WOMEN ages 50+ FOR JULY 2016

Options

Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Hello all: Busy day working in the yard today. We set a huge pile of branches and other wood we have cleared on fire. Flames at first were about 20 feet high but gradually subsided to a more reasonable level. That huge pile in the middle of our riding arena is almost gone. Yeah! and yes we do have a burn permit from the fire department. Also worked in the paddock trying to get it to drain more efficiently. One corner seems to be perpetually muddy.

Katla - Today is National Love Your Horse Day. Did you love on your lesson horse?

Katie - Glad you found a solution for the pain in the boob.

Joyce - Hope Charlie's saga has a good ending.

Kim - That is so hurtful. Hang in there.

Tomorrow is National Ice Cream Day, not to be used as an excuse unless you can work it into your calories.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Kim

Who the *Kitten* calls anybody a Spinster anymore? Geez. Mom needs a good kick in the pants, Hon. Sorry she was so mean. You are a nicer person than I am if you don't call her out on it.

I have to run, Ladies, but I am thinking of all of you.

I went out and had a splurge today - at nachos at Fuzzy's Taco... but, I saved up the calories and I went to the gym - so it's not the end of the world. Of course, I fear that the weigh in on Monday might not go exceptionally well - but we will see.

Hugs for Everybody!

Re in TX

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Back in the ER. Pain was betting pretty bad. This is a guy that took Tylenol when he had Shingles and he says this pain is a 6. They did an ultrasound and we are wAiting
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Joyce Waiting with you. <3
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Katla: Thank you for having me over for lunch. I so enjoyed the time with you, DH and your fur-baby. Sitting on your deck so close to the river was the highlight of my week in Oregon, and a home made meal while on the road is a supreme treat. I told my DH about seeing my first osprey and his mind immediately went to the air force plane. LOL! My drive to the airport and flight to Colorado were all easy and uneventful. Hope it's the same for you when you head east next week.

Kim: Absolutely cringe-worthy behavior on your mother's part. Bravo to you for taking the high road and acting with such class and self-assurance. You will rock both events, not just with your attire but with your natural radiance.

I had a restful day. Swam, took Mars the cat on two walks, then we crashed on the bed for a 2 hour nap, then simple dinner while watching the baseball game. I caught up on our over 400 posts while the game was on. No trips scheduled yet, but am looking at possibly heading to New York and Panama in August....will see!

Stay well, friends. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

• Sunnygirl_2015
    Sunnygirl_2015 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies. Well I'm still feeling down and struggling to find some type of routine. At least my work trips are all over for a while.

Other than work most of my time has been dr, dentist and eye appt for my children. Tuesday is the last one for DS that just returned from Germany early last week. Hopefully he has no cavities or that will mean another appt.! Fingers crossed I've gotten through the bother of all the new insurance plans and what's covered/not covered for lab work etc. and the going from a regular deductible to high deductible plan since DH new job which meant all new insurances.

Also, college sorting providing answers for various information requests for 2 Universities, shopping, air travel and move in coordination for DS (rising sophomore) and DD ( freshman).

Then there is the everyday chores grocery shopping, laundry, house cleaning, and the one that really gets me- what is for dinner Mom! Reading this I see why I have no energy and no money!

This will pass. DH has been just angry and yelling at me again. It's harder to take when I feel like this though.

<3 Rosie in So Cal that picked the guy perfect for someone else! Ha ha
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Joyce Hope everything's OK.

Rosie in So Cal Being the target of someone's anger & being yelled can be unbearable. (((Hugs)))

Karen Sleep-Deprived in Virginia already planning for a nap later today
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    kim that is just hurtful. But it is also untrue, remind yourself that you have the truth on your side, your beauty is stronger than her remarks and will carry the day and carry you through the events ahead.

Beth can't wait to hear about your Nashville trip. I've never been and would like to hear about what you all did. was there any time for sightseeing or a concert or a meal outside of the college cafeteria?

Rosie the juggling, scheduling and organizing is enough! I absolutely hate that question "what's for dinner?" My MS and her husband just both switched jobs and she was explaining how tough it was to start all over with health insurance, what a headache it was while everything was in transition. (Hugs)
    NYKAREN
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    A couple of weeks ago I posted about a group of volunteers that make knitted squares to send to women in third world countries for use as sanitary napkins. It turns out they do a lot more than that, it's pretty phenomenal. Here is the link for anyone interested.

http://fromtheheartstitchers.org/index.htm

Karen in Virginia
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options
    :)Katla, I am so envious of your visit with Rori...when she was up here on business, it was the day I drove Jake home from the hospital.

:)DJ, The temperatures here get below freezing often during the winter and the lavender handles it just fine

:)Kim, it sounds like your mom is just dissatisfied with her life in general and doesn't miss an opportunity to complain about whatever is in front of her at the time. I have two friends who call me a lot. One lives in an oceanfront home in Hawaii and has beautiful clothes and possessions and flies frequently to the mainland---she always has something to complain about. The other lives on a social security check and trading services with friends and she talks about how great her life is and how grateful and fortunate she is.

:)Karen, thanks for the photo...I'll show it to Jake when he gets up

<3 Barbie
  • KetoneKaren
    Options

Miriam This is interesting. I attend a women's conference every year and one of the frequent lecturers stresses that "48 oz is enough, and that includes water in food and other drinks". Unless we exercise a lot, in which case we need more, but not the amounts I see some people advocating. Thanks for posting this link!

Were you and @drkatiebug the two who asked about the volunteer knitting projects link? Or was it Michele? I just can't remember now.

Karen in Virginia
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :*
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,

WARNING – a vent/rant

Her response is classic – “It doesn’t matter what you wear, you’re fat, ugly and a spinster” That hurts! I said well I have to go – see you tomorrow.

I wanted to strangle her…. I’ll put on my big girl panties and be charming tomorrow, but grrr

Kim from N. California

I'll help you bury the body if you help me !!!! Sometimes I think our mother's think because they are old they can get away with saying whatever they want. I used to tell my mom how disrespectful she was, but not anymore...it just goes right over her head!!!

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,056 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Kim ((((Hugs))). I tell students when someone says something like your mother. You know this is not true! It is also good to tell the person I don't like you said that to me in a calm voice. Will they change probably not. Just do not give her your power.

I know how painful it is when the person you love betrays you for their benefit. It works for them but it certainly does not work for you. (((Hugs))). Prayers for you and your mom.

Love the sounds of your outfit. Wear it proudly.

:heart: Margaret
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Pip: STP is this weekend and the route goes through our town. We should be seeing riders today. Have you and Kirby ever done this ride? :huh: For those who don't know, STP is a two day bike race from Seattle to Portland. :flowerforyou:

Kim: Your mom has a mean streak. Has she always been like this? You don't deserve it. :noway:

Sue in WA: I always love on my lesson horse. :heart: Yesterday I laughed at him. I kept riding in the arena after my lesson ended and my teacher took her next student outside. Poor Tucker didn't want to be left behind and he whinnied and whinnied for his mama. He did continue to do what I asked of him along with the whinnying. When we go outside and the other student stays in the arena with my teacher, he is good as gold. She gave him "what for" when she got back. :laugh:

Joyce: I'm thinking about you and Charlie. :heart:

Miriam: Thanks for the link on how much water to drink and stay healthy. :flowerforyou:

Barbie: I'm so glad that Rori got to come for a visit. Perhaps there will be another opportunity for you to meet her in the future. She's a delight. I'm still hoping to be up in your area one of these days but I don't know when. We haven't been to the Port Angeles area since our brief visit last summer. We expected to go back up to collect the inflatable dinghy and bring it home at the end of the kid's sailing adventure last summer, but someone else did that. :ohwell:

We will be travelling to visit our DS & DDIL later this week. We have reservations for the dog with the vet & reservations with a hotel near the airport for our car storage and a partial overnight. We are NOT frequent flyers. I would much prefer to drive whenever possible, but driving all the way across the country would be more than DH could handle and far more expensive than airfare. If I had a magic wand, I'd use it to cure his MS & diabetes. Since I don't have a magic wand we'll continue to do the best we can.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    thanks for the support all! had a 1/2 glass of wine with dinner, stayed within my calories! Dawned on me that I have a beautiful designer outfit that fits again :):) that my mom HATES it is a bit "hippy" a swing jacket and batik fabric, I'm wearing it either tomorrow or to Kyle's event, depending on weather - LOL....

Good for you. If it makes you feel good to wear it that's all that matters. Don't let what others say dull your shine. Shine on lady.

Anne from Wisconsin