NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    @teresaw1020 You rock with no chocolate cake tasting. Not even a sliver. How did your Jonah and the whale activity go?

@cbabie Good for you for getting on the treadmill. Sorry she stretched you so hard. But one day you'll get back full flexion and extension if you work hard. Mr Rogers was so boring. I grew up on Sesame Street and Electric Company. We used to watch Electric company in school to learn to sound out words. I still remember Morgan Freeman and Rita Morena saying SH IRT Shirt SH INE Shine. :)

@Trishastime I hope this is not my final hurrah. I'd like to have at least another 10 years of visits from Granny Flo but I doubt that's possible. I had to sit there a while and figure out what PFC meant. lol My mind was on KFC. :) Good for you on the daily 10000 steps. I'm averaging almost consistently 38-40C/40-42F/20P I doubt I'll ever raise my protein levels. The things I like for protein have too much fat in them. As long as I'm losing weight and my blood sugar numbers and blood pressure numbers are good, I'm okay with my ratios. I'm still working on adding in more fiber.

https://amazon.com/Bracoo-Compression-Arthritis-Injuries-Breathable/dp/B0711BTB9V/ref=sr_1_46?keywords=ankle+wrap&qid=1569477157&s=gateway&sr=8-46

I went and saw my friend in the hospital today. They moved her out of ICU and we could finally go visit. She had a major stroke. She can't talk at all. She's paralyzed on her right side. Of course she had to be right handed. That's usually how that works. It's such a wake up call to make sure we are doing everything in our power to stay healthy. No excuses. Let's all help keep each other accountable to following our programs.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    Morning all!
    Well my hand still hurt so bad yesterday, I was cranky and decided to take a pain pill and wear my brace to bed. It is better this morning, but I go to the Dr in a few minutes and then PT this afternoon..so we will see. LOL I didn't get on the treadmill yesterday. I am going to try before going to the Dr, but not sure I will have time.

@theslightedgeforever I forgot about Electric Company...I believe it went this way in my DD room...Sesame Street, Electric Company and then Mr Rodgers...my oldest one LOVED Mr Rodgers...It all started at 3 pm..my DH worked 2nd shift at Caterpillar and it was a good time for me to get the kitchen cleaned and housework done..LOL .

@TrishasTime I am sorry I was misleading..I wish I was ordained. I am working on that. I have one more year of school to get that done. That is what I put on hold for 6 months. I have been working on this it feels like forever. Even as old as I am, it's still something I want. My dad was an ordained minster and it has always just seemed where I was to be. I am so glad I live in the days that women can have goals like that. My DGD and I were talking about the rights of women, because I was telling her of a woman in the Bible that in those days, what we today think is normal, well those rights did not exist because of the culture and in parts of the world it's still that way. So don't take your freedom as a female for granted. :) . Okay, off my soapbox. Sorry, sometimes I feel the youth of today don't get their freedom.

Okay gotta get this day going..

Cbabie
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Hi all, back from dd. They liked the pumpkins we took to them & gson wanted to know when they could carve them, lol. Nope, have to wait a little while. It is a about a 7 hr car ride & I get bored & start munching on the snacks we have with us. Should pack healthier ones, I know.

@TeresaW1020 --good job on the chocolate cake! It is my favorite & would have been very hard to resist. Glad you are getting settled in your new house.

@cbabie--good job on the treadmill. Keep working your wrist. When I broke my arm, it was impossible to reach behind my back to hook my bra, but slowly got more movement & when I could finally do it again, I knew it was healed.

@theslightedgeforever --sorry about your friend, but glad she is out of ICU. When I worked in the nursing home, we had one lady that had had a stroke & was paralized on one side & couldn't talk. She & I would get so frustrated because she could not communicate what she needed. My exercise is walking & even tho my food choices aren't the best, I do get my 10,000 steps (or more) pretty consistently. Oh yeah--when you were talking about Granny Flo, it reminded my that my dd made me feel old the other day when she expressed concerns about maybe starting early menopause. I am not old enough to have a dd going thru that!! LOL

@joannadavison--good job with the loss!

@ Trishastime--I didn't know if you changed PFC it changed your calorie count. I keep trying to tweak my calorie amounts, but must not be doing enough to lose. I am like @theslightedgeforever , I want to eat as much as possible & still lose the weight. (don't we all!?) Good job with your walking.

I have been on treadmill this morning for 1/2 hr or so & have 5620 steps so far. I try to keep my heart rate in the zone that the American Heart Assn. says I should be for my age, so seem to have to stay pretty slow. But since I have been getting my steps more consistently, I have been able to up my speed slowly. Today at the top, I went 0.8 mph faster than I had been doing. Yay. Still pitifully slow in comparison to others, tho.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @cbabie, as I said, NO pressure to join my other group. The most that would really be expected of you is to do a weekly weigh-in. Everything else is up to you. Most people, myself included don't even do daily check-ins. If not this month then maybe later on. I understand about always saying yes. That is how I became the captain of this group in the first place! ;) Sorry that your hand has been hurting you so badly. :'(

@TrishasTime, That is great that you are able to get in that many steps! Good job on eating better too. Are you still doing intermittent fasting? :)

@theslightedgeforever, the Jonah and whale game was fun! It was the game duck, duck, goose. Only called fish, fish, whale and when you got out you had to go into the belly of the whale. The whale was a big black sheet spread over two chairs and had cut out googly eyes taped on him. The kids loved it! We named the whale Fred. B)

So very sorry about your friend! :'( Yes, we really do need to get healthy and if we are all friends then we will hold each other accountable. I’m so grateful for this group and how you hold us all accountable. <3

Today was a hard day for us. We found out that our associate pastor and his sweet wife are having a little boy but that he has a condition called Trisomy 13 which is a chromosomal condition that if she can even carry to term will be fatal within a few days to months. Rarely does a child survive and there is almost always severe physical and mental disabilities. Our hearts just break for this young couple who already have an incredible little 2-year-old and were so excited to be giving him a little brother. It's hard to know what to say or do but we are all praying for them. :'(

In other news, I did manage to lose a pound this month, which makes me happy considering how far off plan I went for most of the month as we moved into the new house. Hubby went and bought me a new treadmill that will be here next week. I'm excited to get back to working out on a consistent basis. And even though I didn't make it this month my goal is to still get my butt into Onderland. B)

• TeresaW1020
    Options
    Ohhhh and if any of you are wanting to join the challenge group Fit 2 Fat, here is the link. Just tell them when you sign up to put you in my group, Mission Slimpossibles. :)<3

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10766086/reinvent-yourself/p1?new=1
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone

Went off the wagon last night - all duly recorded and noted. At 2am this morning I am awake, trying to work out what set me off. I had a text from work re the application I support having issues and could I make time to login ( my immediate reaction - I am on holidays NO!! But I think it weighed heavily on me trying not to log on - hence off the wagon) I wonder if I was overseas, if they would have sent me a text.

@TeresaW1020 - I am so sorry to hear about the baby's condition. It must be devastating for them. I am pleased for your weight loss. Are you only weighing monthly now??

@retiredandlovingit - That is a long way to visit. Can you do something else in the car to keep your hands busy - knitting, crocheting, crossword puzzles? Glad they loved the pumpkins

@cbabie - Women's rights - yes we are far better off then even our own mothers, I just hope it our GGD have it much better than us.

@theslightedgeforever - I am sorry to hear about your friend, how distressful for her as well. I am following a lower carb count, but as I said - that went out the window last night

Hello to everyone else

Take care
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,914 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I don't have time to go back and read all the posts, I've got to get to work here soon. I'm back from my work trip. It was very, very tiring: walking all day, convention, work lunches, work dinners, evening work events, putting on the work face from 8am-9pm. Ugh! I'm glad I am back to "real" life! On another note, yesterday was my birthday and tonight is the first night of celebration: we are going to go to a fancy speakeasy (a secret bar). I can't wait, it should be fun! I missed you guys!!!

EMPOWERED.
    September goals: track 1 meal a day, drink 50 oz of liquids a day, lose 1 lb
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    On another note, yesterday was my birthday and tonight is the first night of celebration: we are going to go to a fancy speakeasy (a secret bar). I can't wait, it should be fun! I missed you guys!!!

fmi0qeiech73.jpg

• its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! I hope you have a great time!

Will be back to respond to everyone later!
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all,

This will be short, but trying to stay consistent in getting on here. I had Dr appt and PT yesterday and my wrist hurt so bad all night. I felt like I was going backwards in my healing. However, I am just going to keep pursuing stretching. I did get on the treadmill yesterday, but don't see it happening today. In fact I am very stressed right now...but dealing.

@TeresaW1020 I understand no pressure..LOL . So sorry to hear about your Pastor and his wife..I don't know what I would do. Congrats on getting the treadmill in a few..what a sweet DH.

@its_cleo hi as we pass by each other..LOL

@trooworld Happy Birthday...glad you enjoyed it, but always good to be home.

@TrishasTime Yea I had a job like that..after 30 years they let me go...I hope that doesn't happen to you and they realize what a gem they have in you. Yes agree on our GGD.

@RetiredAndLovingIt LOL yes I remember that milestone...that and putting my hair in a ponytail!! My DH just didn't have the touch. LOL

Cbabie
  • its_cleo
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Hi @cbabie *waves* I’m sorry about your wrist…is the pain normal? Have you talked to your doc and PT about it?
    @TrishasTime I hear you re falling off the wagon. I did that last weekend. Not much to do except try to learn and move on. Are you going on vacation again? Enjoy!

@TeresaW1020 I just joined! I’m looking forward to it. – That is so sad about the baby. What a tragic situation for them, so painful.

@Retiredandlovingit that is a long drive. That would kill me lol. If I don’t move every couple hours I’m in agony. My body just hurts. Long flights are a nightmare for me. --- That’s a great job on the treadmill!

@theslightedgeforever, so sorry about your friend. I have an older friend that has had a couple of strokes. He’s like a family friend…is it possible your friend can recover over time? I know with mine some of the worst symptoms improved like a year later.

You asked about exercises for your shoulders slumping forward….so that kind of poor posture was what got me started really on a health journey, bc in 2012 I had a herniated disk in my cervical spine from slumping too much. It happens due to poor/weak core, and poor/weak back.

In addition to rows you can do reverse flies. You can do them with soup cans at home. It’s a surprisingly tough exercise so small weights ie 3 lbs are fine. Even less if it is hard. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qxtBATXZeE

You can also do the superman exercise linked here. https://www.popworkouts.com/supermans-exercise/ Or band pullaparts below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OYSIWaJJk4

Band overhead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLiusl_hH1k Just the first movement she does. It doesn’t have to be a band you could use a scarf. The further apart your hands are the easier it is. Start gentle with it, try to keep your arms straight.

Rows are really really good though. I swear after I had the disk issue I feel like I did nothing but rows and some core exercises.

Well all, I’m ok better than earlier in the week. Not so anxious anyway. My weight is still up, not sure why possibly bc I have been exercising less. But I did go for a short run yesterday and I worked with trainer yesterday.
    Will try to pop back in tomorrow!
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Good day all - finally had a chance to check in - I have been so tired lately - really don't like this getting up at 5am - got to sleep in today to 6:45 but still dragging my butt - we are constantly on the go - got in a few walks this week, a jog, and 2 days of fitbod workouts - heading to my sons football game tonight at 7 - going out for supper before - cant see it being the healthiest but oh well -

@TeresaW1020 - Somewhat glad summer is over - was really looking forward to routine - but we are so busy right now, between junior football, senior football, volleyball and competitive gymnastics we are constantly on the go after school. I sent in a request to join the group - will give it a go - I am hoping October I can be more focused then Sept - I really haven't made any progess this month

@TrishasTime Wait to go on getting the steps in

@trooworld Happy belated birthday

And hope everyone is doing well.
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Good morning everyone

@trooworld - Happy birthday? How was the meal? Yes going away for work is extremely tiring. I opt out and tell them the younger ones need the experience now

@renaegry - I am in awe on how much you are on the run and how much you do in 24 hours. I hope your children really do appreciate it. :)

@its_cleo _ I am glad you are less anxious. Your weight is only reacting to the current situation - it will go down soon.

@cbabie - I feel you. My hand therapist used to put my hand in melted wax before stretching. The heat really sunk in and made it so much better to bear. Can you get a heat bag on before you do stretches?

@teresaw1020 and @theslightedgeforever - Hope everything is going well with you both

Today is Saturday and the cleaner is coming shortly. Everyone has to clear out or get locked in their office. I am raking the dogs for another walk.

Take care
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Quick check in here: I stayed OP today and did 30 min of exercise.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all.

I had a ah ha moment this morning. I realize why my hand hurts so much...we got all that rain and we also turned off the air and turned on our evap cooler. So there is lots of moisture in the air (in my house) . So now that I know, I am not as anxious about it. Doesn't take the hurt, but it does put peace in my spirit as I know that its not something wrong..lol . I am not doing so well on food since I went off the fast..so still working on getting that in place...LOL

@theslightedgeforever good job on staying OP

@TrishasTime Yes I can put heat on it..I have a little bag I heat up in the microwave...It just has hurt differently in the last week, but now that I know why...LOL I can work on that. Thank you for your support.

@its_cleo LOL I thought you were showing us you working out when I saw the first video. Thanks for posting those..that's why each person on here is so important. We each have something that can help someone else here and vice versa. :) . Glad you are here.

Cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    edited September 2019
    Options
    @cbabie, that is good news that you realized what was making your hand hurt so much. Hopefully, with the fall weather, it will start to feel better. Why don't you go back to fasting? I know you did it for spiritual reasons but doing it for health reasons and weight control might be a good idea too. ;)

@its_cleo, those are great workout videos! Do you have others you recommend? I’m going to start incorporating some YouTube workouts and strength training with my treadmill workout. Just as soon as I get my workout room ready! So happy you joined Fat 2 Fit!! :)

@renaegry, wow you really do have a lot going on! Hopefully, you will be able to slow down just enough to focus on yourself a bit more and get the progress you are wanting. :)

Good morning! Today is going to be another day spent working in the house. I have talked hubby into rearranging the living room and hanging up the rest of the pictures and mirrors. He tires out easily, so I have to get him when he is feeling energized. Fortunately, we both slept late this morning and should have a good day. We went out to dinner last night with our pastor and his wife. She was our real estate agent for both houses and we wanted to thank her for being so awesome. Plus, we just love hanging out together. I did pretty well with what I ate and my weight didn’t budge so I was happy about that. Have a good day everyone! :)
  • its_cleo
    Options
    @cbabie lol nope not me. I wish I was that fit!

@Teresa1020 thanks I'm looking forward to the challenge. The exercises- those were some simple ones for posture and shoulder mobility. I know a lot from my trainer. What are you interested in?

I could dig out my starter core routines that can be done at home. I also know a lot of exercises with stability ball.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday all! Checking in to see how everyone is doing! Been going nonstop between Church functions (crew season), main job and part time job AND going to the gym when I have free time. One major accomplishment this week was repainting the bathroom. Just have to do a second coat and put it back together. lis1fnn8cg1w.jpeg
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Good morning everyone

Yesterday was a bad day calorie wise and the scale showed its displeasure this morning. Intend to fast until dinner.

@gemwolf110 - You seem so busy, but happy. Good for you for moving forward in the life you want

@its_cleo - How is going - nice to have some friends in the new challenge

@cbabie - i am so glad you worked it out - I was getting concerned. Thinking about want @TeresaW1020 mentioned, perhaps it may be helpful to incorporate some regular fasting in your schedule

@TeresaW1020 - Glad you are settling in your new home

Take care
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @cbabie So how was the dr visit. I hope he gave you a good report. Did you find some time for the treadmill? Or take the baby outside for a stroll around the block.

@retiredandlovingit Glad the grandkids enjoyed the pumpkins. Car rides and snacks: Yeah, healthy ones doesn't seem to help that ride go faster for some reason like the others do. lol All we can do is just try to keep moving forward on that issue.

@teresaw1020 Sorry to hear about your associate pastor's family. That's tough. A lb gone is a lb gone. So let's work on October and make it more. I went to a party on Friday night and we played a similar game to musical chairs only one person stood in the middle and you had to say Mail Call for anyone who.................. for instance I said, has had surgery. Then everyone that has had surgery had to go find another chair including the one in the middle. Lot's of scrambling. Good calorie burner for 30 min. I sat on at least 4 laps. Thinking up things were hard at times. I'm just glad it didn't have to be true about me. :)

@trishastime You had just a small blip in the road. Mistakes happen. So I hope you are back to it now. As I'm reading on my current 100 day book, give yourself credit for all the things you do right every day on this journey.

@trooworld Happy Birthday. A speakeasy....makes me want to dress up in vintage clothes. Back to your routine and thinking about October goals. I have to think about what I want to add in for my Oct goals.

@its_cleo How goes the eating this week and the cooking classes? My friend will be moved into a rehab center soon. I'm hoping by next year she'll be good as new. I told her it's going to take lots of hard work and she has to put in the work no matter what. Thanks for the exercises. I'll add them into my routine. I'm fortunate to have all the gym equipment I need, just wasn't able to buy that motivation/consistency package with it. lol

@renaegry Yeah, I have to get up at 5:15 every morning. The older I get the less good sleep I seem to get at night. So make the best choices you can at the restaurants or maybe just eat half of things you have no control over.

@gemwolf110 Your house is coming together nicely. You've been busy. On the days you can't make it to the gym, are you finding the time for some walks?

I'm still doing fine on my carb cycling. I went to a party on Friday and made good choices and still stayed within my boundaries. I did a 15 min Leslie Sansone video right before I left. This month is slow going as far as the weight loss though. But I will not let it deter me because I'm still down a couple of lbs from Sept 1. I'm learning lots of new skills regarding eating. This was my I give myself credit list yesterday.

doing 15 min of Leslie Sansone before the party
    bringing my own sweetener
    only having equivalent of one piece of dessert
    counting out my carbs I've eaten today to see if I could have that one piece of choc
    not eating everything on the table. I chose carefully
    not eating standing up
    eating dessert slowly so I wouldn't go back and have more
    eating no nuts sitting in front of me
    saying no the first time to chocolate