NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been MIA- had busy family weekend then on Monday we had "The phone call" from OFSTED (Office for Standards in Education) so we've got Inspectors in. (They chanve the criteria & goal posts every year/ other year -so it was very new criteria & we are one of the 1st schools to be inspected with this. Science was chosen as one of the department for the "deep dive" ( honestly- the jargin is a joke) so I was at work til 9 & then worked til 2 so every single book up to date & all lessons written out for them- one took ages as it's logistical nightmare- all in my head!!! Thankfully day 2(lasts 2 days) I finish at 11am so I had lunch, been to gym & now had a small salad & soya latte in coffee shop before I head home for relaxing bath (no kids) before school run.

I am sooooo tired! I now have no excuses- last bad choice yesterday - I needed the sugar- huge choc bar!!! I have dress to be in for Sea Cadet Dinner in Dec & I will be back in it. Guantlet thrown down!

Apologies for not doing personal replies but:
    Work colleagues- yup totally get that: worked with some like that.
    On the floor with grandchildren- I want to be able to get up without pulling on furniture too- getting there-managed church seats on Sunday without leverage!!!
    Hope you're enjoying sorting new house.
    Hope Grandchild on mend.
    I'm sure I've missed things- apologies. I am back on track & will make more effort.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    @joannadavison So we'll help keep you on track for that dress you need to fit into. What color is it? I know being an educator is hard work but look at all the rewards of shaping young minds.

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld I love breakfast. Its my favorite meal. Lunch I can do without. I really enjoyed the cheesy cauliflower bowl. My portions are all ready pre-measured so I just need to pop them out of the freezer and cook it. Sometimes I adjust meals especially if I want my snack. I plan my spreadsheet a week at a time and then just enter the food into my MFP tracker the night before to make sure I'll be in bounds. Sometimes my schedule changes so I have to do some switching and tweaking. As I plan my meals for the week, I enter them into the recipe tracker so I know exactly how many carbs it has so I can balance out the other meals for that day. Or I just take a smaller portion if I don't want to change my other meals.

@teresaw1020 I'm known as the nagging sister if you ask @cbabie Go pick a good Ipad workout and let us know how it went. Even 15 min of one. I do that when I'm not in the mood. Which was tonight. I had put in 27 min walking but I needed to up my steps so I literally walked between my gym and my kitchen for almost an hour. Back and forth while listening to something. It worked. It would have been quicker to probably just go into the gym and get on the treadmill but today was one of those days. So at least I kept my body moving instead of just sitting at the table on my computer. So 2019 is the year to get you to Onederland. You've got about 3 months. You can do it. Think how nice it will be to start 2020 off in Onederland.

Stayed OP today. Made some really nice macaroni with a bechamel sauce. Had to do half chicken and half beef which is always more cooking but since dh can't eat beef........ Exercise was walking outside and some around my house. Onto tomorrow where I'll meet a friend for breakfast. Green day, I'm excited.

I got a message from @Trishastime. She's still out gallavanting around in her caravan and limited internet. She misses everyone and will be back when she can.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,890 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Yes, it's very good. I've tried one sheet pan dinner and the veggies were still crunchy when the meat was done. :( Do you have a recipe that you can recommend? Oh that's a bummer about the property, but at least you are still selling it. You are so close to Onederland, you are going to get there real soon!!!

@joannadavison Sounds stressful! I hope you got to relax when you got home.

@theslightedgeforever It sounds like that is a good plan for you. I Like it. I miss @Trishastime I hope she's back soon.

EMPOWERED.
    September goals: track 1 meal a day, drink 50 oz of liquids a day, lose 1 lb
  • JoDavo66
    edited September 2019
    Options
    nh8ldtiwi1wx.jpg
    Hi!!!
    @theslightedgeforever - it's pink with a sparkly lace overlay. Well done staying on plan. I drew line yesterday- drank a (small) bottle of proseco in celebration of the end of Inspection- oops- but me over! @trooworld

Got to gym. Back on plan

• RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Hi all..not much happening here.(weight wise, lol) Sat & most of day on Sunday helped dd & family move to their new house, dr appt & mammo on Monday, dh had root canal on tooth on Tues, and went out yesterday & picked the pumpkins. Think it was a little early, but we stopped on Mon on our way home & there were getting to be so many rotten ones, that we decided we needed to do it, or might not have any. Now to take some to dd & the gkids. Dd & gkids here picked theirs out last night. Have been tracking, but not much movement on scale. Know I need to get a little stricter, lol.

@joannadavison --your dress is pretty & looks like it fits you now.

@cbabie --good job getting back on treadmill, & I am impressed with your speed. I try to keep my heart rate in the AHA guidelines, so can't go that fast! Glad wrist doing better..I am not a good typist, so impressed with your speed there, too.

@TeresaW1020 --you are close to onderland..you can do it!!

@theslightedgeforever --I am impressed with your strictness on your carbs! Glad it is working for you even with social events.

@trooworld --at least one week down--only a few to go, lol. Hope your job is more pleasant then.

Well, gotta go. Leaving for OK in the am, will be back middle of next week.

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    Morning all, almost afternoon here..LOL

Well the new job didn't work out. I had a family matter that had to be handled at the same time I was to leave for work and MY DH was so stressed, I decided, family first. So I will be applying for more. I have PT today and I went on Tuesday, it was good. I feel like I am getting more mobility in it. Still stiff, but better. I have lost another .2 lbs when I got on the scale today....BUT I don't RECOMMEND the way I have had to lose it...LOL It's not really healthy. When I saw my DH so stressed he couldn't remember what he did 5 min ago...I said ENOUGH. I still believe in health over anything.

@theslightedgeforever That being said about health (above) I will yes make it a priority to get on my treadmill. Yes you are the nagging sister, but hey, you are my only sister..LOL

@trooworld Maybe you could still use the sign, do you have anywhere people might hear/read a STORY? LOL
    now that you know you just can't cook during the week...you have a game plan and that is good.

@its_cleo I laughed (sorry) when you told about spilling the oil..I could see me doing that. Are the recipes easy? I do easy these days. LOL

@joannadavison Beautiful dress..I believe that my dear Sister would wear that... You look great!

@TeresaW1020 Sorry about the hiccup in the closing. Luckily we aren't in the WW West...you would have just got shot or hung over it..LOL . I know you will have peace soon and this will all be over and you can enjoy your new home!!!

Hope I didn't miss someone...sorry if I did..

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld When I cook sheet pan fajitas, I put my pan empty in the oven while it preheats and so it gets sizzling hot. Then I add my veggies and cook for 8 min. Then I pour out any liquid that has accumulated and then add my meat to the pan and cook it for 15-20 min more.

@joannadavison Oooh love the dress. Beautiful color and style. That type of dress is slimming they say cause it draws your eye diagonally like a wrap dress. I used to love watching What Not to Wear. Got so many tips from that show. Although I don't think I could have stood there letting the hosts talk about me like that. lol

@Retiredandlovingit I've been tracking and strict and movement is slow on the scale. But it's moving and has been in a downward mode since Aug 1. No matter how slow. That's more than I can say for the other months in the year except for Jan-Feb and part of March. I am learning new skills which will help me once I get to goal so I can keep at that weight forever. I've been under my carb goals everyday so in my mind, I should lose more weight. But it's not to be. I'm staying within my calorie guidelines too. Maybe my body doesn't work like others lol But again downward mode. (I keep telling myself that so I won't get discouraged) Have a good trip. Make good choices.

@cbabie Yes you know I would wear Joanna's dress. I don't know sometimes I think we are living in the Wild Wild West. At first I read WW as Weight Watchers. lol I was like What?

So how is everyone's September goals coming along. We are 2/3 of the way done with this month. Then holidays begin and that means candy, cookies, fudge, etc. Everywhere it seems. What's your plan to stay on track and not just say, oh well, I'll start new and fresh again on Jan 1.

I've been doing well on my food. I need to get back to my strength training now that I have the green light from the doc. I've been meeting my step goal each day for the last 3 days. Plus add in a bit more intensive cardio. Not there mentally yet. I have to baby step my way up once I get knocked off the exercise horse for some reason. At this point, I'm just glad I'm doing some cardio and meeting my burned calories goal and step goal. Major win right there. I'll up my burned calories goal on Sunday.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @joannadavison You look beautiful in that dress! Well done with the proseco, I would have done the same thing. ;)

@RetiredAndLovingIt I bet the grandkids loved picking out their pumpkins. I always loved doing that. Yes, one week down! :)

@cbabie I'm sorry the job didn't work out, but it sounds like it was for the best since you didn't like it anyway. I wish the best on the job search. I hope the stress level goes down in your life, that's tough. I'm glad you are getting better mobility. No, no need for stories...that's the point! lol Yes, no cooking during the week. I did cook an instant meal last night from TJs: frozen meatballs sauteed with some frozen veggies over cauliflower rice with some teriyaki sauce- 10 minutes and done.

@theslightedgeforever That sounds like a good idea. The recipe I did didn't have me pre-cook the veggies, I think it was a recipe for veggies and chicken or shrimp or something and the carrots came out crunchy and I just didn't like it. Thanks for the idea. My September goals are so-so. I tracked all of last week but have been distracted in my thoughts this week: I am going on a business trip leaving Sunday and it shouldn't affect me but it is. I haven't tracked at all this week. I have been doing well with water and I think I might lose the pound that I want to lose.

EMPOWERED.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @joannadavison, being a teacher is one of the most challenging careers you can have. I have known many teachers and know just how hard it can be to manage not only the students and their parents, but the administration and government don’t help matters at all. You have all my respect! :) My church has adopted our nearby elementary school and our primary focus is loving on the teachers. This morning our outreach coordinator is taking them breakfast and 2” binders because that was one of their requested needs. I LOVE that dress!!! You look fantastic in it! <3

@theslightedgeforever, OK, I did do some purposeful walking around the church and I will do it again today. ;) Hubby and I spent time online yesterday researching new treadmills and I will get one soon. This weekend my main goal is to get my workout room cleaned out so I can at least do some YouTube workouts and use my weights. And YES, I will be in Onderland for sure by the end of this year and I plan to NEVER be back in the 200’s again! I’m glad you heard from Trisha! I have been missing her! :)

@trooworld, the secret of my most sheet pan dinners is that you need to have everything cut to the same size or cook in stages. For instance, if I’m making a chicken and roasted veggie sheet pan dinner, I will heat my oven to 450 and I use a very large cookie sheet. You want everything spread out, so it roasts and caramelizes and not steam. I cut up my veggies and toss in olive oil and spices (those vary depending on what flavor profile I’m wanting). I cook the onions, peppers, and root veggies first for about 10 to 15 minutes and then flip them and add the meat and softer veggies like zucchini, broccoli, and asparagus and cook until the meat is done. You have to play around with it depending on what you are cooking. Go on Pinterest and look up sheet pan dinners and get some tips and ideas. I find it very easy and leftovers heat up great too! :)

@RetiredAndLovingIt, you have been busy! I will need to go get some pumpkins for my new porch. Your family is lucky to be able to get them straight out of the patch! :)

@cbabie, Ohhhh dear! I am so sorry to hear that you and hubby are going through so much stress. <3 Yes, you will find another job. You didn’t like the call center anyway and I’m sure God has another plan that will fit you much better. Hang in there, girlfriend!! LOL, yeah everyone at the closing behaved like the good Southern Christian people we are so no one had to pull out their six-shooter or get a rope. Although, I admit to having my moments where I thought about it! :p

Well, the closing went through after four hours of signing papers and waiting to find out what the next-door neighbor was going to do. Long story short, she ended up coming to the attorney office and speaking privately with the new homeowner. They came out all buddy-buddy and planning on fixing up the fence and splitting the cost. I bit my tongue over the fact that we gave up $1500 for this little hiccup. :s It’s done and we are thrilled to be able to move on.

Theslightedgeforever asked what our plans are for the rest of the year and I think that is a very important topic. We are about to enter the biggest food challenges of the year and I am determined to NOT let all the temptations derailed the hard work I’ve done this year. So, planning, tracking, exercising are going to be key. I also love being a part of a good support group. You all are awesome and so supportive. I am also part of a MFP challenge group called Fat 2 Fit and just became the captain of one of the groups. I would love it if any of you wanted to join my group. We are more of accountability, challenge group than what we do here, but for me, I need all the support and motivation I can get! Just let me know if you are interested and I can tell you more.

Whew, I wrote a book and now I got to get to work!! :)
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 the fat to fit group looks fun. I looked a while ago and was interested, but I’m afraid I couldn’t do it or work it into my exercise schedule…can you tell me more about what they do?---also I think it is awesome you’re supporting teachers! What a neat idea. I do think they have a tough job.

@theslightedgeforever, sounds like you’re coming along with your food goals and easing into the exercise. I am on track for my goal to drink only 4 drinks or less a week. I am slightly over calories this week but hoping to get it in line by Sat (the end of my week).
    My other goals- no treats for 2 weeks before my period- met. And to plan good meals in advance during that two weeks- met.

@cbabie the recipes the first week were easy, also it really helps to be in a group. So one person would be chopping up onions/veggies, one watching something on the stove, and one cleaning. Everything went amazingly fast. I think the recipes will get more complicated. We’re supposed to make pekoras and I don’t think that will be as easy.

@Retiredandlovingit I don’t know why but picking pumpkins sounds like fun. I love the fall.

@joannadavison lovely dress! You look great!

@trooworld good luck on your business trip.

I’m good, a bit tired. Got my hair cut today and it looks nice. Making pumpkin muffins this afternoon. I’m going to a veggie potluck tomorrow and if the muffins turn out ok I will make another batch to take. Also going on a hike tomorrow, 10km with my hiking peeps. No brewery after though, which is fine.

Was talking with my hair stylist about vacations. Maybe next year I might go away. I was brainstorming countries:

Carribbean:
    -St.Lucia
    -Guadaloupe

Or-
    Italy/Greece
    Iceland/Greenland
    Sweden
    Switzerland
    Patagonia
    Argentina

I’m pretending price is no object lol. It’s because I have a ton of vacation days and don’t know what to do with them.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Hello team! I have been doing nothing I should be doing, but lost some more weight. When this happened before, people started to worry about my health. I am not worried, yet...LOL . What needs to happen is stress and drama goes and weight stabilizes.. Thank you all about the job..I knew it wasn't for me..but when your told to take a job you do..

@theslightedgeforever isn't it funny we cook and our mom hated to cook? I have just never heard of the sheet pan cooking before. I guess I have to go look that up. I have no goals...just getting through each day is a challenge.

@trooworld Your dinner sounds great!!! Believing with you for your lb.

@TeresaW1020 LOL I could see you stringing someone up. My mom used to get so frustrated with my dad, she would say...I will just shoot him and tell the Lord he died.. PS I liked your "book" . I don't know that emotionally I could be in your group right now, but I will look at it. Who knows..right? Maybe it's what I need. LOL

@its_cleo I love pumpkin muffins. Good choice. I am so glad you like your hair. It's always a toss up even if they just trim my hair if I will like it. LOL . Wouldn't that be nice if there were 4 to cook dinner each night, so we only had one job to do? :)

Okay gotta go get some other stuff done. I am glad to be apart of this group!!

Cbabie
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    Options
    @its_cleo—we did a one day stop at St Lucia about 12 yrs ago on a cruise. It was very nice then. My dd loves Greece, she has done a vacation there for the last 3 yrs at an all-inclusive resort in Rhodes. & Sweden is on my bucket list because we had an exchange student from there who turned out to be almost another daughter. Would love to go visit her & her family! & my nieces husband got transferred to Switzerland & it looks gorgeous!, So those would be my picks..if money was no object, of course!
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    Options
    Picking pumpkins is fun, but wish we would’ve had better growing conditions this year, tho! The gourds are a pain—-literally—my thighs & back get so sore bending over picking them because there are so many usually!
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld Have a good trip. Make good eating choices while you are gone. Great job on your water.

@teresaw1020 Yaaay on your walking. Thanks for the invite on the challenge but I'm already apart of two other groups associated with Sparkpeople. Sitting on the computer responding to all these people does not put steps on my fitbit. lol

@its_cleo Looks like you are meeting some of your goals and keep working towards the other ones and you'll get there. I had to go look up pekoras. I wonder how good they would taste in my air fryer. The thing about Indian cooking is so many individual spices to put in which looks like it takes a lot of time but really doesn't. We Americans like things prepackaged, pre-mixed just add water. lol I found a recipe for chicken pakoras. I have everything but the chickpea flour. I might try those. Although I was looking at it thinking, this is just spicy chicken nuggets. lol Your vacation list sounds fun.

@cbabie This too shall pass as they say.

@retiredandlovingit I love everything about this time of the year cause all the pumpkin products come up. Thanks to people like you who grow pumpkins.

OK, need to go. I stayed within my food boundaries and got in 33 minutes of walking with hubby. Onto tomorrow.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 thanks for the sheet pan dinner tips! I'm glad you made it through closing okay.

@its_cleo Thank you! I'm getting my hair cut and colored today. It feels good to get it done, right? Pumpkin muffins sound good. I've always wanted to go to Italy or Greece.

@cbabie Congrats on losing weight, if that was your goal? Dinner was pretty good but I don't like the taste of frozen meatballs, I'm spoiled. :P

@RetiredAndLovingIt Sounds like you need a nice hot bath.

@theslightedgeforever Thanks.

HI all. I'm leaving tomorrow for my trip and will be gone until Thursday, I probably won't be on here as I will be working from 8am-9pm nearly every day. :( I hope you all have a nice weekend and nice week.

EMPOWERED.
  • JoDavo66
    Options
    Thank you all for comments about dress- unfortunately I've piled about a stone on since I wore it in that photo.

@RetiredAndLovingIt hope DH's root canal went ok- not nice. Pity about pumpkins. Scales not moving much for me either. 7th Dec my deadline for the dress.

@cbabie sorry about the job and good luck with job hunting. Totally agree that you need to put family 1st. My old school boss didn't really see that- so glad my current one is better.

@theslightedgeforever yes- I used to watch Susannah & Trinney too- got a couple of their books!

@trooworld totally drew line after proseco & the huge choc bar night before when I needed sugar.

@TeresaW1020 yep school can be a challenge. Stepped down for Head of Department roll about 7 years ago to 2nd (was doing ave 80 hours a week - it was ridiculous) then when I changed jobs/schools I went to 4 day equivalent too. Much better quality of life and in nicer school- ethos & work atmosphere so much better. Glad your house move sorted.

@its_cleo pumpkin muffins sound great.

I watched a couple of the 'Ask A Trainer' videos on here- Why am I not loosing weight- not enough sleep or hydration and stress. All apply to me so that's my goal-- sort routine to sort these in the rest of September.
    Busy weeks ahead with visiting potential secondary schools for my niece (out of touch with UK system as lived abroad 16 years) & also my eldest needs a 6th form school/college- visits there too.
    CREW (my church's young people's group) tonight- only 2 of them so KFC- glad thete's no veggie temptation!!
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all,

I still have not gotten back on the treadmill. I have to figure this out. It's about a 13 month old that wants my total attention and a DH too..I can't get up any earlier. I go back to the Dr next week about my wrist. I am anxious to hear what they have to say. It feels better, still can't put both wrist on the floor and lean.. Still working on that with PT.

@theslightedgeforever Yep it will pass...I was thinking like a kidney stone. :)

@trooworld I hope you have a great week, even though you are working night and day. At least your food will be cooked for you.LOL

@joannadavison I was reading your why I am not...hydration is a definite issue with me. We won't talk about stress..LOL . You got this!!!

Cbabie
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone

Got back yesterday and only put on a small amount of weight. We are off again in 3 weeks but it is just for a week. I had a really good down time (read books, did crosswords etc). Internet data was limited (we usually run off our unlimited wifi at home), so I had to choose what I could do.

I have skimmed through the messages, so please do not be offended if I have missed anything

@TeresaW1020 _ I am glad your house finally settled and you can now move on. You raise an important thing about the months leading up to and into Christmas. Thanks for the reminder. I will certainly look into that group as well

@cbabie - I am glad you let the call center job go - it is in the top 5 most stressful jobs here in Aus. If you are having stress at home, you certainly do not need it at work. I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for your wrist.

@theslightedgeforever- So glad you have been given the green light. My ankle held up well when we were travelling, so I now intend to start the walking up again

@RetiredAndLovingIt - Pumpkins?? Then I remembered that Thanksgiving is coming up for you guys. We do have some plastic pumpkins for Halloween - but I do not see alot of people using them (or actual real ones). We have a famous pumpkin scone recipe over here - might have to drag that out

@joannadavison - That dress is nice - I only wish I could wear it. You can get the extra stone off. You have done it before and you can do it again. Maybe it is time to shake up your eating and do something different? I respect the fact that you are in education - such a mentally hard demanding job catering for everyone needs

@trooworld - Having to work with someone you do not like is hard yet we all have had to do it - good for you for finding a solution. I hope you have some fun on your work trip next week.

@its_cleo - How are you? I hope things have settled down at work for you. I love cooking classes, they add extra interest to what you can do

Take care everyone
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    Options
    @TrishasTime , welcome back! Glad you had a restful time away. Our pumpkins are just for the gkids & neighbor kids to make jack-o-lanterns & for my porch to look fall-ish! I love pumpkin pie or bars with cream cheese frosting (yum), but prefer to use the canned stuff. :)