Lessons I’ve learned on MFP (Chit Chat/Fun & Games):

Options

Replies

• jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Options
    Kasner1975 wrote: »
    I've learned that it's best not to expect anyone to be genuine. No matter how much you'd like them to be.

This is true too! So many wise people here!
  • SR_403
    SR_403 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just discovered this online community this week even though I've been using the MFP app to track my food intake and progress for a few months. I've been wondering about some of the post topics and all the "add me" requests and whether any of it really makes a difference in our individual health goals. This thread has been really eye-opening and funny so thanks for that. B)
  • striderb
    striderb Posts: 5,845 Member
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    I learned not to skip over people because it's quite rude to treat folks as if they're invisible.

What J said. Back to the uncrushable thread.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    GymRatSF wrote: »
    I've learned that the best way to avoid MFP douchebaggory is to not accept friend requests from shirtless/headless torso's.

@AskTracyAnnK28
    I'm so confused. She mentions me in the crush thread and calls me a *kitten* here. And women wonder why we can't figure them out. :D

@GymRatSF - I know you have a head - I've seen it! lolololol
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    this place is full to the brim of folks needing validation and attention
    You nailed it so hard that in 9 months it's going to file a paternity suit against you.

:lol: I hope I get invited to be a guest on the Maury Show.

But what happens when he says "you are NOT the father" than we all look at the female in shame since she don't know who the baby daddy is.
  • Beav73
    Beav73 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Let's see..I meet some really cool peeps on mfp and some weird...I believe in fun with respect on here....
  • striderb
    striderb Posts: 5,845 Member
    Options
    lulufit5 wrote: »
    MFP has taught me that lots of people like to judge others...usually in a non favorable way. Which is interesting for a site that is supposed to be about support. I find it fascinating how random people are experts on how strangers "should" be.....such as how much time they should spend online, how much time is appropriate to post in certain forums, the correct way they should use their newfound confidence to seek attention from others, who should be allowed to flirt and who shouldn't, when they are considered pathetic and when they aren't.... when they are considered popular and when they are considered washed up losers, how many friends people should have on their friends list, and oddly enough the fear and or hatred some have for cleavage, etc.

On the positive side I've learned some good health tips and fitness information from MFP, I've met some wonderful people who I truly do consider my friends. I have a varied friends list who amongst them have a ton of information and life experiences. I use the forums for information and entertainment and really do enjoy this site.

So sad that this friend has left. Why is it anyone else's business how much time they spend on MFP or what forums they frequent or if they show some cleavage in some of their photos. Shame that some on here drive others away.
  • musclegood_fatbad
    musclegood_fatbad Posts: 9,809 Member
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    I've learned to bite my tongue and STFU as to not offend folks because some people are overly sensitive and I'm overly sarcastic. Well maybe I haven't learned how to completely STFU but I give it my best effort...so there.

Hey, way too much talky still ;)
  • jenjencin78
    Options
    I've learned that the best way to avoid MFP douchebaggory is to not accept friend requests from shirtless/headless torso's.

Sadly the douchebaggory is not limited to shirtless/headless torso's. Some people keep it well hidden behind the sweetest smiles. So the saying is true...don't judge a book by its cover.

Amen to that!
  • jenjencin78
    Options
    People will try to drag you into their drama. Sometimes no matter how much you try to avoid it, you get unwittingly sucked in and before you know it, it's a shitstorm. Probably the most valuable lesson I've learned is to trust my instincts when it comes to people.
  • musclegood_fatbad
    Options
    I've learned I am really really good looking, just like everyone else.
  • jenjencin78
    Options

But you really are ;)
  • musclegood_fatbad
    Options

But you really are ;)

Yep...you too ;)