Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Serial Starters

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,949 Member
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    Good Afternoon! Tooth extraction went good, had a bit excess bleeding and was lightheaded for a couple of days. It’s till a bit sore and achy and when cleaning last night before bed looks like either a fragment of old tooth or bone is slightly sticking out of gums. So having a recheck on Friday. Stitches are the dissolving ones so they should be coming out anytime between today and Friday on their own. I guess there is a space there and will take time to heal. I just hope it doesn’t get infected or anything like that. Been eating soft food and drinking protein drinks and tons of water. I’ll be partaking in the virtual cabana club festivities soon I hear I should take it easy for a week. ;)

I’m with you Lana can’t believe it’s august at the end of the week. Reminds me that I need to get my sister a gift for her birthday.

~ Missy

Oh, Missy - Oh, you poor thing! An extraction??? Sending big hugs 🤗🤗🤗 and metta so you heal well and feel better.
    I'm sure that you have been cuddling with all of your adorable, loving floofs. They must sense that you need TLC.

I'm glad that you checked in.

XOXO
    Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    ori63jeeowum.jpeg
    *** July 31 ***

Aw, we're saying goodbye to July ~~

It's been a long day today.

Lana

268.4 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,374 Member
    Good evening,

Lets see - hmm I bought a porcelain dog at church for $1 so right now that is my dog.

Lana -8 years already??? Take a bow. You earned it.

Missy I hope your tooth is working towards a healthy direction. Soft foods are not as bad as they used to be as there are more options. Like Lana said absolutely snuggle up with your dogs time.

It would seem like July was shorter except for that nasty heat wave we had. Hoping for a milder August.

Made protein balls based on a You Tube recipe and will make more of them = at least I know what is in them.

Watching Men's gymnastics from Paris, lost track of time. Sad I have to go to sleep again, but that means I dont have to drink as much coffee in the morning.

Scale is stagnant, but exercise is increasing in the house with the blinds closed. I am trying to remember what we did in grade school.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    zne7v38wbic2.jpeg
    *** August 2 ***

Happy Friday everyone~~

The sun came out, so I am happy.

Sara - Yay for you for your new $1 doggie. 👍🏻
    And yes, I too hope that you have a milder August. If you have that, then likely my grouchy sister will have lower temps as well. She doesn't have air conditioning! (crazy woman)

🌴 The Cabana Boys are setting up for the Grand Happy Hour by the pool this afternoon. Sara - May we have some 80s music? 🎵💃🏼🕺🌴

Missy - hope you are feeling OK.
    Maureen - how are you doing with your knee?

Waves to all who stop by later on~

Lana
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,467 Member
    Hi!
    I’m feeling alright. Back at dentist for check up. Have some bone or tooth spurs/splinters they may need to clean up. Will probably eat soft foods for another week or so. Already lost 4 lbs. Can’t believe it is already August.

~Missy
  • LanaCabana537
    edited August 3
    f6hv36glgcon.jpeg
    *** August 3 ***

Happy Saturday everybody~

Missy - Congrats on losing the 4 pounds--we take the victories no matter the price paid to achieve them. 😜
    I hope that you are finding your way with soft foods that can be tasty. I'm thinking eggs, cheese, soft cooked veggies.... Store/packaged meatballs can be soft and finely ground....
    Sending good vibes up to New England.

Sara & Maureen - Are you staying out of the heat and trouble this weekend? 🤗

I have made a small discovery about "salads". If I leave out the lettuce, and I combine all the other veggies and protein I would put on a salad, I come up with a compact but mighty meal that is more satisfying.

I suppose I am slow to catch up with what everyone else on the planet knows as the benefits of those salads in a jar that have been so popular.
    Yay me. Better late than never.

Lana

268.4 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

KC and the Sunshine band-What a great way to start last night!!!!

It is noon hour and almost 100 - this girl is staying inside.

Yarn organization is on the cards -my current projects are in grocery bags, when I have very nice bags I bought for my knitting and I dont know whats in them. At least 2 of my good bags will be gone through and items switched.

Salads in a jar - think taco salad with a small amount of tortilla chips. Cheese, rice, chicken,beans,onions,avocado, with spinach and a sourcream dressing.

My crockpot was going to have beef stroganoff but I went for Korean bbq beef - cooking right now - will check in 2 hours. I have a pound bag of spinach and Udon noodles to put on top and cook together.

I will watch the olympics streaming and will walk the commercials. It adds up.

Missy - get those teeth all "cleaned up" -short term loss long term gain - think greek yogurt or cottage cheese for good protein.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    hqk4kq51trj4.jpeg
    *** August 5 ***

Good morning ☀️

I managed to clog my kitchen drain yesterday evening by forgetting to turn on the disposal and run water before dumping some leftover ramen soup into the disposal. Dang this getting old!
    Now I get to try to use some drain unclogger recommended by my plumber..... *slap forehead*

Sara - your idea is brilliant about walking during the commercial breaks 👍🏻

Waves to all who stop by today 👋🏻

Lana

269.4 today
  • LanaCabana537

PS - Kitchen drain product "Thrift" worked on the clog, and I didn't need to have a plumber come. Whew~~

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    0iq85kimio7z.jpeg
    *** August 6 ***

Just getting us started..... errands to run before we get three days of heavy rain?

BBL

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Elf dress/hat/"shoes" are waiting for the temps to come down so I can try it on.

Wathing women's soccer replay and taking break

Eating is better and will per usual walk the adverts.

Lana =extra points for unclogging that sink. Never fun for anyone, but you didnt have to pay someone else to do it.

6:30 and still 102 summer is having a good time.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Happy almost Friday,

Elf outfit is potential but needs someone to zip it up. I purchased a onesie and I can use the accessories from the dress.

Had dinner with a coworker. She likes to go out to eat when she gets her paycheck. We went to the local asian store and saved me one chore this weekend.

Slowly and consistently, I am increasing my steps and calisthenics.

• LanaCabana537
    edited August 9
    4tsqxbtmx0uh.jpeg
    *** August 9 ***

Yikes - I thought that I posted yesterday, but it got lost in the ether!

Sara - what is the event for which you are making this elf outfit?
    Would a paper clip and a string help out with the zipping up?
    Would you care to share a photo, even if it's just the outfit on the bed? This sounds like fun!

Well, fate waited until the Debby storm had passed and the sun came out this morning to deliver a power outage to my neighborhood. It was sunny and 11am when I heard a huge bang noise; the lights flickered, and then went out five minutes later. There must be some automatic shutdown process when a transformer blows up.

I am grateful that crews are up the street making repairs.
    All of the trucks are from a town in Alabama (I'm in northern North Carolina). I love how the power companies across the country are coordinated to solve the problems.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, I have been slacking on the exercise, but grateful that somehow my sleep is improving.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    56ktdkva46h9.jpeg
    *** August 10 ***

Good morning all~

The sun is out. It's going to be a good day.

Sara - keep cool out there - I hope you have a good weekend 🌷

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    suw068lcbj43.jpeg
    *** August 13 ***

Hello out there 🌷

I bought myself some fresh canola oil and some real popcorn; it's not awful to make a little batch of popcorn on the stove. I put some melted butter on, and a smidgen of salt..... a nice change from the bagged popcorn.

We have a dark, cloudy day today. Not very inspiring.

Lana

270.2 today
  • LanaCabana537
    qw45anpdivyx.jpeg
    *** August 14 ***

Happy Wednesday - the middle of the week 🌺

Today is the farmers market--a good day to get vegetables.....

*⛱️ tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later 🌴*

Lana

269.6 today
  • George_1980
    George_1980 Posts: 41 Member
    Hello. Im starting again for what seems like the hundredth time. I know thats my fault but can use friends and motivation to help me move along and stick with it. Im in the USA if anyone else is at the same point.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited August 14
    Hello J89 👋🏻

I never give up. No matter what the scale and the mirror says, I keep on working my way upstream to a healthier weight. No, I have not been very successful, through so many life challenges, but I have never thrown in the towel.

It's more than a number, really. My blood work has shown improvement over the years, and my doctors say I'm doing better than in years past.

XO
    Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    vno2wn3dzkl3.jpeg
    *** August 16 ***

Good morning all~~

Just getting us started - getting ready for an appointment....

⛱️ BBL for the Friday Happy Hour at the Cabana Club 💃🏼🌴

Lana

270.2 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Long paragraph coming, sorry.

Lana - not my project - coworker wants to do something nice for dragon for xmas and I decided as I have to present said boss with start of the "adventure", I had to get an elf costume as I couldnt straight face it. I have also since bought a onesie that at least fits. I have never known about a string and a paper clip. ,.. I am also giving myself a higher step goal - it cant hurt.

My biopsy will have to be under general anesthesia as Tuesday was like squeezing an elephant through the eye of a needle. Waiting for new apt time - will need to set up a driver.

Yearly evals loom. Next week is mine- It is not that I dont care, but they get so old and annoying.......
    '
    There is a young man living out of his car with a med size dog. I have been gifting him dog food and dog poop bags and dog treats - the dog cant go shopping.

Premier League soccer is in full gear Saturday and I get my eye candy back.

I have been off chart this week and I apologize. Lana thank you for filling in.