NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone

Sunday here :) Slept in until 6.30am. Yesterday had unplanned event and did not choose wisely. I have washed the bamboo sheets and they are now on the bed. I will let you know how it goes. I need to get on and start doing some meal planning for next week and then go and do a shop (yuk)

@cbabie _ Aren't they so funny? Are you planing on getting on the treadmill soon or are you just happy to hang outside with GGD?

@trooworld - You seem to be making better choices than this 3 months ago. Is there such a thing as low carb chips? Atkins (which I imagine is over there) have alot of snacks you could pick up that is low carb

Hope everyone else is doing well

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    @joannadavison Glad to hear you are feeling better and back on track.

@its_cleo Sorry to hear about your uncle. I gained 15 lbs when my mom was diagnosed. Looking back all my stress eating did nothing to help her cancer. So keep doing Teresa's challenge as a reminder of activities for good health.

@trishastime The bamboo sheets haven't made it to my neck of the woods. I have heard of bamboo kitchen utensils.

@trooworld Sounds like you are making good choices when you run into a food situation beyond your control.

@cbabie Aren't mornings without others around the best thing. I'm glad to see you are having fun with your GGD.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trishastime So replay the unplanned event in your mind and see what you would have done differently. What you would have told yourself at the time. This is a stage rehearsal for next time.

Another OP day. I did 30 min walking in the mall with dh. This next week will be an extremely social week for me. I have 2 morning and 3 evening events. Plus a dr app for mil thrown in for good measure. I'm just going to take them day by day.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @its_cleo, so very sorry about the news of your uncle. We are here for you whenever you feel like posting. <3

@joannadavison, I hope you are feeling better! <3

@theslightedgefover, I really liked what you said to trooworld about our thoughts and how we will justify eating something we know is NOT on our plan and won’t be good for us. I watched this TED talk last night that fits right into what you said. Check it out! :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxJVbzdf5gI

@trooworld, good job sticking to your plan at work! Do you like pork rinds? I love the spicy ones dipped in guacamole. Soooo good!! Yes, menopause definitely changed my sleep. :# I take 10 mg of Melatonin and a sleep aid most nights. I’m doing good if I can get at least 6 hours of sleep.

@cbabie, I am so happy you are enjoying your grandbaby so much! That age is both frustrating and magical. My sister has a very difficult and stressful life and she is helping to raise her now 18-month granddaughter and 5-year-old grandson. Your post often reminds me of her. <3

Good morning! Well, we didn’t get the fence because the company we had originally choose and then canceled didn’t get that information. It was quite comical and a bummer because we were really excited about our new backyard. It will happen eventually! :D I went to the bridal shower yesterday and did pretty good with my food choices. I wish I had read @theslightedgeforever post to @trooworld first and that TED talk I just posted above and I would have done even better. Today is the potluck and I am determined to do great. The theme for the potluck is “bring your favorite apps” I bringing hard salami, cheese, and pork rinds. I WILL NOT be visiting the dessert table or loading up on any high carb foods. I have a very busy day today and was worried about getting my workout in, sooooo I got up at 6:30 and banged out my 30-minute cardio video. Who the heck am I??? :oB)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    Good morning gals! Yesterday was a good day but I went over my carbs by 30 grams, all in good foods not sugary or unplanned foods, so I'm not too upset. I'm leaning towards a loss tomorrow which is good news! Today, I meal prep. My husband is currently refusing to help me cook but hopefully, he will help me because it will be overwhelming to cook all of this today. Here is what I am cooking:
    • Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Skillet
    • Keto Alfredo Chicken Bake
    • Keto Chicken and Cauliflower Cheese Bake
    • Low Carb Creamy Balsamic Chicken with Sundried Tomatoes
    • Low Carb Tuscan Style Sausage Skillet

@cbabie Your morning sounds peaceful. Did you get on the treadmill? Read the paper and have coffee? What did you do? Thanks for your support, it means a lot! This IS my month lol.

@TrishasTime It is Sunday here, now, and coincidentally, I woke up at 6:30 as well lol. Yes, I am making better choices. There are pork rinds, but I don't like them. I haven't found another low carb chip, and maybe it is best that I don't lol.

@theslightedgeforever I am, I am staying strong. Thanks for your support. Much appreciated.

@TeresaW1020 Unfortunately I do not like pork rinds. My husband loves them, though. I will try melatonin, I have not tried it yet, thanks! That's great that you can bring your own appetizer to the potluck today, at least you know you can eat THAT. Great job getting up early for your workout, woot woot!!!

EMPOWERED.
    October goals: track 3 days a week, drink 50 oz of liquids a day, ride the stationary bike 3 times a week, lose 1 lb
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    Morning! I had a horrible night last night. My wrist and legs ached all night...woke DH up crying...oh well..life is life sometimes. I am outside listening to my favorite mix of worship songs..

@TeresaW1020 Yep I am sure your sister and I are similar since you and I are...LOL I am sure you will do well today!

@TrishasTime I plan to get on the treadmill, but I need to get to make the plan..LOL I have to do some shopping and meal planning today too...baby is eating different foods now..LOL

@theslightedgeforever our mom made us morning people..LOL

cbabie
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Good day. Got on the treadmill today and watched another episode of Bosch. Did 2.83 miles burning 340 cals in 45 min. Jaw is still killing me. Advil isn’t even doing the job like it used too. Can’t wait for acupuncture on Wed. At least I know that worked the last time. Been struggling with this for over a year. Had relief for 4 months. Think I am going to have to make a point of doing monthly acupuncture and tmj massage to stay on top of it.

@TrishasTime that’s a crazy amount of time for IF. I have trouble doing 12 hours. Lol

@trooworld I would love to have your weather. Lately barely been hitting double digits in Celsius and been very windy.

@joannadavison tmj is trouble with your jaw. It has to do with the muscles at the joint. Very painful since there are so many nerves running thru. Gives aweful jaw pain headache teeth hurt. Pain in my temple. Not fun.
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Good morning everyone

@renaegry - Most of my IF is sleeping and I tend to keep myself busy in the morning. I hope you get some relief soon. Good for you for getting on the treadmill despite being pain

@cbabie - I find if Ikeep something heavy over my legs, they do not tend to hurt. Maybe that will help

@trooworld - where did you get the keto recipes - do you just google or are you in a recipe club. Fingers crossed for your loss

@teresaw1020 - Well done for fitting in your cardio - How does salami cheese and pork rinds fffit into your favourite apps?

@thelsightedgeforever - My rehearsal for next time is to have better foods on hand.

Well the scales accurately reflected my eating pattern this week, a well deserved gain. I keep on going down to the same number and then going up - need to think about what is causing the problem

Take care
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hello gals, good morning. I did lose weight this past week: 2.2 lbs, which is a nice amount! I didn't get all the meal prep done I had hoped, I was feeling lazy. The only meal prep that got done was what my hubby ended up doing (3 dishes). I really need to do some of it on Saturdays so that this doesn't happen.

@cbabie I'm so sorry you had a horrible, painful night. Does it help to ice it?

@renaegry I do twice monthly acupuncture to stay on top of things...I find things don't get out of hand if I do that. I get acupuncture for my knees and my back. Oh my, it's been so long since I've been in that cold of weather that I am having trouble picturing it lol.

@TrishasTime Usually I just google them, but these particular recipes I got out of the Carb Manager app. They have recipes that users have rated, so I chose highly rated recipes to try. I hope you have a better week this week.

EMPOWERED.
    October goals: track 3 days a week, drink 50 oz of liquids a day, ride the stationary bike 3 times a week, lose 1 lb
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Sorry missed so many posts.
    Busy weekend sorting/helping with family issues. Food not good at weekend- eldest was on parade at an event. Chips at a fun fair that followed. Niece slept over (pizza & ice cream) then we drove to airport ( 2.5 hours away) to pick her Mum up (family emergency) so service station food- we have no healthy choices.
    Hoping a better week & routine.
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Good morning everyone

Yesterday - I did not have a diet soda or any soda - I feel abit lethargic but I will image that will pass. I went outside at lunch to read and eat my lunch and the sprinkles came on. We have a ban from sprinklers being used between 9am to 6pm. The company that I work for is the utility that controls that (someone will be in trouble)

@joannadavison - Hope the family issues get sorted out soon and you can return to your normal routine

@trooworld - thanks for the tips re receipes

@renaegry - I am glad that you have something that will work for you

Take care
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @teresaw1020 Thanks, I'll check it out. Look at you being an early riser and getting in your workout ahead of time. Woohoo!

@trooworld Give yourself credit for the food prep that you did do. I don't like pork rinds either. My mother loved them though and everytime I hear the word I think of her. Are you still riding your bike? Woohoo on the great weight loss.

@cbabie Sorry you had such a painful night. Do you know what caused it? Have you tried pressure stockings. They really help me when my legs ache at night. You would have to figure out the proper size. https://amazon.com/MEJORMEN-Compression-Stockings-30-40mmHg-Pregnancy/dp/B07CZGRGDY/ref=sr_1_24?crid=2DRNTHPC73IM4&dchild=1&keywords=pressure%2Bstockings%2Bfor%2Bwomen&psc=1&qid=1570513540&sprefix=pressure%2Bstockings%2Caps%2C629&sr=8-24&th=1

@renaegry Sorry to hear you are still in pain too. But you got in your exercise and that's a good thing. Oh I remember the pain in the temple thing. Like having someone take an icepick and jab it into the temple area.

@trishastime So you know what doesn't work for you now. In the past I have had the same problem with hitting a certain number and then going back up. This time I'm going past it. I've been visualizing the numbers are mile markers along the highway. That certain number is my exit and this time I'm not going to get off at that exit but I'm going to drive right by it and keep heading down the highway. Pinterest has loads of keto recipes.

@joannadavison So imagine this weekend was a script and you've been asked to do a rewrite. You are the main character. What would you have your character do instead? at the parade? at the fun fair? Niece stayed over? stopping at the service station? Besides don't eat any of the food, what are other choices available to the character?

Another two good days of being OP. I went over by 1 carb on Sunday. I went to a neighbor's house. She's an older lady and a bunch of us neighbors had made a plan to stop by and bring food. She was recently diagnosed with cancer and is on chemo. I forgot to add in the half piece of cake that I ate and then went home and ate me a piece of cornbread that I made earlier. I was starving since I had purposely eaten light all day because I didn't know what other people would be bringing. Had I realized I forgot to log the cake then I would have had 3/4 a piece of cornbread. But I give myself credit for logging in everything and making a conscious decision to eat it believing I still had the carbs left. Then today I spent way too much time at the clinic and urgent care with my mil. Congestive heart failure. But I already knew that. We did find out she has too much lactic acid in her blood. I had only eaten two meals and was needing food. Dh decides McD's is close. So I ended up getting a small bag of fries and still stayed under 100 carbs since today was a red day. Those fries sure were good. It's been a long time since I had those. I did make a nice beet and feta salad with walnuts. That was better than I thought it would be. Onto tomorrow.....another red day.

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @trooworld, I think you might find melatonin helpful. Start with a lower dose first and see if that works for you. Also, make sure to take it 15 minutes before going to bed. If you take it and push past the wave of sleepiness the effect of it won’t be as good. Also, it can give you some really wild dreams. I think that part is fun! Yayyyy for the 2.2 weight loss!! B)

@cbabie, ahhhh you poor thing! So sorry you are in so much pain so much of the time. <3

@renaegry, good workout! I get my new treadmill tomorrow and I can’t wait to get back to walking on it again. I sure hope the acupuncture will give you some relief from the pain. :)

@TrishasTime, my weight keeps fluctuating up and down too. It gets soooo frustrating, doesn’t it? I LOVE salami and cheese, so it fits into my favorite appetizer very well. I didn’t bring much back home so everyone at the dinner also really liked it. :)

@theslightedgeforever, cake, and fries!! Girl, I need to do your eating plan. :D My pastor’s favorite food on the planet is McD’s fries. I told the staff that for pastor appreciation we should just get him a Mcdonald's gift card. :D

Good morning! :) I got up at 6:30 to do my workout. Today’s video was Plyometrics which has a whole lot of jumping in it. Well, my left knee doesn’t jump so I had to watch the woman who modifies the exercises. I probably won’t do that one again until I’m much fitter! ;) Yesterday, I had a friend who I hadn’t seen in a couple of years come to town and take me to lunch. I had the grilled chicken salad but made the unwise choice to eat every single candied pecan in the salad. Today, I’m driving an hour to meet an online friend who runs a Christian weight loss group that I'm part of for lunch. We are going to Jason’s Deli and I’m determined to make good choices. I really need these eating events to stop! :# I’m much stricter when I eat the foods I cook at home. Have a great day everyone! :)
  • trooworld
    Options
    Morning gals. Yesterday was someone's birthday at work. There was unplanned food of all sorts, lots of landmines. The only thing I touched was a keto-friendly dessert made with Stevia, mascarpone cheese, heavy whipping cream, and berries. Who am I? lol There is another celebration tomorrow, a bigger celebration. I am mentally preparing myself now.

@joannadavison Some weeks are like that. I hope this week is better for you. ((( HUGS )))

@TrishasTime Are you trying to abstain from diet soda/soda? For the caffeine or for another reason? Congrats on day one! Sorry it sprinkled on you. I like to read on my lunch, too.

@theslightedgeforever Actually, hubby did the meal prep. I didn't do a lick. I made one meal (last night) and that is okay. I am riding my bike 3 times a week. I'm sorry about your MIL, but at least now that she has a diagnosis, she can get good care. Your salad sounds yummy. I've had a similar salad, we like to put a vinaigrette on it that has a bit of orange juice in it. I know that probably sounds yucky to you, but it's delicious.

EMPOWERED.
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Good morning everyone

@theslightedgeforever - I am glad you got some more light on MIL health, I hope they can do something for this. I just wanted to add you are doing so well, making your own corn bread etc.

@trooworld - How did you get away with the meal prep? Good on you for choosing the food that suited you. I was drinking more and more diet soda each day and it was becoming over the top. I found that even drinking diet soda kinda triggers me wanting more sugar, so I am limiting it by only having one can every 2nd or 3rd day.

@TeresaW1020 - My goodness - you are a very busy lady. Are you liking the beach body workout overall.

I sat outside for lunch and read, I am finding that it calms me. The low carb lunches fill me, so I am not grazing on sweets. I am taking mini walks every 40 min (unless in a meeting). The upside of that is that my body is not hurting like it was when I did not take mini walks. Just trying to find out what works for me now

Take care
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited October 2019
    Options
    @teresaw1020 The thing I love most about my plan is that I only have to say no for now and not no forever. Plus it's flexible enough that I can work smaller portions of food into my life. Yaaay on the new treadmill. I loved that Ted Talk you shared yesterday. If you are like me, the eating events will never stop because we are such social creatures. So I'm learning to manage the events. I try and imagine what will be available for food and get the carb counts on that and then plan the rest of the day around that. I live for green days on Thursday and Saturday. woohoo on another successful morning exercise appointment with yourself.

@trooworld Good for you for sticking with your plan at the office. I feel like I'm in a bunch of strangers with the new you and Teresa. :wink: I'm a new person too as I've never been this consistent for this long. No the orange vinagrette sounds good. I could probably take a little bit but if I drink even 1/2 c of orange juice I get heartburn.

@trishastime I'm down to 1-2 cans a week now of Diet Coke. Depends if I go out to a restaurant or not. That's great that you have found a program to meet your needs. Especially the walking part to keep away the pain.

I made a yummy pizza today which I can say I only ate one piece of and had the rest of the beet salad. I cut the piece in two so I could pretend I was having two pieces. That worked. That's how I have changed. Normally I would eat 3 full size pieces and no salad. I'm so glad today was a rest day as I was dragging. Plus I'm trying to finish my bookclub book. Tomorrow a friend is coming over so I've got to be careful on my plan. The battery on my scale is low and I can't weigh. There's a screw on the battery cover I can't get off. Dh is having trouble with it too. It's like Fort Knox. I hate not weighing in everyday. Feels like I'm driving blind. If I can't figure it out by tomorrow, I'm breaking off the cover with a screwdriver and will jerry-rig a cover to keep the batteries inside. lol Patience is not my forte. Plan B will be to go buy a new scale. lol
  • trooworld
    Options
    Morning gals! I ended up not going to work yesterday--- I wasn't feeling well. I think I'm feeling better this morning and will go today and face that unplanned food for the birthday celebration. I will stay strong. Eating has been good and I've been tracking. I was scheduled to ride the bike yesterday but that didn't happen because of feeling sick. I hope to ride today.

@TrishasTime Do you mean how did it go? Or how did I not do it? I didn't do it because I usually do meal prep in the morning on Sunday and this past Sunday, I went to a friend's house to drop something off instead. By the time I got back, the laziness had set in and it was getting hot in the condo. It was too late. Next week, I will try to do some meal prep on Saturday as well as Sunday. That's good that you figured that out about diet soda, wtg! I really noticed yesterday while laying around on the couch how stiff my body gets when I don't get up and move around. It's good you get up and take a walk every 40 minutes. Maybe I'll try that.

@theslightedgeforever Hahaha! You are doing great, you are a real role model for the rest of us, slight. I get the heartburn thing...orange juice is very acidic. That was a great plan for the pizza! :) WTG! Who puts a screw over a battery like that? What a dumb idea. I'd break it, too. The scale like Teresa and I have is only $27 on Amazon and doesn't have a screw, I don't think, so if you break yours, go get one of those. ;)

EMPOWERED.
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    @Trishastime we stopped buying diet soda- eldest & I drinking way too much diet coke. Instead we've splurged on an expensive brand of bottled water because it's soooooo good. It's cheaper than even special offer diet coke so we decided the cost was worth it. We've also started buying "cold brew" 'tea' bags- not actually tea but they flavour the water- my favourites are Tetley peach & blood orange and Twinnings rose lemonade.
    Reading- works for me too. I tend to do it before I get up to stop my mind racing & stressing. Plus calm before bed. We also promote "Drop everything & read" programme in school- Tutor & tutor group silently read for 20 mins book of their choice - lovely calm oasis in the day!

@theslightedgeforever you are so good at visualising ideas. Sometimes you've got to have the cake! Hope your MiL OK??? This is one of the problems we've had- FiL heart history & it's been affected by a number of infections which has had him in & out of hospital due to complications. Then cousin's previous ex- (who their son lives with abroad) had a stroke- so we were chauffeuring her to airport & helping out with niece. Easier to grab the McDs or Burger King- I do hate British Motorway Services- we used to have "proper" cafe/restaurants but almost all are now McD, BK, with Starbucks or Costa coffee- a few Greggs (bakers famous for high fat pasties & sausage rolls but now do a few healthier choices) & if you're lucky- Subway! We normally take our own food!
    I must scroll back & find the TED talk! Hope you get scales sorted. I'm not getting weighed until my trousers not so tight- just do not want to know!

@Trooworld that Keto-desert sounds amazing. Personally I can't do cream (gave it up years ago for cholesterol) but in cooking when it's not so obvious-mmmmmm!
    Hope you feel better soon. Don't make my mistake & eat yourself better. I've craved carbs!

@TeresaW1020 sounds crazy busy but a good day.

In cafe attached to gym enjoying well earned latte.
    Had good chat with trainer about my dire mindset while I've been ill with very bad cold & highly busy with family stuff. I know I craved carbs- sugary things & starch (massive jacket potatoes, bread, toast etc etc). I feel physically awful now but all I can do is get back on plan & exercise. If I'm focussed the XS will drop off & I'll be back to my 1 stone before 7th Dec again.
    Today's session was hard as I'm still not 100% and am feeling tired but those wonderful endorphins are buzzing around now so at least I'm feeling positive. Part time at work today- achieved a lot in short time - another plus.
    Hoping I'm on an upward mindset boost.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    Afternoon,

I am popping in to say hi and I will catch up on personals later. I had therapy yesterday and I got the hard stretcher tech..LOL . but that is good as I can't go the rest of the week. She told me its still stiff, but really looking good. It's mostly now about trying to use it normally. I am watching "veggie tales" a christimas one..DGGD is in awe..she is so dang cute and full of life. God's special gift to me.

I will come back later and catch up on personals...I skimmed really quick. LOL

Cbabie
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Goodmorning everyone

@joannadavison - You raise a good point, when you are doing low carb, there is a lot of cream. I have been wondering the effect on my cholesterol @trooworld - what are your thoughts

@theslightedgeforever - You seem to have got this down pat. when you say "I only have to say no for now and not no forever" does that mean it is a delay of the what you want (Thursday, Saturday) rather than go back to another type of eating?

@cbabie - I am glad your DGGD bring such joy to you.

@trooworld - I am glad you are feeling better. Good idea to spread the load of the meal prep over 2 days

I sat out in the sunshine yesterday and the sprinklers came on again. This time I sent an email to the Manager in charge of maintenance who now assures me it will not go on again at lunch time. Eating is good, scales are moving in the right direction

Take care