Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,350 Member
    Options
    At work, saw the magic # on the scale this morning, so that is encouraging.

Lana - hope you are doing well today.

Using the "magic shield spray" at work to keep drama at arms length.....
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Yay, Sarah!!!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Glad day is over, brain is melting.

Soup is on stove. Knitting planned for tonight,got Netflix movie, but not sure I can focus that long.

Gem -That dress is gorgeous and a good starting point.

Crawling to lounge chair after my yummy high carb dinner to commiserate with Lana.

Wishing all a great evening.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,890 Member
    Options

Hi Ladies~~

All is done for the day. I'm back home, well fed, and now it's time to lay down and watch more of that series on Netflix, The Fall. I can't believe that there is a series that is taking at least 3 seasons to try to bring one serial killer to justice.

I watched the Blacklist back when it was first out, but I don't know where I left off!

Sleep well everybody. Tomorrow is Friday!

Oh - Sara - congrats on seeing That Number!

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Missy - I forgot to say that that is a very pretty dress! Glad that you posted it. I love looking at photos here--it connects us.
    I am grateful to My Fitness Pal that they allow us to post our photos. Weight Watchers did not allow that, back when they had real message boards. Don't miss them at all.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY :D

Good morning.

Green yarn on list of things to get this weekend, Christmas items are not the same in other colors.....like a blue tree?

Soup was a great success but not sure I want to have it next week as well. So maybe just the vegetables.

Lana - hope you are doing well today and get to Netflix - get a little fresh air too...

Oatmeal ready and need to scoot. Wishing all a great Friday. Will lurk from work.
  • ASalner
    Options
    FRIDAY!!!

I am ready for the weekend! Good WI today - down .8 lbs from last Friday. So, currently 150.8 lbs. maybe I can make it into the 140s for Thanksgiving?? Looking forward to an extra hour of sleep on Saturday night. Have not done that well with my "getting to bed early".

One thing is for sure, since we started using a real budget and put cash money in envelopes for our groceries and gas last Friday, we are learning that we spent way too much with quick trips to the grocery store and gas station. And we spent way too much eating out! We won't be doing that this weekend and I hope that translates to better success with my weight loss journey.

We are going to have beautiful weather this weekend, so planning to get out and walk. I took the dog for a 2 mile walk outside last night. It's funny, but I can always seem to walk faster outside than on the treadmill.

Plagued by headaches this week. Put in an email to my massage therapist last night to get on her calendar soon.

Sara - you are putting me more in the holiday spirit with talk of green trees. A friend of mine shared that they are already playing Christmas music at his workplace. That seems a bit early! Even though I LOVE Christmas music.

Lana - I hope your day goes well and your side effects are minimal. Blacklist was GREAT last night. You would enjoy it.

Missy - Beautiful dress!

Hello to everyone who follows. Will check back later!

Annie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    I got to work an hour early and did not realize it until the normal security guard was not there. AARG - I asked my Sup if I could start a half hour early - I also offered to go home again, so this once I will start early and leave early. Off to the break room to make tea and watch bad tv for awhile.

Love getting my hour extra sleep and being light again in the morning.

BBL
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Girls I just have to tell you - me with my progressive lenses in eyeglasses - I read Sara's post as saying she had to get some green yams at the store...... Wow!

Congrats to you both on good numbers at the scale.

Annie keep on chugging towards that Thanksgiving gathering with the skinny people. (do I have this correctly - that was the plan chosen for the day?) You will feel good in your head knowing you have been working at it and the clothes are looser and scale usually has a good number for you. Also congrats on the money managing and steering the ship around to a good course. You are SO LUCKY your DH and you agree to do this together. I am jealous!

Sara - what a bummer about getting to work early. I don't suppose you had any knitting with you.

I am feeling a little tiny bit better on this Day 2 than earlier times. Must go to Breast Center for the Neulasta shot - that will be quick. Then back home again. I will look at the iPhone and see how many steps I went.

Hugs,
    Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    I also wished I had my knitting this morning that was my first reaction. if you saw what I ate today, that weigh in Monday may/may not be in my favor......
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Okay maybe I am being sensitive as this is my highest red point day on Fitnesspal, but does the red get brighter as your number gets larger?? Or is it just me??

Dinner in toaster oven, dog glad for the early dinner.... windows open to let in rest of the day's sun.

With Lana watching netflix under the Palm Tree. Dog making eyes at the boys again.

Wishing all a good evening (its early humor me).
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Paper at door was the final straw, I was awake and considering more sleep.... Dog is now taken care of and I will head back to the warm covers.

I forgot last night to mention that Lana and I would be reading "Green Eggs and Yam" under the Palm Tree. I also forgot to give dog her allergy med last night. When it rains it pours.

Will stop by after errands. Wave to all who follow.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Green yarn in acrylic and cotton. Christmas cards too - If I wanted to I could have gotten a fake tree at half off, but I have nowhere to store it.

Weekly call to Dad and then dog to Vet - afternoon is open for knitting and napping.

I bought some small sweet potatoes so I cant decide if I should bake them whole or roast them....

Put kettle on for coffee and washing dishes. BBL.
  • ASalner
    Options
    Saturday

Scale was back up 1 lbs this morning. Boo! I swear I didn't go off the rails yesterday. So, who knows why.

Started out today well but almost forgot I had "Lunch with Grandpa" today. My grandpa is 91 years old some of us cousins take him out for lunch once per month. Needless to say, the cheeseburger and cheese curds I ate probably weren't the best choices, but they tasted great! Will concentrate on getting extra water today to wash out some of the sodium.

Have been helping DD with homework ALL DAY! Hoping to finish up soon so we can run some errands. This is not now I wanted my day to go but it is what it is.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Bought some baby sweet potatoes and will bake them. Have leftover rice from week and will make fried rice this weekend as well.

Windows open to let light in and so dog can sunbathe. Vet apt was well timed and well done.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Checking in
    Feeling poopy.
    Scale is up 400 pounds because of treatment. Crumbs.

Headache
    Bed soon.

Lana
  • Cheerios0392
    Cheerios0392 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be struggling with my weight for the rest of my life, as I already have for my entire life so far, and some times it just SUCKS. I've been binge eating all week, as a friend passed away last weekend, and I finally got the motivation back to start eating at a deficit again after a week of being over.. every. single. day. I did so well yesterday but today I could only eat at maintenance, nothing less. My family are a horrible influence. All of them are obese, not just over weight, and they constantly have things like KFC, chocolate, chips, and biscuits in the house. Usually I am strong enough to say no and know what's good for me, but today I didn't feel as strong and I caved. I should have said no and been stronger. But maintenance is still better than a surplus, and I go back to work tomorrow and when I'm at work I dont have time to over eat. So I know I will be able to work some of this off the rest of the week. I'm lucky enough with an obese family to not have ever been more than a little bit over weight myself, but I work really hard for it. I always have. I will do whatever it takes to stay a healthy weight. Things have been rough lately but I wont let it get me down anymore. I need to do this.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited November 2016
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning, fell asleep in recliner and never did leave. I slept well - but I didnt use my neck pillow. :s

Cheerios- welcome and many of us on this thread live with similar struggles. Stop by and post when you can. It is within you to make changes for yourself.

Lana -- 400 pounds?? Did an Elephant stop by and weigh in with you? Short term loss long term gain.... how many more treatments?? Hang in there. Did you get the last batch of cards?

I love getting the hour sleep I lost in Spring. Back to sleep for me.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - today's weigh in, now at 9AM, is 229.2. Wednesday I was 221.8. This is after Chemo 3 of 8. This is the highest post chemo weight I've had. The other two were a pound or two lower.
    I am glad that I am remaining vigilant and weighing every day to see just what is going on. I should be able to beat down most of the gain over the next two weeks. Each cycle is two weeks.

I did not look in the mailbox yesterday. Will do today.

I think I could use a neck pillow. What do you use?

Welcome to Cheerios!
    Sorry to hear about the passing of your friend.
    Hang in there, and you are welcome to come visit us here every day. Stay anchored to somewhere on the boards, even if it is not us. It will keep you steadied. Every day go and post at least one little peep.
    Yes, maintenance is indeed very good!--better than surplus.

My quick advice to you is you must buy some food of your own in that house: you must at least have your own fruit, milk and yogurt. And Cheerios!!!! Then you have a choice that will benefit you.

How old are you may I ask? I wish for you to be able to move out on your own or with other roommates who have healthy lifestyle habits. Seek it out.

hugs,
    Lana

*going back to sleep on favorite chair under palm tree*
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Decided on baked potatoes this week. I have sweet potatoes and Russett potatoes in the oven for the week. Sweet potatoes for egg/sausage and baked potatoes cut in half with a salad mix with 1/2 a chicken breast. Lots of potato but that was a compromise over me wanting chili with sweet potato fries ( oh the salt grams.... :o...).

I will say this only once - glad when voting is over however it ends up. This has been a wild political year, so dust needs to settle and actions need to start. Off soapbox.

Will go pick up mail and then settle in for day. Knitting/ Crocheting on tap.

Lana - neck pillow from Amazon.com - wrote a long paragraph to remember the bag I threw everything in.... ultimate industries is the name of the company -ultimateindustries.net. I sometimes just grab a bag and throw the whole table into it to clean it off, and sometimes I remember where I put it. Neck pillow can roll up and hang on hook in closet.....saucer shape cannot.

Will stop by later.