Do you guys drink diet sodas?

Options

Replies

• prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    is no one else here worried about the amount of caffeine in diet sodas? in most cases there is more than in a regular soda. Not to mention if you are already a coffee/tea drinker.
    i reckon you're better off enjoying a regular soda in moderation or sparkling water (with a slice of lemon or orange) if its the fizz that you miss

No, no one. And don't presume to know what I miss. I love Diet Dr. Pepper.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    Ya im gonna check that zevia out
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    yep
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I do drink it at work. I don't actually buy it anymore...I stick to water or tea (or coffee). But at work, its free, and having that to drink instead of water makes it more likely that I will drink enough.
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    No. I do not like the taste.
  • MommaWheezy
    MommaWheezy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I drink 16 oz of regular fountain Pepsi daily. Refuse to give it up and just can't embrace diet soda. I've lost 10 lbs and only lose 1/2 a lb a week but I'm ok with that. (Previously drank 44 oz a day.)
  • math1201
    math1201 Posts: 10
    Options
    Sometimes, like twice a month.
  • JoJo61612
    JoJo61612 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I will, but only rarely. It gives me a stomach ache if I drink too much. I pretty much only drink water.
  • dorthymcconnel
    dorthymcconnel Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    No. I rarely drink any soda at all. *Never* the diet stuff. Ever.
  • ptw330
    ptw330 Posts: 14
    Options
    I seem to have a hard time parting ways with diet coke. Do you guys indulge in diet sodas? And if you do, how often?

I keep telling myself the diet coke is not adding any extra calories to my diet but I have heard that artificial sweeteners tend to pack on the pounds all the same.

What's your take on it?

Hi I dont drink any soft drinks at all, i drink Natural Mineral Water. i f i feel like a fizzy now i drink Waterfords Natural Mineral Water diet Blood orange for 500mls 12 calories.

35413545.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • brianalynnx
    brianalynnx Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I used to but after much research I have switched to Pepsi One. It is still tech. a "diet" drink but it is sweetened with splenda instead of aspartame and is supposed to be better for you in that regard (I believe diet rite is also made with splenda instead). I was less worried about the weight effects of diet drinks however, and more concerned about all the scary side effects you read on the artificial sweeteners :(
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I'm constantly drinking diet soda. I work at a fast food place, and we have one of those epic touch screen machines. It hasn't impacted my weight at all. However, I DO notice that now I am accustomed to drinking sweet beverages. Water isn't good enough anymore. So I keep packets of crystal lite around and will go for 100% fruit juice if I have enough cals.
  • celestelovesmoney
    Options
    I do not like diet sodas at all. I have had them times before, but can never acquire a taste for them, I find them disgusting and to be honest pointless. If I cannot enjoy a soda and get the fulfillment out of it, I may as well not drink any soda at all! And that's how I feel about diet sodas. I don't do it, I just drink water instead.

However, I do yearn so bad for a regular soda every now and then (like every 2 to 3 days, which I'm trying to break). Even then, when I have to cheat a bit, I will only drink 8 fluid ounces of the soda of my choice and have one that day. After that, it goes back to water. If I drink sodas, it only makes me more thirsty and want more of whatever it is that keeps me coming back for more.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Like water
  • be_patient
    be_patient Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    no, it causes cellulite. carbonated drinks do that...
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options

Not sure if srs
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

stewieHeadTilt.gif
  • Evilmuffin666
    Evilmuffin666 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I dont drink either. Regular or Diet.
  • BeTheFire
    BeTheFire Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    If it fits in your calories and macros for the day, drink it.

bam.