Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• trooworldtrooworld Posts: 977Member, Premium Member Posts: 977Member, Premium Member
    @TeresaW1020 That's good that you aren't too concerned about your mole. Wow, what a successful open house! Congrats! That's great that you were able to eat on your plan. Oh, I just saw your second message that you accepted an offer...WOO HOO!!!! That's awesome!

@joannadavison Thanks, me too! I'm glad you had fun at the museum, I love going to museums. What a nice treat to have old style treats! re: premium...here is a breakdown of the premium features: https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/essential-guide-to-myfitnesspal-premium/ Basically, the one I'm most concerned about is being able to customize my macronutrient goals since I do keto. If I wasn't on keto, I don't think I would bother with premium...I'm not sure.

@RetiredAndLovingIt Me too, I don't need skin cancer to worry about, I worry enough about everything else!!!

@cbabie No need to apologize, just come here when it fits with your life. I'm so glad you feel better at least emotionally. That can help a lot.

@theslightedgeforever Hello! Have a good day.

@TrishasTime It's bread that uses beer instead of yeast as a method to rise. Here's the recipe I used, it was delicious and really easy to make: https://www.pastryaffair.com/blog/2012/2/2/beer-bread.html

Hello all. I went to the podiatrist yesterday. He basically gave me a bunch of handouts on plantar fasciitis, told me the least painful way to manage it was to tape my foot and said to stop going for walks/stay off it until it goes away. He also said I should never go barefoot so I ordered a pair of slippers that are for plantar fasciitis. He said that plantar fasciitis can start healing and then take a downturn, so I need to be careful. He said that I can wear a nightsplint if I can tolerate it, so I ordered one of those, too. One of the handouts has stretches similar to what I've already been doing. He recommended icing (already been doing) and ibuprofen (already been doing). He mentioned specific shoe models, if you are interested in those, I can tell you about them. I had a ganglion cyst that he took care of too, that was painful for him to deal with. That's about it!

EMPOWERED.
    August goals: track 4 out of 7 days, drink 50 oz of liquids a day, lose 1 lb
  • its_cleoits_cleo Posts: 137Member Member Posts: 137Member Member
    @trooworld glad you got some advice about your foot, I hope it helps. That sounds like a real pain to deal with though.

@TeresaW1020 congratulations on your home selling! What a whirlwind! Lots of positive change. But what a time to also have some upheaval at your church. Unfortunately a lot of time people=drama. I hope things settle down ok and good luck to your husband.

@TrishasTime I;m sure the family appreciated you being at the funeral.

@joannadavison I don’t think you can set them to a specific number. They will change based on your goals ie half pound loss, pound loss, etc. Sometimes I play with that just to get it close to what I want. Sometimes I know oh it is set for 1600 cals a day but my goal is 1700 so I just be aware of that.

@theslightedgeforever wow you are doing great with the gym! And congratulations on the calories. I never heard that about weightlifting causing water retention…it doesn’t for me anyway.

@cbabie you sound like you’re slowly getting back to yourself, it’s nice to hear. I hope the appointments aren’t too painful.

@gemwolf110 the hike was good, I haven’t hiked in a while so my legs were sore at the end. I’m doing another one Friday. It’s nice to get out while the weather is nice.

So couple things annoying me this week- I’m supposed to start a new project at work and the client has been away/slow so I’ve just been waiting and waiting. It’s frustrating bc I have to manage the billable hours they agreed to and they haven’t even approved that yet even though technically I have started.

My building is replacing all the balconies so this week they’re at my row so it’s a lot of drilling and hammering through concrete. I’m hoping it won’t take long.

The good news I’m still on track for calories but it is hard. Every night I want some sort of sweet, but so far I’m keeping it manageable ie I bought a large Lindt chocolate bar and just had two squares last night. But it was so tempting to go and get a big bowl of ice cream. I think it’s boredom. That's the other reason I wish this work project would pick up.

Yesterday was a rest day exercise wise- rare for me! Today I’m going to the gym with trainer, lower body day.

Take care all!
  • renaegryrenaegry Posts: 844Member Member Posts: 844Member Member
    Morning all. Fair weekend was great. Great weather and socializing. Back to reality now.
    Did a fitbod workout last night and off to Yorkton today for sons braces, school supplies and my daughter and I are treating ourselves to pedicures. Hope to get in either a good walk or jog in this evening.

@its_cleo yes I live in Saskatchewan. I small village of around 275 people

@trooworld great to hear about your mole. I have also been to a podiatrist. My arches constantly fall which makes my feet ache. Have insoles I wear in my runners but only time I wear them is when I'm running. Lol. Summer is bad for wearing all the flip flops usually have to got to the chiropractor to get them reset.

@TeresaW1020 that is awesome news about your house. Hope everything goes well for you.
  • cmedwards52cmedwards52 Posts: 80Member Member Posts: 80Member Member
    Hi Everyone

I haven't posted on here for AGES. I'm actually wondering if I could run something by you and see if anyone has any suggestions for me. I'm dealing with some real stomach issues at the moment. The Dr. suspects IBS but I can't seem to get it under control if that is what it is. Certainly fits all the symptoms although I seem to have an almost constant stomach ache and especially in the night. I know stress is a factor and things have been quite stressful around here lately so maybe that's contributing. Not bad stress so much, just a whole lot of things on my plate and sometimes worry how I'll get it all done plus I am the type who worries about EVERYTHING!! So, if anyone has any tips I'd be more than grateful. Thanks so much, Carol
  • theslightedgeforevertheslightedgeforever Posts: 1,017Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,017Member, Premium Member
    @JessT1299 Welcome to the group! What type of eating plan are you following? Do you have any August goals?

@teresaw1020 On carb cycling, probably too early to tell but I think I could do this for the long haul. It's as flexible as I want it to be as long as I stay within the parameters for the week. On special holidays, I'll just have to change one of my yellows to a green unless it happens to fall on a Thursday or Saturday. So I think totally doable. Tomorrow, I will complete 2 weeks. What are things you don't like about keto as to why it may not be a lifelong thing? I've been able to maneuver around dh and his time off this week so far. That usually doesn't happen. I'm glad the open house went well. Hopefully it will sell quickly.

@gemwolf110 Awww too bad about the dog issue. But who knows, maybe this is just a small bump in the road and you can enjoy a nice renewed cleaner house. That's a nice re-do right there.

@its_cleo Isn't perception a funny thing. You like salads because they are easier to prepare, I think just the opposite. Yaaaay for the scale going down.

@joannadavison You always seem to have exciting places to go. Maybe we just both like the same kind of things. ;) I am always short of my needs on fiber, but I'm working on adding in more beans, lentils, and such.

@trishastime I used to always eat Thousand Island until a friend had Russian dressing at her house. Now I'm hooked to that. If I would switch dressings, I could probably eat a bit more of different carbs on my salad days which are always red. How was the Leslie Sansone? I'm so glad that YouTube has those on there so I can just switch them out depending on how much time I want to spend. I usually choose the 15-20 minute ones, but the other day I actually did a bit over 30. Of course I was saying just do 5 more minutes through it. But it worked.

@trooworld So you have 2 hours. How many hours do you sleep? Can you take out 15-30 min there? How long does it take you to eat? Could you find simpler recipes to cook that take about 30 min. Back to the batch cooking on the weekends, but simpler stuff. Maybe a 15 min walk at lunch? If you exercised on Sat/Sun then you would only need 2-3 days during the week to figure out some time for it. It doesn't have to be long. Even 15 min. Just get your body moving. Wouldn't it be great to have better sleep? That might give you more energy the next day.

@Retiredandlovingit That was me that asked about the cruise. That was nice weather. Thanks. 0.5 lbs is still 26 lbs a year. better than I've done in a while. I'm glad that I might qualify for some of the senior discounts. I just forget to ask. I just ignore my remaining calories number and just look at the food and try and stay within that.

@cbabie Glad you are learning from that book and the old you is coming back. How about new and improved you. Remember we talked about old before? >:) It's like doctors treating the symptoms of a disease instead of finding and treating the disease itself.
    edited August 13
  • TrishasTimeTrishasTime Posts: 540Member, Premium Member Posts: 540Member, Premium Member
    Good morning everyone

@joannadavison - Another addition to the premium is that you go to the top of the key if there any issues that you need help with and they will generally resolve it in 24 hours. I can set my goals including calorie and macro, have better history reporting, able to set calories /macros per meal. Lots of extra things you can do

@its_cleo - well done on your loss - excellent job.

@theslightedgeforever - Nice loss - I am glad you are getting back to you. I love how you always put a positive spin for everyone no matter what

@retiredandlovingit - How is going settling back into routine after a lovely cruise?

@trooworld - Wow that is alot of stuff you bought for your feet issue. I hope that the exercises assist with the pain

@renagry - I am curious why you would go to a chiropractor to reset - is there something special that a chiro can do?

@cmedwards52 - Sorry not much help from me - only to record what you are eating and how you felt at that time and record when the onset of pain begins?

I went on the treadmill for 15 minutes yesterday and followed up with the rower ( i am not over enjoyed in using a rower :( ). Side of foot is abit achy today, so I will rest it and see what tomorrow brings. I will have a chance to walk for 20 min before the funeral

Take care

• RetiredAndLovingItRetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 553Member Member Posts: 553Member Member
    @joannadavison ..you can set your calories to a certain number even on free MFP.
  • trooworldtrooworld Posts: 977Member, Premium Member Posts: 977Member, Premium Member
    @its_cleo Thanks, me too. Yes, my foot hurts about 70% of the day. :( That must be hard to concentrate with all the noise from them drilling outside of your apartment?

@renaegry Pedicures sound like a nice treat. So your feet ache when you don't wear those arches? But you don't wear them when you aren't running? lol Flip flops are fun and comfortable to wear though. I get it! :D But I have seen flip flops with high arches: https://www.amazon.com/SOARFREE-Plantar-Fasciitis-Sandal-Support/dp/B07KRS432K/

@cmedwards52 Hi, nice to "see" you! I'm sorry to hear about your tummy troubles. I've not had any experience with this sort of thing, so I can't offer you any suggestions, but maybe someone else here can chime in.

@theslightedgeforever I sleep about 7-7.5 hours. No, I don't think I can take any out of that, I need at least that amount to function. It takes me about 15-20 minutes to eat. Can't find simpler recipes to cook because we are no longer using recipes: we are buying pre-packaged meals from Trader Joe's to throw together, it takes about 10-15 minutes to make our dinner. I really have my doubts that it will even help. He also prescribed me a medication, I just have to pick it up when it's ready (its not ready yet).

@TrishasTime Yes, I'm going to try it all lol. I hope, but I don't know.

EMPOWERED.
  • renaegryrenaegry Posts: 844Member Member Posts: 844Member Member
    @TrishasTime The chiropractor snaps my arches back into place.

@trooworld The only time I wear my arches is when I'm running. I just keep them in my running shoes. And in summer that's about the only time I wear runners. Lol. Thanks for the link will check it out. The pedicures were awesome.
  • TeresaW1020TeresaW1020 Posts: 766Member Member Posts: 766Member Member
    @gemwolf110, redecorating sounds like a great idea! I spend much of my free time looking online for ideas. What is your style?

@TrishasTime, thanks! Hubby’s skin cancer was all taken out and he has hardly any pain. We are very thankful. :)

@trooworld, ouch! Your poor foot! Are you going to look into getting new shoes? When I had foot issues, I bought my work shows at a place called Foot Smart online. Pricy but much better quality.

@its_cleo, Ugghhh all that drilling, and hammering would drive me (and my dog) crazy. How is your kitty handling it? Good job on trying to control your craving for sweets. I buy 95% dark chocolate Lindt bars. I have two pieces when I have my afternoon coffee. I can’t even allow ice cream in my house! :D

@renaegry, thanks! We are very happy that our home sold quickly. :)

@theslightedegeforever, I guess the thing I don’t like about Keto is that it’s harder when things like church potlucks and eating out happens. I like the idea of carb cycling and I’m really interested in how you like it after doing it for a while. Most days I have no problem eating Keto but I would have the flexibility to eat higher carbs when life calls for it. Plus, I’m missing fruit! I don’t want it every day but occasionally I want to be able to have an apple or a slice of watermelon.

Went to my WW meeting this morning and lost .4 lbs. I have now lost exactly 60 lbs since joining WW in 2017. I'm working towards my 75 lb. charm! B) I was invited to a baby shower for a girl that I used to work with when I sold furniture. I haven't seen a lot of these people in a couple of years so I'm looking forward to seeing if they notice my weight loss. They better!!! :D
  • cbabiecbabie Posts: 675Member Member Posts: 675Member Member
    Morning all,

Therapy was hard yesterday, my hand hurts all day long. I had meetings all day long was a very busy day. I finally had to take a painkiller for went to bed, It hasn't hurt that bad and longtime. I try to type just now and my wrist hurts bad so no typing still. Therapy said yesterday that my wrist is exactly the mobility stage that is normal.

@TeresaW1020 You and I have so many similarities it's weird. I worked for an office furniture company and
    let go in2017. I was over the children's ministry until June. Our church went through the same thing for various reasons, And I'm just coming out on the other side of that. I think sometime I like to talk to you off-line. It's great your house sold and you get to move into your new house and I'm so grateful that your husband got the cancer gone.

@its_cleo Sorry for the drilling, etc. I like peaceful outside, but my street is so busy now that the freeway went in a few years ago. ugh...

@TrishasTime yes its It's easy to keep her emotions inside for some of us. I'm gladYou no longer do that it's really healthy. That's we are al about on this board is health.

@trooworld I'm so sorry to hear about your foot. But I know you'll find the right fit, And you'll be able to walk again. One my best friends has thatAnd she can still exerciseBut it's taking a while toFigure out How to not overdo things.

@theslightedgeforever That's good that this carb cycling is workingFor you. Yes I would never go to weigh in at weight watchers if I had exercise just before the meeting, Because I knew it would showing gain or plateau. I bet DH is glad You have a workaround. lol

@cmedwards52 I am sorry about the diagnosis I don't much about that. Its good to hear from you again!

I am sure I've missed someone I am sorry if it was you I missed. Hopefully if I can stay consistent oncoming on every dayIt'll be easier. I hope you all have a great day.

cbabie
  • gemwolf110gemwolf110 Posts: 883Member Member Posts: 883Member Member
    @gemwolf110, redecorating sounds like a great idea! I spend much of my free time looking online for ideas. What is your style?

@TrishasTime, thanks! Hubby’s skin cancer was all taken out and he has hardly any pain. We are very thankful. :)

@trooworld, ouch! Your poor foot! Are you going to look into getting new shoes? When I had foot issues, I bought my work shows at a place called Foot Smart online. Pricy but much better quality.

@its_cleo, Ugghhh all that drilling, and hammering would drive me (and my dog) crazy. How is your kitty handling it? Good job on trying to control your craving for sweets. I buy 95% dark chocolate Lindt bars. I have two pieces when I have my afternoon coffee. I can’t even allow ice cream in my house! :D

@renaegry, thanks! We are very happy that our home sold quickly. :)

@theslightedegeforever, I guess the thing I don’t like about Keto is that it’s harder when things like church potlucks and eating out happens. I like the idea of carb cycling and I’m really interested in how you like it after doing it for a while. Most days I have no problem eating Keto but I would have the flexibility to eat higher carbs when life calls for it. Plus, I’m missing fruit! I don’t want it every day but occasionally I want to be able to have an apple or a slice of watermelon.

Went to my WW meeting this morning and lost .4 lbs. I have now lost exactly 60 lbs since joining WW in 2017. I'm working towards my 75 lb. charm! B) I was invited to a baby shower for a girl that I used to work with when I sold furniture. I haven't seen a lot of these people in a couple of years so I'm looking forward to seeing if they notice my weight loss. They better!!! :D

I’m going for that beachy/nautical look.

That is soo awesome with WW!!!!!! Congratulations!!
    edited August 14
    @TeresaW1020 That's great that the skin cancer was taken out with hardly any pain. I already bought some pricey new shoes from a specialty shoe store, it didn't help much. :( But I did buy some new slippers which are better than walking around barefoot. I'm sure that the ladies will notice your weight loss, 60 lbs is a LOT! Congrats!!!

@cbabie That's good that you are at a normal stage but I'm sorry that the pain continues. Thanks, I'm hoping it goes away soon.

Hi all. I picked up the sleep medication last night and I still woke up throughout the night although not as often.

EMPOWERED.
  • its_cleoits_cleo Posts: 137Member Member Posts: 137Member Member
    @renaegry I grew up in the country, I really miss it. We were in a very rural area, and the closest town was maybe 10 km away and the population there was about 600. I left for a lot of reasons, but work brought me to Toronto. Though my extended family is here too.

@TrishasTime yeah rowers are tough work. I’ve used them occasionally, never a lot.

@trooworld yes the drilling is noisy and awful lol. It is also a pain bc it comes and goes and so I can’t predict when it will be bad. Yesterday I had a call with a client and I thought it would be okay but right as it was time they started drilling right outside my window. They’re drilling through concrete so it’s pretty loud. So I had to go sit in the stairwell which also wasn;t ideal. Not a good way to make a good impression on a new client, but it was a short call fortunately.

In terms of exercise- can you go for a little walk at lunch at work? Or sometimes I just take a break and go around the block. When I had a team and an office my team (not me lol) would set a meeting time and go up the stairs once for 15 mins.

@TeresaW1020 I’m glad things are okay for your husband. Yeah the drilling- as noted above it’s awful. I was worried about the cats but I’ve think they’ve gotten used to it. And congratulations on a huge loss! 60lbs is incredible. Slow and steady wins the race! I know it’s a cliché but it’s true.

@cbabie sorry you’re still struggling with pain. That can really wear someone down. Do they say how long it will take to get better?

So I’m not feeling 100%. In the late summer/fall I get allergies and it really wipes me out. I started taking the pills and thought it would be better by today but not really. So my energy is very low. I tried to go for a run yesterday and crapped out not even halfway through. Just couldn’t do it. I’m not sure whether to try again or not. I need to get out of my apartment I think bc the noise is too bad. I may go to the library.

I wanted to write about some successes- I have been on or under cals last week and so far this week. My weight seems down about 1.5 lbs but I don’t trust it yet bc it fluctuates but even so the number on the scale was the lowest I’ve seen in like 15 yrs lol. So even fluctuating I’ve broken past my norm.

One of my goals about drinking- bc I was having drinks a couple nights a week, one of my goals was only one night a week. So I accomplished that so far this week. (My week runs Sun – Sat so almost done).

Last night I wanted to make a giant ice cream sundae so badly and I almost did but I just got a little ice cream at the store instead, which was less calories and so I’m still under.

It’s just been the last two weeks I’ve really challenged myself but it’s been hard to resist temptation. I’m trying to really notice it to help keep my motivation up to keep going.

Take care all.
  • theslightedgeforevertheslightedgeforever Posts: 1,017Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,017Member, Premium Member
    @joannadavison I have premium and I use it because I have three different calorie counts for the week. I always eat more on Thursdays and Saturdays because of social reasons so I allow for that while pulling back on other days of the weeks. Plus I like it because I can see which foods I'm eating that are highest to lowest in macros. I really just look at the carbs. Oh I also used the setting a calorie goal by meal. I tend to eat higher breakfasts. It really depends on what you think will help you the most to lose weight.

@teresaw1020 Woohoo! on the house offer. I bet that's a big relief off your shoulders. Hope your hubby heals quickly.

@trishastime I'm quite pleased I managed dh's time off and stayed OP 100% The only flub I had was yesterday I didn't do my yoga. But two weeks down.
    @trooworld I saw on TV the other day an ad for a plantar fasciitis support. It was a lot like the kind I wear when I my 'golfers elbow' flares up. (I do not golf, lol) It works though. I need to go see a podiatrist about my foot. I have Vulcan toes and now the top of my foot hurts. I'll look up some home remedy stuff. Same stuff as you probably, stretches, ice, etc. So when the doc gives you the green light to exercise, you still have about 85 min to find the time. That's your 2 hours minus the time to prepare dinner and eat. As the weather gets cooler even a nice 20-30 min walk with you and your hubby just talking about the day before you eat. Will he go? Maybe not but you could still go. This past two weeks I'm learning to put myself before seeing to the needs of my hubby. Otherwise I might end up disabled or dead before him and who will look out for him then? I know after a long drive you just want to plop yourself on the couch. I get it. I don't go out much and I still want to just sit. But it's just not good for our health. I've been having sleep problems this week. Night sweats and legs aching. Now my joints are all hurting. Could be menopausal stuff who knows. Could be carb cycling. lol Could be getting older.

@its_cleo Weight lifting:water retention I have read about it before but I think it's just when one is starting out after not having done it for a while. I know that in the back of my head but I also know that I will use that as an excuse of why I haven't lost weight. lol You've been doing weights for awhile which is probably why you don't think about it. You've been doing great staying OP despite the fact that you have had some things that have bothered you this week. I really like reading about your successes. Most of us tend to concentrate on what we did wrong. Woohoo on the ice cream tweak. That's making it fit your plan.

@renaegry I didn't realize arches could fall more than once. I used to have an extremely high arch but the older I get the more I have Donald Duck feet. That sounds painful on the chiro snapping your arches back into place. Ow! Did you have a nice walk or jog?

@cmedwards52 Welcome back! Sorry about the IBS. My dh and son both deal with that. My son since 8th grade poor thing. I'm a worrier too. I just read something that said make four columns. In the first column make a list of everything that you are worried about right now. In the second column put C/SC/NC (control, some control, no control) over each situation. In the third column how does worrying benefit you. Does it help you anyway or is it pointless. In the last column, write what action you could do to ease the situation. When I did this, I found that out of 8 items I wrote down, 5 of them I had absolutely no control over these. 3 I had some control. I couldn't control others actions but my own reactions to this. Stressing makes me eat which keeps me fat. I kept having to write No Benefit. it only hurts me. So back to you, try this and see how you might be able to at least reduce some of your stress which might reduce some of your pain. Do certain foods give you problems? I've been keeping notes in the MFP food diary on certain foods that I have a problem with. Losing my gallbladder has given me some digestive problems and lately I've been having swallowing problems. So I'm recording these too to see if there's some kind of pattern.

@trishastime Thanks for the comment on positivity. My family thinks I'm a very negative person and in some cases they would be correct. Maybe I just am negative around them. Food for thought. Maybe it's payback. >:) They seem to be their best selves around me. NOT. I absolutely hate the rower. I would be the cockswain on a rowing team. I'm good at barking out orders and motivating people.

@teresaw1020 Woohoo on your 60 lbs loss. That is excellent. I hear you on the keto. Which is why I won't do it as I'm a social butterfly. So far so good on the carb cycling. Of course only 2 weeks in. But it was a good 2 weeks.

@cbabie you do have lots of similarities with @teresaw1020. Maybe she's our sister from another mister. lol You and she could Marco Polo sometime. I love that app because I can view it and respond at my leisure versus real-time.

@gemwolf110 I like that beachy/nautical look. I used to have my kitchen like that. I love lighthouses.

Another good day for me yesterday. Although I need to start doing my exercise earlier in the day. Once I get the food under control for the most part I will start to work on that. Yesterday was the first day I didn't do the scheduled exercise which was yoga. But I still lost 1.4 lbs since my last weigh in. Today is day 80 in my book. Heading towards the homestretch.

16946213.png
    edited August 15
  • joannadavisonjoannadavison Posts: 26Member Member Posts: 26Member Member
    @trooworld thanks for the link. I have had a quick look at premium. I think what I'm currently doing is ok on the freebie. Hugs over the PF- that's not nice to deal with.

@its_cleo hope you get the money from clients! Balcony noise- you totally have my sympathy- we have major roadworks nearby & I'm sick of waking up to the dull thud. At least it's in the distance here.
    I'm impressed with your willpower over ice cream i have totally blown it today!

@renaegry when do your kids go back to school? We have just over 2 weeks left in UK.

@TeresaW1020 great news on the house sale.

@cmedwards52 -hi there. My DH was prescribed Mobeveran for IBS - no idea if that is useful to you.

@cbabie keep going with therapy. It's hard & painful but you'll get there in the end. Frustrating when you are going through it.

• joannadavisonjoannadavison Posts: 26Member Member Posts: 26Member Member
    @theslightedgeforever thanks for comments on varying the calories between free & premium.

I accidentally posted before I finished typing!

Totally blown my WW week. I am going to have to pull right back. Only got 1 weekly left- day 3!! Not good. I normally have 20ish & then not always loose. Middle of school holidays & I'm a bit off track! Calories seem to be OK but I need to focus on eating healthy again- been enjoying "time out" with my girls & my cousin but not good for my flab!!

I was just wondering where everyone was based. I've noticed a few mentioned it.
  • cyaneverfatcyaneverfat Posts: 6Member Member Posts: 6Member Member
    Ugh tried to follow Weight Watchers for a week, but it's so restrictive. what the hell was I thinking in signing up for a whole year? to get a free garmin pedometer, when I already have a fitbit? (which hilariously, is too small for my wrist) or to pay the lower membership fee than if you only buy 3 months at a time? Any time I have treats or I eat carbs, I eat way more points than I was hoping for, I had a bag of chocolates the other week, and instead of being like half my days points, they were three days of points! I don't think Weight Watchers works for everyone or even most people, calorie counting is so much more forgiving! Plus, sometimes I burn 2000 calories a day with walking and biking, and Weight Watchers says no to eating those points. Can't win. When I followed the Weight Watchers plan, I only lost 400g, and I'm still at the beginning of my journey. I keep going between should I do WW or MFP? I like how with Weight Watchers, I don't have to weigh zero point foods and I don't have to track every single thing I put in my mouth. But that's about it. I thought I would enjoy meetings, but they seem too simple for me, they don't talk about the realities of being fat or losing weight, and they seem to rotate the same 12 topics, which makes me wonder if it's worth going year after year.

I think I will eventually go back to counting calories and fasting, and try to do a realistic amount of exercise. I can't burn off 2000 calories every day, it's too brutal on my body.