Serial Starters

Replies

• ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Monday

Yay, Sara!!! You are amazing!

I am taking it one day at a time now. Today I am committing to not drinking any pop and not filching any candy out of the Halloween candy. Egg and coffee (with some "good" creamer) for breakfast, some protein and veggies for lunch, white chicken chili and a corn muffin for supper. Veggies and a light string cheese for snacks. Finding it hard to fill in all the calories without going over on the carbs and sugars. I always struggle with that.

Provided DD's homework isn't too terrible tonight, I plan to get 2 miles on the treadmill at some point in the evening. Will need to "re-start" my 30 day ab challenge, as well.

DH got the outside Christmas lights and decorations up and working this weekend. We won't turn them on until Thanksgiving night but it was good for him to take advantage of the nice weather and put them up now. It looks like our weather may change by this weekend.

I'm starting to think about what I might want to bake for this Christmas season. I need to make a whole separate grocery shopping list just for that!

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,954 Member

Good morning~~

Sara - Congratulations on good weigh in, sending you along your way to meet the goal you had set. That is just great!

Cheerios~~ Hugs. Hang in there, and yes, seeing a counselor is a very good idea. I hope you can find one you can mesh well with. I need to do the same thing. Don't do as I do and push it down the list every day. *groan*

Annie - One day at a time is good. So happy to hear about getting rid of the pop.

Heading out to run errands. Tomorrow is rain, so I must do everything today. Must.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,377 Member
    At work, apt to get new iud bright and early Monday morning, Day off so I now have 3 apts, with enough time between them to with any luck not be late for any of them....
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Hot soup for dinner, shower and then snuggle with dog. Monday I have an 8:15, 10:30 and 12:50 apt. Chance of showers, but still a good line up. Lunch between 10 and 12 apt??

Lana - hope you got your errands done.

Wave to all - wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Sara- Congrats on the weigh in! Sounds like you are going to have a busy Monday. Hope you are able to have time for a filling yet healthy lunch.

Cheerios- Sounds like you did have a heck of a day. Glad you are wanting to stay positive and seek help. Always good to have someone to talk to.

Annie- Good luck on no soda. Stay strong. I began putting up some Christmas decorations, today. I start early as I am gone so much thru the holidays, I want to be able to enjoy as long as I can.

Lana- Hope you were able to get errands done and had a good day.

I made a big pot of ham and beans and one of potato soup. My Grandma gave me these wonderful crockpots that connect, so you only need one plug. It's really cool and convenient. Made too many beans, so they're not quite done yet. I should have soaked them, or at the very least, got up early and started them. I do love my sleep, tho.
    I started part of the ab routine that was mentioned in MFP Blog. Part only because I didn't want to Sprint around my house and entice neighbors into coming out and trying to start up a convo, and I have nowhere to do pull ups. But, I did do 3 out of 5...Now, to keep going

Hope everyone has a good night. Waves to all
  • ASalner
    Monday night

I did it! Made it through today without pop and without candy. I did have a couple of cups of coffee with "good" creamer and I did put a little honey on my corn muffin tonight. I had planned to eat veggies for lunch, but instead had an apple with a small amount of natural peanut butter. I tracked everything in MFP and the sugars and carbs were a bit higher than I would have liked, but overall the calories were good.

Got on the treadmill tonight and completed 2 miles. Also, 20 crunches with my abmat.

Taking it one day at a time...
  • arniedog74
    Annie- Way to go! Sounds like a good day! My prob is always carbs, fat and sugars. Stick to it and you will do great!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Paper came extra early, okay at least it is here.

Annie - finding any balance when trying to lose weight is important. You didnt overeat and you may have gone over on sugars/carbs but you did stay in your calories and did treadmill (and those things called crunches that it hurts me to watch people doing) . You keep up the good work.

I was making lunch and wondering if I took off the restraints I have in place to lose weight, I would eat anything I wanted help myself to two servings or more be happy and then wonder why I felt so bad afterwards. Until I get to a safer place, the restraints stay.

Will lurk from work. Wave to all who follow.
  • ASalner
    Tuesday

Kids were little monsters this morning. Grrr. Trying to shake it off and get in the right mindset for work.

Sara - thanks for those kind words. Do you know that yesterday I almost didn't eat the apple because of the sugar/carb issue - and then I told myself, "Nobody ever got fat from eating an apple, for crying out loud!" I kept that total calorie count in mind and really did stay away from the candy or the bad sugars, so it was a win. And the treadmill walk wasn't my fastest pace ever, but I got my butt off the couch and did it! Planning for more of the same today.

Looking forward to a massage later this afternoon as I try to loosen the muscles in my shoulders and neck. These headaches have got to go. I hate to part with the $$$ but I've got to feel better.

I read a blog post from a friend today who lost a lot of weight with WW and got into running and fitness. She shared a post today about feeling like a failure because she has re-gained 15 lbs. It's an honest post about the personal/family issues she has had this last year with both of her parents in failing health and how she turned to food as a coping mechanism. The good news is she's ready to turn the train around! Don't we all feel like this sometimes? We are all "serial starters". Life gets in the way sometimes but we don't give up. We own it and then dig our heels in. Her post was very inspirational.

Make it a great day!

Annie

• LanaCabana537

Good morning All~~

Indeed life does get in the way. The key is to never become disconnected from your goals. You may fall off your program, but you must stay aware. That's why this group is so helpful!

Annie and Dawn you are really banging out the exercise! I applaud you both. And you are doing well with the sweet junk.

Sara - I hope that all went well yesterday and that you have a boring, calm workday today.

I got a bunch of stuff accomplished yesterday. Today is rain; almost all of my Do List is in my apartment.

Annie I do hope you find out about the headaches. You have checked 1) computer-screen/eyeglasses/vision situation? I have progressive lenses and crain my neck often to be able to see print on screen--definitely causes lower back of head headaches. 2) Have you ruled out CO in your house. It can happen.

It's raining here in the Big Apple, and I just heard thunder!

Lana
  • kathhp
    kathhp Posts: 2 Member
    Just reading the last post here... Disconnected from goals - I think that is the story of my life and not just the weight loss. The hardest part is letting it go though and actually sitting down and making this time the last time so there are no more re-starts or second, third and umpteen hundredth chances. Went running today. Have decided to stop obsessing about what I can't eat and just get the wheels going again avoiding alcohol and what not until the Xmas season is really here. And committing to recording EVERYTHING I eat as a learning exercise rather than as a Kat-bashing exercise and sticking to the plan to run 50 km a week... There I have said it and I let you all know it so I can't hide!
  • Cheerios0392
    Cheerios0392 Posts: 46 Member
    This is my 3rd day in a row in a deficit, yay!!! I have not had a great appetite as I feel stressed and under pressure all of the time. It sucks but it is good in a way because I'm sticking to my calorie goal. :)
  • LanaCabana537

Cheerios - good job!

Kat - that's it. No more hiding! Welcome~~

Missy - very true words.

Lana
  • Collieluv
    Collieluv Posts: 16 Member
    Hi everyone. I hope you don't mind me jumping in here. I am truly a serial starter.....start, stop, start, stop. I really need some motivation and I hope you all can help me. I have been glancing over some of the posts and this looks life a fun site.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Kat and Collie stop by and post when you can. Keeping ourselves accountable is key to any life change.

Conversation about keeping goals when reality steps in - is a good one.

Breakfast for dinner. Colder tonight (it is November after all) will have some hot tea and crochet with dog.

Under Lana's Palm tree where they are serving hot drinks tonight.....
  • arniedog74
    edited November 2016
    Welcome Kat and Collie! This is a great place to start yer new journey. Good luck to you both
  • ASalner
    Welcome Kat and Collie!

Massage was painful but it hurt so good. I scheduled two follow-up massages in the next few weeks and got recommendations for a couple of stretches I can try in the meantime to loosen things up. Drank lots of water tonight and applied heat.

Managed to get 1.5 miles on the treadmill and did 28 abmat crunches.

Calories were good. I did cave and have one piece of Halloween candy. But otherwise it was a good day.

Time for a hot bath and bed!
  • Cheerios0392
    Cheerios0392 Posts: 46 Member
    Another day of success. Albeit, due to stress, but i will take any small victories i can get right now! Appetite is still utterly suppressed and every day is more stressful than the last. Just holding out for the weekend. I should be able to keep a deficit tomorrow & friday.. I'm feeling optimitic about my calorie intake this week! Going so well so far I'm gonna try to keep it going all week :)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited November 2016
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning, I reported that ad posted last night it was so insulting, just could not look at it. So I am glad to see it is gone.

I need to reread a little - Annie so glad you are able to get massages. Extra water is key - I found out the morning after one time....wow. They are worth the time and money - Good work out as well.

Cheerios, just make sure you getting the nutrition you need. How do you de stress? I used to walk. I now walk dog and/or use aroma therapy - just a thought.

Missy/Gem - love the dog photos. How are your babies?

Dawn I love the connecting crockpots. You could make entree / side dish or dessert all at the same time!

Another project at work, so earphones will be on and I will be daydreaming enough to stay awake, but also not make mistakes....

Lurk from work day - wave to all who follow.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited November 2016
    Early walk for dog, so can post before work.

Cold enough for knitted hat. :#

Weigh in this morning is at Thanksgiving goal # - so lets see if I can get it to show up on Monday.