WOMEN ages 50+ FOR JULY 2016

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,190 Member
    Karen - Ahhhhhhhhh!

Barbie - it is my husband's aunt, which is probably why it's more difficult for me. I do know his relatives, but feel I have to behave myself. :ohwell: One thing I have allowed myself to do is skip my morning exercises. I will be hair washing, makeing up and doing last minute things to the house instead. I rarely skip them, but it would just add to my stress.

I am making feta and spinach pie for tonight (it's in the oven ) so we will take the remaining third with us tomorrow for a healthy lunch before the tea party. I will also have some Quest bars with me, as I usually don't eat much of the food on offer and then I get hungry when everyone else is stuffed.
    I will definitely bear in mind what you said. One thing is sure - no one will be looking at me. To get to 90 with all your faculties is a wonderful thing!

Love Heather xxxxx
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Does anyone know where Gloria in WA has been? I've been missing her.

Janetr okc
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Heather: I hope you enjoy yourself at DH's Auntie's birthday party. If need be, "fake it until you make it" in the social department. Reaching age 90 is a wonderful milestone. After the festivities are over, you and DH can relax and get back to your comfortable routines. :heart:
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,042 Member

Linda good to see your post.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,505 Member
    morning peeps -

jmkmomm- when it's in the 80's after work, i still ride home, i love it like that. i'm in the seattle area so people here are dying of the heat. i was raised in 100+ summer heat weather (central california) so i don't mind it. i actually miss it.
    this morning after the gym i rode to work and it was 57degrees.

mikesmom - hubba hubba! u r lookin good! not a fan of cheescake myself but looks good. she should have made you once with all the non-fat low fat ingredients.. a friend of mine did that for me once (she's a pastry chef too) and it was pumpkin cheesecake but not so thick and heavy like cheesecake usually is. it was awesome!, and where r pics of your squeze!!

happy bday to everyone!!!
  • laoighse
    laoighse Posts: 22 Member
    Hi everyone, very interesting to read about sleep solutions. We cannot get melatonin OTC here and I'm not sure about magnesium citrate. I will try to get for one of my kids ( adult) who has sleep issues. I'm back on track looking forward to losing again. Can anyone tell me if you can change your starting weight? I had a start weight a few years ago and it is lower than my current weight, so even though I've lost 11 lbs MFP says I haven't lost anything. Hoping to break into relatively new territory soon
    Laoighse in Ireland. By the way Chris, fab birthday you look great!
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Karen in Virginia – I toured several continuing care facilities in my area when I was looking for a place my mom might like. None of them took the stance that visiting the memory care unit would be too disruptive. The folks in those units loved visitors and I often found it hard to get away. There were always people sitting in the common areas. That was especially true as mealtimes rolled around and people were waiting for the dining room doors to open. Fitness facilities were almost always empty or had a single person in them so I wouldn’t read too much into that. But all the other facilities empty as well? Something sounds off about the place you visited. If it makes it onto your short list I would arrange a second visit and even possibly ask if you could eat dinner there.

Drkatie – Glad to hear you are doing well. Hope you have an easy and full recovery.

Re in TX – Congrats on such a good Dr. visit. You have me grinning here. I am constantly telling people who congratulate me on my weight loss and how I look that while I like the way I look, getting off of meds, having more energy and knowing I’m healthier are the true rewards of weight loss. Great job on not giving in to fast food.
  • pipcd34
    so far 868.5 mi. ughhhh
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,940 Member
    patceoh wrote: »

On mine, some have member by their name, some do not. The ones I've noticed that do not are Glo, Janetr, and KetoneKaren.

This is the weirdest thing. I do not see number of posts by anybody's name.

I am reading from my iPad app. That might make a difference.
    [/quote]

Just noticed the post numbers under each name. Might be new & rolling out at a certain pace? This is a screen shot from my Ipad.......Pat

wummud6qymp9.png

[/quote]

Interesting. Are you using the app or safari to login at myfitnesspal.com? I see what you see at myfitnesspal.com on both iPad and computer, but on the app.....

6ch6cpjbjw99.png

• pipcd34
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Morning, all.

Sadness in Nice.

Here is a happy little story to help lift the spirits. Late yesterday afternoon my 7 y.o. granddaughter called and asked if the dogs were missing her and if she could spend the night. That was an easy question to answer. So we washed one of the dogs and giggled in the dark while she got sleepy. She was up with the chickens this morning asking to go to swim practice (which her mother had excused her from.) So I took her to practice and then she wanted to walk home, so I crept along in the car as she walked home. She is such a goose. t8520.gif

Karen in Virginia

Definitely a happy little story! Thanks for sharing!

Cheri
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    @laoighse
    My Home
    Settings
    Update diet/fitness profile

@miakoda40
    Thank you for that reaction to my CCC post...it did seem odd, but it was just one visit.

@drkatiebug
    How is your recuperation?

@Tessa238 Welcome!

@pipcd34 PipPipPip, you driven thing, you! You tickle me because I KNOW you enjoy riding, and then every once in awhile you just hate it. Or at least the keeping track of it. You make me laugh.

Heather [Introvert here.]

A friend of mine who owns a Christmas shop (smokers & nutcrackers & reproductions of vintage ornaments) and who doesn't really need the income, dreaded it every time a customer came in the shop. She has a very nice little shop which attracts some rather well-off and sometimes eccentric women who collect such items. Her husband knew she tensed up every time she heard the little bell on the door tinkle, so he said to her, "Jill, just watch - watch people's faces and mannerisms and emotions. They are interesting. They don't really want you to say anything, just to listen. Nod your head once in awhile. That's all you have to do. And observe their little eccentricities and be entertained by it. People are fun to watch. Sit back and watch the show!" She has had a completely different attitude from that day on...I think it saved her from having to close the shop, really. What a wise man!

I like Katla's advice to "fake it 'til you make it".

Debbie sending happy heart vibes to your husband: t45103.gif

Re: You make me smile EVERY DAY! m0173.gif

Love you all,

Karen in Virginia
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 392 Member
    Michele, so glad Bryan called even if it is not everything you want..glad your daughter can still twist his arm too...
    Four days till DD comes for visit--mostly excited but cannot turn my brain off at night it seems and I sure need sleep...
    If I can get one more bike ride in this week I think I could hit 40 miles for the week...I like to ride in the evenings now that it is light so late as the air is cooler and the shade more plentiful. Have no desire to have direct sun beating down in midday.
    Cannot even think about France...cannot do anything about deranged people with trucks but it is so sad...
    Betty
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    :flowerforyou:
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    I use Safari........never use the app,if I can help it. Sold my computer last yr,but have been on ipad since it first came out.Pat
  • pipcd34
    ketonekaren- i do enjoy ride, and i NEVER hate it.. my legs are a lil tired because of this riding challange that has extended for another month (which i don't think is fair). i've always kept track of all my stats.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Pip - You are my super hero and I agree, to extend the challenge another month was not right.

Janetr OKC
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Pip

It isn't fair at all.

I didn't know you always kept track of your stats, but now that I think of it, I am not at all surprised! I wish I was always that good with logging food. As soon as I slack off, the creep starts. Have to be diligent. And I agree with Janetr. You are a superhero.
  • cityjaneLondon
    I'm on Chrome. Everything ok, except the emojis follow my text if I use just one. I have to keep touching outside the box to get rid of them, or they add weird ones every time I click enter. Grrrrrrrrrr!

Feeling a bit more relaxed tonight, though I haven't done any packing yet. I've made a list and wrapped the present. I will nip off to bed early for me and set the alarm, though I always wake up well before. :ohwell:
    Hate long drives. Hate them.
    All will be well. Becca, where are you?

Missing Penny :'(

Love Heather
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited July 2016
    I messaged Penny and she's going to get back on here asap. She's well. :bigsmile:

Off to bed. Heather