Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,456 Member
    @cbabie I'm sorry the day didn't go as planned, that can be frustrating. That's good you got 2 things done. Getting disconnected, now that stinks! Can you have something else in the house for a go-to meal instead of cereal? Maybe a few frozen dinners or some rotisserie chicken? Yeah I'm excited to hear about my date for surgery. DH is both a saint and loves his sis very much :D . Actually, the cat is very sweet and well-behaved lol. Yeah, I see my doctor today so I'll ask about the medication. I haven't had a headache for the past few days and I haven't taken the meds, so we'll see. Your cardiologist was happy that you were only taking 1/2 the meds he prescribed???

@fabgeekmom Yeah and I didn't have a headache yesterday either. Yeah I was really tired yesterday. I'm very excited (and nervous) about the surgery date coming up. That's great you are following a weight program on the Peloton. I hope you get the results you want.

@theslightedgeforever Same here. I did okay yesterday, but usually I do not when I am tired. My water intake was meh yesterday, I was distracted by work and coworkers. You are making some yummy food lately! Thanks for the recipe. Yeah you have to clean leeks really good, as you probably saw. I hadn't had a leek until a few years ago. It's just not something I grew up with in the midwest. Good job with the walk, that sounds nice.

Hi all. No headache again yesterday, which was nice. I see my doctor this morning about my knee. I'll talk to her about the medication. I hadn't weighed myself in about a month. I weighed myself this morning. I've gained 0.5 lbs, which isn't too bad. I was expecting a big gain. I'm making Cold Sesame Noodles with shrimp for dinner. I've never made this recipe before, we'll see how it goes.

Water yesterday: 58.9 oz

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • fabgeekmom
    fabgeekmom Posts: 565 Member
    @theslightedgeforever Walking a lake sounds like fun. That was a nice long walk! I never used leeks until I moved to a city and they were available. @trooworld A .5 gain isn’t bad. The noodles sound good. Hi, all. We went out to lunch today. DH and I shared a seafood steamer bowl. It was one serving but we had plenty. I worked out as usual and went for a walk this afternoon. The weather has cooled down and there was a nice breeze. My daughter and her family went home. DH and I are staying until Sunday. We’re eating sandwiches for dinner. I will also make a salad. I have calories for some kind of dessert.
  • trooworld
    @fabgeekmom No, not considering I hadn't weighed in for a month and I hadn't tracked in about 2 weeks. That's good you shared lunch with your DH. Nice that there was a breeze. I hope you enjoyed dinner and dessert!

Hi all. I went to the doctor yesterday and she gave me a different medication to try for my knee. She said if that doesn't work, then we try shots. If the shots don't work, then I have to have a total knee replacement. She had an x-ray done and my knee has been upgraded from moderate arthritis to moderate to severe. So, hopefully the med works. When I got home, my nose started feeling stuffy. I thought it was just allergies until I got a notification from work that I had been around someone who now has COVID. I wasn't feeling well and took my temp and my temp was 99.9. So, I'm thinking I probably have it now too. This morning, I'm feeling a little better but it may just be because I just woke up.

Water yesterday: 25 oz

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,467 Member
    Good Afternoon all!

Can’t believe this is the last week of August! My next class starts up in mid October, tooth seems to be healing (still a little bit of a hole), but getting closer to being in the onederland club (6.7 lbs to go!). Doggies are doing good. The youngest had his annual and bloodwork this week just waiting on results. Aqua class is going great as well as Zumba. Eating has gotten better, still need to nix the ice cream but it’s a process lol.
    Went to a local country fair with a new friend and actually won a couple of the carnival games. Told the new friend they are good luck! lol summer is nice but so looking forward to fall. Think the huskies are in the same boat as me.
    Been cleaning all morning- trying to get some early fall deep cleaning and purging done. A family friend had read and posted on their Facebook about the book “The Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning”. Ordered the book, haven’t read it yet but do need to purge stuff I don’t need nor want. Maybe make some $$ in the process. Still need to paint these walls. Have the paint but need to clean first.
    Plan on checking in soon. Didn’t realize how much time had gone by been busy!

Hope all is well with everyone!

~Missy

CW 206.7
    SW 228.8
    GW 110-120
  • fabgeekmom
    @trooworld It’s good that you have a diagnosis even though it’s probably not the one you wanted. My arthritis is probably at the same level but I get by with all the things I do. I hope you don’t have Covid but if you do, hopefully you can take the medication that is prescribed for it. @gemwolf110 It looks like you are doing really well! Hi, all. DH and I went to Wal-Mart this morning as since we are staying another day, we needed a few things. As usual we bought more than a few things! We bought a mini waffle maker so I can make waffles tomorrow morning. I bought some jeans for half price ($11). They were a bit snug but not tight. I’m hoping all my core exercises will help me fit better in my clothes. Dinner tonight is clean out the refrigerator, eating up what is left that I prepared last week.
  • trooworld
    @gemwolf110 I know right? Sounds like you are doing awesome. I've heard of that book but not read it. Good luck with the purging and cleaning!

@fabgeekmom Yes true. Do you use a cane? If you do, does it help? My doctor suggested one so I ordered one. That's a good deal on the jeans. Enjoy your last day at the cottage!

Hi all. I felt a lot better yesterday. Maybe it was just allergies? Or maybe I just had a really mild case. I don't know. I will test before I go to work tomorrow. I'm very tired today: my husband spent the night at his sister's last night to catsit. One of my dogs wouldn't settle down for 2 hours after we went to bed and then my knee was bothering me really badly. So, I've probably had about 3 1/2 - 4 hours of sleep. I will take a nap sooner than later.

Water yesterday: 25 oz

• fabgeekmom
    @trooworld Yes, I use a cane, and it really helps. I’m glad you feel better. Too bad about the knee and lack of sleep. Hi, all. I’m home now and glad to be home. DS grilled some chicken breast and we had salads for lunch. I worked out on the bike. I also did a lot of laundry. We ate dinner at my daughter’s house. She had chicken fajitas which were good. We came home and I ate 2 cookies and a piece of candy for dessert. Now we’re watching Good Bones. It’s a home improvement show and pretty mindless so it’s relaxing to watch.
  • trooworld
    edited August 26
    @fabgeekmom That's good to hear. Actually, I don't feel better, it was a false alarm! Good job on the bike. I love chicken fajitas. I'm glad you got to relax.

Hi all. I felt crappy again yesterday. I took a COVID test and it was negative but that could be false. I don't feel very good again today. I probably will take a sick day off from work. I decided that if I have to (sometimes) use a cane, I will do it in style: I got disco ball tiles off Amazon and I decorated my cane with those. I laid around most of yesterday. Before I got sick, I planned on making tomato pie with air-fried BBQ chicken breasts. Since I had no energy, I just made the chicken breasts and boxed mac and cheese. That's all I could do.

Water yesterday: 40 oz

p5g7we4f8cqq.jpg
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,632 Member
    Morning all, sitting here on hold with the insurance company. this is 4 days into it..LOL. I had to look up on You Tube how to put my Iphone on speaker..LOL. I was tired of straining to hear the hold music...LOL
    Not sure that I ate well, I didn't track, it was birthday day celebration for the 3 birthdays we have here locally in our family. I have 5 others that live out of town...A few adults were busy 9 months ago. LOL They are not all from the same couple...out of town ones include 1 brother, 3 nephews, and 1 would it be a great nephew? I am not sure what's that called..LOL

@trooworld glad you are on other meds, hope this one works and you don't have to go the surgery route. Hopefuly you didn't get covid, but rest is for sure the best medicine. I laughed to myself...You always love to do things in style...great job on the cane. I am sure my mom would have done the same thing if she knew those were available.

@gemwolf110 Sounds like you are doing great! I love to clean and declutter..makes you feel so accomplished.

@theslightedgeforever no we don't want to be like our parents...we want better for us and I am sure they would too...

cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    @trooworld I’m sorry that you are still sick. The cane looks nice. @trooworld Being on hold is really frustrating. I know what you mean about birthdays. It seems we have a lot of celebrations back to back. My son is already talking about Labor Day and the cake he’s going to make. Hi, all. Today was a swim day. DH and I had to go to Sam’s Club to get our glasses so we did some shopping. We got salmon, ribeye steaks, croutons and the bread I like that sometimes is hard to find. I cooked dinner tonight: salmon in the air fryer, rice, and salad with homemade dressing. We have enough salmon to have for lunch tomorrow.
  • trooworld
    @cbabie Oh that just zaps your energy to deal with those people, doesn't it? And for 4 days! Oh gosh. I'm glad you got the iPhone thing figured out. I need to start tracking again, too, I haven't tracked for about 3 weeks. Lots of birthdays in August for me, too, luckily they all live on the East coast. 3 birthdays in September here though. Yeah I hope I don't have to have surgery but I bet I will. I think I don't have COVID, I've taken two tests now. I've been sleeping a lot and that will definitely help. LOL yeah I do! Your mom sounds fun.

@fabgeekmom Thank you. Oh my, a special cake on Labor Day, how can you resist? Good job with the swim. That sounds like a yummy dinner!

Hi all. I took another COVID test yesterday and it was negative again so I don't think it is COVID. I contacted my doctor to make sure it wasn't a side effect of the new medication and she said there is a lot of stuff going around right now. It's not related to my new med. I'm feeling a bit better today but will stay home, I don't think I have the stamina to stay at work all day. I might do some work from home, if I can sit up for that long. Yesterday, I could only sit up for about 30 mins at a time before I had to lay down.

Water yesterday: 30 oz

• fabgeekmom
    @trooworld I hope you’re feeling better. Hi, all. The heat has come back but at least we don’t have the high 90’s. I went for a walk this morning before it got too hot. I also did indoor exercises. Tonight is family dinner night and I am making a Mexican spaghetti recipe that was on the spaghetti box. I made enchilada sauce, using a ST recipe. I hope it is good. It can’t be bad with pasta, pinto beans, the enchilada sauce and ground beef.
  • trooworld
    @fabgeekmom Thanks. I am feeling a bit better but not 100%. I'm glad you went for your walk before it got too hot. Good job with the exercise! I hope your recipe turns out well.

Hi all. Still feeling sick a bit but I took my 3rd Covid test and it's negative and no fever so I'm going to work today. I wish I could stay home but I have to stop burning through my vacation time as I need it for my bariatric surgery.

Water yesterday: 30 oz

• fabgeekmom
    @trooworld It’s good that you don’t have Covid. I can understand why you went to work. I hope you feel better soon. Hi, all. Everyone enjoyed the meal last night except I thought it was too spicy. My granddaughter said it wasn’t spicy at all. I guess I’m a wimp. I don’t even put pepper on my eggs. Today was a swim day. DH couldn’t go as he tripped over some tree roots and twisted his ankle. He has been icing the ankle and staying put. I think he’ll be okay. Dinner tonight was barbecue and stew DS made last Sunday and put in the freezer. He also made slaw.
  • trooworld
    @fabgeekmom Yes indeed. Thanks. That's too bad that your dinner was too spicy. Oh no, I hope your DH's ankle is okay. I hope you enjoyed dinner.

Hi all. Well, I went to work but only lasted until 11:30 am (and that was pushing it). I don't know what I have but whatever it is is decimating my vacation time. I'm going to work from home the rest of the week and hopefully find a time to go to the doctor. I'm sick of feeling so fatigued that I can't sit up. It's not normal.

• fabgeekmom
    @trooworld It’s good that you can work from home. Hi, all. I walked outside even though it was hot. I also did my strength workouts and the bike. We had salad and pizza for dinner tonight. DS made and froze it last Sunday. Plus we had a small piece of really good chocolate for dessert.
  • trooworld
    @fabgeekmom Yes. I'm grateful for that ability. Good job with the exercise.Yummy meal.

Hi all. I tried to make a doctor's appt but there wasn't anything available in the next two weeks. I didn't want to go to urgent care so I called the nurse line of my insurance. She told me it was likely I had COVID or at the very least, the flu, and there was no need to go to urgent care. She said to just stay home and rest. I worked until 1 pm and then clocked out for the day and took a nap. I'm trying something new with our menu at home: since DH cooks 3-4 times a week, I told him to pick out 3-4 recipes and give me a list of what he needs. This takes away his ability to complain about the recipes being complicated or not liking them. It's the second week of doing this and it's working out really well, so far.

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,632 Member
    Morning all, I am still trying to get the routine down of getting myself ready, baby girl ready for school and all other things I have to do in the morning. So this communication got pushed back. Sorry for that.
    I have been eating like a pig at night, not sure what is going on, but I have to stop it. I am doing another challenge starting next week. It's the one I do and I gain weight instead of losing weight. I guess I am a glutton for punishment. LOL

@fabgeekmom Sounds like you are very busy and yet staying on track. I am like you I don't use pepper or salt most of the time. I guess I just like bland. (not really). just don't like spicy, hot things. I was thinking of getting a bike, but I have decided to wait for a bit. You like yours?

@trooworld So sorry you have been so sick. No it's not normal to not have any energy like that. It could be a false negative on the covid. It's a good thing you can work from home and still keep your vacation time. LOL. It sounds like you may have found a solution to the meal situation. I hope it continues to work , sounds like a good plan to me

cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    @trooworld I think you got good advice from the nurse. As @cbabie said, you probably had a false negative on the Covid test. Your meal plan sounds like a good one. @cbabie You have a lot going on! But try to find something to replace the night time eating. It sounds like you are self soothing with food. Hi, all. Today was a swim day. Tonight is steak night.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,467 Member
    @trooworld hope you’re feeling better. If it’s an older test and infected by a newer variant it may not be positive and give you a false negative. That’s what happened to my friend. Rapid came up negative, pcr was positive