Do you believe in fate ?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    vdmjowthczs0.jpeg

This has to be some kid of clue, but what does it mean?
  • kate141987
    kate141987 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    vdmjowthczs0.jpeg

This has to be some kid of clue, but what does it mean?

The tiger has cleverly convinced the piglets to climb onto his back for a "photoshoot"
    But really they're dinner
    He is literally bringing home the bacon

Took me ages to think that up lol
  • Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    kate141987 wrote: »
    Ok so let's say God didn't create the earth or man, let's look at what we know 100% what did man create?
    The wheel
    Cars
    Fancy houses
    iPhone
    Greed
    People say if there is a god why are so many people in the world suffering still?
    I say that's probably down to man being greedy and nothing to do with God

Religion
    Medicine
    Charity
    The written word
    Maths
    Science
    Babies (technically women)
    Music!!!!!!!!

the list goes on and on, it could easily be bombs, blah blah

agriculture
    food preservation
    indoor plumbing
    ethics
    the internet

Don't forget God man created God coz like the normal sheeple that we are somebody has to Shepherd us throughout our lives

What I find amusing is that the same people who cry for tolerance and diversity are the same people who are the most intolerant of anyone else's beliefs especially those of Christianity.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Tsartele wrote: »
    Villae81 wrote: »
    Ok so let's say God didn't create the earth or man, let's look at what we know 100% what did man create?
    The wheel
    Cars
    Fancy houses
    iPhone
    Greed
    People say if there is a god why are so many people in the world suffering still?
    I say that's probably down to man being greedy and nothing to do with God

Religion
    Medicine
    Charity
    The written word
    Maths
    Science
    Babies (technically women)
    Music!!!!!!!!

the list goes on and on, it could easily be bombs, blah blah

agriculture
    food preservation
    indoor plumbing
    ethics
    the internet

Don't forget God man created God coz like the normal sheeple that we are somebody has to Shepherd us throughout our lives

What I find amusing is that the same people who cry for tolerance and diversity are the same people who are the most intolerant of anyone else's beliefs especially those of Christianity.

Tolerance of diversity is necessary for society to function (and allow us to make a claim of legitimacy and fairness) and it is focused on the core of who people are in terms of mostly immutable characteristics (gender, ethnic background, original nationality, and sexual persuasion). Religion is a belief system that has no logical or scientific basis. Now, to be clear I am a strong proponent of the US First Amendment, and freedom of religion, but belief is not above criticism, and it seems logical to me to ban discrimination against people for immutable characteristics such as the above even if it conflicts with others' religious beliefs (which are all fine and dandy but again don't seem to have any basis in logic or science). That said, the above post that you responded to wasn't exactly what I would call well put together or mature.

That's my 2 cents on that subject.
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    I do, iv had a few things happen in my life that seem as if they were meant to be, situations that I just think are too meaningful to explain away as being purely 'coincidence'

Every day you have choices.Your choices lead you down certain paths . Bad choice =bad path . Good choice = good path . There is a universal path . The more you open yourself up to the universe , the more the universe will open itself up to you . Taking action , overcoming fears , taking risks is the key .

Even as a collective there is a path . People that live in bad countries at some stage made a choice as a collective to not stand up for themselves , vote in the wrong people , or let themselves get taking over by a dictator or some religious state .

There is always a path , choose wisely as an individual and choose wisely as a collective .

Just last week i decided to make a split decision choice to visit a place i did not go in a long time and i ended up meeting a great person . Your choices, your action taking and tossing your fears aside will determine the outcome of your life .
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Yes. My husband and both of my daughter's are my perfect examples.
  • plubbers79
    plubbers79 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Fate is like good luck. There is no such thing. But there are things like commitment and hard work that are real.
  • dozenmonkeyz
    dozenmonkeyz Posts: 150 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I believe in me. The rest of you, and god, and all that, are just figments of my vast imagination
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    Maximus wrote: »
    "Tolerance" has become the calling for acceptance for the most progressive ideas while at the same time labeling traditional perspectives as bigoted, hateful, and intolerant.

In its purest form, tolerance is a fair attitude toward those who have different viewpoints or opinions from your own. The left reject that form of tolerance.

but i tolerant you

RELIGION AND POLITICS?!

this thread has it all!

• MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    billglitch wrote: »
    MsAmandaNJ wrote: »
    I don't believe in fate as I don't believe in God. I think things happen and we either attach meaning to them or not, to varying degrees. There are people I meet and instantly know they're important to my life, although it takes time to see why - learning is the fun part.

if you truly believe then you believe that god knows beginning to end....fate. just saying

Truly believe what? I used the phrase "I don't believe" twice. Just saying.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »
    All I know is that the thought that my ideas, opinions and decisions may not be my own or are controlled by some outside source brings me all kinds of anxiety. Thanks OP.

Well I think your ideas and thoughts are your own but I'd like to think that at times 'fate, the universe or whatever interviens to help you out. Some might call it good luck or good fortune of course bad stuff happens as well but since I'm trying to remain positive I was focussing on the good stuff cos nobody likes bad stuff

I love how folks believe the universe takes time out of its busy schedule to give us an extra latte....

The universe gave me an extra medium fry at Wendy's last night.

I always get extra *kitten* from Taco Bell.
This discussion has been closed.