Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,456 Member
    @theslightedgeforever How nice, sounds like a fun trip. But long! LOL Yeah that pasta was super good. The whole idea of the video where I got the recipe is that the husband grew up eating Spaghettios and the wife (who is Italian) had never had them. He wanted her to try them and she hated them. She said they have a pasta bake that is night and day different thus this recipe. The pasta is encased in fried eggplant almost like a cake. It was delicious! Probably the most complicated thing I've made since I made Arancini a few Christmases ago. Why do you think your body is so tired? All the walking? What about your shoulder, what's that from? That's good you got out for the walk.

Hi all. Nothing too much going on. It continues to be hot here. If it's this hot now, I can only imagine what September is going to be like, it's usually the hottest month.

Water yesterday: 84.5 oz

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • fabgeekmom
    fabgeekmom Posts: 565 Member
    @gemw1010 I’m glad you’re getting back into your routine. That was good to lose weight, too. @theslightedgeforever That trip sounds like fun. I hope your shoulder gets better. @trooworld It’s too bad that it’s so hot. Luckily for me, September starts cooling off a bit. Hi, all. Today is an inside day for exercise. I’ve been doing some beginner strength workouts on Peloton. I’ll do the bike and go for a short walk since it’s cloudy today. Tonight I am preparing One Pot Chicken Sausage Pasta from Skinnytaste, Simple.
  • trooworld
    @fabgeekmom Yeah I am not built for hot lol. Good job with the exercise! I think I've made that recipe and liked it.

Hi all. I am always pretty productive at work but yesterday, I was really productive all day lol. It felt good and the day went by quicker. I had the worst leg cramps in my calf last night. I slept horribly because it kept happening over and over. I hope it doesn't happen tonight.

Water yesterday: 105 oz

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,632 Member
    Mornin all I can't believe how fast this week has gone. It's been a week of moving, cleaning, Drs, and school starts tomorrow. I haven't done well on eating, only been a grab and go kind of week. I think with the moving and lifting, I am getting in my strength workouts. LOL

@trooworld I am sorry for leg cramps, I hate those. I think mine come when I don't drink enough water. Isn't it such a good feeling to be productive? I think that's a mental high for me.

@fabgeekmom Great job on doing a strength exercise. I think that I need to be working on strength and mobility. Once I get this move over with, that will be my goal.

@theslightedgeforever I hope your shoulder feels better...Please don't be like dad. Take care of your shoulder, it's worth having full mobility in it. :)

cbabie

• fabgeekmom
    @trooworld Too bad about the leg cramps. My worst cramps, I think, were the result of not drinking enough water. I’m not made for hot weather either. @cbabie You’ve really been busy! I agree that counts as activity. Hi, all. Today was a swim day. Dinner tonight is flank steak from the freezer- last week’s leftover fajitas. DS is making refried beans plus we have other fixings.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,288 Member
    @trooworld My shoulder: I fell while hiking. I was tired from going non-stop morning til evening everyday. Not a moment to rest. Even eating seemed to be rushed so we could get to the next thing. lol I really enjoying easing into my day. Get you some good support hose for the leg cramps. They really work. Good water intake you had.

@gemwolf110 I think here in MN it's going to be an early winter. It's really starting to get cool. I hope it's not going to be another summer to winter and skip fall year. Your menus sound good.

@cbabie Soon you will have some time freed up when school starts to concentrate on YOU.

• trooworld
    @cbabie Wow, happy first day of school, Baby Girl! Yeah it's weird about the cramps, I've been drinking enough water, I think. I don't know what caused them. Yes, it's a great feeling to be really productive!

@fabgeekmom Yeah as I told @cbabie, I think I had enough water, been averaging 80-100 oz a day lately. I don't know what caused it. Good job with the swim! Sounds like a good dinner.

@theslightedgeforever Ouch, I'm sorry that happened. How's your shoulder now? If the cramps happen again, I'll look into those hose. Thanks.

Hi all. Luckily, no cramps last night and I slept pretty well. I've got work today in the office. I'm going to wear jeans to work as I feel like relaxing a bit today. It's super humid here, in fact, yesterday it rained a bit. That is unusual as this is our dry season.

Water yesterday: 100 oz

• fabgeekmom
    @trooworld I’m glad you didn’t have leg cramps last night. Sometimes things just happen. It has rained here, too, and it’s really humid. The hurricane is affecting our weather even though we are not going to be hit too hard. Hi, all. DH and I went to the recreation center to work out on the recumbent elliptical and then went grocery shopping. We’re having air fried chicken breasts (ATK), polenta and coleslaw for dinner. DS is cooking and is making enough for lunch tomorrow also.
  • trooworld
    @fabgeekmom Me too. :) I hope your weather clears up soon. Good job with the workout. I hope you enjoyed dinner.

Hi all. Nothing really going on, we made it to Friday. I made a Skinnytaste recipe last night that I did NOT like: Chicken Tikka Masala (https://www.skinnytaste.com/skinny-chicken-tikka-masala/). I like Chicken Tikka Masala but not that recipe. It just needed...richness. I won't make that again. I think I have a good recipe somewhere.

Water yesterday: 90.4 oz

• fabgeekmom
    @trooworld Too bad your recipe wasn’t good. It happens. Hi, all. Today was a swim day. I’ve been relaxing all afternoon. I’m reading one book and listening to another. Tonight DS is making ground pork burgers, using low fat ground pork. Calories are about the same as low fat ground turkey or beef. I bought beets again yesterday. We’ll eat some tonight and tomorrow we’ll have a beet salad. We also have frozen French fries.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld You are doing really well on the water. My shoulder is better just a twinge every now and then when I move to reach something.

@fabgeekmom I might airfry some chicken breasts this weekend. I'll look up that recipe. I think it's rained once this week. Weather is in the 50's though now at nights. Nice of you and your dh to go workout together. What books are you reading/listening to? I just finished a good one called Swan Light.

I walked today outside about 30 min. Didn't remember to turn on my apple watch until halfway through. I like the Fitbit where it has auto-exercise recognition on it. Maybe Apple does and I just don't have the settings right.

Today's meal was a ground turkey and rice casserole dish. Just kind of threw it together and it worked. lol

• trooworld
    @fabgeekmom True! Sounds like you had a nice day. I love beets.

@theslighedgeforever Thank you! I'm glad your shoulder is better. Good job with the walk. I bet your watch does has that setting, my Samsung watch has it. We had a ground turkey and rice dish earlier this week, not a casserole. It was more like an Asian stir fry.

Hi all. I got up at 3:30 today, I couldn't sleep. Normally on a Saturday, I'd sleep until 4-5 am. We have to drive up to LA today. It's not a pleasure visit, we are just dropping off my MIL somewhere. I am hoping to beat the traffic by starting early. Yes, there is traffic in LA even on the weekends! Tonight, we are going to a movie in the park here in town. I think the movie is "The Secret Life of Pets" which we've already seen but don't mind seeing again. It should be fun, we'll bring sandwiches or something and an adult beverage.

Water yesterday: 50 oz

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,467 Member
    @trooworld My shoulder: I fell while hiking. I was tired from going non-stop morning til evening everyday. Not a moment to rest. Even eating seemed to be rushed so we could get to the next thing. lol I really enjoying easing into my day. Get you some good support hose for the leg cramps. They really work. Good water intake you had.

@gemwolf110 I think here in MN it's going to be an early winter. It's really starting to get cool. I hope it's not going to be another summer to winter and skip fall year. Your menus sound good.

@cbabie Soon you will have some time freed up when school starts to concentrate on YOU.

I hope we don’t skip fall either it’s my favorite season

• fabgeekmom
    @theslightedgeforever I read mostly fiction: historical, women’s lit, cozy mysteries, etc. The last book I read was The Good, the bad, the ugly ( last book in a series by Jesse Q. Sutanto). I just finished listening to Part of Your World by Abby Jimenez. II’m glad your shoulder is better. @trooworld Insomnia sucks! I know about traffic in LA as I have been there twice. DS always drives. It’s not a place I would like to live in, but it was fun to visit. @gemw1010 I love fall, too. Hi,all. DH and I went to the recreation center to workout on the elliptical. We took showers afterwards as the center has nice facilities. We went to Sam’s Club and bought ingredients for tonight and tomorrow night. We’re celebrating DH’s birthday which is Monday for the next 3 days : ribeyes tonight, salmon tomorrow and going to pizza restaurant on Monday. DS is also making a cake. So I’ll be eating more than usual and will get back to normal when it’s over.
  • trooworld
    @gemwolf110 Same. Fall is my fave. I'm already thinking about the crafts I want to make for Halloween!

@fabgeekmom Yes, it does! I woke up at 3:30 today. I am tired. LA is fun to visit but yeah, wouldn't want to live there. Too hard to get through traffic. Good job at the rec center. Sounds like a nice celebration...Happy birthday to your DH!

Hi all. Well, yesterday just plain sucked. There was no traffic on the way there, it took about 2 1/2 hours to get there. We stopped at a grocery store by my MIL's house and she got some groceries. It was a Mexican grocery store and they had a deli with hot foods: I got some steak tacos with rice and beans and man, that was some of the best Mexican food I've had in a while and only $10 for the whole thing! We visited a bit with my FIL and then headed out. It took 4 1/2 hours to get home. :( By the time we got home, we didn't want to go to the movie in the park anymore so we just watched a show on TV. This morning, I am going to a wolf sanctuary for a tour with a friend. Then later, I am picking up groceries.

Water yesterday: 75 oz

• fabgeekmom
    @trooworld Too bad about the traffic. That meat sounded good. The wolf sanctuary sounds interesting. Hi, all. I’m tired today as I woke up at about 3 AM. I did go back to sleep sometime after 5. I did my usual indoor exercises. We had steak for lunch on arugula. I cleaned corn for tonight to go with the salmon and cut up some delicata squash from our garden. I sprinkled a bit of salt, cinnamon and brown sugar on it.
  • trooworld
    @fabgeekmom Yes. That's too bad you woke up so early. Good job with the exercise. Yummy dinner.

Hi all. The wolf center was interesting. It's not a sanctuary but instead, is a "conservation center". They don't take in injured animals and rehab them, they raise pups and release them back into the wild. I learned that wolves are a "keystone species" in our environment. A Kestyone species means that other animals and plants within an ecosystem largely depend on the keystone species. If a keystone species is removed, the ecosystem will drastically change or even collapse. After the wolf center, I came home and ate and took a nap. Then I had to go out and get groceries, which was a hassle because it seemed like everyone else was doing the same thing.

Water yesterday: 50 oz

0lhslpj6dg01.jpg
    igf8xect973g.jpg
    ket2kpwjuy82.jpg
    m0i7wp4nryny.jpg
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,632 Member
    Morning all, I am still in a whirlwind of moving. I think this week I will be mostly stabilized after finishing my office and my bedroom closet. We watch my great grandson during the day, then it's homework and night routines, (still trying to make those). LOL. I feel like normal might hit my home soon. LOL. Baby girl turned 6 this past weekend and I only bought a "small" birthday cake so I wouldn't have much left overs..LOL

@trooworld I love that you love to be outdoors in the "wild". I don't know sometimes, I feel like we live in CA...LOL You do have to know when to leave to beat the traffic. Hope. you have a great day at work.

@fabgeekmom I love that you celebrating your DH birthday for 3 days. How fun is that!! I always feel like if I wake up early like that I should either be praying for someone, or God is saying you need to get up and start your day. Sometimes I wish I could sleep like the rest of my family...but then nothing would ever get done!!

@theslightedgeforever I hope that your shoulder is getting better!! I see you are still exercising, so that is good!

cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    @trooworld That was interesting about the wolves. Too bad the grocery store was so crowded. @cbabie Good job on getting a small cake. My family doesn’t know small desserts. Wow, you are really busy. I hope you find time for yourself. Hi,all. Today was a swim day. We went to the center that is closer as swim lessons are over. I went grocery shopping as the store I go to had an additional senior discount day. We are ordering pizza for dinner. DS bought cookies as he thought we should have dessert on DH’s birthday. There is only 1 slice of cake left and I thought I was safe from dessert. I’m hoping most of the cookies will be eaten. I am making a salad so at least we have one thing that’s healthy.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld I checked my settings for the Apple watch and it is set properly to give a start workout reminder but it's not working evidently. Usually I remember to start it but sometimes I forget and then miss a whole lot of data recorded. Oh well my body knows. Sorry about the traffic. The Mexican food was worth it, correct? I like Mexican just not too spicy. The wolves made me want to howl. lol

@gemwolf110 Let's pray we have a great fall. I'm ready for pumpkin spice season to begin.

@fabgeekmom Enjoy your hubby's bday celebration. I'm reading an Abby Jiminez book right now. Life's too Short: 3rd book in the Friend Zone series. I loved the first two books. I'll look for yours when I'm finished. I just finished a book In Our Likeness- https://a.co/d/fwX44oP That was an interesting read.

@cbabie That's good that you will be making some new routines and all. Where does your health fit into this? Right now I'm hit and miss on the exercise. Trying to get back into my 5 day a week routine.

Yesterday I went for a 38 min walk and 41 min in the gym. Today nothing. May tomorrow be brighter. I've been working on a meal plan that I can just rotate. Maybe that will be easier.