Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,946 Member
    edited September 2
    wl2t465z6rsa.jpeg
    *** September 2 ***

Good morning all~~

Hello Kelly, Ancient Member!
    I can't help with the days logged in streak counter. Hopefully you found the answer with some other thread on the site. Good luck on your journey 🍀

Boy did we have some rain storms yesterday. They were scary when I was out driving in the afternoon--couldn't see the road, but got home safely.

I managed to get in some exercise yesterday. Will do the same today.

Waves to all who stop by today~

Lana

270.0 today

• 2kellymike
    2kellymike Posts: 75 Member
    Hi Lana! We got rain like that yesterday too. Two inches in about 45 minutes! Have a happy day.
    Kelly
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,467 Member
    Welcome @2kellymike that would throw you off track. I got off track when I started a new job. Went from being on my feet and active for 8 hours to basically a sedentary job and workouts were cut way back due to work schedule. I’m still trying to get back into the groove but getting closer this past year.
  • LanaCabana537

Good morning all~

Just checking in. Lots to do today.....

Lana

270.4 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,374 Member
    Hello,

Most of my weekend was spent sleeping and boy did it make a difference.

Heat roller coaster again this week. It gets tiring. It is September. Hot stuff next 3 days or longer....

Not a lot of time to get things done for art/craft fair first week Dec. - except I can knit and crochet while watching soccer and listening to podcasts. Baby blanket/scrubbies/xmas tree decor.

Finally got outpatient obgyn procedure scheduled - seems I need an ekg. lt has been at least a decade since I had one. Will just have to find ways to work rewards in there. Days off from work - that cant be bad either. Finding someone to drive me (general anesthesia) may be the hardest thing.

Scale is hanging out where it likes to - but a shirt I bought almost 3 years ago did not fit but it does now.

Will take a seam ripper to the tulle fabric in my elf dress (too itchy). I have a couple of places I can wear the dress so not quite a loss of $$$.

Hello to 2kellymike!

Oh dear another long essay -

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.

Its early but I got stuck in doing my "to do list" and did not take a nap
  • LanaCabana537
    uarjdeguntgv.jpeg
    *** September 6 ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - Good luck with that procedure when it happens. Congrats on that shirt now fitting you! Keep up the good work 💛

I need to wake myself up - lots to do today, but I have no energy, as usual.

* ⛱️Cabana Boys are setting up for the Friday Happy Hour 🌴*

Lana

269.4 today
  • LanaCabana537
    dv4j951dq0w1.jpeg
    *** September 7 ***

Good morning all~

Just getting us started. BBL

Lana

271.0 today *grumble*
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 655 Member
    Lana, your friend sounds very smart! I eat a lot of the same things for the same reason—but then I get tired of them. Maybe putting more meals into the rotation would help.

I finally am back one the healthy eating wagon again, and hope to have a nice, long ride. Getting fit again will be easier if I weigh less; it’s that simple. But of course hard to execute.

Sara, sleeping well is so important, and I hope you can even through those awful hot days and nights.

I spent most of the day away from home, getting my pups groomed in SC. They both look great. And the house cleaners come Monday so I’m glad the dogs are deshedded.

TTFN.
  • 2kellymike
    2kellymike Posts: 75 Member
    Hi, just wanted to say I am still here! I really do like to log my intake; not sure why but it helps me. Mindfulness maybe. If I'm going to have to log it, or look it up, or put the ingredients into the recipe search, I do tend to think twice if it's worth it! A long time ago, when I was seeing a dietician regularly, she told me weight loss happens in the kitchen not the gym. Exercise is great and brings great benefits, but it really boils down to calories (carbs/protein/fat) in...
    Well, happy Saturday, y'all.
  • LanaCabana537
    8fyoitpf3q3q.png
    *** September 9 ***

Happy Sunday everyone~

Just starting us off. I am going to try to go back to bed and get another hour or so of sleep. 5 hours is not enough.....

BBL

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    45k1dl1y69pu.jpeg
    *** September 9 ***

Good morning everyone ☀️

I hope that y'all had a good weekend.

Today I must buy some chicken - there's no decent protein in the house, which leads to trouble.

Lana

269.2 today
  • BrigitReturns
    BrigitReturns Posts: 1 Member
    This is about my fifth account. Today is the first day in a while that I actually picked up weights again.
  • LanaCabana537
    5ix6u6iugslz.jpeg
    *** September 10 ***

I am grateful for another sunny day today.

Yesterday was not a good day, program-wise, and the scale tracked that for me. ✅

Time to jump into the shower. Waves to all who stop by later on~~

Lana

270.0 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

Trying to get back in the habit of posting.

Face hurts from sinuses. That time of year when a good rain/wind would do us good. Wont happen for awhile.

I refuse to decorate the workplace with Fall items until it stops being 100 or more.

Cottage cheese, blueberries and granola for dinner.

• mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 655 Member
    Good morning.

I’ve been logging faithfully this week—except for yesterday when I was so sick. I knew Monday I wouldn’t make it back to work on Tuesday. A fairly miserable day with a low-grade fever and chills and body aches. I woke at 1 am today and realized the chills and body aches were gone! Now I’m resting at home bc I was too uncomfortable to sleep yesterday and I’m exhausted, but on the mend.

I long to get back to some regular exercise—I’ve been too tired after having to return to work full time 4 weeks earlier than expected. I still don’t understand why I wasn’t given the half-time my surgeon wanted for me. Oh, well. Just hope I don’t
    get sick again.

Hows everyone else doing?
  • LanaCabana537
    902hx1rp3mg3.jpeg
    *** September 11 ***

Good morning all~

Aw, Sara - so sorry to hear about sinuses and face pain. That stinks. I hope that things change for you soon. Your dinner sounds really good!

Maureen - it is indeed awful that you are back at work too soon, with too much of a workload/hours per day. I understand about the "too tired" business. Sending big hugs 🤗

I did not get enough sleep last night. I'll figure out what to do that can make this day a win instead of a drag.....

*🌺 waving at Marcel for a refill on the coffee ☕️🌴*

Lana

270.2 today
  • LanaCabana537
    edited September 13
    63bf5ghvbly3.jpeg
    *** September 13 ***

Happy Friday everyone~~

It's hard to get going this morning when it is gloomy and raining ☔️

Time to get into the shower and then cook up the chicken thighs.

*🌴⛱️ the Boys are preparing the Special Happy Hour this afternoon at the Cabana Club 💃🏼🌴*

Lana

270.0 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

Took yesterday off so I could be part of the art/craft sale meeting at church. Got some good info and found out I was making pot scrubbers incorrectly (still not sure but I have a better idea).

Scale is not friendly. What that usually means is I have to get my butt off my chair and walk. Weather is not hot so walking will be easier.

OOOOHHH - Cabana party tonight??? Have not been in awhile. Maybe I can annoy my neighbor upstairs with some over the top 80's music. Rick Astley anyone??

Keep trucking and trying. Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    kgl70a2ms73g.jpeg
    *** September 14 ***

Good morning ☀️

Gloomy here. Gotta urge myself to get going with the day.....

Sara - I too must light a fire under my fanny and get some serious steps in. Thanks for the nudge.

* 🏖️ waving at Marcel for more coffee ☕️ 🌴 *

Lana

270.6 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Milder temps are seriously appreciated.

Had a facial this morning. I felt like serious zombie afterwards. Made sure to drink water today. The lady who gave me a facial was gifted a large turkey size container (the aluminum ones) full of a Korean snack which she shared - little football shaped rice paste goodies. Found out where the other Korean store is and I can get there, so new adventures!!

Monday our company is having a walk challenge for 4 weeks. I am signed up. Every set of steps adds up.

Food pantry at church tomorrow after sermon usually adds some good steps.