Do you believe in fate ?

Options

Replies

• Peregrymj
    Peregrymj Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I believe less in the fate of the individual and more the fate of people of a whole, every person's existence weaving together like a... blanket, or something. Blanket destiny? And then there's a small subset of people, inventors of the important *kitten* the rest of us use like computers and immunizations to improve the blanket. I probably sound like a crazy person oh well.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Nope, this will be poofed as well now that it's turned to religion as it should be. Someone just had to report it. Not sure why it went from "fate" to "faith".

Politics and religion are both against TOS.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Nope, this will be poofed as well now that it's turned to religion as it should be. Someone just had to report it. Not sure why it went from "fate" to "faith".

Politics and religion are both against TOS.

It at least goes back to the ancient Greek belief in the Fates
  • kate141987
    kate141987 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    If it does get locked then it will be...fate
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    jbconnelly wrote: »
    Anybody else find it a bit odd that we can discuss believing in God or not, but the mere mention of Trump v Hilary and the thread is gone in a flash? Religion = Good, Politics = Bad. Got it!

If the thread was titled "God: fact or fiction?" it would be deleted in a second. Since the discussion is buried in a "fate" thread, it will only be locked once someone reports it, or until a mod stumbles upon it. Only a matter of time.
  • kate141987
    Options
    Beginning to wish I'd never started the thread I just thought it was a interesting thing to discuss
    I never mentioned religion because I'm not religious
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    All I know is that the thought that my ideas, opinions and decisions may not be my own or are controlled by some outside source brings me all kinds of anxiety. Thanks OP.
  • kate141987
    Options
    How do I know what my cats get upto when I'm out ??
    So I'm afraid I can't answer that
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    kate141987 wrote: »
    Beginning to wish I'd never started the thread I just thought it was a interesting thing to discuss
    I never mentioned religion because I'm not religious

Some people, erroneously, connect "fate" with God. They are not mutually exclusive. One can feel that the energy of the universe provides a current that they can either flow with or paddle against. In that respect, fate can co-exist along with free will without the existence of a deity. And the existence of a deity could be one that allows total free will, and not predetermination.

So...

yeah.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
This discussion has been closed.