NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone

Yesterday was a bad day calorie wise and the scale showed its displeasure this morning. Intend to fast until dinner.

@gemwolf110 - You seem so busy, but happy. Good for you for moving forward in the life you want

@its_cleo - How is going - nice to have some friends in the new challenge

@cbabie - i am so glad you worked it out - I was getting concerned. Thinking about want @TeresaW1020 mentioned, perhaps it may be helpful to incorporate some regular fasting in your schedule

@TeresaW1020 - Glad you are settling in your new home

Take care

It sure does seem like I am lol. It’s all a process getting there slowly. Gotta keep positive and let the stuff that doesn’t matter go.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    @cbabie So how was the dr visit. I hope he gave you a good report. Did you find some time for the treadmill? Or take the baby outside for a stroll around the block.

@retiredandlovingit Glad the grandkids enjoyed the pumpkins. Car rides and snacks: Yeah, healthy ones doesn't seem to help that ride go faster for some reason like the others do. lol All we can do is just try to keep moving forward on that issue.

@teresaw1020 Sorry to hear about your associate pastor's family. That's tough. A lb gone is a lb gone. So let's work on October and make it more. I went to a party on Friday night and we played a similar game to musical chairs only one person stood in the middle and you had to say Mail Call for anyone who.................. for instance I said, has had surgery. Then everyone that has had surgery had to go find another chair including the one in the middle. Lot's of scrambling. Good calorie burner for 30 min. I sat on at least 4 laps. Thinking up things were hard at times. I'm just glad it didn't have to be true about me. :)

@trishastime You had just a small blip in the road. Mistakes happen. So I hope you are back to it now. As I'm reading on my current 100 day book, give yourself credit for all the things you do right every day on this journey.

@trooworld Happy Birthday. A speakeasy....makes me want to dress up in vintage clothes. Back to your routine and thinking about October goals. I have to think about what I want to add in for my Oct goals.

@its_cleo How goes the eating this week and the cooking classes? My friend will be moved into a rehab center soon. I'm hoping by next year she'll be good as new. I told her it's going to take lots of hard work and she has to put in the work no matter what. Thanks for the exercises. I'll add them into my routine. I'm fortunate to have all the gym equipment I need, just wasn't able to buy that motivation/consistency package with it. lol

@renaegry Yeah, I have to get up at 5:15 every morning. The older I get the less good sleep I seem to get at night. So make the best choices you can at the restaurants or maybe just eat half of things you have no control over.

@gemwolf110 Your house is coming together nicely. You've been busy. On the days you can't make it to the gym, are you finding the time for some walks?

I'm still doing fine on my carb cycling. I went to a party on Friday and made good choices and still stayed within my boundaries. I did a 15 min Leslie Sansone video right before I left. This month is slow going as far as the weight loss though. But I will not let it deter me because I'm still down a couple of lbs from Sept 1. I'm learning lots of new skills regarding eating. This was my I give myself credit list yesterday.

doing 15 min of Leslie Sansone before the party
    bringing my own sweetener
    only having equivalent of one piece of dessert
    counting out my carbs I've eaten today to see if I could have that one piece of choc
    not eating everything on the table. I chose carefully
    not eating standing up
    eating dessert slowly so I wouldn't go back and have more
    eating no nuts sitting in front of me
    saying no the first time to chocolate

That is awesome!!! I’ve been struggling lately with the will power to say no to some things. I’m a work in progress lol.

Thank you, it’s coming along. I’m going to do one project at a time. As for walks not as much as I had hoped. This week will be better. Vet appointments are done with so it’s not trying to schedule all of those in. Can’t take them all at once. They get way too excited and feed off of each other. Well I gotta get going. Heading off to Church.
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @gemwolf110 that bathroom looks great! I really envy you being so handy. I painted a living room once but it was a long time ago. I don’t think I could do it now.

@TrishasTime yeah this week was not good for me on calories either. Weight still up. Oh well, I just try again.

@theslightedgeforever yeah motivation is different. Mine comes and goes, with exercise. All the best to your friend. It sounds like you did great at that party.

@TeresaW1020 glad the house is coming along.

Well I had another bad week with calories, just ate too much. A couple of days I had fish and then I don’t find it filling so it backfires on me and I eat too much other stuff. I was over approx 100 a day I think, but it adds up. So yep my weight is up. I also can’t exercise as much as I was bc of this work project. But I’m still doing some.
    One good news was I did reduce my drinking in September, so I’m happy about that.

In other news, I’ve had the same computer/stereo speakers for 20 yrs and a couple weeks ago they finally broke, so yesterday I hunted around for some new ones. I hate having to buy electronics. It’s different than it was 20 yrs ago lol. I especially hate having to buy it online, but the stores pretty much have nothing now.

Today I’m doing some groceries, going to make a beef roast. Then doing the stairs. Also trying to plot out meals and exercise for the week.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

I have to make this short, I have to get ready for church. I didn't get on the treadmill yesterday, but did take the baby for a walk in the stroller. She loves being outside and fights me when I AM READY to come in..LOL . I am considering the fasting yes. It really did work for me..

@its_cleo Congrats on reducing the drinking..I always had trouble eating my calories in liquid form. I want to chew..LOL . But I do drink a protein shake...finally gave into that. Yea I mostly shop online these days too!!

@TrishasTime One day off the wagon is not going to detour you from your goals. You got this!!! I think fasting is most likely good for me..LOL

@TeresaW1020 So glad you and DH are working together to put your house the way you both like it..I am going to a new church today..gotta find a home!!!

@gemwolf110 I enjoy seeing your home projects. I can't do those right now, so I will live through yours!! LOL . I did clean one row of my closet out..got rid of 35 shirts that I have worn but hated..why keep clothes that you hate and feel yucky in!

@theslightedgeforever Dr report was good...it's healing well and he isn't approving anymore PT. I have 8 sessions left and then it's on me to stretch!! Keep up on your goals...you got this

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,884 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Thank you!!! I hope you get all the pictures hung up.

@its_cleo Thank you, had a great time!

@cbabie Thank you, I'm sorry you are hurting. I've heard that sometimes when in physical therapy, you will hurt while in physical therapy before healing. I hope that is the case for you. Yes, good to be home. I see now that you figured out why your hand hurts so much. I'm glad you figured that out.

@renaegry Thanks! :)

@TrishasTime We went for drinks and then hubby and I went for dinner at a Russian/Georgian restaurant. Both experiences were really good. That's a good excuse to not travel for work! :)

@gemwolf110 That's a pretty color, I like your bathroom.

@theslightedgeforever Yes, it was fun. Fancy. Yes, thinking of October goals now.

Hello all. I've been really busy, yesterday we were at my in-law's house celebrating both my birthday and my mother-in-law's birthday. The speakeasy we went to: it had a theme of an ancient Asian apothecary. The drinks had some Chinese herbs in them and the decor had Asian influences. I will attach a picture of the bar area. It was quite beautiful inside. Dinner was nice, we went to a Russian/Georgian restaurant. We finally put together the stationary bike, I hope to get on it later today for the first time. That's all I guess! I'm going to be meal prepping this morning.

EMPOWERED.
    September goals: track 1 meal a day, drink 50 oz of liquids a day, lose 1 lb

3ydr0pqs5aer.jpg
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone

@theslightedgeforever - I love the fact that you gave credit to yourself for all those things, and they were not easy check offs either - well done

@cbabie - Glad you got out with GGD. Made me laugh when you said that she fights you when you want to come back in. Any exercise is good exercise in my book. Hope you got a positive outcome that things are moving in the right direction with your wrist

@trooworld - Glad you had a lovely birthday. You do work really hard all throughout the year.

@its_cleo - Yes electronics.. so much has changed and the today's stuff does not last as long (how old do I sound?? LOL). Great news on the drinking front. What is your goal for October?

Well I had a mainly IF day yesterday. I worked out the weight rose wo quickly due to the amount of carbs I inhaled the day before, so all is good now and I please to say I lost 1.5pounds

I am back to work tomorrow, but will try to get in each day

Take care
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,214 Member
    Options
    @gemwolf110 Letting stuff go that doesn't matter is the hardest thing but the most important I think. It frees up our energy to concentrate on what does matter in our life. Think about what you are saying YES to when you can't say no to certain things. We are all a work in progress, that is what makes this group so special. We can all help each other.

@its_cleo woohoo on the drinking. Progress is progress. So work on having less calories this week. Are you eating more calories at any certain time of the day or is it just spread out through the day? I hate online shopping for electronics too. I like to touch what I'm getting. Push the buttons, etc.

@cbabie yaaaay on taking a walk outside. As the weather cools you can start taking her to the park and run around chasing her. That will burn some calories. My only concern about you fasting is that your fasting is not like other people's fasting. Are you getting enough nutrients, etc. I won't drink my calories in liquid form either.

@trooworld So glad you got your bike put together so you can begin exercising regularly. What kind of food do they serve at that Georgian restaurant? I like the counter on the bar. I see a Chinese dragon.

@trishastime Nothing lasts as long as it used to because people don't want to hang on to stuff that long. We were out looking for a new car and hubby keeps complaining that the materials are cheap. he says this won't last. I said people do not keep cars like you do for decades. lol or clothes, shoes, college books......I could go on. His response is people just throw away money. These things are still good and useful. I sounded old the other day cause I said the music was better in my day. It's true....... So glad your plan worked and now you can move forward and be diligent about the carbs.

Food was good today. It was a red day so I only ate about 57 carbs. I get up to 100 but I don't ever seem to make it there. I wish I was doing as well on my exercise as I am on my food choices. It will come. I did 15 min walking today.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TrishasTime Thank you for saying that. Sometimes I forget. :/ Today's electronics are expensive and do not last long, you are not alone in thinking that. Congrats on the loss!!!

@theslightedgeforever Yes! They serve homey/heavy foods at the Russian/Georgian restaurant: think stroganoff with noodles (what I got), stuffed cabbage, borscht...my husband got spatchcocked chicken with a bunch of garlic and it came with rice pilaf and some meatballs. Now that you say it, I see a dragon on the bar too!

Hi gals. I rode the stationary bike for the first time yesterday, I rode it for 17 minutes. I was worried that it would hurt my tailbone but it was actually pretty comfortable. I am about to get back on it this morning. Teresa, I wanted to tell you that I signed up for Carb Manager premium (went premium mostly for the recipes but also for other features). I started using it yesterday and really like it better for tracking carbs than MFP.

EMPOWERED.
    September goals: track 1 meal a day, drink 50 oz of liquids a day, lose 1 lb
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @gemworlf110, I hear you about going non-stop. My life is crazy right now and I need to make a list of my lists just o keep up. :D Love your bathroom!! <3

@theslightedgeforever, that game sounds fun! :D You rocked that party! All good choices. I have a bridal shower this Saturday and a church potluck on Sunday, so I am going to have to really watch it and make my own good choices. I’m planning on October being an awesome month and no party is going to mess up my plan. 😉

@its_cleo, are you pre-tracking your day? I know what you mean about eating certain foods that don’t leave you feeling full. I’m trying to learn how to balance that so I don’t sit in the evening craving more food. I hate buying electronics too but I am an expert at online shopping. Just ask my hubby! 😉
    @cbabie, how did you like the new church you attended? Taking for the baby for a walk is just as good if not better than the treadmill. Fresh air and someone to talk to you as you walk.

@trooworld, it is taking forever to hang these pics. We did manage to do the office yesterday. What a cool looking bar! Glad you had fun. I have been thinking about Carb Manager premium. I will wait to hear from you if it’s really worth it and to give hubby some time before I hit him up for another credit card purchase.

@TrishasTime, wayyyy to go on losing 1.5 lbs! How many hours are you fasting? I seem to only want to go 18 to 19 hours a day. If I could push to 20 or 21, I know my weight would drop faster but I get sooooo hungry!!

Good morning! I'm sitting here at work with a ton to do but know that if I don't write now I won't later. Yesterday, hubby and I worked on hanging some more pictures and mirrors up and we got my workout room ready. The new treadmill should be here sometime this week and I also just signed up for Beachbody on Demand. I did a bunch of research and it gets such great reviews. Plus, I found this woman on FB who is a Beachbody coach and she does Keto and IF. I've joined her group and she is going to be my coach. I'm willing to try anything right now!! I have been playing around with the same few pounds for months now and it's getting really old. :s I'm also starting a step challenge with my MFP group tomorrow. So, maybe all this will get me some real results and I can get into that elusive Onderland I've heard so much about. ;) Have a great day! :)
  • cbabie
    Options
    Afternoon all!

I went to the park with the baby today and walked and walked and walked. She loves the stoller and she also loves the swings...other little kids. It was a good morning.

@TrishasTime Way to go on the loss!! What is IF, I see you and Teresa use that term. Is that fasting? I am believing in good things for my wrist.

@trooworld LOL I didn't see the dragon, but I know my sister and she has an eye...LOL . I am so glad you enjoyed your dinner and your bike!!

@TeresaW1020 I have a friend who is a coach on Beach Body, she is always trying to get me to join. (not in a bad way) . She knows how I feel about my health. She is very active in the American Heart Association. I was trying to be but could not make the meetings or the places to advocate for them. So this year I said no..but my heart is still there. Besides drugs, heart attacks and strokes are kills more women than cancer...(women not Men) . I hope you enjoy it and I am sure all this is going to work in your best interest. The church was mostly old people..very few younger ones..so not sure about it. They had a concert yesterday called final harvest..they sang the type of music I grew up on and one reminded my of my mom..I cried alot..LOL . But all was good!!

@theslightedgeforever Yea don't worry about my fasting..I don't have that type in me right now...13month old you need your energy..LOL

Cbabie
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Good morning everyone

Going into work a little later than normal this morning as the person who I gave my parking pass whilst I wa son leave does not get there until 7.20am. Thanks everyone - yes I am pleased with my loss.

@cbabie - Sorry I have missed something - why are you going to a new church? Glad you are having these special moments with your GGD - Hoping you are taking lots of snaps

@theslightedgeforver - is that total or net carbs. I know Teresa does net carbs. I am glad you are smashing this plan

@trooworld - Glad the bike suits you and that it does not hurt your tail bone. Do you enter all your foods into carb manager? Do people add nutrients for foods missing as they do in MFP?

@TeresaW1020 - I do 18 - 19 most days, the other day was an exception and I did 22 hours, I find 18-19 a breeze as you sleep through most of it and I need to keep myself busy from about 16 onward.

Take care
  • ItsOnlyChocolate
    ItsOnlyChocolate Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I am not a water drinker either but lately I have been using diet lemonade powder (like Crystal Light) added to my water bottle, and it has helped tremendously.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Do anyone do IF? And if so is there a good app to use? Thinking of trying it starting tom?
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,214 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I think I would like Georgian food. Yaaaay for getting on your bike. Give yourself credit for that.

@teresaw1020 I'm a firm believer in faster is not always better. I hope you find a plan that you can stick with. maybe even a combination of plans. It has to be Teresa's plan or it's not going to stick.

@cbabie I'm glad you had fun at the park. It's also a good place to get in some social interaction with others. Plus lots of exercise. IF is intermittent fasting.

@trishastime. I track total carbs not net. But I'm also trying to stay within my calorie limits too. But if I go over a bit on that, I'm not really concerned.

@itsonlychocolate Welcome to the group! I'm not a water drinker either. I recently bought me a fruit infusion water bottle. It helped in the beginning like a true gimmick does for me and then old habits take over. So I'm still working on that habit. But I have lots of habits to work on.

@renaegry I do IF twice a week on Sundays and Wednesdays. My form of doing it is about 15-16 hours. I don't eat after dinner the previous day and then wait until 10 a.m. to eat breakfast. I get up at 5:15 so I have some tea only. I still just use MFP tracker cause I like their database.

Well another month gone by. I've lost 10 lbs since July 29. I'm really liking this plan because I can basically eat anything I want. I'm trying to get back into my exercise mode. I was doing well and then had to stop those 2 weeks for my stitches. Now trying to ramp it back up and hoping nothing else deters me. It's hard to get me moving again. I stayed OP today and got in 41 min walking.

So October goals: strength training 2-3 times a week; one fruit/veggie infused bottle a day of water;
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 That's good you got the pics in the office hanged. One step at a time! :) I also decided to go premium because it was on sale for $29.99 (maybe it's always on sale?) for a year. I'll let you know what I think of the premium recipes etc. I'm glad you ordered a treadmill for your workout room, yay! That was a good idea to align with a Beachbody coach that does IF and Keto. I know you will get to Onederland!

@cbabie That sounds like a good morning, peaceful. I'm glad I am enjoying the bike, too, and yes, that food was good!

@TrishasTime I do enter all my foods/beverages into Carb Manager. Yes, people add nutrients for foods missing like in MFP...it's a lot like MFP in that respect. You can also add recipes via a link like in MFP, which is an important feature for me.

@ItsOnlyChocolate Hi and welcome! I like your username!!! That is a good idea to help drink water by adding Crystal Light.

@theslightedgeforever Georgian food is very good yum! I am giving myself credit for two things today: getting on the bike Sunday and Monday (and I might do it today, too, I haven't decided yet) as well as for pretracking my food for the week. Oh, also for upping my water intake: about 80 oz yesterday. You are doing awesome, congrats on your 10# loss and the rest of your achievements!

Hi all. I did so-so on my September goals: I tracked some meals (more than I did in August), drank more water than I did in August but still not 50 oz a day, and I gained .2 lbs instead of losing a lb. I have a feeling this month will be better.

EMPOWERED.
    October goals: track 3 days a week, drink 50 oz of liquids a day, ride the stationary bike 3 times a week, lose 1 lb
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Morning all. It’s cold wet icy and just blah here. So I haven’t got in any walks or jogs. Thinking it’s just about time to start using the treadmill. Sitting at football practice right now in my phone then will out my nose in my book. Hope to get in my Fitbod workout done this afternoon before we have to head out to gymnastics.

@ItsOnlyChocolate welcome

@theslightedgeforever I will always use mfp love the app. Have taken a break from WW app. Was just looking for an app to keep track of the fasting hours etc. That’s an awesome idea of only doing a few days a week. Think I may try for 2 or 3 days as well. Also way to go on your loss for September that is awesome.

Will check back in this evening. Have lots of post on page before to catch up in. Lol
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @cbabie, I think that is great that you got out in the fresh air and walked with the baby. I’m sure it did you both a world of good. I’m also sure it did you good to cry in church. He knows what you need. <3

@TrishasTime, I do the same IF hours as you do. Sometimes I will go longer and honesty if I would start pushing myself to go longer, I’m sure my weight loss would be bigger. Nineteen hours has become too easy for me, but I still can’t get over the fact that I just love to eat. :)

@renaegry, Yes some of us do intermittent fasting. I’ve been doing it since February and don’t ever plan to quit. I use the LIFE fasting app. It’s great and when it’s on, I don’t eat. 😉 Here is the link to it. https://lifeapps.io/apps/

@theslightedgeforever, Yes!! It has to be Teresa’s plan or it will not work. That I do know!! Congrats on how well you are working on your plan. I also have to get back into exercise mode. I started yesterday and plan to make it a real priority in my life, no matter what other craziness is going on. ;)

@trooworld, you are going to make this month better!! <3

Happy October! Today is grocery shopping day and I have to work on my Bible study for tonight. I haven’t even looked at the questions that our leader sent out on Sunday. I did my first Beachbody on Demand exercise yesterday. Well, actually I just did the 24-minute intro video for the 21-Day Fix. It was fun! However, on the VERY first little jump that I had to do, my knee quickly told me that jumping isn’t going to happen. In the video there is the leader and people behind her. One of the ladies does the modified exercises that are a little easier. So, instead of jumping, I just raise up on my toes. That worked!! I’m off to drink my second cup of coffee, do a workout and get this day started. Have a good one everyone!! <3
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all!

Its chilly here this morning. It's 61 out... only supposed to be 86 today. I fell fall is here! Last night I made Talpia, but had fries with it..My DH put the veggies someplace I couldn't or never would have looked and they were yucky...so it is what it is. LOL . I am still trying to come up with a plan for my eating..was so nausea last night..nerves and the food I ate I am sure.. I am going to look into doing more of a scheduled fast.

@TrishasTime The church that I worked at, the Pastor resigned and the church was taken over by another church. It was not a good fit for me. So I am in the midst of finding a church home. It's hard, my Pastor was a great Pastor, good sermons and our worship team was good..LOL I was one of the vocalist..I miss singing.

@trooworld I agree with Teresa, YOU GOT THIS MONTH!!

@renaegry I am not fond of wet and icy..LOL

@theslightedgeforever great job on the loss. I am so glad you found something that works for you!!

@ItsOnlyChocolate Welcome to the board. We love to encourage each other, plus at least one of us for sure keeps us accountable..(not mentioning any names, she know who she is.LOL)

cbabie
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Hi all. Humid day here today, so will probably have to do my walk on the treadmill in a little while. I am in a challenge to try to get 10,000 steps a day. For Sept. I averaged 11, 400. (there are days, I just can't get my 10,000--like when in the car for 7 hours, lol, but if I can average it, I am good with that). I prefer to walk outside but with the weather turning cooler, it will be more on my treadmill. My eating is so-so. Am trying a newer calorie plan for me, so will give it a month or so to see if it works, lol.

@trooworld-- good job on the bike. I know you can beat last month's goals!

@cbabie-- good job taking the GGD to the park. I think walking outside is the best!

@TrishasTime-- great that you are back to your IF. Keep it up!

@theslightedgeforever--wow! Fantastic loss!! Your plan seems to be working!

@renaegry-- ooh, I hate to think of the cold, wet, icy weather to come, lol.

@gemwolf-- your bathroom looks great

@ItsOnlyChocolate --good job with the water & crystal lite. I have started drinking flavored carbonated water & it seems to help me get more water in and I am drinking less Diet Coke. Although the kind I have been drinking has Splenda in it, so it is sweet. (Probably why I like it! I have tried the nonsweetened flavored carbonated water & just can't stand the "acid" taste!) But I still think it is better for me than Diet Coke.

Well, time to go balance the checkbook & get my October budget paperwork going. Not sure how I can do a money budget so well & seem to struggle with a calorie budget! Should be the same, lol.

@cbabie, good jo
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Good morning everyone

@renaegry - I also do IF - I do around 18 - 19 hours a day. This is something I can see me do for the rest of my life. I feel more energised with it. I use the Zero app.

@cbabie - It is warm and summery here. Nice weather for walking. I hope you find a place that is a good fit for you.

@retiredandlovingit - What is the new calorie plan?

@theslightedgeforever - The carb cycling seems to be working well for you - great job :)

@trooworld - you seem so much more energised at the moment. I think October is going to be your month

@Teresaw1020 - I hear my knees talking to yours LOL. Let us know what you think of the exercise program when you have a few goes.

@itsonlychocolate - Welcome to our group

First day back at work morning went well, I took myself out of the office and ate lunch in a park and then it went downhill. Although did not stress eat there but picked up some chocolate on the way home - I intend to do better today

Take care