NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @trooworld, uggghhh getting stuck on a project with someone you don’t work well with is the worst! Can you try to take lead and make it your job to contact the client? I’m glad your chest pains weren’t anything serious. You do know what to do. So do I. Now….how are we going to get our butts in gear and do it? That is the real question! :)

@its_cleo, with the exercises you are doing, are you sure you are over on your calories or do you adjust to make sure you eat more on those days you work out? Glad that your work is going well. How many people are in each team?

@cbabie, I did childcare for over 20 years and I saw a lot of my share of roseola. I hope your grandbaby gets well quickly. Good job on being able to type with your hand! What is the job interview for? :)

@theslightedgeforever, have you done carb cycling long enough now to be able to tell if it’s something you can really stick to? It looks like you are doing great!

Good morning ladies! <3 The house is slowly coming together but there is still a ton of things to do. I’m just trying to embrace the crazy and enjoy the ride. I ordered several things from Wayfair that my sweet hubby will have to attempt to put together. That should be interesting! :#:D I went back to work yesterday and they dumped a ton on my plate so I really need to switch gears today and focus on my job. I also have to go to the grocery store and get back on my Keto. I have done awful this last week and my weight is wayyyy up! Time to get back at it and stop with the excuses!
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Finally have a chance to sit down and scroll. First morning not raining all week so got in a run during sons football practice this morning.

@theslightedgeforever On my busy days I find eating good. Try to plan healthy snacks etc. But I do struggle getting in exercise. Especially cardio. Always need a shower after and never feel like I have the time in the schedule where my 30 min weight workouts aren’t so bad. Really don’t get to sweaty doing then. Currently I am reading The girl who takes and eye for an eye. It part of the girl with a dragon tattoo series. I love love love to read.

I hope everyone is doing well. September is crazy for busy for me. Between senior and junior football. Gymnastics. Volleyball and work I just seem to run run run from 3pm-8pm. And then between 9am-3pm is when I get my work done.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all,

I love reading the post and see what is going on in your lives. I have been so busy, but I am determined to get bac into my routine. LOL . It will be different working again. I have been off work since 6/2 when I broke my wrist. I was just getting used to staying at home. LOL okay great score today...On the treadmill for 20 min at 3MPH...

@its_cleo great job on the squats..I can't do those at all. :)

@theslightedgeforever no I didn't call the doctor, but I did get on the treadmill today. It felt so good.

@trooworld I am so sorry you got stuck with that person. Can't you let your supervisor know about the emails? I hope you don't take on anymore stress. I have seen my DH under so much stress right now, I had to make him sit down and stop and listen to me about stress.

@TeresaW1020 I am sorry your back was hurt, but so glad you are moved in. Wow what a way to say we missed you at work. LOL . The interview was for a company that handles calls about Medicare and Marketplace programs. I have NEVER worked in a call center. We shall SEE...my mom worked for Medicare and loved it..but I am not my mom. (ask my sister) . LOL

@TrishasTime Wondering how you are doing?

okay guys, just wanted to keep up my routine on here.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    Quick check in I stayed OP with my carbs Exercise rest day. Today ends my 10th day of no exercise ban so back to regular exercise tomorrow.
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever yep I am on track with my drinking goal so that is good.

@trooworld that sucks about the research project. Sometimes I feel like other people are the worst lol. At least it’s only 3 weeks and hopefully won’t prolong past that.

@TeresaW1020 I don’t track exercise calories anymore. I used to but I stopped, bc I think MFP overestimates what they are and also bc whatever target I set I would always end up eating more. So I have been more successful at just setting a base target regardless of exercise- right now it’s 1800. After watching this for a few months, I c an see if I stuck to 1800 I would lose weight. But I always overdo it, so I’m trying to reduce those areas where I overdo it.
    Glad the house is coming together but it sounds like you have a lot on your plate. At least with the house, some of it you can take your time with?

@cbabie Hi! Good for getting on the treadmill! I hope you get the job. I think call centre jobs can be challenging, it depends on the company. At least you’re not trying to sell anything. I think that’s the worst.
    So Saturday is the end of my 7 day week. I am on track with my drinking goal, but about 500 calories over. I did pre-planning meals about half the days. I’m over bc I was dying of hunger etc. I didn’t eact junk food or anything, just constant small snacks. This is related to my cycle I think so I’m starting to track that so I can identify and plan in advance. I’m also going to try to check the comparable days for the last couple months and see if at least I’ve improved.

This weekend is quiet for me, just small chores etc. I will try to do the stairs today and maybe run tomorrow. I want a break from the gym lol. And I feel a bit worn out from the week. I just want to tidy up and curl up and watch tv lol.

Work is fine I just get anxious, so I need to do some writing about that this week, that helps me a bit.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, Its a cloudy Saturday morning here. I am tired, teething baby, multiple texts during the night kept me up. But it's breezy and nice outside. I am going to enjoy it.

@its_cleo I agree I don't track exercise either. LOL even when I do get to do it. Sometimes snacking is required. I hate when I am hungry all the time..

@theslightedgeforever glad your excited to exercise. :)

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @its_cleo You sound like you have a plan for figuring out how to reduce your calories.

@cbabie I track exercise, I just don't eat my calories back. I use whatever Fitbit tells me and enter that in. Then try and keep to the exercise burned calorie goal I want to do. I'm just excited to be back to my normal schedule. Not so much the exercise. lol But it helps get me where I want to go so....... although Sunday is a rest day. lol Good for you for getting on the treadmill.

@teresaw1020 I think I could do the carb cycling plan long term. As long as I preplan my week and fill out my spreadsheet ahead of time I'm good. Then when my schedule gets tweaked, I have to go in and decide to tweak the day or not.

@renaegry I'll look up those books. I had to change my thinking on sweaty cardio. For instance I would have a step goal and a burned calorie goal. If I did cardio, it's easy to hit that goal. But lifting weights and yoga weren't doing that for me so I kept missing those days and just substitute the cardio instead, or sometimes nothing. Then I figured out I need all 3 parts as I age. It's not always about my number goals. So now I'm trying to take a balanced approach and at the same time worry am I burning enough calories to lose the weight I need to lose. I want strong bones and fluid ligaments/tendons/muscles. Plus being able to sit on the floor comfortably playing with some grandchildren one day and getting up with ease. Not crawling over to a chair and pulling myself up that way. I haven't quite figured out my exercise plan yet. I'm still working on it. I hope you take some time for yourself to just "be". What would that look like for you?

To the rest that are missing, hope you are having a nice weekend and making good choices.

I went to a friends house tonight and stayed within my carbs. It was a green day so easy to do. I was about 300 calories under too. Exercise was a 30 min walk.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,890 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Well, I talked to a colleague and we came up with an idea: instead of working together in the same document (so the client wouldn't be able to tell whose work was whose), we are going to work in SEPARATE documents and submit them at once. We have 3 weeks to work on this project and this person thought they were done in 1/2 day, they put the documents in my folder on Friday and said, "take a look and let me know if there are any changes I need to make." Well...lots! We need to do a lot more work than an hour's worth of work on this project, it needs to be COMPREHENSIVE or they wouldn't have given us 3 weeks to do it lol. Sorry to vent on you. :( But it is much better to work this way and I can't really take over as the contact or I'll look bossy and this person will run to our director who this person sucks up to. :( I'm glad the chest pains weren't serious either! Yes, that is truly the real question...focus on your healthy lifestyle.

@cbabie That's great that you were able to go on the treadmill. Is this the first time you were able to do so? I found a solution to working with this person (see my comment above to Teresa). It's much better now.

@its_cleo Yes! And I hope the deadline doesn't get extended, either. I have to work with this person on a weekly basis on the reference desk and I just dread it. They waste my time, chatting me up with their boring stories (I don't mind talking while working the reference desk, but this person bores the hell out of me with unsolicited stories). Are you going to take a little break from the gym? Maybe just a day?

Hello gals. I'm sorry I've been missing...I've been busy this weekend.

EMPOWERED.
    September goals: track 1 meal a day, drink 50 oz of liquids a day, lose 1 lb
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all,

I wanted to pop in and say hi, I am outside enjoying the nice breeze from the rain last night. We got a double rainbow to the east of us yesterday!! I said I needed this. God's promise twice..LOL

@trooworld So glad this is worked out between you and your coworker. I am playing with my GGD. She keeps handy me her pretty (hair clip) and taking it away before I can grab it..she is so much fun. (except while she has been sick the last couple of weeks..) lol . Yes that was the first time and only time so far..LOL . have to create new habits.

@theslightedgeforever my fitbit isn't syncing today. gotta go figure that out. Glad you are getting back to normal.

Cbabie
  • its_cleo
    Options
    @cbabie glad you got to see a double rainbow, it's always cool when that happens. Does your granddaughter live with you or is she is visiting? How old is she?

@trooworld glad you came up with a solution with your coworker. Yeah boring work stories are the worst lol. I'm really glad I'm not in an office anymore fulltime. The last time I was- it's like people don't realize you're not friends, and usually would not spend time with them if it wasn't for work. That's how I feel about most people. Then I usually have a couple people I'm close to.

-I did take quite a break from the gym last week- I only went twice total, and I did no working out on my own. So it's nice to do that once in a while, and honestly I think it helps me, I think I push too hard sometimes with not enough rest.

@theslightedgeforever nice job at your friend's. Walking is great exercise. I love being outside.

Well, today is the start of a new week for me and hopefully I'm on track so far. As I said above, I did the stairsx5 today and hillx4 after doing no cardio for a week. It was ok, I actually did a little more than usual bc I try to run partway up the hill each time and today I ran a bit further.

My cooking class starts tomorrow night finally so I'm hoping it will be good.

And another work week, I'm anxious this week but just taking it day by day.

I hope everyone had a good weekend.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld That's good that you've found a solution to your co-worker problem. Have you been tracking your food and staying within your boundaries?

@cbabie Mine wasn't synching last week so maybe they take turns. lol Glad you got to enjoy some outdoor time where it isn't so hot.

@its_cleo It sounds like you had a good rest break. Those are so needed at times.

Another good day with staying on my plan. Only hit 47 carbs today. Although the weight seems to bing bong back and forth. I suppose as long as the overall trend is going downward, I'll take it. Like I really have a choice to take it or not. It is what it is. I have breakfast at a friend's house tomorrow so that will be a tricky one. I'll probably end up eating no carbs for dinner if I want to stay OP. Planned exercise is some yoga and some walking.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie That sounds wonderful! I hope you enjoyed it. I'm glad I worked it out, too, makes things less stressful lol. Maybe your little GGD is helping you exercise your hand? :) Hopefully, she gets well soon. I'm glad you have your treadmill as an option now.

@its_cleo Me too! Indeed, I don't mind some work stories but this person has worked here forever and thinks their stories are very interesting and they are not. I really don't mind talking at work, it's just this person gets on my nerves so much lol. This person is just like how you are describing...doesn't realize we aren't friends at all. That's good you took a break. Rests are important. I'm interested to hear about your cooking class. I hope it goes well!

@theslightedgeforever I've been semi-tracking my food and not staying within my boundaries on some days. I hope you can find some balance at your friend's breakfast.

Hello gals. Today is the day that the exercise bike gets delivered. I'm getting off at 11 so that I can be home for it. Hopefully, it arrives after that.

EMPOWERED.
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @cbabie, did you hear back from your interview about the call center job? Are you still working at the church? I am NOT my mom either. ;)

@its_cleo, I hope you love your cooking class! Can’t wait to hear all about it and what you made. :)

@trooworld, Yikes what a pain your co-worker sounds like. Fortunately, it’s only 3 weeks and then maybe you two can have some distance. You had a good plan to do your own documents but it sounds like you still have to manage the whole thing without looking bossy. Good luck!! ;)

@theslightedgeforever, Good job staying on plan and working it in with your busy social life. What did your friend have for breakfast? :)

Good morning! I am back on my plan and determined to finish this month strong! B) I really wanted to be in Onderland by the end of the month and while I don’t know if that will happen, I am going to try to get as close to it as possible. I don’t think I mentioned this, but I had to get rid of my treadmill when we moved. The thing was so big that the movers couldn’t get it out of the house. So, we would have had to pay another company a lot of money to come take it apart and then put it back together here. We decided that since it was almost 7 years old, we should just get rid of it and get another one later on. The secretary from the moving company ended up wanting it and she paid to get it out of our house and gave it to her elderly mother-in-law. So, that was good but now I don’t have my treadmill and I’m at a loss if I should get another one, which will cost so much money or do I figure out another workout plan. Right now my exercise is unpacking and organizing this new house but that will soon end and then what will I do??? Yikes! :#
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited September 2019
    Options
    @trooworld Did your bike arrive? So exciting. Now it will be more convenient to exercise. So yaaay on semi-tracking. Shoot for more meals this week than last. Have you figured out what made you go over on some days? What's the solution for next time?

@teresaw1020 My friend had too many carb dishes and then sweets afterward. Exercise: Leslie sansone videos are free. Along with any other kind of youtube video. Your legs are free so you can do some walking in the neighborhood if it's safe or at a mall. If you wait around til Jan 1, places like Planet Fitness will have some deals. I always think for me the problem is not lack of exercise opportunities but desire, scheduling, etc.

I went over 31 carbs for the day. This week happened to be 4 days of red where I only get 100 carbs. But I only ended up with 1100 calories for the day so I'm feeling good about the choices I made today. I did not fall into the mindtrap of I've already blown it so I'll just eat whatever I want and start again fresh tomorrow. I made some lemon blueberry bread to take with me and ate 1/2 slice of that. It was so good. I really wanted to eat alot more. It was a day of feeling like walking through molasses. Everything took longer than I expected and I didn't get around to exercising before I left which means no exercise for the day as I didn't get home til 1:30 pm. Molasses continued throughout the day. So I need to find something that clears away the molasses next time.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Yes, they are. Nobody really enjoys working with them, they've been booted out of other departments and finally landed in this department as a "last stop" so to speak. Thank you, I'm sure it will be fine! That's too bad about your treadmill. :/ I'm glad it went to a good home, though.

@theslightedgeforever Yes, my bike arrived. Now, to see how long it takes the hubs to put it together! lol I'm going out of town this weekend until Weds night, so hopefully, he will do it then. Weds of last week, I went over in net carbs (that is what I'm worried about) because I had sweet potatoes in my salad, Tuesday of last week I went over because of sweet potatoes in my salad as well as ham and cheese sliders at brunch at work, Monday I went over slightly because of blueberries on my yogurt at breakfast. The solution is to plan ahead better/pretrack while I'm making my menu so that I can see if I would go over if I have x and x on the same day. Your lemon blueberry bread sounds good. I don't know if I could have stopped at one piece. To clear the molasses: how about a nice brisk walk, or a hot cup of tea? That's what works for me at work when I have molasses in my veins.

EMPOWERED.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all!

My week has been very crazy, seems no sleep or down time due to drama in life. I have not gotten on the treadmill since my first time. I am hoping today. I did get this call center job..still don't want it..last night was my first night and they had computer issues, so we mostly sat and talked to each other. What a waste of my time. LOL .

@its_cleo My GGD lives with me, she is 13 months old and a doll. She brings much joy to my DH and I. She is very smart, so we have to be on our toes. We locked her out of the cupboards...lol. She loves to get into all the cabinets.I let her play with the potholders and plastic containers that are her baby food ones.. She gets into the dog food and puts in into the dogs water bowl..like I said keeps us on our toes..LOL (thank you for asking)

@TeresaW1020 When my treadmill broke, I looked and saw a lot of "new" used ones pretty reasonable, but since I wasn't working at the time I couldn't get one. I don't work at the church, the position ended the end of June. I did get the job, but I still know it's not my cup of tea.

@trooworld I would be excited to get on my new equipment too, so hopefully DH is bored while you are gone and you come home to a new piece of equipment that is not in a box. LOL . Maybe you could put a sign on your desk that says story time is over in the children's area... :wink:

@theslightedgeforever yes the weather is getting cooler, it rained where I worked last night...

Cbabie
  • its_cleo
    edited September 2019
    Options
    @cbabie sorry about the no sleep. Yep I imagine a little one like that would keep you busy! She sounds sweet. I hope you still get paid for going to the call centre job.

@theslightedgeforever 1100 calories- I wouldn't worry about the carbs. That's pretty low calorie amount for a day.

@TeresaW1020 can you walk outside instead of a treadmill?

I'm on track with calories so far this week so that's good. Yesterday was my cooking class. It was good but I am a klutz. They have cooking stations like with a stove and then big steel counters. There was a measuring cup with like a cup of oil in it and of course I knocked it all over the place lol. Vegetable oil is hard to clean up! I'm a klutz at home too. Also we were making rice and were supposed to add two cups of water. I added three and was on my fourth cup before somebody stopped me! Luckily we were able to salvage it.

I worked with two ladies and we made three things:

-aloo gobi which is a veggie dish with cauliflowers and potato, though you could do it with just cauliflower if you wanted

-nice jasmine rice with different spices, like cinnamon and some other stuff- it was good.

- dal something, which is with yellow and red lentils

There were about 15 people total, split into groups. After we made it we all tried some, it was nice eating together, then we had some to take home. The leftovers were like 1 or 2 servings. I was glad it wasn't alot, bc obviously I'm alone and can't take a bunch of food at once.

I thought we would learn about the history or tradition with the food or something but it's just cooking. So that's ok.

If anyone wants recipes let me know.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld I enter my foods the night before and then check the carbs. For instance what I'm eating tomorrow turned out to be 103. Red days are only 100. So I had to figure out how to shave off 3 carbs. Originally the plan was 1/4 c trail mix for my snack. I use walnuts, almonds, and raisins. So I took that out and entered a yogurt with 2 walnut halves. I think I'm at 97 now. Important thing is that I'll get a snack if I need it. Lately I haven't been hungry in the afternoon so I end up deleting that food at the end of the night. Thanks for the molasses advice.

@cbabie So treadmill needs to be back in your daily routine. When will you schedule it in? You don't want to end up like our parents. Stress kills. Treadmill is a stress reliever. At least the baby keeps you active. lol I have fantasies of when I have grandchildren. I will turn one room in my house for them. Stay there. lol Told you it was a fantasy.

@its_cleo Well since I'm doing carb cycling for my program, unfortunately I have to worry about the carbs. That was the first time I was over since I started this program on Aug 1. It was like getting a B for me on my report card. Yes, I'm that girl. lol I just happen to try and stay at or below my calorie range too. It's a good skill building exercise for me. The scheduled calories was 1300 for the day. Part of it is I'm not hungry. I'm also learning not to eat if I'm not hungry. Just cause I have the calories available doesn't mean I have to eat them. Old me would have went and grabbed something just to fill the quota. Here's a little cooking tip I learned about rice. Which I think is one of the easiest things in the world to make. My mom kept saying why don't you buy a rice cooker? Uh, cause I have a pot and a stove. She loved her kitchen gadgets. The water to rice ratio is different for different varieties of rice. I didn't know that when I first started cooking. I like Basmati rice and I found out the hard way that it's different than cooking Jasmine rice. Strange you mentioned aloo gobi. I had just seen that today on Pinterest. I was doing a breakfast dish with cauliflower and it was showing me other recipes I could do. I told my daughter she needs to take a class like this. She loves Indian and Pakistani food. I'm sure there must be a difference but it seems all the same to me according to Pinterest. lol I think it's a tasty way to eat veggies. Yaaay being on track with your calories.

I stayed OP today. I also did 30 min walking. I tried something different for breakfast today. I didn't know if I would like it or not. Cheesy Cauliflower Bowl. It was easy to make. Just 4 ingredients. I also had some cheese squares on the side. I had a moment of Who am I and what have they done with slightedge? Me eating this for breakfast. for lunch or dinner yes. But not breakfast. My friend asked me that same question the other day when I told her I had eaten some quinoa. People can change.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Congrats on getting the job, I hope it gets better! Are you going to look for a different one since this one isn't your cup of tea? Yes, I hope it's put together by the time I get back, too! That's a good idea about the sign but we don't have a children's area at my library (I work at an academic library). I used to work at a public library, it was fun but challenging because of all of the homeless that came in. I don't have to deal with that now, I'm glad about that!

@its_cleo I'm a klutz too, I would have done the same thing. It sounds like it was a pretty good experience, no?

@theslightedgeforever That's good that you just have to adjust your snacks. I think my problem is my meals, so I need to adjust that before I even shop for groceries. Did you like the cheesy cauliflower bowl for breakfast? Sounds good to me! (I'm not a breakfast person...I eat it because I'll be starving if I don't eat)

Hi gals. Well, since I didn't get the meal prep done on Sunday, we ended up stopping at Trader Joe's last night and getting instant meals for the rest of the week. It's just not realistic for us to cook during the week. Last night, we had cauliflower gnocchi with turkey bolognese sauce. It was good.

EMPOWERED.
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever, yes you are right that I have legs and can do some walking. I even have a nice neighborhood with sidewalks. I’ve been thinking about doing some workouts on YouTube. I have an iPad that I can use to pull them up. Now I just gotta go set up the room that I plan to use. :D

@cbabie, I hope that you will learn to enjoy the call center job. Do you at least get paid for just sitting and chatting with your fellow co-workers? I will have to check out used treadmills. The problem is getting it to my house and setting it up. When life settles down, I will have to give it some thought. Like your sister said, I have things that I can still do. Soooo no excuse! :)

@its_cleo, yes I could walk outside, but it’s hot as blazes right now! :# I’m going to fix up the spare bedroom and at least start doing something. I have hand weights and I can watch videos on YouTube. Your cooking class sounds fun! Yes, I imagine cleaning up a cup of oil wasn’t fun at all. I hope you had a good laugh and will enjoy the class. Is the teacher good?

@trooworld, I LOVE Trader Joe’s cauliflower gnocchi!! <3 I need to remember it when I feel like a carb splurge. I know it’s hard to make meals when your life is so busy. I make a lot of easy sheet pan dinners. Meat and veggies all tossed in olive oil and lots of seasonings are fairly quick, healthy, and yummy.

So, this morning we are going to the closing of our house and hopefully getting a nice fat check to help pay for our new house. We had a major glitch yesterday when we found out that two feet of our side yard actually belongs to our neighbor. :o The neighbor and the lady buying the house were ok with keeping it like it is but worried that when the neighbor went to sell the house it would become an issue. So, we had to give up $1500 in the event that the homeowner ever had to take out part of the patio that is on the neighbor's property. Whatever!! I just want this house sold and done. :# I did manage to lose weight this week but I'm still up .2 lbs for the month. Five pounds away from Onderland and still determined to get there! :)