Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,456 Member
    @cbabie I'm so sorry about your knee. I hope it improves soon. Oh man, I've done that with yogurt and it's a MESS! And then to have to pick it up with a bad knee, ugh. I know that song (thanks to my niece and nephew lol).

@fabgeekmom Thank you. I do feel more comfortable with them and I trust them more to do the job right. Good job with the swim! You always eat so well.

@theslightedgeforever Well, good job! Yes, I believe I'm in good hands and I already trust them more in the little interactions I've had than the other surgery center that I've been trying to work with for the last year. Thank you! Good job with the gym. And you did well with food, too!

Hi all. I have physical therapy this morning for my knee. I don't have high hopes for it to help, I don't see how it can help arthritis, but we'll see. I should be more optimistic lol. It's cooled down by about 20 degrees here, it's in the mid-70s now and it's really nice. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but last night while watching TV, I put on my oversized fleece-lined hoodie! It was wonderful. I'm getting my hair cut today. Same cut, so nothing earth-shattering, but it will feel good.

Water yesterday: 99.5 oz

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • fabgeekmom
    fabgeekmom Posts: 565 Member
    @trooworld I hope PT went well. I’m also loving the cooler weather. Hi, all. I went grocery shopping this morning and that definitely should count as exercise! Since DH has been hurt, I have no help shopping or putting groceries away. DS was working. I did go for a walk when I got home. I ride the exercise bike for 15 minutes while I talked to my cousin (on the phone). I had salmon for lunch on some arugula and cooked a spaghetti squash in the instant pot. Tonight is steak night.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,288 Member
    @trooworld I have arthritis in my hips and the PT really helped me. Plus some tips she gave me for my knee really helped. I can get up and down off the floor now and sit back on my heels with my knees bent. Couldn't do that before I had to kind of move the right leg out at an angle. I'm glad it's cooling down there. How was your food today?

@fabgeekmom Yaaay on your walk and bike ride while talking. I was just reading last night about getting in some kind of movement while you are on the phone. I have never eaten spaghetti squash.

I forgot my watch on the charger til about 4 pm. I hate when I do that. I was at the mall and walked all over. Found me a nice pair of shoes on sale at Macy's for $17. No exercise today and food was so-so.
  • trooworld
    edited September 14
    @fabgeekmom Thanks. It's a lot of work to get the groceries and then put them away, I say it counts! :D Good job with the exercise.

@theslightedgeforever Oh that's good to know. My food was crap lol. For breakfast: air-fried tater tots + air-fried breaded chicken bites. For lunch: tuna noodle casserole. For dinner: Italian Sausage Pasta. I don't usually eat so many simple carbs in one day but there it is. I've been having my husband pick out 4 recipes to make each week (so he can't complain that the recipes I pick out are too complicated) and each one he picks seems to have rice or pasta. :( This next week will be better. We are having:
    - Roasted Sweet Potato and Chickpea Bowls
    -13 bean chili + beer bread
    -Chicken curry (his choice)
    -Kung pao chicken (his choice)
    -Turkey meatloaf + mashed sweet potatoes + veggie (his choice)
    -parm crusted tilapia + coconut lime rice + veggie (his choice)
    -Greek Chicken Chopped Salad with Lemon Tahini Vinaigrette
    I hate it when I forget my watch on the charger! Nice find at Macy's. I say all that walking counts as exercise (even if your watch didn't count it!).

Hi all. PT was okay. She said I need to come about 4-6 times, once a week. That works out pretty well for me. I feel a bit bloated from all the carbs I've been eating. I'm looking forward to tonight's roasted sweet potato and chickpea bowls even though it's more carbs, it's complex carbs. I have a nice and relaxing Saturday ahead of me: I'm not picking up groceries until tomorrow. I will probably go to coffee with my husband. I may go to water aerobics if I can get up the nerve. I'm getting both the COVID and flu vaccines today. That's really about it. Oh, my old surgery center finally got back to me saying they would try to schedule me before the end of the year. I told them I had decided to go with a different center!

Water yesterday: 20 oz

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,632 Member
    Morning all, yesterday I can't remember how the day went. I was really tired and kept dozing..LOL. My knee is a little better. I found icing it helps for longer periods of time now. I only remember them getting me on the exercise bike when I broke my knee I hated it. LOL I made this blueberry bread..My machine I think was trying to die, it took 3 hours and unfortunately it was really good. I was the only one eating it and told DH he needed to eat some and he hasn't so I THREW it in the trash. I know I would eat the whole loaf.

@theslightedgeforever Yes 5 min would be a start thank you. I always try to do perfection and all of the "normal" movement. You know all or nothing me....Yea I forgot my watch on the charger last night..so my sleep didn't get counted..or anything that I did before bed. LOL

@fabgeekmom Yes it does count. groceries can be very heavy and you do get a lot of movement in putting them away. LOL

@trooworld I got my hair cut and it felt good..I had taken the summer off from cutting it and it grew out too much...I couldn't wait. I was tired of a pony tail LOL. Good job telling the old facility you went with someone else...however based on their customer service they probably don't care. LOL. Great meal planning.. I still have to do that today.

Cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    @theslightedgeforever That’s too bad that you forgot your watch, but your body knows you exercised. Walking at the mall is exercise. Good deal on the shoes. @trooworld I’m glad PT worked out okay. The meal plan sounds good. I bet it was satisfying to say you found another center for your surgery. @cbabie Good job on throwing away the bread. I also find that icing helps. I hope that you feel better soon. Hi, all. Today was swim day. My granddaughter had a virus so she and her family didn’t come over. DS made pizza and dinner and it was really good. It was crispy because he used a pizza stone. And not greasy as he used low fat mozzarella and turkey pepperoni. He also put mushrooms and onions on it. I made a salad with ATK lower fat Caesar dressing.
  • trooworld
    @cbabie You must have needed the rest! I'm glad your knee is a little better and that you found something that helps. Blueberry bread sounds really yummy. Could you have frozen it in individual slices? Yeah it feels good to get your hair cut. Yeah that old surgery center was probably like, "NEXT!" Oh well, whatever! Thanks.

@fabgeekmom Thanks! It actually was very satisfying to fire them lol. Good job with the swim. I love pizza made with a pizza stone, we have one, too. Yummy pizza.

Hi all. My husband and I were out and about the whole day. By the time dinner rolled around, I realized the kitchen was a mess and I did not want to both clean the kitchen and cook and my DH refused to clean the kitchen. So, we got pizza. Today will be another busy day. I'm meeting a friend for coffee, going grocery shopping, then going to a bookstore for a book discussion and more coffee. I'm going to try to do some crafting today. Yesterday, I did manage to make a Halloween craft.

• fabgeekmom
    @trooworld I can see that you had a busy day. Hi, all. I didn’t do much today. Of course, I did my usual exercise. Today was a walk and strength day. We had salad and pizza for lunch. Tonight we are having grilled chicken, air fried baby potatoes and ratatouille. My son made the ratatouille last week and I froze the leftovers. I marinated the chicken in olive oil, lemon zest, garlic and salt.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,288 Member
    @trooworld Can you post the sweet potato chick pea bowl recipe? Did you go to water aerobics?
    Maybe you could double up on some of your recipes and freeze half for the days when you are tired and don't want to cook and clean. You can just pop it into the microwave like a frozen dinner. I went out for coffee today too. What book are you going to discuss? I just read a really good book. It was one of the Amazon First Reads this month. Remember Me Tomorrow.

@cbabie Next time slice the blueberry bread and then freeze it. Then you can occasionally bring out a piece and toast it. Ha. I just read @trooworld's next post and she had same idea as me. :D Did you do your meal planning? I did mine today for this next week. I'm using the MFP blueprint for f&v and I've got it all worked out for 4 weeks now. So now it doesn't take long. I just see which veggies I'm doing and then plug those into pinterest and whatever recipes come out I just use that.

@fabgeekmom Sorry about your granddaughter. That pizza sounds really good. I was looking for some turkey pepperoni the other day and couldn't find it. How much lemon zest do you use for that marinade?

I made a cabbage, broccoli, red pepper stir fry tonight with a bit of diced chicken on it. It was really good and quick since I used ready made John Soules chicken. It was one of those decisions do I cook what I planned and then I don't have time for the gym or do I find a quicker recipe that's healthy. I just used a bag of coleslaw for the cabbage and then cut up the rest. Then I went to the gym. I did a hill program on the treadmill and did 20 minutes in Zone 2 and 10 other minutes in Zone 1. Then some stretching. Then came home and ate. So I feel good about my choices today. I actually lost some weight too this week. 2.8 lbs

• trooworld
    @fabgeekmom Yes! That's good you did your exercise. I hope dinner was good.

@theslightedgeforever Sure, here it is (I was going to serve it over farro but you can do brown rice or quinoa): https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/roasted-sweet-potato-and-chickpea-bowls/ I did not go to water aerobics. It seems my husband likes to monopolize my time on the weekends, I've noticed. That's a good idea to double up recipes although they already serve at least 4 servings. I made chili last night that serves 8, I'll probably freeze the leftovers. I love going out for coffee! We go out each day on the weekend for coffee and sit and read. The book discussion: it was interesting. It was held in a bookstore that I like a lot. There was only one person doing the discussion, it was more of a book talk. He gave a quick synopsis of some books that he's been reading and/or that have come out recently in either hardback or paperback. We sat and drank more coffee while he did this. Some of the books he discussed:
    All That Glitters by Orlando Whitfield - this is a true story about art theft
    The Best Short Stories 2024: The O. Henry Prize Winners
    Tell Me Everything by Elizabeth Strout (he didn't describe this, only mentioned it came out)
    The Life Impossible: A Novel by Matt Haig - he wrote the Midnight Library which got a lot of hype but I didn't really enjoy
    Somewhere Beyond the Sea by TJ Klune - I have been waiting for this to come out and got it on Audible! It's part II of House in the Cerulean Sea.
    Thanks for the Amazon First Reads, I never know what to pick and usually end up picking nothing! That was a good decision to make the stir fry. Good job with the gym and weight loss! Sorry this is so long lol.

Hi all. My new surgery center sent me a tracking app to use (Baritastic, it is specific to bariatric patients). I am tracking 100% honestly and I can see why I've been gaining weight. I started using it on Saturday: 2,787 cals was my total. Sun: 2,364 cals. Today should be better. Weekends have been bad lately as far as eating goes as sometimes we go out for a beer and there is usually some sort of dessert or pizza. I made chili in the Instant Pot last night for dinner, it came out really well. I used dried beans. I also made beer bread which was really good. I've made that before, it's a favorite. I'm looking into getting a rebounder, which is a small exercise trampoline. I am going to sell my walking pad as I don't use it and probably won't. I wish there was a way to "try before you buy". I think I will use the rebounder as it is supposed to be fun. Nobody ever called a treadmill "fun".

• cbabie
    Morning all, I am going to call the Dr today as my knee is still bum, but it is much better. I even got up this morning first time and was not in pain..however as the morning as went, It is stiff and hurts again LOL. I didn't eat well, but I didn't go on a binge, so its a win for me :). I still have to make my meal plan, but still have a couple left from last week so I have time to do it today. I am going to be helping in my daughters class tomorrow, should be fun.

@trooworld Yes I don't really like my walking pad, I prefer a treadmill so I can walk the incline. Maybe in a bit I will be able to get one. I won't do the trampoline yet. LOL I know the kids have fun on the trampoline...I think bouncing is a stress releaser.

@fabgeekmom I hope your grand daughter feels better. I have had sick kids and thankfully they are on the mend! I am going to try to make a pizza this week. I have a pan I bought a long time ago and have never used..it's time.

@theslightedgeforever Yes I could have frozen it but then I still and the only one eating it. I am going to make it again this week as it was really good. I am going to give 2/3's of it away, or at least try. If not I will freeze it. I like being able to cook and have it for future as well.

cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    @theslightedgeforever You’ve made good choices with food and exercise. That was a substantial weight loss! I use the zest of one lemon. You probably could juice the lemon and add it to the marinade. @trooworld I have already read the Elizabeth Strout book and I enjoyed it. I didn’t know about the sequel you mentioned and ordered it on Audible. I tried to put a hold on it and the wait time was too long. Plus I had 1 credit. The weekend can really be a challenge especially since you like to go out places. But now you see what you have to do. @cbabie Too bad about your knee. I think most of the time pain increases as the day goes on. So hopefully you called the doctor. Hi, all. I went swimming today. Lunch was leftovers from last night. Tonight we’re having meatloaf that I made last week and froze. Plus potatoes from last night and salad. DS is out of town so I am doing the cooking.
  • trooworld
    @cbabie I'm glad you are calling the doctor. I hope they can help. I hope your knee holds up okay to help in the class. Yeah, I am just not one to like either a walking pad or treadmill, I find it boring lol. I think I am someone who needs fun in everything lol. And I could use some stress relief!

@fabgeekmom Oh that's good to hear about the book. I hope you like the new TJ Klune book. I really liked the first one! That's good you had a credit on Audible. I hope it's the same narrator, I thought the first narrator did a good job. Yeah I have a love/hate relationship with weekends. I love all the fun but hate the way I eat! Good job with the swim. I love to have leftovers in the freezer.

Hi all. I was able to schedule my gallbladder ultrasound for the beginning of October, so I'm one step closer to being approved for surgery. It has been nice weather here the past 3 or so days: low to mid-70s with some misty rain. Much better than the hot weather we were having, although it is supposed to warm up again this weekend.

Water yesterday: 82 oz

• fabgeekmom
    @trooworld That’s good that you are closer to your surgery. Yes, the narrator is the same. I started listening and it is really good. Hi, all. I went to the recreation center and worked out on the recumbent elliptical, listening to the T J Klune book. Then I went grocery shopping. I made 2 soups for the rest of the week: Skinnytaste creamy chicken and mushroom soup and another chicken soup with corn, butter beans, and tomatoes. Tonight we are having the spaghetti rings with beef. I’m making extra for leftovers.
  • trooworld
    @fabgeekmom Yes, I'm getting excited. That's good the narrator is the same. I'm glad to hear you like it. i have the audiobook from Audible but it will probably be a little while before I can listen to it as I have 17 holds with the library that will probably all come in at once lol. I will probably squeeze it in though, and do "deliver later" on some of those titles. Good job with the rec center! All that food sounds amazing. :D

Hi all. Nothing much going on here. My husband's phone is acting up so we have to take it to a repair shop after work. Luckily, he pretty much prepped everything we are having for dinner tonight last night. I'm already really tired, I woke up at 3:17 am and decided to just get up. It's going to be one of those days.

Water yesterday: 89.1 oz

• fabgeekmom
    @trooworld Getting up that early really tires you out. For the last 2 days I have woken up at 5:00. Having a meal prepped really helps. Hi, all. DH had his surgery today. He’s doing well. Luckily we got a scooter and that is really helping. I didn’t get any exercise today as we got home about 1:30 and I didn’t feel like exercising. Plus I didn’t want to leave him alone. Our daughter took us to the surgery center and stayed with us a while. We ate the creamy chicken and mushroom soup and a toasted cheese sandwich for lunch. Tonight we’re eating the spaghetti rings I cooked last night.
  • trooworld
    @fabgeekmom Yes it does! And yes, meal prepping helps. I'm glad your DH had his surgery and it went well. That soup sounds good, is it from Skinnytaste? Do you have the recipe link?

Hi all. We didn't end up going to the phone repair place but we will go tonight. We do have leftover stuff in the fridge if it takes too long. I got better sleep last night. I'm considering getting a rebounder (mini-trampoline) but I wanted to try it before I buy it. I did a Google search and found a place that has rebounder fitness classes: https://sandiegoboogiebounce.com/ That link has a video of the class going on, it's neat to see. I need to call to make sure they still have the classes but I think it's a good option to try them.

Water yesterday: 116.3 oz

• fabgeekmom
    @trooworld That’s a good idea to try the trampoline first. Also you’ll find out how the jumping affects your knees. It’s good that you have leftovers to eat when you’re too busy to cook. I don’t have a link to the soup. If you go the Skinnytaste site, look up creamy chicken and mushroom soup. Then you’ll see the recipe. Hi, all. DH is recovering well. I exercised inside today . Tonight I prepared dinner: air fried chicken, rice and roasted delicata squash.
  • trooworld
    @fabgeekmom Yes, that's a good point. Okay, thanks I found it. I'm glad your DH is recovering well. Good job with the exercise. I hope you enjoyed dinner!

Hi all. Not much going on here. I'm picking up our groceries tonight because we have a busy weekend. I hate picking my groceries up after work: the stores are really busy and it's hard to find parking in the pick-up area. It's very stressful for me and shoots my anxiety up very high. I have a physical therapy appt today. I've been doing the exercises with a few exceptions.

Water yesterday: 92.8 oz

• cbabie
    Morning all, My knee has been awful, I did go to the Dr, had to get it x-rayed and just waiting for the Dr to call me. If she doesn't call by 3 today, I am calling her. It's been 2 days and it should be back by now.
    Otherwise same old news here.

@trooworld glad you are going in the right direction with your surgery. As always you guys are always so busy. Sorry the grocery store gives you so much anxiety. I think that's why I buy online and have delivery..LOL. I hate being around so many people. Plus where I go I have to bag all my own groceries. I think I am getting lazy. :)

@fabgeekmom So glad DH is doing well. He has a great support team. I love soup and grilled cheese sandwiches..

cbabie