Lessons I’ve learned on MFP (Chit Chat/Fun & Games):

Options

Replies

• jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Options
    No matter how much people complain about the forums and others here....they are still here themselves lol..

Double standards everywhere!!!

I think the forums can be a great source of fun and a good outlet. I think when people go into it expecting love or something along those lines, they're setting themselves up for disappointment. I've met some great people through the forums and been given encouragement and support when I didn't even realize I needed it. I just think people need to manage their expectations and take it for what it is. Expectation is the root of all disappointment in life.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    No matter how much people complain about the forums and others here....they are still here themselves lol..

I think the forums can be a great source of fun and a good outlet. I think when people go into it expecting love or something along those lines, they're setting themselves up for disappointment. I've met some great people through the forums and been given encouragement and support when I didn't even realize I needed it. I just think people need to manage their expectations and take it for what it is. Expectation is the root of all disappointment in life.

Absolutely jen
  • Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,768 Member
    Options

I came here for love.
  • sw33tp3a_11
    sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Never use the forums after 12 am. My goodness all the random, weird messaging. I never get those during the day lol
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    Some people use this site as their only source of entertainment and frankly it's kind of sad. I've noticed the same people posting over and over and I just can't help but wonder if they have nothing else to do. Sure the forums are fun, but when you've only been here for a few short weeks or months and you have posted 20k times, it may be time to step away.

AMEN, say it again Sister. God, that couldn't be more true.............it is sad.

• jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Options
    @J_Surita3 I just lol at this while on a conference call!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    As far as the "Chit Chat Fun & Games" Forums go I'm just here to laugh my Azz off which I do often! :lol: I'm an insomniac and it keeps me entertained through my many Sleepless nights! The flirting on here is just fun and anyone who takes it too serious needs to step back and remember that this is the internet and some (Not All) people are not as they represent themselves to be!

As far as the site itself, For these past three years has helped me tremendously in keeping track and taking responsibility for my exercise and food habits.

As far as The Friends lists, BONUS!!! I have met so many awesome people that I am so proud to call my friends! They are supportive and definitely lift me up and are an inspiration! <3

I'm not ashamed to say that I am addicted to this site, but its better than some other addictions that I can think of! :grimace:

you have a lot of posts.
  • sw33tp3a_11
    sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    I've learned how to post gifs.

kIkbg3V.gif

Yes!!! This too. It took a whole army to teach me but I finally figured it out lol
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    As far as the "Chit Chat Fun & Games" Forums go I'm just here to laugh my Azz off which I do often! :lol: I'm an insomniac and it keeps me entertained through my many Sleepless nights! The flirting on here is just fun and anyone who takes it too serious needs to step back and remember that this is the internet and some (Not All) people are not as they represent themselves to be!

As far as the site itself, For these past three years has helped me tremendously in keeping track and taking responsibility for my exercise and food habits.

As far as The Friends lists, BONUS!!! I have met so many awesome people that I am so proud to call my friends! They are supportive and definitely lift me up and are an inspiration! <3

I'm not ashamed to say that I am addicted to this site, but its better than some other addictions that I can think of! :grimace:

you have a lot of posts.

And????????
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    i learned to always do a search of the forums before starting a new thread. as it turns out i may not be the first person to ever hit a plateau, have TOM bloating or wonder what the best activity tracker is. i've also gained kind of a sixth sense about which threads are going to go nuclear. and, of course, gifs.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    xbowhunter wrote: »
    Well I'm the exception I guess. Not looking for romance & have been Married for 27 years & been with my wife since we were 15 years young. I would be a complete idiot to ruin what we have together... :)

MFP help me to hit my goal & I found some good fitness tips along the way... win win

You're both very lucky, good for you!