Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,722 Member
    Options
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I was wondering what an 'at home' sleep study was. Doesn't sound very diagnostic. I really need new tubing. I know I have to see the doctor but it has been 3 years since I have seen him. So I'm not sure if I can easily get these new supplies or not.

Penny, wonderful pictures. So many wonderful life lessons your grand kids will learn by learning hiking.

We have had Charlie's lab work done and his CT scan is scheduled for 2:15 this afternoon. They did not tell me a date and time for my stress test. His was the important one. I also called the surgeon's office, I felt like e were cheating on him by going to our family doc and starting this treatment.

Joyce, Indiana
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Well it is Wednesday so this week is flying by. I am working the short shift today and have an interview this afternoon, so hoping to fill my last spot and we will be full staff. It is cooler today and getting some rain. So I am hoping for a nice walk this evening.
    Meg--Glad to hear from you and sending prayers and hugs. I have been struggling to get back on track. Please do not give up. Sorry to hear Benny is not taking his pills well.
    Miriam--Congrates on the NSV. Sorry you are having so much trouble getting your CPAP redone. Does not sound like a lot of fun.
    Barbie--Sorry you are having so much pain. Praying you get some answers soon. Good to hear Jake is doing better each day.
    DJ--Sorry to hear about your friend. Hugs.
    Karen--The new bathroom looks really nice and glad to hear she can get into the shower chair. That has to make her feel better.
    Cheri--Glad to hear your family visit went well. Hope things work out and you get the contract on your house sale before you have to leave.
    Joyce--I do wish you were closer so I could give you a big hug and help you with whatever you need. Keeping you in prayer.
    Penny--Love the pictures and sounds like your family time was fantastic. Memories.
    Well ladies take care and remember we are in this together.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Vicki ~ Glad you are getting the staff you need.

Miriam ~ So sorry for what you are going through in order to get your CPAP.

Joyce ~ Hoping that Charley and you get the help you need to heal. It's been a tough road for you both.

Heather ~ Congrats on your beach shoes.

I did a Youtube easy cardio this AM. It let me know how out of shape I am as I could only do half. Will try again tomorrow. I have been weighing every morning this week and am upset at how the scale goes up and down and then up again as much as 4 lbs. I am trying to be more honest with my logging but still drink too much wine.

Carol
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the compliments on the pic of my daughter and I.

DJ thanks for the body comment. Lol Have been very successful In the maintaining phase. Just kept the eating and exercise healthy after the weight loss. Not easy at times but don't want to go back where I once was.

Anne from Wisconsin
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    jmkmomm wrote: »
    I was wondering what an 'at home' sleep study was. Doesn't sound very diagnostic. I really need new tubing. I know I have to see the doctor but it has been 3 years since I have seen him. So I'm not sure if I can easily get these new supplies or not.
    Joyce, Indiana

Joyce I did an at home sleep study. We visited the sleep study lab at the hospital and the technician explained how to use the equipment. There is a small box that you wear as a head band with the conductors on the box against your forehead. There is a tube which slips around your head and into your nasal openings. In the morning you return it to the sleep people and they analyze the data. I am sure it is not as accurate as a sleep lab study. I was pretty sure I did not have sleep apnea issues so opted for this option.

Cheri
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    carol step away from the wine! Lol. I've noticed that if I weigh every day I get frustrated cause it fluctuates so much and I don't want a higher number to make me give up and overeat. I weigh once a week and then look to my log to see where I can adjust my choices. It has worked for me as well as looking for NSVs like saying no to drive thru, one serving of whatever etc to keep me motivated.
    NYKAREN
  • mousemom18
    mousemom18 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Carol you have to tell me what "too much wine" looks like because I'm sure I'm right there with you.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,353 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!

Will have to catch up with you all tonight. Don't have time at work to read the last 3 pages, although I would rather do that than work! Just saying hello. Have a bit of an attitude problem today and am trying to turn it around, so I figured what's better than you lovely ladies? :smile:

Teenage granddaughter and I had a bit of a battle yesterday. I dislike that part of having her live with us. I don't want to be disciplinarian. I just want to be grandma...you know, the GOOD GUY for a change! I think it carried over into my dreams and I woke up a bit off my game. Been having difficulty focusing on my projects today at work, so took a drive to clear my head, then hopped on here to say hello and now I'm going to start my day over without the piss & vinegar of this morning...

Been sticking to my pre-logged foods and sticking to my daily goals, so that is good anyway.

Have a great day everyone and I'll check in later.

Tracie in hot, sticky and humid Green Bay WI
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Vicki- i'm glad that you were able to find somebody so now your place will run much smoother. Difficult being understaffed. Enjoy your walk tonight.

Carol/peach- if you are going to drink an excess of carbs (wine) you should drink 6-8 oz of water with 1 tbls of raw Braggs Apple cider vinegar. It prevents excess carbs from turning into fat! Great job on the exercising!

Joyce - sounds like torture! My DH uses a CPAP machine as well. I can't imagine him going without it for even one night. I hope everything goes well for you tonight.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • Rini_s
    Rini_s Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Today has been pretty uneventful. Didn't get my usual lunchtime walk in today, so I'll have to walk tonight to get my 10,000 steps in for today. I prefer getting them in the earlier part of the day since I'm so tired after work. Prelogged some baked cod and veggies for tonight so I don't choose something outside of my remaining macros. I'm starving right now so I hope I can keep away from the ice cream that haunts me from the freezer. I don't buy it, but my husband bought some Klondike bars. I'll have to look for some of the 100 cal bars for when the craving strikes me. Have a great rest-of-the-day/evening everyone.

Meg – From my last post: It was Meg from Omaha that asked about the Royals. Hi Meg! Love the Royals. I hope to get up to Omaha someday to see the AAA team.
    Anne – love the pic of you and your daughter
    Katla – the land around your house and lake sounds lovely. Someday I hope to move to an area with pretty scenery and places to walk and explore.
    Penny – Oh my goodness, Penny, what beautiful pictures. Your family is beautiful
    CJ – Thanks for the cauliflower casserole recipe, I’ll have to try it after my next trip for groceries
    NYKaren – You will be in my prayers (can I say that here?). I hope everything settles down and that you are doing better soon!
    Becca – Pumpkin butt? That’s hilarious. I can see my husband saying something like that. Lol.
    Miriam – I’m so sorry about the CPAP and the home study (which sounds like torture!). One more night. I hope it isn’t quite as horrible for you.

Rini (Renee from KC)
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Whoops! Just hopping on the thread a little later than normal! Happy Wednesday!
    Penny- As usual, the pics are astounding! It sounds like your grands had a great adventure! I love your posts, they give me another thing that I need to see/experience!
    Heather- Congrats on the lost pound! I hope you never find it. And your friend who is 83? She looks wonderful, and with a 103 yr old mom, too?! It sounds like a family with good genes. You look marvelous, by the way. Good luck on your German!
    Anne- Beautiful pic of you and your daughter! Weddings are nice for so many reasons, a new bond, happy memories being made, a new life started, and you get to dress up! You look gorgeous!
    Ugh...there were others I wanted to comment on...Oh the pot roast girl, lol, sorry, can't remember who posted about the burned food in the crock pot...I always add a good amount of canned broth, that way I can make gravy for the DH. About a 3 pound roast, fill the pot with veggies and add about 24 oz of beef broth and a cup of red wine (pick one that will go with dinner, too!) When it's done (8 hours), I pull the meat and veg out and add some corn starch and cold water to thicken the broth. I am a gravy taster, but not an eater, and I swear it tastes WAY better with the wine. A really fruity wine is very good in this. Blackberry or cherry...delish!
    Ummmm...who else...Pip, Mary, Barbie, Miriam, I am sure I am missing something, but maybe I should say Yea! and Way to Go! Because you guys are always doing stuff to inspire me!
    Lenora - You are a loser this week, too! Yea, YOu!
    Gotta fly! Kids getting picked up and gotta throw some chicken on the grill! Sleep well! Sending fairy dust or magic poppy dust from Oz for all of you insomniacs and CPap users!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Miriam- sorry I thought it was Joyce that had the CPAP machine issue. I hope everything goes well for you tonight!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Rini (Renee from KC)~ Yep...Pumpkin Butt....but really whatever my husband says, as long as its in a nice tone, its good with me. And he says Pumpkin Butt is such a syrupy lovey dovey tone, I can't help but love the guy... lol

Well went to TOPS today, and I was a gainer. I am so tired of not being able to ring the "I've lost weight" bell, I just just spit. Will have to do better is all.

Today was the induction of the new officers and honoring the old ones. Nice little program. Then we had a potluck afterwards, and everyone brought something. I didn't but this is the first year in 4 yrs that I haven't so I don't feel too bad. Plus I always help set up or clean up. Anyway, all in all a good day.

Becca
    Oregon
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Right beside our motorhome. nlf3r7llo1gm.jpg
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    evening ladies~
    well I am not going to the cottage this weekend, because Tom who is leaving friday for Florida, doesn't trust me to take care of our dogs while he is away, he said I can go any weekend when he is back, but my brother, sil and Faith will be gone for the month of august to the lake house in N.H. and I wont go to the cottage alone... to big and spooky for me.. ya know I get looking forward to something and he just likes to let the wind out of my sails... on that note think I will go to bed.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    KarenE – Your son sounds like mine when he said, ‘only REAL artists draw in pencil, anybody can paint’. Showed him, drew a turkey ‘in pencils’ for Christmas that year. I love pencil drawings, and love doing them; but, I’d rather have some ‘color’; so last year I did one in combination for him. That’s my ‘turkeys’ for him. I had already ‘painted’ one before.

Just finished the ‘pink’ sunflowers for my DGD#4 and we’ll take it to her when we go out in late August (it’ll be for her birthday in November). Don’t know if we’ll see them this Thanksgiving … guess we’ll see. Last year, because she and DYS had gotten married and she told her ‘ex’ that they WERE coming to GA; and, he could make up his days at some other time; or on Thanksgiving Day weekend this year.

Miriam – If you have not had a recent ‘sleep study’ they aren’t going to pay it, unless you do. I had one a year ago; but, because I had not had my old machine 5 years, they refused to replace it until it was 5 years old. Got my ‘new’ one several months ago and it is like day and night. So quiet! Also, when I did the sleep study, it was a 2-night test; one without the C-pap; then next one with the C-pap and all hooked up to something like a combination of a EEG/EKG. I had to call out when I needed to get up. The first study I had, when I got my original C-pap, was done at the out-patient setting, the beds could be adjusted, soft or hard; did this last one at my ‘lung MD’s’ office and the bed was as hard as a rock. Now, I do like a firm mattress; but, this felt like I was sleeping directly on the box springs. I use mine at night and any time during the day when I take a nap or think I will fall asleep if I am reading. I use a ‘wisp’ mask which only covers my nose; I don’t think I could use a full- or half-face mask. That would make me feel like someone was suffocating me. First time they had to go ‘find’ one; as, I was getting a little ‘hysterical’.

Joyce – I rent my machine, because they will ‘fix’ it any time something happens to it. I’ve had to send it back twice in 5 years. I get my supplies twice a year; and, they normally call me about it.

KJLaMore – Yeah, it was ‘only’ one pound; but, it seems the closer I have gotten to my goal; the slower and less I seem to lose; but, my D-GYN did notice it and said something to me about my weight loss. HA! HA! HA! After I told him that he had ‘told the “wrong Nancy” about seeing my weight loss when I had my physical. I think he will say something every time now. LOL!

Becca – Are you checking to make sure someone doesn’t have their ‘toe’ on the scale when you get up on it? I did not have any success with WW; so I quit. Seemed like I gained weight and could ‘never’ get my points. I’d rather be here and count calories that have been set for me by my MD.

Lenora
  • pipcd34
    Options

thaks - kjlamore! i try to inspire :0)