WOMEN ages 50+ FOR JULY 2016

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Those of you who are not getting enough sleep need to know that you are sabotaging your weight loss. Lack of sleep causes weight gain. It slows metabolism and it decreases the "feeling full" hormone so you eat too much!

I agree with you based on experience. Chronic fatigue leads to all sorts of unwise eating just to gain a little bit of energy. It is a form of self-sabotage, and I lived that lifestyle for years. I continually guard against going back to those habits. That is why I still log every bite and swallow even though I've been at goal for a while. :flowerforyou:
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Traci, sorry to hear about your dad and what he will have to go through. I’ll be thinking of him and remembering him in my prayers.

CarolGA, Stay Away From the Fast Food restaurants! Surely there is some place to go in and get a quick lunch? We are rooting for you!

Cheri, moving is a big job and stressful. It sounds like you have a good grip on the situation so just remember to take care of yourself. So glad the new rental ended up being better.

Charleen, with that dessert, I’d have to flush it down the garbage disposal and fast. If you took it out of the box and put in the garbage, I’d be digging out a bite or two before the day was over. Ewwww

MicheleNC, so sorry about Bryan. I know it hurts. ((((Hugs))))

Barbie, I love the card you found. My DH and I both do that for each other.

Heather, I hope your son’s move went smoothly. I’m sure the celebration you attended was nice.

VickiNE, I do hope the problem at work is better. As for the problem at home, I just pray for you to have patience as they never seem to go away. I love my DD something fierce but if she lived with us I don’t think any of us would be happy.

Cheri, I’m really happy for you and your whole family that DH has things under control better. ((((Hugs))))

Commom2 and Sweetpea, welcome. It would be great if each of you told us about yourselves to help us get to know you. Also please sign each post with the name you want to be called and a location, general or specific.

Mia, so sorry about the job. You are kinder than I am. If I found a new job, I’d give two weeks’ notice and then be out of there.

Joyce, glad there is no more packing!!! Wooo hoooo I hope the bag will continue to stay on and sealed for 5 or 6 days from now on.

Heather, so glad you enjoyed the celebration and that your DD got into his new home.

NYKaren, I’m glad you had the opportunity for a good cry and got some of the drama behind you. Know we are here for you!! ((((Hugs))))

Sue, I’m with your DH. I always heard it was instant 20-20 vision after the surgery??? Ppffttt

Re, congrats on not eating all the dip. I think that is a biggie too. Keep up the good work.

Kim, that’s a good idea to start your sleep routine the week before the job starts. I know you must be getting excited. Does this mean you will have to cut down on the embroidery business?

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

DH took Pepper to the vet bright and early yesterday morning even though he seemed a little better. He was checked out thoroughly, even an x ray that the doc didn’t think was necessary. All he found was some parasites in his tummy which we now have two kinds of drops for. Glad he’s okay and I guess time will heal all. Thank you for all your well wishes. You ladies are the best. I went to a friend to give her hair a trim and then to the gym. I woke up with my back hurting which only got better when I was on the Hydro-Massage bed at the gym. (oh I love that thing!) Later I figured out that I took my PM pills in the morning which don’t include my daily pain pill. “DUH” Today I have been doing some committee work and took DH to the Moose club for lunch. I was awarded “Member of the Month” at the meeting Monday night so I have a personalized parking space near the front door for the rest of the month. I told DH we would have to go more often so I could use it. LOL Thinking of you all and sending love and good thoughts to all of you and I hope you all have a Happy and Healthy Day! rainbow-smiley-emoticon.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, blow.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the comments on sleep or lack thereof. Believe me this is not a matter of choice on my part. This is a problem I have fought since my late teens. I've worked with many doctors to find a solution and am still under my doctor's supervision for this problem.

Janetr okc
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Re wave back to you!

Pip glad Kirby got a good report.

Drkatiebug glad surgery went well. Take it easy as you heal.

I went to a good friend's funeral yesterday. I did not stay for the meal because DH was going out of town and I wanted to have dinner with him. I made a stop at a local grocery store and saw these painted rocks that said LOVE. They were painted in peach a good color on my friend that past. I bought one for me because that was the emphasis of her service. I thought every time I look at it I will think of her and all the love she had for family and friends. I felt her presence and proceeded to buy the remaining two rocks with LOVE painted on them and went back to the church where the service was held. I place one by her wedding album and then the other by a bouquet of daisies. When I talked to a fellow friend she said the daisies were from here daughter who brought them from her garden. It was as if Judy was guiding me to place them by her daughters flowers, so she would be reminded that the flowers would fade. The solid rock of love from Judy would remain. I was blessed to have her in my life.

DH left at three in the morning to visit sister in Chicago so they could go to a family party together. DS who works odd hours was able to take him to the airport. DSIL is in the middle of a move. When she called to tell me he had arrived she proceeded to tell me all the things she and he did to help her with her move. I reminded her that he got up at three in the morning to come for this visit and he is one bed by 11 and up at 6:30 plus he has cancer. I asked her to try and pace their time with her move better. I think she knew by the end of our conversation I was not too happy with her. I know she is anxious about this move, but her brothers health is more important. I helped her move once. After that experience I decided never again.

:heart: Margaret
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Have not been able to log in for a week so many posts never be able to catch up. Lol. Hope everyone is well. Only 484 messages to read. Have a great night ladies.

Anne from Wisconsin
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Did 1-1/4 hr Jari Love Extremely Ripped DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Bosu Reactive Strength DVD.

Dawn - have you ever tried HIIT? That's High Intensity Interval Training. Basically what you do is sprint for a certain amount of time (say like run for 30 seconds) then recover for a certain amount of time (say walk briskly for 1 minute). When I do this, I usually like to do it on an elliptical to save my knees.

Kim - it's supposed to be hot here, today, too. but I'm bound and determined that I will go out to cut the weeds for at least an hour. then I'll come in to take a "rinse off the blood" shower and then go in the pool. Vince talked about wanting to see "secretive lives of pets" so hopefully, I'll rest some in the pool and then we can go. Update: We'll go Tues when we can go for $5

Boy, this "no driving" thing sure does s***. 20 more days!!!! Vince feels I should do everything at one time. Little does he realize that if I do, we have to eat all the fresh veges before they start to go bad. We need some fresh veges in the house. I was just saying to him "that's all the Bacon Bits you have". We've been out of cherry tomatoes for him for quite some time now. Same with the spinach for me. I don't like to get cukes only because they don't last as long. I may get a few the next time we go to Aldi, then I'll probably also get some squash to have in my cereal. Well...only 20 more days to go!!! (I'm not ready, am I?)

Found out that the ceramics place had the yellow Invision paint on their list to order, but it wasn't on the purchase order. However, the one gal thinks I'll have enough to finish the seaturtle. She didn't have a problem with me taking the paint home with me so that no one else would use it.

Charleen - when is DD going to get that chocolate out of your house?

While on here I'm hard boiling some eggs. Don't know why, but I just woke up. I'll be on the computer a bit and then go back to sleep.

Well, went to the post office, then Bi-Lo, then CVS to get a prescription for Vince.

Guess who called???? Yup. Well, Vince said that the girls really got on his case. Jessica wrote him saying "call mom, its urgent". Don't ask me to explain it, but he called Jess. she just told him "why don't you call mom instead". Really, if he wants to be treated like an adult, perhaps he should consider starting to act like an adult. but I didn't tell him that. He did send me his new address. Evidently, Denise asked him why he hasn't communicated with us and his answer was (natch) "I've been busy". Denise evidently said "no ones THAT busy" Vince is feeling a bit left out. Bryan didn't even call him after his surgery or even send an email

Bryan evidently had on some sort of headset, but I did get to talk to Dianna. Seems she could speak and the microphone would pick it up. But she couldn't hear me. I don't know why he's so intent on keeping her from us. He doesn't have anything to hide.

Then worked on the weeds some more. Worked for about 3 hours. that's tough going, let me tell you. Didn't even get to go in the pool. Had 48oz of water while doing this. Had to take a shower to get the blood off

Carol - if you're going to be working in this heat, be sure to stay hydrated

Chris - that sure is one great guy you have there. Will his virtues never end? Happy Birthday

Beth - I know it's hard to see them leave, but know that you've done a fantastic job raising her to be the mature woman she is today.

Miriam - you're so right. Lack of sleep DOES interfere with weight loss.

KJ - interesting diet those kids have.

Katie - bet it feels good to be rid of that cyst

Need to rest my back some and put my feet up.

Michele in NC
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Katie glad all went well with your procedure and you are already wanting to get back to exercise!

Spent some time with my sister who was so sad yesterday on the phone. But today, she was much better, had a wonderful time painting an entry hallway with her. Tomorrow I will head back home to NY HOORAY! my DH has been a source of encouragement and support, I will have to find a way to show my gratitude ;)
    NYKAREN
  • Lisa1660
    Lisa1660 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies...I love reading all your posts...
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,917 Member
    Options
    1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif81824br5uyrfrsr.gif

:) Greetings from my world of dancing and dog walking (and changing sheets and doing laundry)

<3 Thank you all for being part of my life
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Michele wrote:
    "Beth - I know it's hard to see them leave, but know that you've done a fantastic job raising her to be the mature woman she is today."

I think Beth's SON is in for a bit of surprise when he discovers he's become a "mature woman". Sorry couldn't resist teasing you a bit. :)

Janetr okc
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
    ride hm 2 gym- 10.37min, 14.5amph, 133mhr, 2.5mi = 76c
    other - pt @ gym- 40minm = 81c
    ride gym 2 wk- 54.44min, 12.1amph, 141mhr, 11mi = 405c
    ride wk 2 hm- 55.16min, 11amph, 146mhr, 10.1mi = 449c
    total cal 1011
  • Katla49
    Options
    Michele: I'm happy that Bryan finally called you! WTG, Jessica! :heart:
  • NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Katla49
    Options
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Charleen - that sounds like so much fun to have neighbors like that. Enjoy the party.

Chris in MA - beautiful pics, thanks so much for sharing with us. HAPPY BIRTHDAY in a few hours now.

My daughters are on their way to visit their father in CA. They really don't know him very well, he chose to remove himself from their lives when he and I divorced, they were only 3 and 4. He was in and out of their lives periodically. Now that he is 65 he regrets all that he missed. They were nervous about going. The youngest talked her sister into going too because she did not want to go visit him alone. They have always been close and taken care of each other and absolutely refused to go with him when they were children if the other one couldn't go. The oldest daughter messaged me from the airport in Denver and said "think I'll just run over and get on the plane headed to Oklahoma City". Almost made me cry.

Janetr OKC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Chris- Happy Birthday! I hope you have a fun day Celebrating! It looks like you are off to a good start! Awesome pictures. I must say that you have very sexy legs!!!!

Have a great night everyone!

<3

Mary from Minnesota