1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    19,000 steps
    190 minutes of dog walking
    45 minutes puttering in the garden
    60 minutes walking with a friend
    more laundry and sheet changing

• trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    DJ,quote"Pat, I hope your peaches are better than the ones I got recently. These are from a SC peach orchard that usually has really good ones but these are somewhat tasteless. Oh how I’d love to make a cobbler!"

Busy today,but peeled & sliced a fresh Ga peach. Oh,my.......could eat them every day....no sugar needed.Just perfect.Tomorrow,I will make a cobbler,then peel,slice & freeze the rest.

JANETR.....your girls look sweet together. They probably felt awkward....maybe a little at sea ....being as he's a stranger to them.Have been thru it,but know it's different for everyone.Not one of my better memories. Pat
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 392 Member
    Bicycling stats
    Bicycle week 1
    Sunday: 7.6 Miles--45 min
    Tuesday: 10--53 min
    Wednesday:12.27--67 min
    Total: 30.3 miles

Bicycle week 2
    Sunday: 11--60 min.
    Monday:13.22 --67 min.
    Wednesday: 13.6--80 min.
    Saturday: 16.41 --90 min.
    Total: 54.23

Betty

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    Hi Gals,

WARNING – a vent/rant

Ok so I am on a tight budget, my mother “claims” she is but I have access to her accounts and occasionally check – just for fraud and senior type issues – she is saving more each month than I have to spend… We have both lost weight, neither of us have bought a lot of “replacement” clothes, me because I hope to lose more and it doesn’t fit in the budget, she because she is cheap, doesn’t like to shop – what ever; she is back to a size 2-4 depending on the style and at 87 years old has been told do NOT lose more weight.

So we are going tomorrow to brunch at a friend of the family’s someone I am not fond of but doing it because it is the right thing to do. The friend lives in senior living, with a nice cafeteria aka restaurant. I have a pair of “ok” pants, a shell and a overshirt that will work, and if I am not ok with the pants there is a skirt, hose and flats that will work. They are 15 years old and I bought them second hand… but its fine. (really I’m ok with it) I’ll look nice.

So mom calls just now and starts in on how she has nothing to wear, everything is baggy, yahda yahda yahda… I’m like well what did you wear last week to a dinner she went to…she complained about that too.. So I said I know I don’t have many choices either, but I am sure you can figure something out, and maybe you should go shopping next week as we have an even dressier thing to go to for DN nephew (Kyle )the following week. – It is a scholarship presentation at a very upscale place - I tell her I don’t know what I’ll wear to that either. Her response is classic – “It doesn’t matter what you wear, you’re fat, ugly and a spinster” That hurts! I said well I have to go – see you tomorrow.

I wanted to strangle her…. I’ll put on my big girl panties and be charming tomorrow, but grrr

July Goals:
    2 fun things a week, Lunch with Ben, visiting with mom, Cajun food with a friend, got the job!, watched the sunrise every morning,
    Log everyday to the best I can, over if need be.
    11,000 + steps everyday – like to hit 160 miles for the month.

Smiles.

Kim from N. California
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    hey one other funny thought - Allie if you dump Tom maybe we could hook him and my mom up they could give each other a dose of crappy talk.....
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    edited July 2016
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Tessa, welcome. This is a wonderful group of ladies that are very supportive and informative. Please tell us about yourself to help us get to know you. We also request that you sign each post with the name you want to be called and a location, general or specific.

Linda, it is good to see you. I’m glad all is well and hope you can stick with us this time.

KarenVA
    , I loved the story about your DGD and spending the night. Thanks for sharing. Also love the advice your friend’s husband gave her about interacting with her customers. It’s always better to listen than talk.

Mia, you are so right about the true rewards of losing weight. (getting off of meds, having more energy and knowing I’m healthier are the true rewards of weight loss.)

Katla, so nice that you got to have lunch with Rori.

Penny, it was so good to hear from you. How dare you stay away so long, I don’t care what’s going on in your life!  ((((Hugs))))

MicheleNC, I also liked Re’s term, “slimming sisters” but I still refer to all of you as my Phat Chat Friends. 

Joyce
    , I just hate that Charlie is still having so many problems. I’m sending the strongest good wishes that I can muster up for things to improve soon.

Heather, I do the same thing with ranting about some things just to make myself end up laughing. I do hope on your drive you stop often to get out of the car if only for a few minutes. I’m wishing you a pleasant trip. moving-sports-car-smiley-emoticon.gif

Barbie, I’m so glad to hear that Jake is doing well. That first couple of weeks was the worst for me and it was downhill from there. My DD send me a potted Lavender plant from up that way. Does it handle the winders outside? They aren’t that bad here but wondered if I can leave it out.

NYKaren, so nice that your OS is getting the upgrades she needs. You are a gem. ring.gif

Mary, I love your cartoon. And it’s probably true.

Katla, I hope you have a great trip. I’m with you on not enjoying flying. It’s sure not what it used to be.

Allie, so glad DFIL is doing well. I’ll bet all the ladies there are happy you moved him!! wink-and-flirt-smiley-emoticon.gif

Kay, how nice that you kept those old sports bras. Thank goodness. Enjoy your company and take it easy.

Pip, that was way too young. So sorry.

Melanie, I’m glad to hear things have calmed down in your area. Stay safe.

CarolGA, what a cute DGS!

Barbie, glad you had the electrician over and the news was good.

Kim, I used to be the same way about eating out alone. I don’t remember when or why I got over that but for some reason it doesn’t bother me anymore. I know I used to feel like everyone in the restaurant was staring at me. staring-contest-smiley-emoticon.gif That is so sad that your mother would say something like that to you. I do truly hope you didn't let it hurt too much. (((Hug)))

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I got some fresh peaches from a friend recently and they really weren’t what they normally are. I don’t know if it was too much rain or what the problem was. At any rate, rather than let them all go bad, today I made a peach cobbler for DH. I didn’t plan to make one because it’s so hard for me to resist. I did have one spoonful just to make sure it was okay and I’m afraid I’ll have more if he doesn’t eat it all in a hurry. hungry-2.gif I'm finally caught up for the first time in a few days. I hope you always know that I think of you every day and wish only the best for you all. <3

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, blow.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited July 2016
    Kim N California The polenta/tomato tart sounds AMAZING. Add: I just read your last post and I am mad at your mom. https://youtu.be/3H50llsHm3k

Barbie Good news from your electrician! And the photo below is posted in honor of Jake. :)

Mary "Everything I know, I learned from dogs." - Nora Roberts

Allie That's a sweet story about the wedding.

NYKaren Home sweet home! You have done some really important stuff this week.

Carol I love your toothless boy! So darn cute!

Joyce I am angsting a bit over Charlie toughing it through the gallbladder thing. It's lasting a long time.

Pip You are almost to 900 miles! Your late husband was a handsome rascal...I am sorry he died so young. :'(

DJ <3

Becca Alcohol is tough to have as a best friend.

Penny Yeah, your posts are a good read...your story about the indecisive family reminded me of how our family made my friend Jeanette giggle when we were in high school. My family would have these epic, serious, reductionist and sometimes rather tense debates and discussions at dinner. p0233.gif I usually just tuned it out and focused on food. But when Jeanette stayed overnight at my house, she would listen to it for awhile and then start giggling at the absurdity of it, which would disrupt the whole thing and get my dad (not a giggler) started laughing and then he would try to get back to the subject at hand. Unsuccessfully. It often ended up with a bit of hysteria. I loved her for it.

Karen in VIrginia

For Barbie & Jake:

6xxm9v7xrk3y.jpg
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Lenora~ Well, my sister really doesn't have anyone she hangs out with other than her boyfriend, (a married guy that pays her some attention now and then... ) her two daughters, and thats it. She spends a lot of time by herself in the basement, and then she goes out at night to bars to sing her karaoke. I have been out with her and she has a pretty good voice, but after she drinks she thinks she sounds so much better. And she likes to interact with the patrons as she sings, which is kind of embarrassing. What I see are people trying to ignore her, but she see's something totally different. It isn't a matter of helping her get rid of stuff, its a matter of her letting go of stuff. All that history makes her feel cocooned. She has issue after issue of National Geo magazines, which are kind of worthless now that internet has them all online for free. She has whole newspapers of important days, (like when Saint Helen's mountain blew). For me having so much stuff would be so chaotic, and not at all calming.
    Your homes sounded like quite an adventure! EEk! We have never owned a home, and probably never will.
    Becca
    Oregon
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    edited July 2016
    KIM....shame on her. :'(
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    :)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,330 Member
    I couldn't get any sound on the Gilad Body in Motion DVD so I did Amy Dixon Give me 10 instead. Good workout, I like how she gives so many different levels. Some things I can do level 2, others I had to do level 1. Never did I do level 3. The plan for tomorrow is to finish the Windsor Pilates Basic DVD

janetr - yesterday I had 48oz of water and cut the weeds for 3 hours. My way is to do just a little at a time and it'll all get done. Vince has this "thing" about "why pay someone to do something I can do myself"? The problem is that it takes him FOREVER to do some things. Like I've been waiting ONLY 3 years for him to put the quarter round up in my exercise room. I was thinking yesterday as I was cutting the weeds that I've probable saved us thousands and thousands of dollars by doing this all myself, the least I should get is a decent backyard. We have this "thing", I don't know what you call it, but it has these spikes that go in the ground and the grasseed goes into those holes. I really don't want to do the whole backyard with that (we're probably talking about 1000 yards). If we can get someone to level off that dirt mound and use the dirt to level off the backyard, then the dirt will be broken up enough that the grasseed will take. that's my plan. Now, Marcelyn really needs to take care. Between her shoulder and it gets so much hotter down there.

Kim - I many times put veges in my cereal. I also put it in my salad. Vince think I'm going vegetarian. I'm not, I'm just not a big meat eater. I would much prefer to have veges. Perhaps I meant that I wanted to squash to put in my salad. But it wouldn't be unheard of for me to put it in my cereal. Like tomorrow I'm planning to have barley, peas, and cantaloupe for breakfast.

Went and met the guy with the good corn, then went to the farmer's market. No one had beets but I did get 2 cantaloupes, one I'm not crazy about. We'll see how the other one is. Then went to Hamrick's. They had Avia sneakers on sale. The only ladies were ugly so I tried getting as small a size that they had in a men's. At least it doesn't look real manly. I'll wear them tonight. Also got a pair of shoes that are fancy to wear with black. Then home to cook the corn and then cut up the cantaloupe. I'm tending (right now) to lie the Special K protein brown sugar cinnamon cereal. Which reminds me, I need to put that on the shopping list. Update: going to return those black shoes. I just don't like the way the keep slipping off my feet. I even got a smaller size.

Karen in VA - last time Vince was outside every day in the heat was when we were putting down the riverrock. Then he wound up in the hospital in Switzerland, impacted salivary gland. He doesn't drink even half as much as I do. I usually have over 100 oz a day. I really don't want to have him in the hosp again, so I'll do it.

Lenora - I love purple potatoes. Have some that I want to finish up before I get more at the farmer's market.

Becca - so glad you had such a good time with your sister

Joyce - I'm so sorry that Charlie is hurting. Hope you don't wind up in the ER

Penny - this year for Christmas I asked to get gift certificates to Lowes Hardware. Boy, did we burn thru them so fast! That's what I'll be asking for next year, too.

Just made some soda biscuits for Vince. I like to have something in the freezer in case I need it.

Kim (((BIG HUG)))). I don't believe it!

Michele in NC
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    Good evening, Ladies!
    Swim workshop has been awesome so far and resumes in under 12 hours...I have to be on a bus in 10 and a half...good night. <3
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Kim, ((hugs))

Karen in Virginia, that movie, and that pair, reminded me so much of my own childhood. I grew up in Nashville, and we had "help" MWF to do the housework and another TTH for laundry/ ironing. My mom was either in the throes of depression and in bed, or manic and gone, so I was on my own from infancy. Older sibs were at school, but they would get my diaper changed in the morning. Childcare was not part of the job, but I still got more attention and affection from the "help" than I ever did my own mom.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,101 Member
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Miriam You were (are) a resilient little girl (woman). <3
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,746 Member
    Kim .... So sorry your Mom is still so hurtful ...

I had a long post and the ... Poof!! Disappeared! Will try again tomorrow.

Beth near Buffalo still in Nashville
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,503 Member
    /
  • debbierichardson7186
    debbierichardson7186 Posts: 45 Member
    Felt really bad today. Wanted to eat! Anything!!! But I managed to only have an apple. Yeah for me!
    Cleaned out closet and bath for DD. Tomorrow will hang the clothes left lying on the bed. Since she is having a garage sale, I am trying to purge my house of stuff.
    Exercise routine starts Monday.
    Good to see all the pics. Exercise stats are amazing!
    Prayers for all who are in pain.
    DebbieTX