Do you believe in fate ?

Options

Replies

• kate141987
    kate141987 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »
    All I know is that the thought that my ideas, opinions and decisions may not be my own or are controlled by some outside source brings me all kinds of anxiety. Thanks OP.

Well I think your ideas and thoughts are your own but I'd like to think that at times 'fate, the universe or whatever interviens to help you out. Some might call it good luck or good fortune of course bad stuff happens as well but since I'm trying to remain positive I was focussing on the good stuff cos nobody likes bad stuff
  • kate141987
    Options
    2q59zu5kas2j.jpg

I think my cat knows something we don't know lol
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    Tsartele wrote: »
    We live we die our spirits gets reincarnated into something else with no recollection of its past rinse and repeat the end

That's is one theory ..

I prefer to believe that God is in control of all things and that what is know as fate is his devine providence in our lives. Things happen for a reason and it is more than mere chance.

And you're okay of believing that? That you're God is so awesome and perfect that he created all things including lucifer and man and the tree of whatever it was? Sounds like he's playing you coz according to some Christians God knows all past present and future if that is true why did he create lucifer knowing he'll rebel later and why did he made man knowing they'll screw up later and why did he put the tree there in front of their faces and said don't eat it? that's likes dangling cake I'm front of a fat kid's face. In the end your perfect God isn't so perfect after all creating so much imperfect creation anyway that's my take on that deal

It's funny and sad that someone flagged this.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    kate141987 wrote: »
    All I know is that the thought that my ideas, opinions and decisions may not be my own or are controlled by some outside source brings me all kinds of anxiety. Thanks OP.

Well I think your ideas and thoughts are your own but I'd like to think that at times 'fate, the universe or whatever interviens to help you out. Some might call it good luck or good fortune of course bad stuff happens as well but since I'm trying to remain positive I was focussing on the good stuff cos nobody likes bad stuff

I love how folks believe the universe takes time out of its busy schedule to give us an extra latte....

The universe gave me an extra medium fry at Wendy's last night.

Damned universe never did anything for me!

Well, except that I was born in an industrialized country to reasonably well educated parents, with a decent brain, and my health . . .

But other than that! I NEED free fries . . .
  • kate141987
    Options
    lpnsqox7dtm2.jpg

Look at his face, he's definitely part of the illuminati
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    otgh6rkutdge.jpg

Can't believe this hasn't been posted yet.
  • jnichel
    Options
    otgh6rkutdge.jpg

Can't believe this hasn't been posted yet.

*slaps forehead* Damn, the Internet (and me) isn't what it used to be.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    No but I do believe in a thing called love
    Just listen to the rhythm of my heart
    tumblr_m5olu7xVsP1r70p9yo13_r1_250.gif
  • khaleesikhaleesi
    khaleesikhaleesi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's our innate longing to see patterns in order to analyze situations/people/things or if it's really some kind of cosmic force (note: I am not, by any means, religious), but there have always been weird things that were almost too coincidental happening in my life. I can look back and see how every situation emptied into the next, like a river into an ocean-- just for a quick, easy example: My last partner's father moved to Jamaica and lived there half of the year (which is uncommon here-- we live in Kentucky and he is white), and then I met my now-partner, who is actually half Jamaican. Little patterns have always existed for my life. So, who knows.
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    MsAmandaNJ wrote: »
    I don't believe in fate as I don't believe in God. I think things happen and we either attach meaning to them or not, to varying degrees. There are people I meet and instantly know they're important to my life, although it takes time to see why - learning is the fun part.

if you truly believe then you believe that god knows beginning to end....fate. just saying
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    kate141987 wrote: »

I love how folks believe the universe takes time out of its busy schedule to give us an extra latte....

The universe gave me an extra medium fry at Wendy's last night.

Damned universe never did anything for me!

Well, except that I was born in an industrialized country to reasonably well educated parents, with a decent brain, and my health . . .

But other than that! I NEED free fries . . .

well, now i feel bad for throwing about half away.

tumblr_nkcrbu13pP1r5hb9jo8_250.gif
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Considering I managed to find my fiancée when we lived 10 hrs apart at the beginning, I would say I definitely believe in fate. :)
  • jbconnelly
    jbconnelly Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    jbconnelly wrote: »
    Anybody else find it a bit odd that we can discuss believing in God or not, but the mere mention of Trump v Hilary and the thread is gone in a flash? Religion = Good, Politics = Bad. Got it!

not really- this one has *almost* turned hostile once or twice already. once it completely breaks down it'll get locked too. unless we can somehow divert everybody's attention and remind them this is only the internet and everybody just needs to lighten up francis.

zUvxXDa.gif

It hasn't turned hostile though. I think it's pretty cool to see people's different ways at looking at beliefs didn't know there was so many

Hey, I agree. I wasn't saying it should be deleted. I don't care what people want to talk about. I just thought it was weird they would allow this but not a political discussion, that's all.
  • jnichel
    Options
    I don't know if it's our innate longing to see patterns in order to analyze situations/people/things or if it's really some kind of cosmic force (note: I am not, by any means, religious), but there have always been weird things that were almost too coincidental happening in my life. I can look back and see how every situation emptied into the next, like a river into an ocean-- just for a quick, easy example: My last partner's father moved to Jamaica and lived there half of the year (which is uncommon here-- we live in Kentucky and he is white), and then I met my now-partner, who is actually half Jamaican. Little patterns have always existed for my life. So, who knows.

The Shadow knows.
  • jnichel
    Options
    I don't believe in destiny
    Or the guiding hand of fate
    I don't believe in forever
    Or love as a mystical state
    I don't believe in the stars or the planets
    Or angels watching from above
    But I believe there's a ghost of a chance we can find someone to love
    And make it last...
  • Steven_626
    Steven_626 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Everything happens for a reason, whether we understand it or not.
This discussion has been closed.