WOMEN ages 50+ FOR JULY 2016

Options

Replies

• tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Mary so far the kettle bells are working out great. I had to small ones previously never seemed to feel like they were making a difference. Can feel it with the new ones.

Heather love the pic you look great.

Tried to post earlier but lost it. My kayak plan for the weekend is off. Going to be really hot and my kayak buddy does not do so well with the heat. I am trying to step outside my comfort zone more. I have suffered from low self-esteem all my life. With the help of a therapist I am trying to work on that. Long hard road. As she says 50 years of negative thinking is not going to change in a month.

Anne from Wisconsin
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    Katla - I think your choice of a hotel and parking is excellent. Next January we are staying at the airport the night before. Have a fantastic trip.

Our drive back from Brighton was lovely. We chose to go the slightly longer countryside route and it is very pleasurable. People pay to do that!
    We were delighted with their choice of house and it's location. A quiet, very pleasant area, but walking distance from shops and the beach. Hove is a place where a lot of "celebrities" live as it is only one hour from London.
    We go back next weekend as our village has a pop festival! Grrrrrrrr! All you can hear from our house is the pounding bass. :'(:#

Off to do our exercises.
    Love Heather
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    IremiaRe wrote: »
    Hello, Dreamy Dames;

I have become the Stay Puft Marshmallow man… can you say bloated? Sure you can. Oh well, this too shall pass, I guess. Maybe the knee sweat will take it down, faster than usual.

The only excitement going on today is that I am moving from one cubicle to another. Oooo. Ahhh.

I do have some lovely leftover chicken stew for lunch – so that’s all to the good… and because the overall stew is so low in calories, I have a lot of CI left for whatever delightful dinner I prepare, tonight.

Whatever it is, it is going to be EASY. It’s been a long week with lots of morning appointments, and I am pooped. But, I made it to the gym, this morning and that makes every day for the last two weeks… I don’t know that I have EVER gone to the gym every day for two weeks, before. I guess that’s an NSV. I feel weird if I don’t go to the gym, now.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Well, off to clean out another drawer and move some things. It's amazing how much miscellaneous stuff you can collect in a desk drawer in only a few years... lol.

Hugs for Everyone!

Re in TX

I moved from my cubicle to home .... you are right - amazing how one collects sooooo much stuff!!!

Lillian in Wast Central Saskatchewan
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Joyce – Yeah, coffee in gravy; that is the ‘proper’ way to make “Red Eye Gravy” in the south. The meat is salty as well. Sorry you have the taste of coffee; I love it and probably drink 4 – 6 cups a day; ½ at night … it does not affect my sleep.

Klanders30 – DH plans on painting out MBR; I’m thinking a nice very light rust that is in our bedspreads. I’ve had a sage green in there for several years, before that a beige; with off-white trim. And carry it out into the glassed-in porch (slow going); still waiting for the ‘door’. Insulation, bead board, and flooring of some type (even if it is just painted).

Ooooo, just let Cracker out; hope she does NOT find whatever ‘dead’ thing she found yesterday and roll in it. She’d hate to have another bath. Next Friday to Vet for boarding over the long weekend. He’ll clip her nails and check into how her toe pad is healing and the nail that is coming back in. Just ‘thinking’ about cutting her nails makes my tummy do flip flops. At PetSmart they file them down; but, not very much. Got to get her clips in a few weeks for her ‘trip’ with us the end of August. She rides in the car very good, so all we’ll need to do is make sure she pees whenever we stop. Leash has to be high on my list of things to make sure I have.

Lenora
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Lovely Ladies... wishing everyone a wonderful weekend.

This thought of the day resonated with me so I thought I'd share. :smile:

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James

Carey-Northern Alberta
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,117 Member
    Options
    Heather- Bea is precious!

Anne- I am glad they are working out for you! Continuing to work the program with adding reps and weight will really make a difference.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,117 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts Workout A
    Squats- 1X 5/55/65/75/85, 5X5X 90
    BP-1X5X 55/65/75, 5X5X80
    BR- type X5X 85

Kettlebell Swing
    Russian kettle bell swing-22X 10 X 30

Walk 1,000 Miles Challenge

5 miles

I have a very busy weekend so I will probably not be checking in often but I will more than likely continue doing my exercises. I will be reading up to see how you ladies are doing.

Have a great day everyone!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    morning peeps -

thunder was a happening when we got up. had to give Floyd (dog with my orange bike jersey) a doggie downer, it's too warm for him to put the thunder shirt on. it was sprinkling by the time we were on the road, didn't take my rain pants or shoe covers, did wear my heavier rain coat tho. by the time I got done w/the gym it was raining. water felt good on my legs as I was riding to the train station. I was planning on riding to work today but ended up not doing it. since my summer bike has no fenders my butt got wet and feet wet. I have an extra pair of shorts and socks so i'll be wearing dry clothes by the time I get ready to go home.

this weekend we are taking the airstream to go get polished and put the rear view camera on. can't wait for retirement, I'm ready
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,053 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Mary - I did my normal exercises today, but instead of doing the weights for the last 8 minutes I did 5 mins of kettlebell swings with a 5kg (11 lb) dumbell. I hope my form was ok. I was checking in the mirror. No ill effects so far. 5x10 reps. It's a start! :D I want to build up a bit before my 8kg bell arrives. (17 lbs)
    Actually I'm so pleased that we managed to do our exercises after lunch after a drive home. We played some fun music and DH kept one eye on the cricket online.
    Next weekend when we go to Hove we are going to babysit for the Friday night so DS and DDIL can have a night out at a good restaurant. That's quite a rare thing with the three young children. :) Brighton is chock full of great restaurants. My son wants to go to a seafood place. On the Saturday he is going to barbecue for us. :D
    I'm missing the grandchildren already! <3

Love Heather
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    mary those baby twins are precious!

I sampled some green paint on the bedroom wall using Behr paint called whitewater bay. But honestly is is sage!! We will see what DH thinks, I kind of like it though

NYKAREN
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Mary ~ So happy the babies are home! They are so cute!

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Soooo cute those twin babies!
    Well today I woke up at 7:00am, and all three of us out the door by 7:30am. Made it to the pool by 7:55am, dashing to get on my suit and be in the water (that was cool) by 8am. Our deep water class is an hr long and boy my arms and legs are feeling the burn! Took my Dr. Bonners' Peppermint soap and washed my hair, body and suit all at the same time!

Had to buy some items at the grocery store, and I was dragging! I got some Sparkling Ice flavored water. Yummy red grapefruit, and the black raspberry is good too. I got 10 for $10 so I am set for awhile. I take and put them in the freezer about 30 min before I want them, so they are like a sparkling slushie! The last part of the slushie is hard to get out, so I just open another flavor up and pour a bit in to get every goodness!

Today I will make my heavenly meals with rice, shitake' mushrooms, tilapia fillet, zucchini and some chicken stock.

When we got home I watched my husband get a Klondike bar he bought today. Then he was saying....yummmm! I told him I will tell on him to you all. He can be so ornery sometimes! It's no wonder I sometime falter with a man like that eating bad stuff around me. Na...I will take him faults and all. I am his cook so he HAS to be nice to me!

Becca
    Oregon

• miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Re in TX -
    IremiaRe wrote: »
    I have become the Stay Puft Marshmallow man… can you say bloated? Sure you can. Oh well, this too shall pass, I guess. Maybe the knee sweat will take it down, faster than usual.

Whatever it is, it is going to be EASY. It’s been a long week with lots of morning appointments, and I am pooped. But, I made it to the gym, this morning and that makes every day for the last two weeks… I don’t know that I have EVER gone to the gym every day for two weeks, before. I guess that’s an NSV. I feel weird if I don’t go to the gym, now.

Mia – How are you doing? Healing up well?

LOLing about the knee sweat helping with the bloating. Sure would be nice if that works for you.

YES! It is an NSV for going to the gym every day. It is a second NSV that you now feel weird if you don't get to the gym. Take every one of those little victories. You deserve them.

Overall I am healing pretty nicely. My left leg has developed three small openings in the surgical seam. Very small with no signs of infection so I'm not too worried. I just don't understand why an area that was scarred over would suddenly open. Everything should be healed over by now. I see my surgeon for a follow up visit next week so we'll be talking about whether or not this is normal. If it is not normal I want to know hat to do about it.

Mia in Mi

• cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Mary - Adorable twins! So glad they are home. <3

I've just bought from Amazon a sun protective swim long sleeved T shirt and leggings. It's really for Mexico next Jan. Most hotels have pools and the last one has sea and lakes for snorkeling. I always worry about sunburn and get fed up with lathering on the suncream. In Egypt I wore an ordinary t shrt. This way I can snorkel all day! I hope it fits. Had to buy XL as it's Asian sizing. It's quite stylish black with flowery borders. :D

Heather
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • kabwe777
    kabwe777 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Anybody have any quick protein suggestions? Cooking for me only so no big recipes needed