WOMEN ages 50+ FOR JULY 2016

Options

Replies

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Michele in NC – Now that you've refreshed my memory, I do remember the story of being ambushed by son and his 'therapist'. I had a 'therapist' ambush be by telling my Mother something that I had told her and did not want my Mother told; she ambushed me as well. Never went back to her. Something that had happened 30 years prior. OMGoodness ... I was 'pissed'! I'll talk to a MD; but, not to any sort of 'therapist'; they know about confidentiality. I have NO earthly idea what good she thought it would do to tell my Mother something that was long past being a problem.

I think my seizure might have been brought on by the stress of having a wreck 10 days earlier; but, that was not the reason for the wreck. That, and we were attempting to file for a home equity loan, which my BF thought was not a good idea. Mmmmm, she does our taxes and was dragging her feet to get the income tax returns for the year before and this past year. It’s not like we needed the money, we were just applying to see ‘if’ we could get the money. There appraiser sucked when it came to how he figured out the appraisal for the house. I’d say that he took what we owed on the house then figured out what the price for 10 acres would be at the current amount. Therefore … ‘no equity’. Did not matter that we own 40 acres outright. But, that is neither here nor there, I was at the bank, when I realized that I was not making a ‘lick of sense’; the woman looked at me and asked if I was ‘ok’; I went to stand up and that is the last thing I remember until the EMT had me on the gurney asking questions about my ‘seizure disorder’. I thought I was back at the wreck scene; and, told him that I had NOT seen the car. He looked at me and said, ‘you weren’t in a wreck’ … I asked him ‘how he knew I had a seizure disorder’? That is when he pulled out my medic alert necklace and told me ‘this tells me that’. Then he went on to say that I really needed to get a bracelet because that is what EMTs are trained to look for; but, he noticed that I had 2 chains on my neck and went to see if they had any charms on them.

I have filled out the order form; but, I can’t even remember if I sent it in. I really don’t think so. Got to look in my computer area for the order form and letter I wrote because of what I need to go on the bracelet. I keep my ‘medical history’ and ‘list of medications’ in my purse as well as one in my glove compartment.

Today my DDnL#1 had to go to town to buy ‘school supplies’ for 2 children. $350 later (and one special calculator) for DMGD can use throughout HS and into college if it doesn’t die on her, doesn’t get stolen, or lost … I about ‘tossed my cookies’. The loss of her ‘income’ could not have come at a worse time for them. DOS has had to go to his 401K to pay bills, this is an ‘expected unexpected bill’ to come out of their monthly bills.
    Michele – we know you peed in your pants! LOL! I once peed in mine (at the grocery store) and to cover up I bought a ‘large’ cup of water and then poured it all over myself and made a mess in the aisle; so nobody knew anything other than I had made a big mess. So I go home and change clothes and decided that I really did not need to go to the store. Finally, they’ve got my medications so that I don’t have any accidents.

Janetr and Michele – It was so ‘hot’ when we got home, I did not even want to get out in the heat to get in the pool. Maybe a good thing, 30 minutes it was pouring down. When we had gotten home, no clouds that looked like rain clouds around. Weekend means that I can’t ‘exercise’ my normal routine; but, I have a trick up my sleeves. I can get the inner tube and put it on me and flutter around the entire time, playing games, etc.

Welcome to all the "newbies" ... post often, tell us your name you want to be called by; and, a little about yourself and your family and hobbies.

Lenora
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

CarolGA, just hearing about all that moving and other work you are doing just wears me out. I may have to rest for you. Please don’t overdo.

Pat, I hope your peaches are better than the ones I got recently. These are from a SC peach orchard that usually has really good ones but these are somewhat tasteless. Oh how I’d love to make a cobbler!

Katla, glad you got a good night’s sleep the other night. Doesn’t it make a difference? !

Heather, what a bummer that the nanny was a no show. I hope they find a good one quickly. Wow, the flowers you sent were beautiful!!! Your next cruise sounds wonderful.

Chris, I hope you had a good birthday. I just couldn’t get here for it. 

Allie, I do hope your DFIL adjusts quickly to his new place. It sounds better all the way around so I’m sure it was a good decision.

Kay, glad your surgery went well, but gee I hate that you can’t mow the grass!

Margaret, the rocks that reminded you of your friend are so nice. My sympathies for your loss.

Chris, great pictures. You don’t look a bit older!!!

Heather, I can’t wait until the tea party is over to hear how it all went. I’m sure all your worry is for nothing and you’ll have a lovely time, but you are funny on your rants.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I don’t know what I have been doing to stay so busy but having a hard time working in reading all your posts. I do enjoy it so don’t want to skip but still not caught up. That was terrible about Nice, France. The world gets scarier every year. Just stay safe, my friends. Sending love and good thoughts to all of you and I hope you all have a Happy and Healthy Day! rainbow-smiley-emoticon.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, blow.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Linda in IA - Yes he is making an effort. I think it looks like they are having fun.
    cc3g1d8yh7l6.jpg
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Not sure what their Dad is thinking lol

6dgv5rvnai4u.jpg
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Katla - isn't Rori such a neat person? Glad you had such a good lunch.

Michele in NC
    who still needs to rest up from today. My shorts, literally, look like I peed in my pants, they are so wet from sweat. And talk about my shirt!

Rori is among the neatest of all persons. I'm so happy we got to see her today. :bigsmile:
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Chris – Love the birthday story! A surprise party is so exciting, and DMS (I’m upgrading him to Darling Main Squeeze) as taking care of the car repair and loaning you a car – a Porsche no less!

Heather – my local store is boring, they have very few cheese choices… I will carry the name around with me. - So glad you can help out your DS,DDIL and kids.

Karen – I am in the SF bay area – how much more metro could this be? I will have to do some research.

Lisa – Does hubby like the job enough to want to stay? What a compliment.

Peach – Ok I’m reaching out and holding on to the merry-go-round, now jump!!!!

Janetr – so cute!

KJ- So glad you said you are a “head-hits-the-pillow-and-I'm-out kind of girl.” As that is me too! I shoot for 8 also some times 7… LOL on the kids eating ants!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katie – glad that is over and DH took care of the lawn.

Margaret – The Love rock story is beautiful and so glad you stood up for your DH…

Michele – “ I'll probably also get some squash to have in my cereal. “ ???? what kind of squash and what kind of cereal…..

Chris – great pictures!

Karen – the red white and blue sails? Cool pic, but details?

Janetr – where in CA are they going? I’m here … Looks like Pigeon Point

July Goals:
    2 fun things a week, Lunch with Ben, visiting with mom, Cajun food with a friend, got the job!
    Log everyday to the best I can, over if need be.
    11,000 + steps everyday – like to hit 160 miles for the month.

Smiles.

Kim from N. California
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Kim N. CA wrote - "Janetr – where in CA are they going? I’m here … Looks like Pigeon Point"

Their Dad lives in the SF Bay area also, I really don't know where, in suburbs. He drives a public transit bus for City of San Francisco.

Janetr OKC
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    a fellow TOPS gal left me a message saying her thoughts were on me today. I called her and we gabbed like geese in a garden! Love my friends in my neck of the woods here, and of course you all! (((hugs)))

Becca
    baking cookies for teenager in
    Oregon

I have had two finger-fulls of the cookie dough...AAAAck!
    Have gum in my mouth now...

Ha ha....I do the gum thing too!!!

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    <3
  • debbierichardson7186
    debbierichardson7186 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Starting an exercise routine Monday. Walking MWF and strength training TTh.
    Daughter moved all her stuff in this week. She moves in Sunday after a weekend with my son's family. Last visit before going to China.
    She has been going to gladiator camp so I am having her help with the strength training.
    Thanks for the good wishes for DH!
    DebbieTX
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Good morning! Woke up before the alarm, but I went to bed early, so I had a decent night's sleep. :bigsmile:

I feel much better today. DJ - I know my rants are funny, but if I can amuse myself, maybe I can see the funny side. I truly know it will be fine.
    DH's family, of course, is his adopted family. He has always felt different from them, although he loves his sister to bits. One extra pressure is the "elephant in the room ", the awful trouble in the family I mentioned a few months ago. Some people do not know about it, including the birthday girl. No one is going to tell her. But I don't know how much some people close to her know, if anything. I will ask his sister before hand.
    My main worry is the journey. :ohwell: Plus having to make arrangements with a group of people who are the world's champion ditherers.
    Hee, hee, hee. All will be well and if they aren't, this too shall pass. :laugh:

Penny - Good to see you back! We had actually, by accident, put a reserve on the Iceland trip, but we couldn't have the same cabin and it was even more expensive than Svalbard. So DH panicked and we didn't pursue it. He then went into a double grump because he felt he had let me down. He then said he wouldn't mind doing that cruise after all. I looked again and found we could have the same cabin as last time on the White Nights cruise and it was quite a bit cheaper. So we have booked it. August is a bit of a down season for me, so it will be very welcome.

Speak later if I can. Love to all, Heather xxxxxxxxxx
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing

GobletSquats- 3X5X 35
    Russian Kettlebell Swing- 16 X 10 X 35

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    B)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,691 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    slept 8 hrs 20 min.. so feel good...have the sheets in the washer, and having a cup of tea... we will go down at 8:30 and feed DFIL breakfast..the last 24 hrs he has done well.. so here is hoping this was a good move...it sure is nice only going 2 blocks down the street, we walk down that way quite frequently...
    Found out our insurance is so bad that they wont pay for our colonoscopys.. so will cancel that as neither of us can pay 5,500 a piece to get it done... I swear ..there is a conspiracy between the insurance companies,pharmacy and Drs ,where no one can afford dittley squat..
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Kim N California Photo of blue, white & red sails and the later pic of jets w/blue, white, and red jet streams: Nice France, Bastile Day in honor of the fallen. There was a caption I think but it was small. Anyway.

Janetr They all look pretty happy...so nice...

Michele God girl, you work so hard. I have done that sort of thing before when I was determined to get some awful task done - I know you can take care of yourself, but do hydrate and take breaks - I wish you weren't doing this all by yourself.

DJ Busy is good. Sometimes I forget my vow to limit screen time.

Joyce Sorry not such a good day. Poop discussion alert: Gall stone in the bile duct causes such a hard full bloated feeling, so uncomfortable...and as you know if the bile is blocked by the stone for awhile, it can slow the gut & then result in light colored poo when it finally comes through. Ugh. So sorry for the two of you, I just hate that this is difficult instead of a big relief for Charlie and you. Stupid gallbladder.

Interesting what you take for sleep: "Valerian root and Wild Lettuce leaf for sleep" - I have heard of Valerian root but I know nothing of Wild Lettuce Leaf...I shall look it up, thanks!

Linda IA Here's to quiet weekends! Have a lovely one, you deserve it.

Penny I read your post 3 times, I was so happy to see you posting again. I love your posts. Glad you had a good time and are home sweet home! That book you read sounds interesting. I am going to read "The Nest" as soon as I get ahold of a copy. Should have put it on my Amazon wish list, but it's not too late I guess. My family never knows what to get me for gifts because I don't want "stuff" anymore.

Everyone else: Happy, happy weekend! I'm off to work this morning and then maybe, just maybe, I can gather the brood to go chase Pokemon at the Science Museum. My kids chase Pokemon and the Science Museum of course has a lure...graphics-pokemon-351657.gif

<3

Karen in Virginia
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,906 Member
    Options
    :) I got to bed early and slept well with no interruptions so I was able to wake early and have time to spend with all of you. I love reading about all your adventures. They add to my gratitude that my life is so peaceful and uneventful. I love the rhythm of walking the dogs and going to dance classes and hanging around the house with Jake who is getting stronger every day.

:) This is the weekend of the Lavender Festival....I'll stay away from town and the crowds. My usually quiet and peaceful neighborhood is having a garage sale weekend so yesterday and again today there will be a lot of traffic. My friend is coming over for a walk this morning so we'll be part of the confusion.

81824br5uyrfrsr.gifBarbie from beautiful sunny NW Washington t113030.gif

My word for 2016 is "alacrity"....I will greet all experiences in my life with cheerful readiness

146200.png
    “The secret of contentment is knowing how to enjoy what you have, and to be able to lose all desire for things beyond your reach."-- Yutang Lin
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    I haven't been here in forever so certainly didn't read back. I'm back trying to low carb hopefully I can stick to it.
    Good luck to all. And all is well with me for you oldtimers.

See you all lighter.
    Linda in cool Northern Ontario.

Welcome back... :)

• Lilymay2
    Options
    Good morning....

Grandson's birthday party this afternoon.
    Company arriving later this morning. Thank goodness they are bringing campers and I don't really have to cook for them.

Picked 2 pails of sour cherries last night so I better get them in the steamer ... they are too small to pit so will just use the juice for syrup and jelly.

Better get my butt in gear ... lots to do. Retirement seems to be a busy busy thing...

Later girls, have a great day :)