Options
    Joyce - Sending love and hugs! <3<3<3

Carol - Hope your birthday is going GREAT,! ♡☆♡☆♡☆♡

Can't wait for photos, Rori and Lisa!

Love Heather UK
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the nice comments on my hair and yes to a few of you I am going to be 52 in october.

Caroll happy birthday.

Joyce feel your pain regarding the headache. So dry here and hot that my allergies and sinus are paying for it. Hope you sleep better tonight.

Lisa my phone won't either only on my computer.

Becca totally understand the apartment dwelling. That has been what has stopped me from buying a condo beside the fact I have a pitbull and no one wants her. I currently own a two family but my sister rents my upper unit so it works out well.

Anne from Wisconsin
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Spent 2 hours in the pool; walking and doing a lot of flutter kicking! Weather is beautiful. I have a DH that works all the time, too! He's 74. Out mowing the grass in this heat. But, he has been asleep (probably for at least an hour-and-a-half. He is still 'in pain' from that damn catheter. He is calling his MD about it tomorrow. He doesn't 'like' taking any kind of medication ... especially one that has a side effect of being addictive. I told him that the MDs are going to make sure he doesn't get enough to get addicted; just to keep him 'out-of-pain'. Says he can't work when he takes in the AM. He is so upset; but, nothing that can be done yet. Other than take him to the ER; who will probably look at him and tell him to 'call his own MD' on Monday. I really 'think' he is afraid that 'if he retires' he won't live after that. His granddaddy retired from the Dixie Crystal Sugar Factory in Savannah, move to Kingsley Lake in FL and died about a year later; even though he seemed to be in 'good health'. That was before we married. One of his granddaddy died shortly after we met; but, I had not met his parents yet. So I did not go with him. I wish I could have met his paternal grandfather ... he spoke with a strong Cajun accent; they moved to Savannah when they were building the factory, so he could help with building the boiler (that was his job, boilermaker). He could not speak or read English (he spoke French) and his workers taught him how so they could transfer him to Savannah. On the DCF, the only place to put his family of 10 was the recreation hall. When they got there they had to wash the whole place, inside and out with 'lye' to clean it and make sure there were no lice or stuff like that. "Little Grannie" was PG and gave birth to a stillborn baby boy. They figured that it was because of breathing in the lye. The stories that DH's uncles and aunts would make you laugh so hard you had tears in your eyes. Much like "Jeannie Robertson". One story would be told by one; then another would start with another. I tried to use my dictation skills; but, I could not get past the laughter. DH is the 2nd born grandchild; and supposedly the oldest one did get his mother to tell him all the stories. But, I doubt that he ever wrote anything down. I remember meeting him and his wife; and, one of their children had measles so bad, inside and out. He was so pitiful ... couldn't eat or swallow very well, so he had to eat baby food; not thrilled about that because he was about 3- or 4-years-old. By the time our boys came along they had the MMR vaccination. DYS had a reaction to it about 10 days after having it. So when he went off to college he could not take the 2nd dose and his Pediatrician had to write the schools. If they had had an outbreak; he would have had to 'drop out' until the epidemic was over. Both boys had mild case of chicken pox, back-to-back; and, both had terrible cases of 'shingles'. I took the "Shingles" shot; but I don't think I ever had chicken pox (or maybe it was the Big Red Measles); I was only 6-months old when both my sisters had it. I had seizures when my temperature hit 101.3° and mother said she never had to take ... she knew when it hit that, I had a seizure. DYS had seizures as a baby-young child. Stopped breathing on me after the MMR shot; and, the Pediatrician thinks that was the reason.

Lenora
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    grandmallie - If you find out what 'number'/channel she is on; let me know. That will be a 'good break' from music on the way to see DYS and family.

Thanks, Lenora
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Lisa and Rori, you are both so gorgeous.

Happy,,happy birthday, Peach!

Joyce, just hugs and more hugs.

Pip, good luck naming the airstream. I'm sure you will come up with something. I'm not very creative. Pipmobile is all I've got for a suggestion.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,526 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    took it easy -
    jog- - 41min, 160mhr, 5.7sp, up to -7.0-10.0sjp, 9.40ap, 4.10mi = 400c
    other- 15min, 8# ball toss, 2sets 15, 4diff tosses, bosu ball, etc. = 150c
    total cal 550c
  • pipcd34
    Options
    i was doing some one legged balancing on the bosu ball w/an 8# weight and after i was done (had my headphones on so i couldn't hear anything but my music) this man tapped me on the shoulder and said i was an inspiration and that i was giving everyone else something to aspire to.. i was so appreciative of his comments and found that he was 72yrs old and i told him, that he was the one to aspire to and that i hoped i was just as active when i get to his age. he was in awesome shape. i gave him some tips on balancing and mentioned that it took time to get to be able to do that and with time, he could too. he left me with a big smile.

i used to be an aerobics instructor and let my certification expire long time ago and was told more than once that i should teach again.... i'm good but it was nice to hear.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Options
    :)Carol----m1241.gif

:)Pip, We named our last two vehicles after our mothers (Winnie and Eleanor). When we got our next car after trading in the other two, we didn't name it because it was a problem right from the beginning with the problem with the passenger air bag. When we got the dealer to take it back and find us something comparable for the same money we got the Subaru we have now and loved it on sight and then the catalytic converter went out and we had two different loaner cars until we got the Subaru back. The day it came back, I hugged it and said "Honey, I've missed you so much" and we knew that it's name would be "Honey". Maybe you'll have an spontaneous inspiration for a name for the Airstream like we did for our Subaru.

:)Lisa and Rori, you two are beautiful...thank you for posting the photo.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Carol!!
    Sorry was MIA.Don`t even know I posted last.
    Have some ongoing health issues that need to be resolved.
    Had a knee replacement in june,not ur standard one,had numberous issues following.Had home pt and went to the ortho dr and found out I have a quad tendon tear.Need surgery,PCP,said I wasn`t up for another major surgery.The longer I have to wait the harder it is to repair.Hoping to find an ortho dr that can fix and the ortho dr I had wasn`t right for the job.
    Hope u ladies are doing good.Haven`t read the posts ,will try to catch up
    HUGS jane )from IL)
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Have only started to read when DD stopped in,reading again & next door neighbor came over to borrow 2 eggs. Have eggs on grocery list for tomorrow,so she had to go shopping in the rain.
    It was needed here,flowers are all perked up.
    MICHELE.....have worn Birkenstocks for prob 25 yrs,after DD bought her 1 st pair. Latest pair has a softer foot bed. Only had one pair of clogs...stick with sandals now.Wear them yr round at home,walking shoes or boots in winter.
    As usual,don't remember much of the 3 pages I read..
    BTW,there is a good recipe/tip board on FB for Instant Pot......full of pot heads. :D Takes longer to get food in IP than it does to cook it.
    We saw Mary Chapin Carpenter several yrs ago....she had a pretty voice & nice show. DH would love to see George Strait....but way too $$$. Pat
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Aluminata, Al, Tin Man, Air Apparent, Silver Slipper, Silverfish :) , Rosie the Riveter, Pile of Bolts, Silver Fox, Reynold, Kizzy, Platypus, Sprite.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    barbicat- betty was his mom's name, consuelo is my mom's name, floyd (we named one of the dogs floyd cuz we got him a day after fathers day, kirby's dads name), i dunno, we'll figure out something, may be spontaneous like u said.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Lisa & Rori: I love the Chuckwagon photos. It looks like a great place to have fun in Texas. (lone) :star:

Heather: Your granddaughter is beyond adorable. Thank you for sharing her photo. :smiley:

Pip: My mom named her car Mabel back in the 1940's and long before I came into the picture. Mabel stalled on a railroad track and was demolished by a train. Mom never named another car. That said, we name our boats so why not name an Airstream? I suppose Airial is too obvious. Gizmo and Gypsy are my only other thoughts. Good luck. :bigsmile: Karen has some better ideas. :flowerforyou:

Carol: Happy Birthday! :star::flowerforyou: :heart::

I had a three-hour trail ride with my teacher and another student in place of today's lesson. "It was fun" is a massive understatement. You can probably see the glow from my pleasure from outer space. :bigsmile: :heart: :bigsmile: :heart:

239603iu9tyt3tga.gif

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,196 Member
    Options
    Pip - Sorry to hear about Kirby's problem. You two are very brave and ultra determined. <3 I'm sure you will work out something for the MS ride.

Lisa and Rori - Fabulous! WIWT <3 Rori, do your travels ever bring you to the UK? I think you ought to think of a pressing reason why you need to come on business.

Katla - So happy for you! I have a revolving world on my Calm app. I can see your glow on there! I also have Portland on my World Clock so I know when you westerners are asleep.

I had a delicious nap on the sofa this afternoon after I got back from a food shopping expedition. Of course, that means I am wide awake now at nearly 1 am. ;)

I've been trying to organise another visit to Hove with my DDIL. We are down there in September for DGD's birthday, but the other grandparents are staying over to cover for the nanny's holiday, so we thought we would book a hotel for the night and enjoy ourselves in Brighton. DDIL starts back at work and DGS starts at a new school and the new nanny is starting, so I sensed that they were a bit under pressure and wanted a bit of peace. I don't want to be a nuisance. At last we have arranged for the weekend of the 10th. I'm really pining for the DGC already. We will have to organise a Skype.

Just watched a very good Chilean film, GLORIA. About a middle aged woman. Any of you Spanish learners might enjoy it. Subtitled.

Jane - So sorry to hear of your knee problems. :'( Very frustrating for you.

Love Heather UK
  • pipcd34
    Options
    P
  • blumenstockbj
    blumenstockbj Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday evening.
    Went over calories but I use one of the weekend days as I eat what I want but not trying to be too bad. I did get some walking in today which felt good so my steps increased a little but I still want to try to up them more regularly.
    Thank you everyone for the support and tips that you given me very much appreciated.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Q