Have you ever tried clean eating?

Options

Replies

• johnnyb620
    johnnyb620 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If it fits your macros approach. Calories and energy balance has been most effective for me. If clean eating means eating broccoli and chicken every time then count me out. I like my curry chicken and fried rice.
  • lilligraz22
    lilligraz22 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Totally clean. No processed stuff. Like they say, when you read the ingredients. "If you can't read it, don't eat it".
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,979 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Totally clean. No processed stuff. Like they say, when you read the ingredients. "If you can't read it, don't eat it".

I think they should change the saying to "If you can't read it then maybe they should have held you back until you learned."

Seriously, not being able to read ingredients has nothing to do with how "healthy" or "clean" a food is.

Absolutely. Many of us have enough education to be able to read the labels ... like, for example, all those "dangerous" ingredients on the red container above!!! :grin:

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    I would stay far far away from this then. It looks to be particularly dangerous. :s

100_2424.JPG

Baking soda in a can?
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Yes. But I define it as not eating anything I couldn't replicate at home. So I could make my own butter, but never margarine etc. People argue a lot about definitions on here but it's just semantics. The same as one person's 'healthy' eating could be completely different from someone else's.
  • Machka9
    Options
    I would stay far far away from this then. It looks to be particularly dangerous. :s

100_2424.JPG

Baking soda in a can?

Close ... but not quite ...

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    rsleighty wrote: »
    I eat lots of fresh, one ingredient things. Cook from scratch as much as is practical . Whole grains as much as possible. But "clean" no. I enjoy an occasional diet soda, icecream when it fits into my calorie/saturated fat goals, chocolate, etc. Life should be lived, not endured. And, while I agree with the concept, I detest the term "clean eating ".

I'm always curious about statements like the bolded. They seem to be in opposition to each other, as I can't think of a single thing that I cook that only has one ingredient. Even roasted veggies, I add olive oil, salt, pepper and other seasonings. Most things that I cook have lots of ingredients, and though I don't consider myself a clean eater, I can't imagine a life without soups, stews, sauces, etc... Or how eliminating them based on the fact that they have multiple components makes me healthier...

What one ingredient things do you eat, other than maybe fruit?
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    Lol I eat whatever
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

100_2424.JPG

Ahh the evil baking soda... Used in rock quarries and grandmas chocolate chip cookies as well as that addictive KFC...
  • Machka9
    Options
    Tam9271 wrote: »
    If I can't pronounce it on the label, then I don't eat it. Mainly stay to outside perimeter of the store now. I have however been known to breakdown and have a spaghetti and homemade meatballs

>_> Pasta...weakness is strong with this one it is.

I always find that such a weird thing to say. So... the greater the level of education, the more variety you can eat? People who have studied chemistry can eat far more things than someone who studied, say, arts? Does it mean you can't eat foreign food?

Yes, I wondered about foreign food. I have a bit of trouble getting the pronunciation of the Indian and Thai food I like just right. It would make me very sad if I couldn't eat that food until I learned to pronounce everything correctly.