Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Hooray, Sara! So excited for you! That is awesome to meet your goal!!!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,350 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Good evening,

Soup for dinner, bought pretzels to go with it. Wish I had paid attention to sodium amount. Wowie zowie - last bag of pretzels for awhile. Only ate half of the bag they were too salty. Tomorrow.....

Early night - will curl up with dog and watch something brainless.

Wishing all a great evening.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited November 2016
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning. Met paper lady early this morning, she is the one working with my dog to get me up earlier!!

Fall allergies have found me again, trying to use humidifier at home, but too close to bed for dog to run all night. I will turn on and run before I go to sleep.....

Lana - where are you?? Pop in when you can.

Just checked to see if heater was on as it was cold last night. Close to turning on. Need to replace air filter after running it a couple days to get all dust out.

Back under the covers soon and curl up with dog before day starts. Another day of doing projects and earphones which is just fine.

Wishing all a good day. Wave to those who follow.
  • ASalner
    Options
    Thursday

Have concentrated this week on staying within my calories. Sugar/carbs haven't been as low as I would like but I'm ok with that for now. Have not been looking at the scale. Will do so tomorrow morning. I "feel" like my monthly friend will be here soon, so don't always trust the numbers around that time. Guys are so lucky they don't have to deal with that!

Have not stayed completely away from pop but am still trying. I have been successful staying out of the Halloween candy and today I brought the rest to work and left it out for all to enjoy. It needs to be out of my house!

Decided to apply to refinance our mortgage down to a 15 year since the rates are so low and we are staying in our home. The payment goes up a little bit but we'll save so much on interest and pay the mortgage off 7 years sooner. It will slow us down on paying off other bills but I still think it's a good move.

IEP meeting at DD's school today. She is doing pretty well this year but still needs ongoing support to be organized and keep track of her homework and due dates. I'd like to see them do a bit more for her. In all honesty, I'd really like to see her get to the point where she can do it herself but it's just not happening yet, so she needs help. The good news is that even with her challenges, she likes school and that is a really good thing.

Meetings all morning then out to the meeting at school. Not sure when I'll get to eat snacks or lunch. Hoping the headache stays away!

Plans to do some laundry and housecleaning tonight. Treadmill, also. So many papers in kitchen counter and on top of microwave! Time to declutter. Need to make one more wreath this weekend and would like to do some baking.

A few inches of snow in the forecast for tomorrow. It's our first snow of the season. Media is making much, too much out of it.

Still dreading spending Thanksgiving with the skinny people. If my stepmom just wouldn't take any pictures, it would be ok.

Waves to all who follow!
  • Collieluv
    Collieluv Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if this group has a weigh in day or do we weigh when we want to. Birthday party at work today, but I did not participate. Yay me. I brought home 2 chocolate cupcakes for my hubby since today is his birthday!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,890 Member
    Options

Hello All~~

Yesterday was busy and upside down because DH arrived back from Brazil early in the morning and I still had a few "good day" errands to do.

Today I am here late because it was chemo day.
    Had big burger for lunch; salad for dinner. And ice cream. I get ice cream on chemo day.

Then into bed with me to watch TV and go to sleep.

I will catch up on everybody else tomorrow.

Hugs,
    Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Collieluv wrote: »
    Just wondering if this group has a weigh in day or do we weigh when we want to.

We weigh in when we want to..... Cupcakes are such a nice compromise to a full sized cake!!

Leftover rest of soup with half baked potato/chopped broccoli and cheese added. Warm anyway.

Lana - hope your Chemo went well. Can you receive packages at your residence? Thinking a little down the road.....

Will curl up with dog and watch a movie after dinner/dog walk.

Wave to all who follow. Have a good evening.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

Turned heater up one degree this morning to get it working a little while. It is November and our weather has been a little mild. Will put water on for hot water bottle and blankets before dog walk. Good chance of rain between now and Tuesday.

TGIF. Coffee has gotten me through this week.

Tonight is a frozen lasagna, no energy and no eggs for anything else.

Will stop by later. Wave to all who follow.
  • ASalner
    Options
    Friday

I was going to brave the scale today...got undressed...went to the scale...and it wouldn't turn on. Battery = dead. So, will need to remedy that this weekend.

Good plan for the day. DH will make a yummy supper at home. House cleaning tonight! I have baking and craft projects I would like to accomplish this weekend but can't do it when the house is in a disarray. I warned my kids that we will be starting in their rooms. :)

Rainy here this morning. It might snow. We are right on the edge of the snow/rain line. Younger kids had school but DS at college lucked out and his classes are cancelled today. (He is only 20 minutes away and it's not snowing there yet, either.)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening.

If coughing gets worse - I found out how I can schedule an apt from home for time off Tuesday and not get into trouble. I have Monday off and wasnt sure I could schedule time off when I am not at work... not a high tech person here.

Frozen lasagna in toaster. Hoping for a quiet night here.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Almost forgot to check in! Peep!
    Going back to bed. See you tomorrow~~
    Hugs,
    Lana
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara- Congrats on hitting Thanksgiving goal! Hope cough doesn't get worse.

Lana- Hugs to you! Hope you don't get too down this week. Thinking of you!

Annie- Maybe dead battery is sign. So glad there's no sign of snow for us, yet. Went from 80deg yesterday to high of 59, falling to 44 this evening...welcome to Autumn in Mo! Haha

Working extra days this comin week to make up for days requested off for holiday. Going to be a long couple weeks. Oh boy

Will check in when I can. Waves to everyone! Have a good nite

-Dawn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Up with dog who is now taken care of. Hot water for hot water bottle brewing. Better way to keep chest warm than keeping heater running...

Couple more errands this morning, including going to pharmacy and finding out which allergy prescription I had a couple of years ago (see if their database has it...) they now sell Flonase over the counter so if I am right, I can get started using it today....

Rest of day is wide open and ready for napping.

Wishing all a great day - will stop by after errands.
  • ASalner
    Options
    Saturday morning

We got the kids' bedrooms cleaned last night! Hallelujah! Didn't get as much of the rest of the house done as I would have liked, so will pick away at that over the weekend.

Hoping to attempt to bake a pumpkin pie to see how it turns out. Otherwise, need to order one ASAP for Thanksgiving. Also need to find a recipe for a good pasta salad.

May start some other holiday baking of items that freeze well. And must make that last wreath.

Some of this may spill into tomorrow. Trying to adjust to the colder temps and the fact that errands will take longer due to snowy, slippery streets.

Have a great day!
  • CFC63
    CFC63 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Just wanting some feedback. Am a lifetime WW member off the wagon (again) and considering going back but not a fan of counting "points" or paying large monthly fees. Have always lost weight through them however despite needing the accountability I hate going to meetings! Calories also make more sense and are easier than points however have never had much luck losing weight on MFP.

Has anyone tried the newest WW program? Their food database used to be terrible too last time I was on it (2014). Any thoughts or suggestions out there?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    cfc63 I was online only and the new program was something I never really learned I stayed with the program before with ghg etc. I know of people who are doing it - with some success. My answer is not a "strong" one for or against. - Find something you know you can do for a long time whatever it is so long as it is "healthy".
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hello All

The slump has come early this cycle. Typing on phone is hard, but I'm in bed laying down.

CFC before I quit WW (paying meetings member for decades!) because I was disgusted at their ditching the community message boards, I found their program to be increasingly difficult especially the current points system. Calories system on MFP is a headache free breeze, and the free one is all I need. DH pays for the big program on this site. He loves it.

Sara I hope you feel better soon.

Annie snow already?
    Buy a pie. Less stress.
    Dawn dear, good to see you.

Waves to all who stop through this weekend.

My new bathing suits came, for in case I can take a cruise end of January and to get me to my health club pool on the good days.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Found out my father will be out of town for Thanksgiving. Just glad I didnt turn down other offers..... Now to see if I can get a turkey dinner for next Thursday. I will go after work Wednesday to where I go Saturdays for breakfast to see what is possible. They serve turkey dinners all year long on their menu

Is everyone having a traditional turkey dinner?? Also wondering if I should try something else.

Was sleeping with dog on recliner, laying flat makes me too congested, and I had to get up and drink something (I chose coffee) dog is eating her breakfast. Will turn dvd player on and let it run it for about 2.5 hours.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    oops took too long, found a frozen fried rice from a couple weeks ago in freezer, so will make more tomorrow and some corn bread muffins, trying to plan my week out a little better food wise....
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Up early for dog. Raining out. Will go back to bed shortly.

Not much scheduled for today after grocery shopping, so maybe sleeping???

Will stop by later.

Wave to all who follow.