fanncy0626 Posts: 7,117 Member
    Options
    Allie- Good for you!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Good going Allie, you know we were all beside you cheering you on as you told Tom what he needed to hear.

Chris in MA
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Friday! First things first!
    Allie- <3 YES! I am so proud of you! It feels so good to give the hubbies a good "shake up" to wake them up to the way they are treating us. If your hubby is like mine. You might not get an apology, but the confrontation method has always worked to let him know when he is being disrespectful to me. Some times guys are so thick.
    Lisa- Love the grands artwork! I especially love the bees and the tractors! I might have to try those with my kiddos. You know, if you are collecting a lot of artwork from them, you could have their art put onto quilting squares and stitched into a quilt. It's a nice way to keep them.
    Heather- your dil sounds like a very warm and giving person. I am glad she is getting everything squared away with finding/hiring a caregiver for the kids. That can be stressful.
    Joyce- Hooray for the good news on Charlie! Wow, what a relief, huh? Sending continued prayers for complete and speedy healing/recovery!
    Gotta fly. Putting lasagna in the oven for the kiddos for lunch today. Love and hugs to all!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    well Tom is on his way to Florida, and I will be holding the fort down for the next 9 days, I hope he remember's what I said, because he has alot to lose if he doesn't.. we are getting much needed rain, now as much as we need but will take it... well off to walk the dogs and then feed DFIL. and then to work..
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    DH rolled his mobility scooter twice at Monticello. The first time was on the lawn when he decided to take a short cut. That time he knocked me over in the process. Nobody was hurt either time but he's sore today. The scooter we rented had one wheel in front and two in back. This seems to be a less than optimal design when you're on uneven ground. It sure has given him the ability to get around and get things done, and the battery life is amazing. I'm sure we'll be shopping for one in the near future. We did eat at the Miche Tavern after Montecello and enjoyed our meal. I'm not sure what is on the list today. The kids were talking about an outdoor concert but the weather looks a bit iffy right now. I hope it is dry by concert time.

Karen in VA & Becca: I agree with your comments to Becca. Your advice is very wise. :heart:

Joyce: (((HUGS)))

This is our last full day in VA, and we leave for home tomorrow. We have been very busy seeing the sights, and not much time for anything else. I have loved our time here, but am ready to be home, cuddle my dog and rest.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    katla is it really hot in VA.? I loved visiting Mt Verjin and Monticello. Amazing history. Happy travel back home (I love the trip back home more than the actual travel, what does that tell you about me??)
    NYKAREN
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options
    Clair Happy Birthday! :flowerforyou:
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Allie Yay! Now - no regrets, no softening, no backing down, no apologies. Give him time to process. You go, girl!!!

I'm off to Jazzercise.
  • mousemom18
    mousemom18 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Allie - good for you! Tom needed to hear that. But wait -- he called you a spoiled B???? Unacceptable. Our husbands don't get to speak to us that way. Let's cut that off too. You're on a roll.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. have a great day. :)
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Morning Ladies,

Joyce, I’m so happy they were able to get the drain in and the antibiotics, too. I know when Charlie feels better, you will feel better.

MicheleNC, excited-girl-smiley-emoticon.gifI know you have to be excited about driving. Knowing me, I’d have to cheat and drive a day early. Lol I’ve been having a few problems with FMP lately too.

Heather, I know you will have fun with the grands. Good for your DDIL on her new venture and on getting back to work a few days a week. I hope the Nanny turns out to be even better than expected.

Allie, good for you on telling Tom the truth. I do see him as spoiled and you are the farthest thing from it. Does he have a tiny budget for his trip?

Katla, it sounds like you’ve had a terrific time. Travel safely on the way home.

I’m heading to a Craft Fair with my good friend that has a hard time walking. She usually finds a place to sit for a while and I go hit another row or two. In addition to crafts they usually have lots of other things and it’s a good way to get in lots of steps.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Sending love and good thoughts to all of you and I hope you all have a Happy and Healthy Day! rainbow-smiley-emoticon.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, blow.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,922 Member
    Options
    :)Allie, good job explaining things to Tom, now pack up and go to the cottage like you wanted to.

• miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Joyce, so happy that Charlie is getting the doctoring he needs!

Allie, way to go telling Tom he is a bully. It isn't likely to change him, but there is always that small chance.

Michele, jerky is, by definition, salty. A salt marinade is made to pull the moisture from it so that it is preserved and does not need refrigerated. I used to make deer jerky all the time. The recipe I had called for salt, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce! But it was divine! You can just dehydrate meat, but that is not "jerky". And I don't think that could be kept out.

Got nine hours of sound sleep last night and am starting to feel human again. I was so tired yesterday that I forgot to drop off the tester when I was in Iowa City, so I had to make another trip to Iowa City. It is over half an hour to get there. So I spent a good six hours driving around and sitting in waiting rooms. (I took the fellow I help out to Iowa City to get his teeth cleaned.)

I love you all.
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Dr. visit on Wednesday went well. Turns out some of the dissolving sutures (yes, they really will eventually dissolve but the process takes many months) worked their way to the surface and broke through. He removed the offending stitches and cauterized the areas. Not totally healed yet but already looking much better.

Work has been hectic. Two weeks plus today and I will be gone. Word is starting to get out and I have had several people approaching me to help with one last project before I go. I have had to turn them all down because my time is completely spoken for. Too bad none of these people can make upper management change their minds.
  • summertime19
    summertime19 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Good morning all :)

A random question here.

What helps cellulite? My legs are horrible! :s

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    morning peeps -

exermom - YEAYYYYY!!

GRANDMALLIE - yeah gurl!! HI FIVE!! CHEST BUMP!!! proud of you!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    think I'm gonna hit 1200+ miles by the end of the month., Kirby is off today and he asked if I wanted to take a training ride this sunday. I had to say yes cuz its the last day of the month and this will be his 1st long ride. he only rides to the train station which is about 3 mi and home from the train which is about 2.6mi with one good hill. this sunday I will be able to see how he does on a long ride. he says he's not as fast as he used to be but I'm pretty sure he will still be able to kick my butt on those hills, he's awesome on hills, I am not, I suck... Kirby found some bike bags that we could store our bikes in. all you do is remove the tires and it fits into a bag, so we won't have to buy a bike rack, we will be able to store them in bags, i'll take pics later.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Michele in NC – Sounds like Bryan has a ‘cat-like’ personality – that being, ‘I will want what I want, when I want it and I don’t care who I hurt to get it’. Clawing and meowing (bitching); or wanting love (on his terms). He wants you to listen to him, when it is convenient for him, or when he talks; and, maybe it isn’t a good time for you. Especially, if he bombards you with ‘his’ tales; but doesn’t want your feedback. I have a ‘dog’ personality in my DOS … like a ‘puppy’ all in your face; our DYS has a ‘cat’ personality and it is like ‘pulling teeth from a hen’ to get him to talk. He is a man of ‘few words’. Got a call from them yesterday, he was upset to hear that DOGD seems to have changed her mind about going to vet school; and, has decided to teach, He wants us to ‘talk to her and tell her she is too smart not to follow her dreams’. Even if she has to go to technical school to get a certificate to be a veterinarian PA degree. If after that she wants to try to get into vet school, she will have some experience to do so. Then she will be able to do most of what a vet does, without having to worry about overhead. He says if she teaches, she will never make enough money to live on, and pay her student loans off. He is REALLY upset with it. He says he has ‘never’ met a school teacher that was a ‘happy person’.

Oh, I am so ‘envious’ of you being able to drive again. Just be careful! I don’t get to until the middle of December. But, you knew that already.

Katie – I love ‘jerky’ too; but, only get it every once in a while … when I am ‘craving’ I guess the salt, more than anything.

Heather – Yeah, DDnLs are sometimes hard to say anything to; especially if they wear their feelings on their sleeves like DDnL#1 does. She posts things on FB, just to see what type of feedback she’ll get … Like … ‘I got a job; we’re moving to Panama City Beach, FL. Did not even tell DOS she was doing that, not even her BF. DDnL#2 is so ‘sweet and thoughtful’. I got her the cutest birthday card and one for my DYS. Did not buy one for DDnL#1 because she has been “Driving Miss Daisy” today. I’ll do that while we are at the beach. DDnL#1 gets very defensive ‘when’ I do say something. She’ll go home and ‘stew’ about it for ½ a day; then email me or sometimes ‘text’ me about ‘how I had hurt her feelings’. I’ve gotten to the point I don’t even bother to apologize. My DDnL#2 won’t respond to anything she says … she had blocked her; and, because she has ‘tagged’ DOS, she still does see things written on it; but, she doesn’t even read much. My DBnL told DH, ‘what is wrong with her’ … she’ll post ‘anything’! My OS called and wondered if it was true; that was the first I had heard anything about it. At this point, if they want to move ... not going to get upset about it (too much).

Allie – Any possibility he might be showing signs of ‘early’ Alzheimer’s. I had a friend whose husband suddenly got very ‘ugly’ to her – verbally abusive … then suddenly, hit him like a rock … so bad she had to put him in a nursing home. He really isn’t that old; in his late 70’s. Doesn't recognize a soul.

Katla – My mother got one of those scooters; and, my sister said she was sending it back; she was extremely heavy and could barely get on it; DS was afraid she would turn it over and hurt herself; so, she got her one of those walkers that you push and it has a basket and a seat, so she could sit down if she got tired. That worked out pretty good for her.

Took Cracker in to board her for the long weekend, I already miss her. Vet’s going to clip her nails; and, he looked at the one that they had to cut off, due to it being split. It’s growing back fine and he said the puffiness is to be expected; because until it grows out the pad get hard to protect it. If she is running ‘ok’ … we don’t have anything to worry about; she runs really hard and occasionally picks it up; more so when she is slowing down, sometimes walking, and ‘anytime’ we are looking at her or call her name … he laughed and said I was probably right that ‘she is playing us’. If I tell her ‘put all your weight down on that foot’, she’ll do so. She seemingly knows what we are saying and ‘if’ she could ‘talk’ … she’d talk our ears off.

Lenora
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    Options
    Summertime - My cellulite is horrible too, but it's been like that since I was 20. Even models have it. My ghastly thighs were inherited from my mother. As a child I used to look at hers with horror. Now, after much fitness training, mine are bearable, but I wouldn't take them out in public! :laugh:

Here I am in Hove, just about to go out for the fish and chips. DH is doing the bedtime story. <3 Bea had her injections a couple of days ago and is a little bit restless. I hope she sleeps while we are babysitting. DS and DDIL are going to a nice French restaurant on the seafront tonight. I hope they have a nice time - they are exhausted. :o

Love Heather