Have you ever tried clean eating?

Options
Mandygring
Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
I'm curious if anyone has tried clean eating and saw results. I have been doing it for a while now and feel so much better.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Define clean eating please.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    How exactly are you defining clean eating? I consider my diet to be mostly clean, but not sure if it would fit what you're referring to.
  • MichaelaSheppard
    MichaelaSheppard Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Joe Wicks is the cleanest i've done
  • danibabii11
    danibabii11 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Rhe mlst processed foods i eat is my pretzles and my yogurt. Everything else is produce or from the meat department in the store. And its amazing the results and the feeling.:)
  • Mandygring
    Options
    You sound like me :) I try to stay in those departments too but I am a chips and salsa nut lol
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    What's your version of clean? Seems lile.everyone has a different version...kosher, halal, vegan.....
  • Mandygring
    Options
    It can be but I cheat sometimes! Shhhh lol
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Mandygring wrote: »
    unprocessed, whole foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean meats, and no artificial ingredients, preservatives, sugars, saturated fat, and trans fat.
    Yes, no dairy, fruit, sugar or grains. I ate 1lb of veggies, "clean" meats, "good" fats, low carb. I'll do it for a period of time as a metabolic reset. But it's not a constant lifestyle. I did that for 3 months and lost 30lbs. I didn't even cheat once, nor did I want to. I felt completely satiated!

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    unprocessed, whole foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean meats, and no artificial ingredients, preservatives, sugars, saturated fat, and trans fat.

So my lunch of stir-fried vegetables in olive oil with chicken and black beans would earn me a "clean" designation, but the frozen yogurt bar I just had wouldn't. OK. In your usage, or rather in the usage of the community which influenced you to claim this status, is "clean" a moral judgement?
  • bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

So my lunch of stir-fried vegetables in olive oil with chicken and black beans would earn me a "clean" designation, but the frozen yogurt bar I just had wouldn't. OK. In your usage, or rather in the usage of the community which influenced you to claim this status, is "clean" a moral judgement?

Olive oil is heavily processed (fiber and nutrients removed and pure fat extracted), and I don't think any informed RD would recommend it as a staple in a diet focused around health.