WOMEN ages 50+ FOR JULY 2016

Options

Replies

• miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Janet, you are beautiful before and after, but so much healthier after!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    mightlolo u look pretty bangin in that dress i think!
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Heather, Miriam - Thank you ladies so much. Its a whole new world. I feel so much better and can do so much more, things I've never done in my life, like squats ha! :)

Janetr OKC
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stat for the day:
    other - pt at gym, stretches, bosu ball, walk/sprint round track 158mhr, some w/5# weights = 316c
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    LoLo, you look like you're in your 30s, and I see no fat anywhere. My guess as to why you're having trouble is that you are very close to where you need to be.

Janet and Chris and Barbie, thanks for sharing your stories for the newbs.

Did I tell y'all about my new Fitbit Alta? I like it because it shows the time and the number of steps right on the face of it but still has a slim profile like the Flex. I don't like that it will not sync to my iPhone or iPad in my living room. I have figured out the issue is our sound bar. Fitbit says it is a known iOS issue when multiple Bluetooth devices are in range. My Flex synced just fine so I'm not sure. I can walk back into the bedroom and sync, so I'm going to live with it. Anyway, this Alta is supposed to be able to detect what kind of exercise you are doing and record it. Yesterday when I cut grass with the push mower, my Fitbit says I was "biking outside." Ha! Just call me Pip the second.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,
    Linda – you tagged it, and my mom is lonely so she talks without ceasing, and I am used to more quiet time.

Linda and Janetr – I understand that there are different causes to senior dementia, some could have a hereditary component, but there are ties to poor diet, lack of exercise (movement), smoking….

Heather – hang in, you have had a ton of ups and downs in the last 2 months, be gentle with yourself and this will settle out.

Lillian – cutie and that is you holding him, looking very thin….

Lisa – the trailer looks perfect, especially knowing you have warehouse overflow – extra bathroom/shower, fridge….

KarenE - be sure to measure not just your food, but You too… sometimes the plateau is weight but not inches…

Chris – glad to read about the journey, and so glad you are still hanging with us, hope that job is getting better.

Pip – send Kirby an awe shucks from me….sometimes Family is overrated. If I ever get married, I’ll invite you both!!!

Larisa - Great dress! And I have heard that raising the calories does help for some folks, what harm is there in trying for 2 weeks, if it works awesome, if not you know what to do…

Janetr – you look great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Katie-PipII – LOL

So my mom came over this am, and my nephew Ben showed up right after – he was picking up some embroidery I had done for him. Mom took us to lunch – too much! But we’ll do a light salad for dinner so all is fine.

I just found out that Kyle my bio-nephew applied for and won a scholarship for the junior college he will go to (junior or community college is for the first 2 years of college – it is located in the town he lives in so he can live at home and the cost is lower) The scholarship should cover about 1/3 of the total costs for the first year – Excellent !! He also got a summer (maybe school time job) it is bagging at a grocery store, not a fun job but the pay is ok and the hours should be perfect 15 or so a week, gives him plenty of play time. And that should help pay for some of the additional college expenses and then my Mom and I will make up the difference, as his folks are use-less.

June Goals
    1 fun thing a week, graduation, visiting with Vickie, working in Eden garden, sailing in the pacific ocean
    Log everyday to the best I can, over if need be.
    11,000 + steps everyday

July Goals:
    2 fun things a week, Lunch with Ben,
    Log everyday to the best I can, over if need be.
    11,000 + steps everyday – like to hit 160 miles for the month.

Smiles.

Kim from N. California
  • janetr7476
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Thanks Katiebugand Kim BTW I kinda like Pip II Lol

Janetr okc
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    Larisa, You look beautiful in your dress, :) but I know your goal is to weigh less...I hope you'll be open minded to the idea of trying more calories along with continuing to be as active as you are..above all Do not be discouraged

Pip, yes, relatives suck in many ways. :'( ...Jake's older brother refused to speak to him for years and since he died about a year ago, there's no chance of that changing

janetr, :) thank you for sharing your before and after photos. :) ...you are an inspiration to all of us, especially anyone who thinks she is too old or too heavy to be able to succeed.

:'( Brandy hurt her leg and has been either limping or running on three legs....if it's not better I'll take her to the vet on Tuesday.

<3 Barbie

• Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Some days group texts are just out of control.
    cdyzc1pzleuk.jpg
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I read 2 pages about an hour ago and had to leave it. So I have no idea what I was going to say. Larissa, I love your red dress and you can't tell that the scales start with a 2.

Do any of you live in a tiny house. Well besides the future house the lisa will live in? I love watching the shows on HGTV. I must admit I have never watched Tiny house nation. What is it about. I don't know how I would deal with Charlie if I recorded or watched that one. I try to watch the ones on HGTV while he is not in the living room. He is very verbal about what he feels like a house like that and the people who live in them.

I tell you the heavens opened up and it poured this afternoon. It's supposed to go through Tuesday like this.

Joyce,, Indiana
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Well not feeling the urge to fix my dinner tonight. Just made Pineapple teriyaki chicken over sticky rice for husband. Also made just a simple egg and bacon cut up mixture for son to add the sticky rice to, and have his fried rice. Then he puts our family special sauce on it. We ordered awhile ago some "bulldog sauce" which is a Japanese style tonkatsu sauce and since it has a bulldog on it, it has always been called bulldog sauce in this homestead! We ordered it on Amazon in a pack of 6 bottles, and I am down to just one. Crazy!

Everyone I hope you have a nice holiday weekend! Enjoy the people you are with.
    Becca
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Barbie, thank you. That was my question to the surgeon, dietician, psychiatrist and everyone else I had to meet with "Am I too old to do this?" I am so glad I did. And so glad I found this terrific group of women.

Janetr okc
  • NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Lillian – The grandbabies are beautiful!

Lisa – Happy that you found an RV that will work for you.

KarenE – The fact that you are building muscle may explain the lack of weight loss. Muscle weighs more than fat. Start looking for some non-scale victories (NSV’s). Are your clothes starting to feel looser? Do you have more energy? Those are things to celebrate and to help motivate you to keep moving forward.

Katla – Thanks for the link to the Alzheimer’s documentary. I will be watching it tonight as soon as I log off here.

Pip – You are right. Sometimes family sucks! On another note, you can add me to the list of people who consider you to be a hero. I went on a 15 mile bike ride today and I am really feeling it tonight. And you did 700 miles in a month – that is 20-25 miles per day. You really are amazing!

Larissa – You look great in that dress – makeup or no. One to two pounds a month is better than nothing, but I understand it can be frustrating when you want things moving faster. I would follow your trainer’s advice and see how that goes. It really can’t hurt and they do typically know what they are talking about. Onederland will come. Keep up the good work.

Chris, Barbie, Janet -Thank you for sharing your stories. You are all an inspiration to those of us still on this journey to a healthy weight.

Went on a 15-mile bike ride with my daughter today. She is now out enjoying the 4th of July festivities with her friends. I am sitting on the couch too tired to do anything. LOL
    Tomorrow we will go watch the 4th of July parade – our younger daughter will be marching in the parade with her high school band. Then, we have been invited over to a friend’s house for a picnic. Have to bring a dish to share so I think I will run to the store in the morning and pick up some fresh fruit for a fruit salad.

Hope that everyone in the U.S. enjoys the holiday tomorrow.

Linda in IA
  • pipcd34
    edited July 2016
    Options
    no_excuses - i was just surprised that he wasn't apologetic or anything... when i saw his sister's posting on Facebook, i didn't reply with a like or congrats, just couldn't do it. good job on that bike ride.

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of a body By Bethany DVD. That's a good yoga DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do another segment of the Butt Lift DVD, hold my plank, and then do a Cathe Muscle Max DVD

katla - I'm so sorry you didn't get your riding lesson. I know how much you look forward to them.

Joyce and Pip - you're both heroes in my book

Made a pork loin for next week and began marinating a flank steak. I think I may make the chocolate chip cookies and put them in the freezer for when I take something to the new neighbors. They moved in, I guess it was Friday, so I'll give them a few days to get settled before I go over there and introduce myself.

Linda in IA - I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL. That's so hard. I remember when MIL was in an assisted living facility and started to have dementia. I got real good at my "is that so?" and "tell me more about it". How does your FIL feel about the whole situation? I never knew that about COBRA! Thanks for informing me

Heather - hope your dh feels better fast

Lillian - Jax is ever so cute. Congratulations. and Emma is so cute, also. What a lovely family you have there!

Lisa - how wonderful that you got that RV. What a great looking RV

Made chocolate chip cookies for the neighbor then some "pops" for me. They're basically Greek yogurt and OJ concentrate, poured into a pop mold and then freeze. I put it into MFP's recipe calculator and the calories only come to something like 59 each. Got dinner ready to microwave. Hopefully, I can go outside and work some more on the weeds. Lisa - I sure could use that device your husband has around now!

Chris - Vince always used to get me candy (Dove) for our anniversary, Easter, christmas, any time he needed a gift. then one year I asked him instead of the candy, would he give me Incredible Edibles (flower-shaped fruit). There wasn't any problem at all.

Larisa - when I was taking classes, they talked about the FITT theory. As far as exercise, change up the frequency, intensity, time or type. I know that when I exercise for a day at a lower intensity, I usually wind up having a loss the next day. Same with the intensity. Try that. If you are doing the same exercise over and over, your body becomes adapted to it and it takes more time to show a loss. Nice dress. Did you buy it for a special occasion? Have you ever considered that perhaps your body is telling you that it's at the weight it wants to be at. I'd love to lose another 5lbs, I usually am in the high 120's. I can't seem to get much lower without feeling like c***

janetr - you look lovely, love those pants and top

barbie - sure hope Brandy is better

Re - woohoo for bones!!!!!

Went outside and worked on the weeds for like 2-1/2 hours today. I was dripping wet when I came in, but I'm determined to get it done! Used the hedge trimmer, that helps. I'll probably do some tomorrow and then I'll use the machine to get closer to the ground. Then more hedge trimmer. when I came in I took a shower and laid down and fell asleep for a bit. I don't know what it is, this happened to me the last time I worked on the weeds, too. After working for a bit, I come in and take a shower, then I get so cold that I need to put on my heavy housecoat. Then I get so warm that I take it off. Weird.....

Michele in NC
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Charleen2 – I enjoy the houses they make on Tiny House Nation; but, I don’t think I could ever totally give up things and live in one, unless I was single, and it was sitting on a beach somewhere

Janetr7476 – WOW! What a transformation! I’m finding that the closer I am getting to my goal, the harder it is to get those pesky pounds off.

RE – WHOO HOO! That is a fabulous way to find a NSV!

Lenora
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Michele and Lenora - thank you ladies. Linda I would like to lose more but its not happening, so for a while I'm just hanging out, working out and enjoying life. Maybe eventually it will come off.

Janetr okc
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Joyce, so sorry for the blow out. It seems that changing the bag in standing position would be better. Keeping my fingers crossed for both of you.

MicheleNC, I know you are so ready to get behind the wheel again. Hopefully for you it will be a fast month. And I remember when we lived in Charlotte, going into SC and seeing all the fireworks stands. Now I don’t even pay any attention. Lol There were also video poker and other gambling machines in SC until they put a stop to it. I had friends that would cross the border to play.

Katla, I’m soooo sorry you didn’t get to go out on the boat. I know you were looking forward to it. ((((Hugs)))) I’ll keep my fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Janetr, glad things are going well with DGS. Great picture of the family. I was trying to figure out which one was the dad and which was the son. Your DSIL looks so young. In fact your daughter also looks too young to have a child that old. 

Heather, that is cool that you got to see the video of your son’s holiday. I know what you mean about the post-holiday slump. It’s so much fun to plan and go but then….”Oh my gosh, It’s over!” I hope your DH gets better real soon and that you feel better each day. ((((Hugs))))

Lillian, what a beautiful boy!!! I know you are proud. Who is the lovely lady holding him? Oh and Emma is a doll.

Barbie, so glad Jake is progressing. Especially happy for you that you are back home and feeling the joy again.

Lisa, congrats on your new tiny house. It’s great you ended up with a new one and don’t have to worry about someone’s cooties.

KarenE, I hate for you to get discouraged. Please remember that even with weeks of the scale not moving, the body can still be changing and for the better. That has been the case with me. Just keep on keeping on and you will get there.

Chris, I think we need to promote PB to at least DPB (definite) if not BF. But whatever we call him, I’m so thrilled for you both. A HUGE congrats on gaining so little and on getting back to the working out as much as possible. You sound happy and that is what we all like to hear.

Pip, did Kirby’s brother have a wedding with invited guests or just go to the JP or someone to get married? I can understand his hurt. Good grief.

Larisa, wow wee, girl. You look marvelous. Great dress. Everything I read about a plateau says to change something up, so maybe upping the calories for a short time will do the trick. Who knows, but can’t hurt to try.
    pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

We went to the flea market early this morning and boy did it get hot before we were finished. I sweat like crazy and soaked the 4 tissues I had with me. I did take water so kept hydrated. It was a fun outing. I got some earrings and new ear buds to use on the bike at the gym. I don’t have an IPod but you can plug in and listen to their music or watch TV. They didn’t have that in the old days when I used to go to the gym. I really wanted to catch up after not reading any today until tonight, but I’m just too tired. I have two pages left but will have to work on them tomorrow.
    I do hope you all have a wonderful weekend and a safe holiday. …6624.gif

Sending love and good thoughts to all of you and I hope you all have a Happy and Healthy Day!

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, blow.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC