Lessons I’ve learned on MFP (Chit Chat/Fun & Games):

Options

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    I've learned to bite my tongue and STFU as to not offend folks because some people are overly sensitive and I'm overly sarcastic. Well maybe I haven't learned how to completely STFU but I give it my best effort...so there.

Don't stop. I'll give you wine if you promise to never learn to STFU
  • GymRatSF
    GymRatSF Posts: 8,903 Member
    Options
    I've learned I am really really good looking, just like everyone else.

It's like in real life we are all 4's or 5's but on here we are all 10's. lol
  • musclegood_fatbad
    musclegood_fatbad Posts: 9,809 Member
    Options
    GymRatSF wrote: »

10/10, Would bang.....just sec, what.
  • jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Options

10/10, Would bang.....just sec, what.

Ha! *smirk*
  • synchkat
    Options

whoa....slow down there...this isn't real life? We're not all 10s or stunning or stunningly beautiful with "those eyes"? Awww man...I better go get validated on Facebook it's real right?
  • GymRatSF
    GymRatSF Posts: 8,903 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

whoa....slow down there...this isn't real life? We're not all 10s or stunning or stunningly beautiful with "those eyes"? Awww man...I better go get validated on Facebook it's real right?

Well you are a 10. There is always an exception to the rule.
  • synchkat
    Options

Well you are a 10. There is always an exception to the rule.

haha nice try
  • musclegood_fatbad
    musclegood_fatbad Posts: 9,809 Member
    Options

You are from Canada, that is how people actually act up there.
  • synchkat
    Options

Canadians are nice...everyone is a 10 here because you don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. If they're not really a 10 you just get a two four of Molson's and pretty soon they will be a 10
  • jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Options

Canadians are nice...everyone is a 10 here because you don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. If they're not really a 10 you just get a two four of Molson's and pretty soon they will be a 10

Hahaha Molson goggles ftw!
  • 300cmv
    300cmv Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Going back to the title"Lessons Learned"
    This is additive...started yesterday reading and every break at work can't wait to see what's new!
  • Lovely0770
    Lovely0770 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    jenmar22 wrote: »
    Lovely0770 wrote: »
    I've learned that if you don't private message a lot, talk dirty or share photos privately.... you're likely not going to get a ton of support.

That's not true at all. I don't do any of that, and I feel VERY supported. Try adding more female friends or just being more selective about who you add :) Especially if you post a non-sexual progress pic, you'll see support flood in!

But you're totally right about those kind of interactions not being okay in real life :joy: So if someone is willing to talk dirty with you 5 min after you meet them on here, sorry, but there's definitely a catch to it :joy:

Lovely0770 wrote: »
    Another thing... no one actually really cares about the "poster above" people respond, they compliment but they really care about the "poster below". People here only get complimented so the person giving the compliment gets a compliment. The threads should be called "what does the poster below think about you". Lol

And I also don't jive with this one :smile: I HONESTLY could not care less about what internet strangers think about me. I like to make jokes with strangers, and the "person above you" threads are sometimes a good place to do that. I'll comment to "the person above" when I see an opportunity to say something interesting or funny. I couldn't care less what the next person thinks about me/my comment. A lot of people are here for validation. But some of us really are just here for entertainment....

But that is you. I'm talking about a lot of MFP not all of MFP. Thats another lesson. Everything that is said or experienced, is not always going to pertain to each and every member. But having been on MFP for a few years now.... I've learned that there are those exactly as I described and there are those that actually are here to support and make their fitness goals happen. It's why the threads will have the same people commenting non stop and in 6 months, there will be a whole new group of people that you see frequent the threads more than others.
  • Lovely0770
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I've been on this account for over a year and have less than 50 friends on my list most of them are the same people from my original account from 2 years ago. I have less than 400 posts in over a year.... needless to say, I'm not as active on mfp as others are but when I am... most of the support has come from 3 members all of which are men. None of which have ever seen me naked or ever will nor has ever received suggestive photos, hell.... I dont think a prigate message has ever been shared.

So there is a thing as genuine support on here.... I have been lucky not to receive creeper messages but I have a lot of friends who have and I know because they will talk about it. Which is yet again another lesson.... don't send a message you don't want discussed with the person's entire friends list lol because we will hear about it lol and the kik messages of people sharing photos of others? That's Def true.

About 2 years ago I was chatting with a group of friends on kik and 2 of those people were sharing photos amongst the two of them but on a group chat where myself and another lady could see them. We asked them not to share photos and they continued anyways. They really didn't care who they were harming. Not everyone on MFP has other's best interest in mind. It's a reality not an insult.
  • mdonsbach
    mdonsbach Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've learned from reading this thread that I am way too naive to be here apparently.
  • Lovely0770
    Options
    mdonsbach wrote: »
    I've learned from reading this thread that I am way too naive to be here apparently.

Haha I think everyone tends to see only good in people until those people show otherwise.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I've learned I have more pet peeves than I originally thought I had.