Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Serial Starters

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,949 Member
    56c79t0ldpzm.jpeg
    *** July 18 ***

Good morning everyone ⛅️ Cloudy day here today.

Sara - wishing you a speedy scheduling to find out about the pink dancing elephant.
    Yes, I too think that we've all had at least one clunker of a therapist.

Well I've got quite a few things on my list for today, so I'd better get going on them.

Waves to all who stop by today 👋🏻 🌴

Lana

269.4 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,374 Member
    Good afternoon,

Department group "party" is over. I will probably not do another trivia quiz. Too much work and for the push back I get.

Making peach crisp. The peaches I ordered from the store were too ripe and really needed to be eaten asap, except I had 6 of them, so peach crisp it is.

Doing better on my steps, which is encouraging.

Lana - hope your plowed through your to do list.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited July 19
    tczs4o09mflw.jpeg
    *** July 19 ***

Wow everybody - it's Friday!!

The day here started out so dark and glum, but the sun is breaking through. I've got to get to the grocery store; my fridge is empty and the cupboards are almost bare. I'm thinking chicken, veggies, and bananas, and dairy.

Sara - Peaches are so wonderful! Good for you on being able to get your steps in. I hope the kinder weather lasts for a little while.
    What are your plans for the weekend?

Waves to all who stop by later on~~

Lana
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,467 Member
    edited July 20
    6g62cvl5zut7.jpeg

Sara - hope everything with the doc goes alright! Peach crisp sounds yummy and perfect for summer. Might find a recipe and try it. Do you have a favorite recipe?

Lana - hope the sun breaks through. We are had a heat wave the last week and the heat and humidity are finally breaking. A co-worker and I got to walk during lunch yesterday finally. Good luck with shopping and your to do list.

Hi all!

It’s been a busy challenging term for this class it ends tomorrow just have to respond to some discussion posts and finish a time consuming certification and I’ll be done. Hoping to get a lot of housework and yard work done that was put off due to the class this week before I get a molar extracted. Will have to take it a little easy afterwards.

Dogs are doing great with dealing with the heat. They much rather keep me company while I work than be outside thankfully.

Zumba and Aqua have been going good as well. I’m going to try a few new classes at the new gym when I’m clear with the extraction surgery and in between terms. If the extraction causes a hole between the dental and nasal cavity it would mean taking it more easy for recovery. So I pray that does not happen.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Missy

CW 211.8
    HW 228.8
    GWR 110 to 120
  • bdole82
    bdole82 Posts: 5 Member
    Today was my first day on my second journey. Though I lost 50 pounds the first time, today wasn't so good. Guess it's a win that I at least counted my calories and macros today?!?!
  • LanaCabana537

Hi Everybody~~

I'm getting here very late in the day.

Missy - glad for you that this class is over with. Good luck with the dental work. Hugs.

BDole - Wishing you the best on your second journey. Counting your food is a very good start 👍🏻

Time for bed soon....

Lana

269.8 today
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 491 Member
    I purchased a walking pad and have been using that for two days in a row. Also took a walk outside today before it gets too hot.

Day 1 of fully tracking what I eat again.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Whoa what a weekend. Scale has been out of control, but that ends soon. I made Honey Garlic Teriyaki Chicken (5 servings) and chicken with potatoes/sweet potatoes/peas/carrots/onion in a white sauce I made (6 servings). So my lunches are taken care of. I have many of my snacks for work ready.

My "fruit" for the next day or so will be the rest of my peach cobbler.

I feel like a banana slug, but I will get walking again tomorrow.

• LanaCabana537
    edited July 22
    7ldbffieex96.jpeg
    *** July 22 ***

Good morning all~~

Just getting us started.

* 🌴 Waving at Pierre for more coffee ☕️ ⛱️*

Lana

270.4 today
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 655 Member
    I just caught up— had knee surgery 7/17 and could have sworn I posted that day. Drug fog!

Sara, I cannot believe those temps. Sounds scary-one mistake in planning a quick errand could prove life threatening. I sure hope you stay cool and safe. And I look forward to you getting your next pup.

My meds are kicking in now so my intent to write more is washed away. TTYL.

Maureen
  • LanaCabana537
    edited July 23
    5asctv82avec.jpeg
    *** July 23 ***

Good morning everyone~

Maureen - Good to hear from you. I hope that your recovery from the surgery is going as it should - also hope that you are not in much pain. 🤗

Time for me to go searching for one or two chicken recipes to make in the oven. I'm looking for a recipe to use skinless, boneless chicken thighs in a baking dish with healthy veggies, no pasta or other major starch, potatoes are OK if limited, and some kind of sauce that is not a boatload of calories.

I don't have a slow cooker yet. I have to curb unnecessary spending until after the new year..... *sob*

Waves to all who stop by later on ~~~

Lana

268.8 today
  • LanaCabana537
    iq5q266quzqe.jpeg

Well here we are in the MIDDLE of the page and the middle of the week.

I went way off program today. A lot of socializing; a bit of extra calories.

I did get in a few extra bits of activity though.

Lana

269.2 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited July 26
    Good afternoon,

Time for a late nap, guys done fixing the argon filter outside my apt.

Lana I googled skinless chicken thigh casserole recipes and got some interesting ideas.

Maureen glad you and your knee is doing better.

Snore time

• LanaCabana537
    shj7tdo0ly7z.jpeg
    *** July 25 ***

Well better late than never....

Sara - I will look into the casserole recipes 🧅

Lana

270.0 today
  • csilverthorn22
    csilverthorn22 Posts: 47 Member
    Hi …
    I chose the serial starters thread - I don’t think I’ve ever posted on mfp before …

Ive just returned from a week vacation .. so basically stuffing my face with food and alcohol and sitting on my *kitten*

I did roller blade a couple times and go for a walk or two but on the whole..
    I’m feeling exhausted from doing nothing.
    I’m discouraged , and annoyed that this is something I have to keep coming back to.. in 6 months a decade will have past since I hit it hard and got to below my goal weight with balanced eating and hitting the gym 5-6 days a week… I HATE that I fell off that path and have put back on my 20+ lbs… and that starting or staying on track now seems to be this mountainous and impossible climb..

I want to have a coach (previously I paid a reasonable amount just to have someone revamp a program once a month, and for me to send my macros to daily… he’s not around anymore and I don’t know anyone else …only one and her rates are astronomical and just not something I can swing…)

I want to claim back on the old wagon, but I’m so tired , and so…. Bummed out, angry and sad that I can’t even get there from here… am I alone?
  • LanaCabana537
    edited July 26
    i96cdd35g66z.jpeg
    *** July 26 ***

Hello CSilverthorn 👋🏻

Welcome to the Virtual Cabana Club 🌴

I believe that it helps to only look forward, NEVER backwards. Don't concern yourself with anything in your weight-past.

Only positive thoughts are allowed - boost yourself up, and stop by so we can you help us and so we can help each other. 🙏🏻

* The Cabana Boys ⛱️ have gotten things going with Sara's favorite dance music for the Special Friday Happy Hour. Mocktails are flowing~
    💃🏼🕺 🍸🍉 🌴*

Lana

270.4 today
  • LanaCabana537
    1wuyvm0too9i.png
    *** July 28 ***

Jeez, July is almost over. I feel that I've been wasting my summer somehow, because it is flying by.

My sister-in-law has begun her diet using My Fitness Pal. I will be joining her for inspiration and motivation. 🩷

Lana

269.0 today
  • LanaCabana537
    4yjuhq15y482.jpeg
    *** July 29 ***

Good morning everyone~

I'm inspired today. Also I am having a day of gratitude: today is my 8-year breast cancer survivor anniversary.

I'm thinking of cooking a pork tenderloin today. It's a nice change from chicken, and not too expensive for what you get.

Sara - how was your weekend?

* 🌺 tossing library book and flip flops onto favorite lounge chair for later 🌴*

Lana
    266.8 today
  • LanaCabana537
    u6hxpbizuzuk.jpeg
    *** July 30 ***

Good morning ☀️

Just getting us started.....

BBL

Lana

267.6 today
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,467 Member
    Good Afternoon! Tooth extraction went good, had a bit excess bleeding and was lightheaded for a couple of days. It’s till a bit sore and achy and when cleaning last night before bed looks like either a fragment of old tooth or bone is slightly sticking out of gums. So having a recheck on Friday. Stitches are the dissolving ones so they should be coming out anytime between today and Friday on their own. I guess there is a space there and will take time to heal. I just hope it doesn’t get infected or anything like that. Been eating soft food and drinking protein drinks and tons of water. I’ll be partaking in the virtual cabana club festivities soon I hear I should take it easy for a week. ;)

I’m with you Lana can’t believe it’s august at the end of the week. Reminds me that I need to get my sister a gift for her birthday.

~ Missy