Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• fabgeekmom
    fabgeekmom Posts: 565 Member
    @trooworld I’m sorry things didn’t work out for you yesterday. I hope Violet will be okay. Hi, all. Today was a busy day. I went walking before breakfast when it was cooler. We went to see our granddaughter perform in her Academy of Rock group. It was an outdoor setting so we only stayed for her groups’ performance. We ate lunch at restaurant afterwards. I ordered a salad with salmon, farro, artichokes, spinach and feta. It was good. We came home and I meal prepped for 2 meals I’m making at the cottage. Then we met my daughter and her husband at an Italian restaurant. I got the baked ziti. I got a half portion but still left a little on my plate. That takes discipline not to eat when I’m not hungry.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,456 Member
    @cbabie Thank you. That does sound like a busy day! Good job at the Italian restaurant.

Hi all. Violet was much better yesterday when we woke up so we didn't go to urgent care. I will call our vet this morning. I did do some errands and some reading. That's about it.

Water yesterday: 24 oz

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • fabgeekmom
    @trooworld I’m glad Violet is better. Hi, all. Today is a swim day. I need to pack for the cottage and make a ST recipe to take with us to reheat. It’s the one from Simple that is like Spaghetti O’s. Dinner will be leftovers from Saturday night.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,632 Member
    Morning all, had a crazy busy weekend, wasn't home for most of it. I am focusing on my body and nutrition. I have been hurting since my fall and frankly I am fed up with feeling awful. Each day a little more progress.

@trooworld So sorry you had to pivot this weekend, but glad you could. some people just can't. LOL. Glad Violet is better, now on to Monday right? Let's just say you got all the icky stuff out and now this week will be fun and easy going.

@fabgeekmom Well not so good on the tracking...I fizzle out at night, but I am starting each day a new. It has to become habit soon. Sounds like you had a busy weekend and are going to be able to get away and relax at the cottage. You always amaze me with your discipline.

Cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    @cbabie It’s good that you’re making progress. I remember from WW: progress, not perfection! Keep trying and remember how much better you feel when you take care of yourself.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,288 Member
    I'm back now in MN. Had a good time in Des Moines. When my son was in college he had some roommates. 2 were from Brazil (twins) and then another guy. They live in Des Moines now. Now they are all married with kids. So them and the parents even the ones from Brazil were there. We've all met through the years and just keep up with each other. Its been nice to watch them all grow into adults. Before my son left for his trip back home we went out for lunch. I had the best black bean burger with roasted red peppers on it. So I was happy with my choices while I was there.

@fabgeekmom Sounds like you were getting in some good workouts. What is farro? Oh you did well with your food too it sounds like.

@trooworld I'm sorry your day didn't go as planned. What is a silent book club? Violet sounds better. I see your water intake is lower than it was last week. What's going on there? Referring back to that chart I posted. On the white squares on the first line, you aren't eating anything. Look at Monday, You will be eating the green squares Veg. #2, #4, #5. So everyday you end up eating 3 veggies and 3 fruit. So each week you pick 5 veggies and 5 fruits and number them.

@cbabie Have you been tracking? I eat the same things for breakfast every other day. So I entered those items as a meal. So I don't have to enter the foods individually. Just one click and all six items are tracked.

I went and got groceries today and am ready for a good week.

• trooworld
    @fabgeekmom Thank you, me too. I hope you have a fun time at the cottage. Ooh I've been wanting to make that recipe from Simple. Have you made it before?

@cbabie I'm sorry you fell, was that recently? Yeah, I wasn't happy about pivoting but I did do it lol. I hope the week is fun and easy going.

@theslightedgeforever That's cool that you met up with your son's roommates. I love black bean burgers. The best recipe I have for those is from Sally's Baking Addiction: https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/best-black-bean-burgers/ They are one of the few burgers that don't fall apart when you are cooking them. I'm glad you made good choices. Silent Book Club: the first 30 minutes of the meeting is talking about the books you are currently reading or have just read (you don't read the same books as other people, you read what YOU want). Then, the other 90 minutes is just silent reading. It's really fun, I like that I don't have to read what others are reading. There are meetings all over the country: https://silentbook.club/ The map to find a location doesn't work really well, so just google "silent book club" and your city. We also have weekly meetings that are done through Zoom but I hardly ever go to those. I would like to but it always seems I'm busy during them. Violet is better, thanks. My water intake is always lower on the weekends but even yesterday was a bit lower: I am in a bit of a funk and not caring about my water intake right now. I'll snap out of it soon, hopefully. How's the veggie eating going? Are you still using that chart?

Hi all. I have another headache and I'm wondering if it is the Meloxicam that is doing it. It seems to be when I take it, I get a headache. I see my doctor on Friday so I will ask about that. My husband made the best sweet and sour chicken last night: it wasn't breaded or fried, just had a good sauce.

Water yesterday: 68.6 oz

• fabgeekmom
    @theslightedgeforever That was really cool that you got to visit with your son’s former roommates. I love trying new things at restaurants when I travel. Farro is a grain. It’s a bit chewy but I like it. I’m not sure DS and DH would like it. @trooworld Yes, I’ve made that recipe before and it’s really good. Also easy to make. Too bad about the headache. You could ask your doctor for something else to take if he/ she thinks the meds have caused headaches. The sweet and sour chicken sounds good. Hi, all. I’m going to get some exercise done before we leave for the cottage. We are getting our hair cut so we will leave in the afternoon. BTW, going to the cottage reminds me of my granddaughter when she was 3 or 4. She said she was going to the college. I love that!
  • cbabie
    Afternoon all, crazy busy appointments this morning and I still have one at the school at 6 tonight...I am slowly (very slowly) making my way back to the methods I know work for my health. The last couple of days were stressful and the week is very busy, but trying to say no to fast food, quick grab and go garbage...but haven't taken the time to meal plan..so just trying to make good choices with what I have.dd

@trooworld That could be what's causing the headaches, good to check. I love black bean burgers thanks for the recipe.

@fabgeekmom I hope you enjoy your stay at the cottage. How cute about your grand daughter. Kids say the darnedest things LOL Thank you about the meal..I need to do that. I am one who eats the same thing every day..I think that will be a game changer for me.

@theslightedgeforever glad you had fun and stayed on task too...GOOD for you!

cbabie
  • chrisnginagarcia13
    chrisnginagarcia13 Posts: 3 Member
    edited August 20
    Aloha I’ve been on WW for many many years but this month I started double tracking with this app too.im looking to add more friends for support. I enjoy meeting people on similar journeys. If you also live on Maui that is a bonus. Please consider sending me a friend request. I also enjoy hoola hooping for my daily activity
  • fabgeekmom
    @cbabie Good job on getting back to what you know works for your health. It’s definitely a process. @chrisnginagarcia13 Welcome!
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld Thank you for the recipe. I am just starting my veggie plan. The Des Moines trip was unplanned so I just got my groceries. Tomorrow I'm going to make leek and potato au gratin with some chicken. That's interesting about the bookclub. I think I would miss the discussion part of it. Although I would just like the silent reading part. I like to go to coffee shops and do that.

@fabgeekmom I'll have to look for farro. I just googled it to see what it looked like. It seems very healthy. Cute thing with your gdaughter college/cottage.

@cbabie Maybe just start with meal planning your breakfast. I'm glad you are start to focus on you.

@chrisnginagarcia13 Welcome to the group! I used to count points but am currently carb cycling. I have pre-diabetes and doc says I need to watch my carbs. I was tracking my points on Healthi app but it got too hard to track in both places for me.
  • trooworld
    @fabgeekmom Yeah it's good. Thanks. Yeah I think I will do that. Aw, that's cute about your granddaughter! I hope you have a nice time at the cottage, or should I say "college" :) .

@cbabie That's good you are making the effort and getting back to health. Good job saying no! No is not an easy word. Yeah I figure I may as well ask.

@chrisnginagarcia13 Aloha to you and welcome! :) I live in Southern California, but would love to hear more about your journey and your goals.

@theslightedgeforever You are welcome! The leek recipe sounds really good. I always thought leeks were fancy when I was a kid because we never had them and my best friend's dad's favorite soup was leek and potato soup. I thought they were rich so therefore, leeks must be fancy. :D Well, the good thing is that there is the discussion part but it's not quite the same I know what you mean. I do love to go to coffee shops and read.

Hi all. I was miserable at work yesterday with that headache so I decided not to take the Meloxicam until I see my doctor. I didn't wake up with a screaming headache so that's good. And at least, if I do get a headache, I can take something for it. With the Meloxicam, I wasn't sure what I could take (I know I couldn't take anything like Naproxen or Ibuprofen).

Water yesterday: 68.3 oz

• theslightedgeforever
    edited August 22
    @trooworld I've never had a leek either I don't think. Thank God for pinterest and youtube. Sorry about your headache. I hope you find some comfort soon.

I made a beet orange salad today with my chicken and sage potatoes. So I ate 2 out of my 3 planned meals. The other ended up being a pumpkin spice latte and a muffin. Pumpkin season is here!

• theslightedgeforever
    he5v2g1396iy.jpeg
  • fabgeekmom
    @trooworld Sorry you were miserable. Hopefully your doctor can prescribe something else. @theslightedgeforever The beet salad looks yummy! Hi, all. I had a great day today. I wanted around the track at the park plus it was nice being with my family. We had salad, sloppy Joe’s and sweet potato fries for dinner. It was so convenient having meals already prepared.
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Yes, I agree, both good places to look for info! Thank you. Your salad looks good. Yay for pumpkin spice season! I'm a fan. :D

@fabgeekmom Thank you. Good job with the exercise and I'm glad you enjoyed family time. I love sloppy joes.

Hi all. No headache yesterday and no Meloxicam, coincidence? I think not. I messaged the surgeon's office and they said they are close to giving me a surgery date, to check back the middle of next week. So, getting closer. My husband stayed the night with my SIL's cat at her house since my SIL is out of town. I did not sleep well, the dogs wouldn't settle down, Violet kept getting up and down and then Violet accidentally stepped on Daisy when she was sleeping so they got in a mini-fight. According to my watch, I got 4 hours 44 mins of actual sleep. I feel like it lol.

Water yesterday: 79 oz

• cbabie
    Morning all, yesterday didn't go as planned. However, I did get 2 things I wanted to get done, done. So I feel it was a win. I am sitting on hold with my ins company..I was on hold all day yesterday and every time I would get someone live...I would get disconnected. UGH. I have been eating cereal late at night for dinner...it's been a weird week. My daughter made dinner night before last night...I took one bite of the noodle and got instant heartburn..so NOT...cereal is my friend. LOL. Last night I made pork chops and I don't eat pork, I retain too much water and feel miserable, so cereal again it was...

@trooworld that's good you get to hear soon about your surgery. You DH must be a saint or he loves his sister very much. :), OR the cat is a little terror at night because he knows no one is watching him/her. LOL. Wise choice to try not taking the med and see if your headache goes away. I like to self diagnose... :). Although my cardiologist was happy that I am only taking 1/2 of the med that he prescribed..

@fabgeekmom LOL the one thing that stuck in my brain was your sweet potato fries..YUMMMMMM. I love those. I just don't make them. Have your tried carrot fries? They are good too!

@theslightedgeforever Glad you got food and are working your plan...I am still not sure we are related...I could not eat what your picture showed...I know you are like mom and I am like Dad..LOL.

Cbabie

• fabgeekmom
    @trooworld It’s interesting that you didn’t have a headache when you stopped talking the medication. Too bad about the dogs and the lack of sleep. That’s exciting that you should know soon the surgery date. @cbabie The sweet potato fries were frozen so all I did was cook them in the air fryer. Yes, I’ve had carrot fries. Being on hold is really annoying. Too bad about the heartburn. Hi, all. I did a strength workout on Peloton this morning. I’m following a schedule for the next 6 weeks. I’m hoping to get stronger. I also walked the track. Dinner was the spaghetti 0’s. It was good. My daughter brought some candy when she and her family went shopping. I ate 4 pieces.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @fabgeekmom The beet salad was good. Hubby especially liked it. Now you've made me want some sloppy joes.

@trooworld Sorry you didn't get alot of sleep. I don't seem to make good choices when I'm tired. I hope you do a better job. Your water intake is much better.

@cbabie If I didn't have hubby to cook for I would have cereal every night for supper. What do you think about the noodles gave you heartburn? Have you considered that the heartburn might be caused from something other than food? I looked to see and lots of different reasons. I thought you liked beets? I just airfryed them. Then added orange slices and some thinly sliced onions. Feta cheese and walnuts. Then I made a raspberry vinaigrette. I like all those things individually so I know I would like them together. I'm a visual person so used to be I wouldn't eat foods based on how they look. But now I'm learning to eat foods that are good for me. I don't want to be our parents.

Today I made a nice leek potato corn chowder. It was so good. Dd loved it so much she kept going back and I kept saying you'd better leave some for your dad. lol

Here's the recipe: https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/potato-corn-leek-chowder

I had to YouTube how to clean and cut a leek. lol I've never used one before.

Today hubby and I walked around a lake for 54 min. Weather was really nice today.