Replies

• lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    B)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,815 Member
    Options
    Joyce~so sorry things are just going nuts for you guys.. when it rains it pours, I will quit my cranking and focus on praying for Charlie and you.. hope it all comes to a end and he is on the mend and you can get the care you need..
    I didnt say a word to Tom last night but stewed all night getting a very very staggered sleep.. would love a cup of tea but going for bloodwork in an hour or so..
    I will have a talk with Tom tonight.. I will tell him if he cant trust me to take care of the dogs we have had for 11 yrs then he can take him with him to Florida.. 2 days in a car with 2 dogs would get him upset.. so we shall see. I have a physical at 9:15 and I will be put on the morbidly obese column I am sure.. I just have been doing and doing and doing..
    Jean and Faith left yesterday afternoon for the cottage and then to the lake.. I have to water the flowers up there every other also.. dont know if I will ever see any money from them for Faiths care ,but thats ok..
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    becca "I have scars and have to forgive myself". Such a true true statement. We all have to forgive ourselves. Then do the small work, the moment to moment choices. You know that prelogging doesn't work for you. You know that logging accurately and or measuring portions is the method that can work. One food choice at a time and use distracting activities that move you away from eating beyond what your body needs. I would medicate my mood with food and I would punish myself with overeating to the point of hurting myself. Take a breath, stop hurting yourself or punishing yourself over past behavior.

Heather thank you for sharing what a great journey you're on. Very inspiring to me.

Stay cool everybody as best you can B)
    NYKAREN
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    evening ladies~
    well I am not going to the cottage this weekend, because Tom who is leaving friday for Florida, doesn't trust me to take care of our dogs while he is away, he said I can go any weekend when he is back, but my brother, sil and Faith will be gone for the month of august to the lake house in N.H. and I wont go to the cottage alone... to big and spooky for me.. ya know I get looking forward to something and he just likes to let the wind out of my sails... on that note think I will go to bed.

Just go anyway, how would he know if he's away? You re a grown woman and can make yourmown decisions and certainly take care of dogs.

Just my thoughts...

Didn't sleep well at all last night, achy muscles kept me up and the Aleeve didn't help. . Water aerobics or increased kettle bell weight, who knows? Hoping for a scale loss to make it worth while, but no go.

Everyone have a great day.

Chris in MA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,815 Member
    Options
    KJL~ congrats .. so exciting
    I am back from blood work.. I will get barked at about that too as that cost money,insurance wont pay.. but need it for kidneys..go in 2 weeks to see new kidney Dr..
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,366 Member
    Options
    Karen in V- I will join you in the know it all club. :laugh:

Joyce - You go girl! You tell'em. This has been going on long enough. :flowerforyou:

Been watching kettlebell workouts on U tube. Reading a Look Inside workout book on Amazon. I feel inspired. This morning I did 10x10x18. But that was after 1 hr 20 mins of cardio, so it was quite tough. I feel fine now though. :D I'm going to take my kettlebell to Hove for the weekend. It will be great as I won't have my machines down there, so a 20 minute workout on Saturday will complement our beach visit. I have my new beach shoes. :D

DH discovered my missing Amazon parcel behind the rear rubbish bins. :grumble: So now I have two of what I ordered. All use able, so that's great. Why they said they had handed it to me is a mystery. :ohwell:

Love Heather xxxxxxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,097 Member
    Options
    Lisa darling!

:heart: Margaret
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!!

Goal for today - move my butt...10,000 steps and stop procrastinating!! Need to finish my month end company books and prepare myself for my 2 granddaughters birthday parties...

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Lisa ~ Love the drawings!

Janet ~ Your water setting makes me want to be there.

(((Becca)))

(((Allie)))

Carol
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.

I took yesterday off. No walking, no weight training. Lots of paperwork and a little crying. I worked myself into a state with all the paperwork I needed to do, and if made me feel physically exhausted although it was probably mental. I forced myself to clean the bathrooms, and I felt much better by nightfall.

Today is DH's birthday. He is 70. In honor of his birthday, I walked both laps with him. 12,000 steps before 9:00 a.m. I skipped the gym again because I think I popped a stitch. I'm going to the doctor for my two week checkup today and will find out or sure. It doesn't hurt, it just looks like there's a split seam in the surgery site. I'm hoping she can steri-strip it or something. Next time I will follow doctor's orders!

I'm up a couple of pounds from no weight training, but still in Onederland. Still struggling with upping protein, but I bought beef jerky at the store yesterday for snacking. I didn't think I would like it, but I did. And it takes a long time to eat just a little bit.

Thinking of you all, replying to none. Maybe next time....
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    :warning:
  • carriels7
    carriels7 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for being here - reading your posts inspires me greatly. You are oh so right - diets don't work - eating healthy most of time does.

Barbie - WOW 18000 steps!!!!! Uber impressive

Michelle in NC - am in little river - just north of myrtle beach

Thanks Chris in MA. got off as much protein but am back to increasing it as am working out more. Didn't know I could sweat this much!!

Heather - you are truly inspirational. Thanks so much, you young whipper snapper you
  • fanncy0626
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Heather - Great job working out! It is more beneficial however, if you do your strength training first. And then they suggest no more than 20 minutes of cardio after but, that's totally up to you! I actually do it the same way that you just did because I have to take my dog on a 5 mile walk first. However, if you don't have to you would see greater results the other way. The reason why is that you start your fat burning engine with the strength training and it continues through the cardio. I got that from reading the book "Become a Fat Burning Machine". There is an afterburn of calories after strength training that continues for hours.

Lisa- you will have treasures for the rest of your life! I love kid art!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglifts Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Week 3, day 2 of the 5 week program to increase from 7 to 10 reps.
    Goblet squats-3X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing-19 X 10 X 35

Walk 1,000 Miles Challenge
    7 miles

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Clairblue2
    Clairblue2 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yikes, long time, no visit! My weight loss journey has slowed down, but still making progress--down 20 lbs. This morning I will meet with a personal trainer at the gym as there are many fitness machines there that I have no idea how to use. Would like to have options for varying my routine. I don't plan to "hire" the trainer on a regular basis, but would like to be more familiar with the machines and how to use them. Oddly, when I joined the gym in April, no one took me around to show me how the different machines worked. They really want you to use their personal trainers (and pay for them -- ouch!).