Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Happy Veteran's Day! Was a crazy busy day! Oh my gosh! Wish I could say TGIF...but it's just my Thursday... ugh

Lana- I only have my phone. I wish I had a computer or at the very least an IPad or Tablet. Maybe I can put it on my Christmas list. Lol

Sara- you are welcome! That sounds like a rough work situation. Hard to concentrate with all the conversation around you.

Annie- have fun shopping and good luck with food choices. When I shop, I try to make good choices, and use my walking while shopping as my exercise.

Well, was not given a choice about having pic taken, today. Wow! Was that unpleasant! I have got to do something! I just can't figure out what will get me kickstarted. I drink at least 64 oz of water a day, 5-6 days a week. But, I drink way too much soda. I can not make myself give it up. I have given it up before and it truly didn't make enuf of a difference, for me to believe that's the answer. I walk, 5 days a week at work. I don't exactly eat healthy, but have cut my portions. I just haven't figured it out, yet.

Waves to everyone. Hope you all have a good evening and great weekend.

-Dawn
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,890 Member
    Options

Hey Dawn - Please try looking at your soda again. It's not just the 150 calories in a can. Far worse is the corn syrup in it --it really messes with our bodies. If the soda had sugar instead it wouldn't be as bad. Same calories, but read up on high fructose corn syrup. ---said with care and hugs---

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Thank you so much Lana. I know how bad it is. It truly is an addiction...a mindset maybe...I prefer the taste of soda over everything. Especially water. I have to force myself to drink water. I bought a 64 oz jug that keeps it cold for 12 hrs, that's the only way I can drink it all. I truly wish I could find something I enjoy as much.

Hugs to you-
    Dawn
  • Cheerios0392
    Cheerios0392 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Well. .. i did ok the past week. But i ate every single calorie and then some back today and yesterday ugh. I'm going to try much harder next week... I'm in a restrict binge cycle at the moment even when I'm only at a deficit if 1/2 a pound a week. I need better self control and motivation
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,350 Member
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good Morning,

I will be making a phone call Monday to have them install another IUD asap. My cycle started yesterday and it is off the chart. For someone my age it is not "normal".

I know there is nothing I can do until Monday, but this is really scaring me. Oh yeah - Happy Birthday to me!

Not sure what today holds. I will try and get the regular errands done and see about getting a piece of birthday cake.

Dog is taken care of so back to bed for me. Will set up a hot water bottle.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    nnd0fevffabt.jpg

Sara - I hope you've celebrated your day in some way special!

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara- Happy Happy Birthday to you!
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday, Sara!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Dog up and fed. Little late but glad it is a day off.

Typical Sunday schedule, will add more sleeping.

Wishing all a good day.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good Sunday morning to All~~

Weigh in today: down .4. So for me it's "steady on"..... I will take it.
    Nowadays, I am counting my official weigh in number on every other Sunday, being that the chemo is a two-week cycle and the weight really freaks out on the days (and the Sunay) after treatment.
    So today I am at my most normal, and I weigh 222.2, down from 222.6 of two Sundays ago.

Sunday breakfast - 2 eggs with ham (and butter)

What's everybody doing today?
    I am going to drag myself outside for a real walk. Yay!

BBL

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Lana - good job with weigh in and smart to make it biweekly.

Grocery shopping done, decided to make small batch of soup using the vegetables I will be roasting. Weather is getting cooler again (78 yesterday - great if you are in the Bahamas......) and soup sounds good.

Baby blanket is almost done and I have a gift exchange with ladies from WW who all knit - I have crocheted some items - I will crochet her dog a frisbee.....it will be an odd box for sure. Knitting ladies have asked for a photo of blanket, so I will try to link here.

Dog walk sounds like a smart move today. Otherwise resting and laying low.

NSV - did not purchase the dark chocolate peanut butter granola at store today - needed to see nice ## on scale.

Will be around later.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - Well done with that avoidance of the tempting granola. Extra fluffing from Cabana Boys is in your future!

Lana
  • ASalner
    Options
    Sunday night

Feeling very fluffy. Have not braved the scale in several days. I did get out for a 2 mile walk with the dog today since the weather was so nice.

Lana and Dawn - I also struggle with avoiding pop. I am going to make a concerted effort this week.

It's looking to be a "quieter" week at my house and at work, so hoping to really zero in on cutting out the pop and reducing the sweets. Should also be able to get on the treadmill a few times after work this week. Making it a priority! Good plan in place for meals/snacks for the week. Now to work the plan!

Friday's Christmas shopping date with DH was quite a success. Only a couple gifts to go!

Continuing to help daughter make deco mesh wreaths for a couple of people. She says she would like to make some more and sell them but I made most of the last one we completed. I told her if she wants to have a "business" doing this, then she needs to do more of the work. :wink:

• arniedog74
    Options
    Lana- good weigh in. Hope you were able to get in a good walk

Gemwolf- sounds like a pretty eventful weekend. Good exercise for ya.

Annie- I can completely relate on the "fluffiness" feel extra fluffy here. The wreaths sound fun. I always try to find a project this time of year. Only thing I ever manage is baking. And, not so good at that.

Today was an extra lazy day. Just could not find any motivation to do a darn thing.

Hope all had a good day! Waves to all!
  • ASalner
    Options
    Dawn, oh I will be baking. I really shouldn't as I don't need the extra temptation. But it's so fun to bring a tray of cookies to work, friends, church, etc., and spread some holiday joy!
  • arniedog74
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Annie- I've always been fairly good at not eating what I bake. If I am confident in what I bake, I share it. If not, I may sample one or two over a weeks time, BF takes care of the rest.
    Most of my baking is for gifts. I recently started making Apple butter for gifts and am considering trying Pumpkin butter, this year. It's supposed to be good and not too bad for you.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - are you still feeling crummy?
    Keep us posted.

Lana
  • Cheerios0392
    Options
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    I have days where I just have a lot going on and can't focus on eating between 1200 to 1500. Just try to maintain at that point. I swear the thought process of thinking I need to not eat what I want to eat make me crave it more at first. I just need to distract myself until I don't think about whatever food I want goes away.

I know, sometimes it is just so hard and I agree, it's like the forbidden fruit. Always want what we can't have!
  • Cheerios0392
    Options
    Today was.... i dont even know anymore. My mum, who I live with, got fired today and also found out she has diabetes. Work was stressful, I hate my job so very much and I feel anxious and sick to my stomach almost every single day when I go in there and my sister has gastro! So I am hoping I won't get it. But.. at least I managed to be in a deficit today. I am still thinking about my friend who passed away 2 weeks ago every single day. Life is quite stressful right now but it's only as stressful as I let it be. It's all how you react to things! But in all seriousness I am thinking about starting to see a counselor.. and trying to see something positive in every challenge life throws at me.. I think tomorrow will be a good day for my progress as well.

Stay strong everyone! And good luck :)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Lana - things have lessened but I dont trust my cycles anymore so I am armed for battle as I have to go to work today. Phone call to make apt top on my list.

Had to stop baking cookies for presents - found I ate too many.

Weigh in - down another .6 and anymore weight I lose will be in the goal I wanted for Thanksgiving. Happy, but we shall see.

Oatmeal on stove and will get a little more sleep. Paper at door. Dog is doing her dance/bark.

Wave to all who follow.