Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,288 Member
    Hi all. I went to Minneapolis on Wednesday. I woke up this morning with my knee hurting. No idea why. If it's not my shoulder its my knee. lol Probably my body protesting saying just move. I think only day I went to the gym was on Monday. Tuesday I was hurting bad in upper body since I did heavier weights. Food has been not good. Although I did order the Black and Bleu Salmon salad at Mall of America. It's so good. I ate half. Also ate half of my biscuits and gravy at breakfast. There was a song in High School Musical that my daughter watched repeatedly called Get your head in the game. That's what I need to do.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,456 Member
    @cbabie You'll get there. I hope the challenge goes better than anticipated. I, unfortunately, cannot keep my vacation time: I used up at least 20 hours while sick. It was a big hit to my hours. Thanks, it is working!

@fabgeekmom Yeah I think so. I hope you enjoyed the swim and steak.

@gemwolf110 No, it wasn't an older test, they were brand-new tests from the store. But I still think it was a false positive. Interesting about your friend.

@theslightedgeforever I'm sorry about your knee. I hope it's just temporarily hurting. That salad sounds delicious. We are getting salmon and smoking it today. I love biscuits and gravy, probably my favorite breakfast. My husband makes amazing biscuits and gravy. Get your head in the game. :)

Hi all. I am so tired, we went to bed at midnight and I don't know why I stay up late when I know I can't sleep in. Like clockwork, my body wakes me up around 4 am. Today, it was 3:50 am. Ugh. I'm glad I can take my time today to get things done. The only real thing I have to do is pick up my grocery orders. I also have a Spanish lesson.

Water yesterday: 50.3 oz

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • fabgeekmom
    fabgeekmom Posts: 565 Member
    @theslightedgeforever I’m sorry about your knee. I know about knee pain. I hope you are feeling better. Yes, get back in the game! You’ve been traveling and eating good food so it is hard to get back to the routine. @trooworld That’s hard when you wake up so early. I hope you were able to rest today. Hi, all. This morning DH’s ankle looked really swollen so we went to urgent care. He has a hair line fracture and has to wear a boot. He got a referral to a walk in orthopedic clinic so we will go on Tuesday. Luckily he is not in too much pain. DS grilled chicken and made an eggplant dish. We ate it with pitas, lettuce, tomatoes and hummus. We have leftovers for lunch tomorrow.
  • trooworld
    @fabgeekmom Yes! Unfortunately, not much resting was done yesterday. Good thing you guys went to urgent care. I'm glad your DH isn't in too much pain.

Hi all. I did a little bit of cleaning yesterday but with only 3 hours of sleep, I really couldn't get much done. We went out for breakfast and then got some groceries and then I came home and took an hour's nap. I made Southern Tomato Pie and Air-Fried Cornmeal Shrimp for dinner last night, it was really good. Tonight, I am making Orange Chicken and broccoli. The Orange Chicken is made with a bag of frozen popcorn chicken, so it should be nice and easy! I am feeling almost 100% better from whatever it was I had.

Water yesterday: 40.3 oz

• fabgeekmom
    @trooworld All those recipes sound good. I’m glad you are feeling better. Hi, all. I went swimming today. We had chicken pitas for lunch. DS made enough chicken for us to have several meals. Tonight we are having the traditional Labor Day meal: hotdogs, hamburgers, etc. My cousin is bringing salad and I made homemade Ranch dressing. DS has made macaroni salad and chocolate cake. We have ice cream, too so it’s a calorie blow out. But good!
  • trooworld
    @fabgeekmom Thanks. Good job with the exercise! Sounds like good food.

Hi all. I worked most of the day deep cleaning our condo. We took 7 bags of clothing and shoes to the Goodwill. Most of those bags were mine. I may have more bags of shoes, I have to go through another area in my closet where I keep shoes. I don't know if the Goodwill is open today and I'm really worn out anyway. I didn't cook last night, no energy. Instead, we got a salad pack and a frozen pizza.

Water yesterday: 30 oz

• fabgeekmom
    @trooworld That was a lot to do! Pizza and salad sounds good. Hi, all. I’m sluggish today as I got up earlier than usual. I’m going to make myself get up and exercise. Lunch is a burger from last night and dinner is chicken from Saturday.
  • trooworld
    @fabgeekmom Yeah, it was a little too much lol. I hope you had a good day.

Hi all. Well, I must have done too much on Sunday as I had trouble walking yesterday. I used my cane all day. I didn't really want to go out and about but my husband wanted to so we went for coffee and then a beer later in the day. I didn't do any other cleaning yesterday but I felt good about the cleaning I did on Saturday and Sunday.

Water yesterday: 30 oz

• fabgeekmom
    @trooworld It sounds like you had a good day even though things may not have gone like you wanted them to. Hi, all. Today was a good day. I went swimming. DH made an appointment with the orthopedic doctor for next week. I cooked dinner tonight. It was really simple: grilled pork chops, salad, corn and a jicama salad. We had a small piece of really good chocolate for dessert. Luckily the cake is gone!
  • trooworld
    @fabgeekmom Yes. I'm glad you also had a good day. Good job with the swim. Dinner sounds good. That's good the cake is gone, it is much easier to resist that way!

@cbabie @theslightedgeforever Hello ladies! Where are you???

Hi all. I forgot to take my arthritis medication yesterday morning and ended up in pain and needing to use my cane again. I'm glad I brought it to work with me. My husband made 2-ingredient dough pizza pockets last night, they were really good.

Water yesterday: 90.9 oz

• fabgeekmom
    @trooworld That’s too bad that you forgot your medication. It’s good that you had the cane. 2 ingredient dough is good. Hi, all. After breakfast I’m going to Sam’s Club. I usually go with DH but I’ll have to go by myself. Then I’ll get started on my exercise. It’s cool outside so I will go for a walk. Tonight’s dinner is leftover spaghetti sauce in the freezer.
  • trooworld
    @fabgeekmom Yes. Yes. Yes! :) A nice walk in the cool air sounds relaxing and refreshing.

Hi all. I remembered my medication but I was still in a bit of pain so I used my cane. Tonight, we have to pick up 8 racks of ribs and some other groceries from my MIL: we are having a surprise birthday party for my SIL on Saturday at her cousin's house. We are going to cook everything at our house, starting with the ribs on Friday night (and also on Saturday morning). I don't know how we will get everything done but I guess we'll find a way.

Water yesterday: 93.3 oz

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,632 Member
    Morning guys, I have only a minute. Its been a week....baby in er for croup, I fell last night down the steps...knee went wrong way...Oh how fun life is. I will. try to get on here later, but I have to get baby girl up for school...smh. I am so over this. I just wanted you to know I am alive and am sorry I haven't been on here this week.

Cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    @trooworld The party sounds like fun. Good luck with the ribs. Yum! @cbabie Sorry about the fall and the baby with croup. I hope you didn’t hurt yourself too bad. Hi, all. It’s still cool and fall like. I went swimming today. DH drove his truck for the first time. He said he didn’t have any trouble driving. Dinner was air fried shrimp, rice and broccoli. I was the cook tonight.
  • trooworld
    @cbabie Oh gosh! That sounds terrible. I am so sorry about your week. Big hugs.

@fabgeekmom Thank you! That's nice that you are having cool weather. Good job with the swim. That's good your DH didn't have trouble driving. Yummy dinner. Good job.

Hi all. We are having a heatwave right now, when I got home from work at 5:00 pm, it was 100F in our neighborhood! Ridiculous. I hate September for the weather. I hate when people say, "San Diego has such nice weather. It's in the 70s all year long." WRONG! Come in September and you'll see differently lol. I am working from home today, I may have to park myself in the bedroom in the AC. We'll see.

Water yesterday: 92.7 oz

• fabgeekmom
    @trooworld Wow, 100 degrees is really hot! I definitely would park myself in the room with AC. Hi, all. I walked outside today and it was nice out. I also did my strength workouts. Tonight DS is making ATK air fried chicken sandwiches and coleslaw. I made polenta and put it in a casserole dish so I can put it in the broiler.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,632 Member
    Afternoon all, I haven't done anything but sit mostly with ice on my knee. LOL. I am getting better slowly day by day. Baby is much better, thank the Lord. I can't stand when kids are sick...I feel helpless. I think it's been 3 months since I have "exercised". I am going to try to do arms tonight if anything...can't do any walking or anything that might tweak my knee..

@trooworld It was 100 last night about 10pm, so yeah I am with you on the hot and aren't we supposed to see fall soon? LOL

@fabgeekmom your dinner tonight sounds yummy, I love coleslaw. Glad you did your strength workouts..so important as we age.

Cbabie
  • fabgeekmom
    @cbabie I’m glad you and baby are better. Icing really helps. Upper body exercise would be good. Just try for a few minutes as a start. The coleslaw was good, especially since DS uses low fat mayonnaise and low fat sour cream.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,467 Member
    cbabie wrote: »
    Morning guys, I have only a minute. Its been a week....baby in er for croup, I fell last night down the steps...knee went wrong way...Oh how fun life is. I will. try to get on here later, but I have to get baby girl up for school...smh. I am so over this. I just wanted you to know I am alive and am sorry I haven't been on here this week.

Cbabie

Hope you all are doing better. Doesn’t sound like a good week at all.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,288 Member
    I have no idea when the last time I checked in here. I know before Labor Day weekend cause my son came and visited us and here were are and it's Friday. Food has been so-so. Exercised on Labor Day and that's it. Wish I had better news. My hubby hurt his neck so I'm dealing with that. I'm not a good nursemaid. I don't think it runs in the family's genes. So I hope you all are doing better on your health journey than I did this week. Tomorrow is a new day. My plan is to eat a salad for lunch.