cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    Options
    KarenE - Can I come to dinner? <3

Love Heather
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Wise Words :smile:
    Do the small work, the moment to moment choices.
    Time to participate in today's performance. No more indulging in self-recrimination.

Thank you ladies!
    Today's performance was mauuuvalous! I played tennis with the teenager and we giggled like crazy. He plays "Lunar tennis" and its hard to keep that kids balls in the correct court. (ok that sounded strange) I confessed it was going to be strange to play tennis with my clothes on. I am not as out of shape as I thought I would be. Swimming helped!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    M
  • Annr
    Options
    Well, I am now my neighbor's Denture Technician.. This is my elderly lady that I have adopted. She knocked on my door today and asked if I would help her with something. So after she did laundry she knocked on my door, and motioned me into her apartment. Her upper denture was in the sink on a washcloth, along with a booklight highlighting the area. The tooth that needed gluing in the washcloth. I guess most of her teeth she has super-glued them back in place, but now with her eyesight, its difficult for her, poor thing. I super glued it in, and I chatted with her, while it set for a bit. Then she put her teeth in and chatted. She confessed that she is annoyed most of the time, with the world, the people she has to deal with that are morons, and life in general. It's tough getting old! Her attitude will see her through many more years though. She has moxie!

It was a great lesson in being thankful for what you have. I have my health, and I have you all!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    Options
    :)Karen, there are several reasons that I am able to walk so many steps in a day--first, I don't have a full time job outside my home so I have a lot of discretionary time, second, I have redesigned my day to go to bed early and get up early so I have time for a very long walk in the morning with my dogs before I have to shower and dress for a class or appointment, third, my husband is recovering from spine surgery so I have to do all the dog walking every day, and fourth, I seek every opportunity to be active and walk rather than sit.

:)Clair, Happy Birthday...I started on MFP at age 62 and lost all the weight that had plagued me since I was in my 40's.

DJ, A poodle just home from the groomer is one of life's great joys petting-poodle-smiley-emoticon.gif

:) I got a call today to reschedule my MRI to the imaging center at the hospital instead of at the place closer to where I live....I was able to schedule it for the same day and someone told me that the MRI machine at the hospital is less confining than the other one so it appears to be a blessing.

81824br5uyrfrsr.gifBarbie from beautiful sunny NW Washington t113030.gif

• pipcd34
    Options
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,118 Member
    Options
    Clair- Happy Birthday! Have a fun time celebrating!

KarenE- great news! I hope you enjoy the benefits of the workout!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    Well, I am now my neighbor's Denture Technician.. This is my elderly lady that I have adopted. She knocked on my door today and asked if I would help her with something. So after she did laundry she knocked on my door, and motioned me into her apartment. Her upper denture was in the sink on a washcloth, along with a booklight highlighting the area. The tooth that needed gluing in the washcloth. I guess most of her teeth she has super-glued them back in place, but now with her eyesight, its difficult for her, poor thing. I super glued it in, and I chatted with her, while it set for a bit. Then she put her teeth in and chatted. She confessed that she is annoyed most of the time, with the world, the people she has to deal with that are morons, and life in general. It's tough getting old! Her attitude will see her through many more years though. She has moxie!

It was a great lesson in being thankful for what you have. I have my health, and I have you all!
    Becca
    Oregon

old-man-taking-off-teeth-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Karen and Becca – My DH wears dentures. But, he cannot ‘eat’ with them in; so he takes them out to eat. My DOS just gets ‘so irritated’ with him because he waits until he is ‘in the restaurant before taking them out, putting them in a napkin, and putting them in his shirt pocket.

Twice in 2 weeks at the same restaurant; he dropped one of the plates and they went ‘skittering across the floor’. My DOS could have dug a hole in the seat and gone to China because of it. When he told me the story … DOS telling it … I started laughing so hard that I had tears rolling down my cheeks. The 2nd time someone saw them and said, ‘well someone is going to be missing those’; and, DH said, ‘oh, that would be me’. Just picked them up and put them down in his shirt pocket. There is NOT way that he is going to take them out until he gets ready to eat. He says it is like eating cardboard when he tried to eat with them ‘in’. Of course, now there are a few things that he just can’t eat; but, for the most part he has learned how to compensate.

Lenora
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 10.06in, 15.2amph, 123mhr, 2.5mi = 67c
    SPIN- 55min, 86r, 74w, 9ag, 137mhr, 13.4mi = 381c
    ride gym 2 wk- 52.45min, 12.5amph, 149mhr, 10.9mi = 437c
    ride wk 2 hm-56.16min, 10.8amph, 150mhr, 10.1mi = 471c
    total cal 1356
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Lisa ~ Love the drawings!

Janet ~ Your water setting makes me want to be there.

(((Becca)))

(((Allie)))

Carol

Carol Peach, c'mon girl friend. :)

Janetr okc
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Lisa, loved the pictures. Either their Mom is a crafty person to do those with feet and hand prints or they went to a wonderful class. Very framable.

Was a busy and long day. First they told us that since Charlie took all his morning medicine without thinking, he took his blood thinner and he would need to wait 48 hours before anything could be done. Then the surgeon came in and i guess he appreciates medical professionals who are a bit gutsy. He went down to radiology to talk to the radiologist who would be doing this procedure. Now tell me why I was so worried about who would be putting this drain in??? Anyway, just a few minutes later the tech came in with a cart. Charlie was going for a CT scan. Not long later he is back with a drain in! They had an immediate output of 60 cc or 2 ounces. Through out the day it looked like another half an ounce or so. Of course there was the amount that went on the floor. By the time I left, around 7 PM, his temp had broke enough they had to do a complete linen and gon change. So he has an IV, IV antibiotic and drain in and looked so much better when I left than when I took him there.

Guess I should see why the sirens are going off outside.
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Becca: I thought you were going to say you were grateful for having your teeth...: :p
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Joyce h13006.gif Charlie will be feeling better now.

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    Options
    :)Joyce, glad things are going better for Charlie

petting-poodle-smiley-emoticon.gif Stats for today:
    19,000 steps
    188 minutes of dog walking
    line dance class

sleeping-beauty-smiley-emoticon.gif Now off to bed early

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Did 1 hr of Prevention's Personal Training DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Tracie Long Back Up DVD.

Joyce - wouldn't surprise me one bit if you had "white coat" syndrome. Vince used to have it.

KJ - Congratulations!!!! Sending only positive thoughts

We skyped with Bryan today. It was a very short one, he said he was "tired". At 7 in the evening???? Even WE don't go to bed that early! He said to us "I don't feel like talking. I've had a rough day.". In a sense, I hope he never becomes a parent. when your child wants to talk, regardless of how hard a day you've had, you have to put that aside and talk. So I went outside and worked about 2 hours on the weeds. I'm getting there! I was going to go in the pool, but I remembered that I need to make cookies for when Jess comes down this weekend. I also want to give some of them to my neighbor who I saw on facebook just had knee replacement surgery. Hard boiled some eggs to have later in the week

We're supposed to meet a friend of Vince's who he used to work with for tomorrow for lunch

Lisa - what adorable gifts!

Katie - I love jerky. The only problem I find is that no matter which type you buy, it's all high in sodium. I guess the only way around that is to make it yourself. Happy birthday to you dh. Take care of yourself. We don't want any more popped stitches. You were lucky this time. But I don't know about the next time...

clairblue - welcome back! Congrats on the weight loss. Happy Birthday you youngun!

Joyce - (((HUGS)))

DJ - that hydromassage looks so wonderful, no wonder you want to use it!

pip - starting Tuesday I can drive!!! I've already planned that next Thursday I'll use the spinning bike at the Y. How I've missed that and some of their other machines (like doing HIIT). The only time I got to do HIIT was when we were at the hotel in VA for the wedding. And that was back in May! Oh happy day, oh happy day.....

hmmm...I can't seem to log my food. I keep getting a message that there was an error.

Michele in NC
  • Annr
    Options
    SSC1958 wrote: »
    Becca: I thought you were going to say you were grateful for having your teeth...: :p

:smiley: Oh that goes without saying...but I will say it... I am grateful for having my teeth!!!
    (chomping them together noisily)
    Becca
    Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Phew, Joyce, that must be a wonderful sight to see all that gunk coming out! I'm not a medic, but I hope they are ashamed of themselves for letting it get to that stage.
    Up early, but I slept well. I am excited about going to Hove/Brighton. My DDIL texted me last night to say they had engaged the nanny we saw being interviewed while we were down there. She has to work out her notice for a month, so can only do one day a week for a while and start full time end of August. My DDIL will be going back two afternoons a week up in London in September and will have some work to do at home with writing, website etc, but the rest of the time she will be a hands on mother, so the nanny will be cleaning etc. She seems happy to do that, which is a blessing, as most won't. I liked her and DDIL says she was great with the kids and baby on a trial run last Sunday. :D Now just got to see if DGS can get into their nearest school. :* It is a big problem over here with popular schools, which are full. They are waiting for a vacancy to come up. They do have other choices, but further away and not as good.
    DDIL is starting an Instagram website to help mothers after their babies are born. She was meeting a designer when we were up last time and we had the kids. She wants it to be a friendly and accessible way of telling the truth about how you might feel and why you are not alone. It will be a free service in preparation for her writing a book. I was very pleased when she said it would be a way of her reaching out to more people who could not afford the incredible fees she charges for her London practice. It's the one thing I have always felt critical about, though I have never said anything to her. She has written six self help books, but this is a nice venture for her and will improve her profile.
    Happy mother-in-law! :D<3

Love Heather, near the south coast of England
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Proud of you, Allie!