Lessons I’ve learned on MFP (Chit Chat/Fun & Games):

Options

Replies

• Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    No one reads the stickies. Many people come in wanting to be spoonfed and thinking that the existing community owes them a service.
  • PintsizedPunky
    PintsizedPunky Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    - Beware of who you exchange naughty messages with. People will screenshot your message and put you on blast. TRUST NO ONE!
    - Not everyone recognizes your sarcasm or sense of humor. They will hate you and possibly wish diarrhea upon you.
    - Don’t get butthurt if your thread doesn’t make it far. Just go fish for compliments in one of the "person above you" threads.

What have you learned ladies and gents?

Or... I dunno..DON'T exchange naughty messages with people you don't really know? But, hey...maybe I'm just crazy...
  • jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Options
    xbowhunter wrote: »
    Well I'm the exception I guess. Not looking for romance & have been Married for 27 years & been with my wife since we were 15 years young. I would be a complete idiot to ruin what we have together... :)

MFP help me to hit my goal & I found some good fitness tips along the way... win win

That's awesome to hear that there are still good guys out there that think that way!
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Some people use this site as their only source of entertainment and frankly it's kind of sad. I've noticed the same people posting over and over and I just can't help but wonder if they have nothing else to do. Sure the forums are fun, but when you've only been here for a few short weeks or months and you have posted 20k times, it may be time to step away.

There are serious cliques here. People get within their little circles and unleash at times. It's slightly concerning that adults behave this way.

<3
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Be careful what you share-people WILL stalk you. Some people actually do come here looking for romance-hey it doesn't work for me but to each his own I guess.
    If you have a thick skin and no expectations, this can be a really fun place, just don't be surprised if your online BFF suddenly disappears. Don't get attached and you'll be fine :D

There are some genuinely amazing, funny, cool
    people here but much like in real life you have to weed through the bs to get to the good ones.

P.S. I still don't kik...or flirt with married men. Kthanksbye.

I'm not married yet, she's just my fiance....how you doin!?
  • Mike_take2
    Mike_take2 Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    That this post is bringing me down...and there's at least 347 things to do with peanut butter and/or yogurt
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Karb_Kween wrote: »
    There's a lot of straight men

I know of a few not straight guys who are AMAZING!!! ;)
  • Lone_wolf46
    Lone_wolf46 Posts: 2,711 Member
    Options
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    this place is full to the brim of folks needing validation and attention

THIS!
  • Lone_wolf46
    Lone_wolf46 Posts: 2,711 Member
    Options
    I met my wife here. She was in Florida, I am in California. We just got married about a month ago in California. So, it can happen. This place is awesome!

That is awesome Jerry. Congratulations!!

• jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,279 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    So much truth in this thread :joy::joy::joy:

Basically this:

And this:
    People get within their little circles and unleash at times. It's slightly concerning that adults behave this way.

And everything @jenjencin78 says bc I think she is my spirit animal :joy:

(Also, shhhhh! ....I'm not here right now)
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    You nailed it so hard that in 9 months it's going to file a paternity suit against you.

:lol: I hope I get invited to be a guest on the Maury Show.