Do you guys drink diet sodas?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• luceegj
    luceegj Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Nope I dont think they are worth it really!
  • luceegj
    Options
    If it fits in your calories and macros for the day, drink it.

bam.

A Maccy Ds could fit doesnt mean its any good!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

bam.

Isn't fitting you calories and macros the definition of 'good', so far as food/drink is good or bad?
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options

bam.

No it doesn't, but you'll still hit your goals.

I drink Coke Zero a lot.
  • KayRisTee
    KayRisTee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I don't drink it just because I can't stand the taste of artificial sweeteners. Nothing against them other than that.

No Diet Dr. Pepper you do NOT taste like regular Dr. Pepper.

So I just stick with good old water, maybe some Mio if I want something flavorful
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I dont drink any soda, coridal and very little fruit juice period or haven't for coming on 5 months.
    Diet Soda is not what it sais anyway, they generally contain sugar substitues that are just as harmfull not to mention the idea that they are diet so people will drink more or them.

Diet stuff in general is all marketing bull****, atleast the big name stuff like Weight Watchers, Lean Cuisine sure if you kept an eye on it and kept within macro goals it wouldn't be so bad but i wonder how many would really do that and not just see the word Diet, Low Fat or Low Carbs and just go nuts on them because of it
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I don't drink it just because I can't stand the taste of artificial sweeteners. Nothing against them other than that.

No Diet Dr. Pepper you do NOT taste like regular Dr. Pepper.

So I just stick with good old water, maybe some Mio if I want something flavorful

Thats the rational side of it, the taste is awfull, taking away the fats or sugars takes away the taste.

tho Spendor which is calorie/macro free and is apparently an unharmfull sweetner tastes like sugar cause it's made from sugar albeit much sweeter so you only need half as much.
  • luceegj
    Options

bam.

I drink Coke Zero a lot.

Maccy Ds (Full of fats and added crap) or clean food! Both fit but pretty sure Clean is better!
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Yes I drink diet soda. No I don't make a habit of it.

If I'm not having slimline tonic or soda with alcohol, I'll have a vodka and diet coke. If I go to the cinema, I'll have a coke zero.

I try to drink water as my first option, but sod it, sometimes you just want a soda, so have one. The ill health affects are like anything, it's if you have an excessive amount.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

bam.

I drink Coke Zero a lot.

Maccy Ds (Full of fats and added crap) or clean food! Both fit but pretty sure Clean is better!

Whoa whoa. I always make sure my food is clean before I eat it, even my McDonalds, thank you very much. What kind of heathen eats dirty food anyway?
  • jjay23
    jjay23 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Yes I drink diet soda. No I don't make a habit of it.

If I'm not having slimline tonic or soda with alcohol, I'll have a vodka and diet coke. If I go to the cinema, I'll have a coke zero.

I try to drink water as my first option, but sod it, sometimes you just want a soda, so have one. The ill health affects are like anything, it's if you have an excessive amount.

this, if it fits in eat it! should we eat clean yes do we um no! i like a bit of waht i like as long as I am not drinking litres then its a ok, everything I want in moderation
  • luceegj
    Options

bam.

I drink Coke Zero a lot.

Whoa whoa. I always make sure my food is clean before I eat it, even my McDonalds, thank you very much. What kind of heathen eats dirty food anyway?

My god! Ok then "Clean food!"

http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/fitness/the-clean-eating-diet-whats-it-all-about.html
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

this, if it fits in eat it! should we eat clean yes do we um no! i like a bit of waht i like as long as I am not drinking litres then its a ok, everything I want in moderation
    [/quote]

Obviously, I agree with this.
  • FITIsTheNewPINK
    Options
    Personally I find that sodas make me feel bloated, but I still indulge from time to time. I replaced them with unsweet tea, crystal light and copious amounts of water when I "quit" them, though.
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    drop_it_like_a_squat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    All. The. Time.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Maybe once or twice a month. I do consume caffeine every day, but in the form of black coffee and sometimes black tea.
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    I have been, but i'm pretty sure its what has been bringing on my cravings, so I'm going to wipe it out.
  • poseyj88
    poseyj88 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I say everything in moderation. I'm not a huge soda drinker anyway, but I have about 1 diet soda per week and it quenches some of my sugary cravings.
  • howthelightgetsin
    Options
    I avoid them as much as I can due to the aspartame and it's risks. When I do have a coke or ginger beer it's not the diet one and I'll stick to one at a time. Normally only once or twice a week. I'm a water girl most of the day with a sugar squash now and then(don't do sugar free due to the aspartame again)