People/Things at the gym that piss you off?..

Options

Replies

• lunaflora
    lunaflora Posts: 8
    Options
    Look at my giant 2 gallon jug of water!
    Hydrate! Yes, but even a big bottle doesn't shout "Im so grindy i dont have 10 seconds to refill a proper bottle.

Ha Ha! I keep a one gallon jug with me always. I hate it when people bring it up. Like I carry it around to get attention or something. Too funny! Mind your own hydration.
  • lunaflora
    Options
    Generally just not following rules, especially when they are posted right in front of you. How hard is it to read a sign and follow directions?
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    Re-racking!!

I'm the 1st person to hit the Gym every day (Around 4am)

I spend just as much time taking weights off barbells and placing dumbbells back on racks as I do actually working out.

Got some real lazy *kitten*'s working out late at night.

The amount of Towels and drink bottles sprawled everywhere does my head in as well.

How the hell do so many people just forget to grab their *kitten* when they leave.

I should ask for wages :P
  • lunaflora
    Options
    All the excuses you hear from people about why they won't try this or that. All the "I'm not coordinated enough"s and the "I'll make mistakes."

You'll never get coordinated if you don't try, And who cares if you make mistakes, no one that matters is watching and judging you anyway.
  • ChallengeAccepted14
    Options
    ... I really only have ONE huge pet peeve....

There is usually a line for one of my group fitness classes (some of the classes have started handing out numbers...which I LOVE). I usually get there decently early (I understand some people can't, and sometimes I can't either).... BUT when I actually get a good spot, it REALLY annoys me when some little punk comes in LATE and stands right in front of me... causing me to move back, losing my view of the instructor.

Seriously... when I come in late I stand in the back (which really sucks... because I can barely see the instructor... I'm 5'2)... but, I do it! UGH.

Other than that.... meh.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I hate the dipsticks who complain about other people staring at what people do in the gym. If I want to meticulously observe someone's every movement at the gym and then post about it on forums, then I'm gonna do it and you better learn to deal with that. I pay $39.99 at the end of month for this membership, you little nitwit. Like I'm supposed to look up at the ceiling. Like there's not any mirrors on every damn wall in this joint. Like that chick ain't wearing the brightest booty-accentuating pants in the Lululemon line. Like that fat guy is not doing every cable machine exercise wrong. I'm gonna stare, stare, stare, and continue to post my observations on the internet. You stare and you judge too, you little sanctimonius dweeby apologist.

:drinker:
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    People who fart near me.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Old guys walking around naked in the locker room holding a conversation ewwwwww

This .
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    doing 5 reps and counting that as a set and taking 3 times as long to recover and go '*smile* oh sorry there did you want this??

The gym is probably the only time where I turn into a biiiiiiotch ;)
    DYEL?
    DYEL x2
    so wait a second. ive got 405 on the bar doing deadlifts..I hit it 5 times with perfect form and 2-1-4 range and you turn into a biotch cuz im giving my atp and glyco levels some time to catch up to the 3 scoops of jacked and hemavol I took?

DYEL x3

DYEL x 4
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    doing 5 reps and counting that as a set and taking 3 times as long to recover and go '*smile* oh sorry there did you want this??

The gym is probably the only time where I turn into a biiiiiiotch ;)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZSEbHUmxkJoMvzauoSZ1GGqD9QdgXaDICML1MrpWplKqIM9GN
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    It's time for this thread again? Already?

Odd.

My schedule doesn't have it until next Thursday.

Oh well.

In...to catch up later and skim through to see if there's anything new in this round.
  • yorkBailey
    Options
    When the men take over all the weight lifting equipment
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    When people stand talking not doing **** and still are "using" a piece of equipment.
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    When someone comes in with a huge ego..thinks they can lift more than they can handle and BAM Gym Failure!!
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    It's this thread again...
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Old guys walking around naked in the locker room holding a conversation ewwwwww

In 2.5 years you've only had 30 things you felt worth saying...and one of them is to complain about people changing in the changing room?
  • BrklynTico
    BrklynTico Posts: 143
    Options
    When someone comes in with a huge ego..thinks they can lift more than they can handle and BAM Gym Failure!!

Wait...that pisses you off? I love seeing that! As long as they don't get seriously injured, though.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    When people don't re-rack their weights, if you can put them on, you can take them off. I shouldn't have to unrack your bar before I can adjust the height and then load it up for myself.

When all the squat racks are being used for curling.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    When the men take over all the weight lifting equipment

Well it is OUR section.

<
    Cardio room is that way.
  • BunkyBumBum
    BunkyBumBum Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Pass gas in the very small weight area. I actually had to stop using weights because these sisters were always there at the time I was and one (or both) of them made the place stink so bad I couldn't breathe. Good for you for healthy eating, but seriously, YUCK.

Staring at the readout on my machine. Mind your own business, I'm not that interesting.

This is a big one, sitting your butt on a weight machine and proceeding to spend 15 minutes reading facebook, adjusting your music, or calling your BFF to tell her how you're at the gym working out. I HATE having to skip a machine because someone is using it as a chair, and I have a limited time to be at the gym (60 minutes of childcare) so when I go I want to get my routine done efficiently, not have to mess around on something else for a little while because your lazy butt thinks the shoulder press is a recliner.