WOMEN ages 50+ FOR JULY 2016

Replies

• miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Katiebug, my mom gave me a pair of hand-me-down pants, "I hope you can fit in to them. I had them before I lost weight. They are HUGE!!!" She had a tiny bone structure and no muscles at all and could not accept that I inherited my dad's bone structure and muscles. These were a size 16 pant.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Heather ~ Bea is wonderful. Love that head of hair and her smile.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Sitting in my usual chair in the hospital. A HIDA scan has been ordered. It s a nuclear scan of the gall bladder. According to what it shows, they might put a tube in the gall bladder and drain it. I am ready for him to stay at home and stop coming here. It the cake was good, Trinity enjoyed all of her clothes, Michelle is there mowing the lawn and SIL and grand kids are going to empty dishwasher and reload it. Sloppy joes with ground turkey was very good.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    So sorry for the continued killing of police officers in Baton Rouge, LA and other places. We need to keep the police officers who are out there to ''protect and serve" AND their families in our prayers; such a sad, sad situation that seems to be occurring too many times and places. Praying for all of them. In GA, a Valdosta policeman was sent to answer a 9-1-1 call and was shot. I haven't heard any more than that. It was a set-up; the man wanted to 'die by suicide by cop'. These senseless killings affect an entire city (small or large)
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    :'(<3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,040 Member
    Heather thank you for the pick me up. Darling!!!!!!
  • Sunnygirl_2015
    Sunnygirl_2015 Posts: 184 Member
    edited July 2016

Just love her huge smile :smiley:

<3 Rosie
    Just to cheer us all up. A happy Bea in her new home.

j2rqfkz8u0j9.jpg

Love Heather

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,499 Member
    stat for the day:
    spin- 90.31min, 96ar, 48aw, 5-8g, 108ahr, 140mhr, 18mi = 559cal
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,101 Member
    Heather- Thanks for sharing the beautiful picture of Bea! She certainly does make me smile!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    :)
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited July 2016
    Heather Bea is so sweet. What a terrific picture. They grow so fast at this age. Had to show Jack how cute her smile is.

Janetr okc

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Just to cheer us all up. A happy Bea in her new home.

j2rqfkz8u0j9.jpg

Love Heather

Thanks for sharing. This really put a smile on my face! :bigsmile:
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Pip: Have you done RAGBRA? I know it's in Iowa but it's such a well known race. Down here in TX we have the MS 150 for raising money for MS research. They say the first 125 miles are not so bad but the last 25 is all hills going into Austin and a killer at the end of two days.

About moms. I do understand about feelings being hurt etc. I understand not everyone has or had a great mom. I'd give anything to just hear my mom's voice, positive or negative. That just won't happen. She's been gone 35 years. I raised my kids without a mom, went through all the major events of life without a mom. I thinkmy reality colors my view of complaints about moms. On the other end of it I try to always temper my words with my children. Unfortunately as I grow older my ability to "just not care," and say the wrong thing without realizing it grows along with my age. Lord help us all when I'm in my 80s.

Marcelyn in Houston
    Starting in the Birthday season for our family. My two months to go broke.
    (birthdays: Today (July 17), July 21, July 23, July 31, Aug. 5, Aug 12, Aug 13, Aug 21, Sept 6, Sept 13)
  • pipcd34
    edited July 2016
    no i have not done RAGRA. the marathon run we do is the only one we fly out and do. the MS ride is done all over the US. for us, the 1st 22 mi are flat, the rest all hills like the Washington landscape
  • astbauhan
    astbauhan Posts: 5 Member
    I am looking for a weight loss buddy for weekly weigh ins and accountability. I am 50 and need to lose 35 pounds.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,810 Member
    Hello ladies: Hope you are all having a great weekend. DD and I were going to do just a little yardwork today but ended up hauling logs to our compost bins, trimming trees and spraying weeds. Then we went to get ice cream. At least I worked off the calories first.

Cheri - That is an awesome afghan!

Katla - Traveling mercies for your upcoming trip.

Joyce - Prayers for Charlie going up and sending healing angels.

Heather - What a cutie! She makes you feel joy just looking at her picture.

Take care all, Sue in WA
  • pipcd34
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    The house is quiet! The kids have never been to a drive in movie so that's what they are doing tonight. When they get home I will be sound asleep and am sleeping in as long as I want tomorrow morning. I have got to do something to get me feeling better.

• trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Heather,Bea is the happiest little girl. How lucky you are!

Joyce,know it's hard having your guy in the hospital.Hopefully
    they will get him to feeling better.
    v90mh75o4ieq.jpeg

These are a small patch of lilies. Pat