WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2016

Options

Replies

• blumenstockbj
    blumenstockbj Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hello to all.
    Today was my weigh in and only lost .4 which is better than gaining just was hoping for more of a loss
    Being new to the group I have really enjoyed reading everyone's remarks. I love the friendly feeling the group gives along with the tips and remarks that others have given have been very appreciated.
    I did get some exercise in today but increasing my steps just don't seem to be as easy as I thought it would be.

Barb Indiana
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Kurl, my Dad died back in 1998 and many years later I was in the choir singing a song that was one of Dad's favorites. All of a sudden, I was bawling right there in front of the church and I had to walk out of the choir loft and leave. Later si figured out that he would never be able to hold my grand children. He was a natural Grandpa. Mom had a day care in a church in a low income neighborhood and he was the official Grandpa to many of those little ones. So just expect to do that over and over again and do it with pride because of how wonderful he was and what a wonderful daughter you were. It never leaves you. You just learn to understand it more.

Lenora, my sister loaned me a swim suit that she kept in her Florida room that they ave a hot tub. It had no support in it at all and I don't care how curvy and wonderful a woman could look, they would still look like a stuffed blue marshmallow in that swimsuit. I begged her to throw it away.

Joyce, Indiana
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,095 Member
    Options

Purl I was in Sweden when my dad past. I wasn't able to be there. On the flight home I saw a rainbow from the plane and felt my dad's presence. I knew he where he wanted to be in the clouds and part of light. It fit him because he was a pilot in the war and he was a chemist who worked on his own on a theory where light played a key role. It brought me much peace. Everyone deals with grief differently. There is no right or wrong. Be kind to yourself.

:heart: Margaret
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    IremiaRe: Congrats on finding a good AC guy. That is much better than gold on a hot, muggy day. :flowerforyou:

Purl62: I'm sorry for the loss of your dad. :heart: :broken_heart::heart:

Barb: Celebrate your losses. Little ones add up to huge changes if you are patient and give yourself time. :bigsmile:

Thanks for the insightful opinions on horse ownership v horse leasing. You have supported my own opinion and given me confidence that I'm on the right track. Now I just need to find the right horse located close to where I want to ride. Today was a "to-do" list sort of day. I took empty cans and bottles to the food bank because they can turn them in for cash then drove recycling, mostly glass bottles, to the recycle center and some large boxes to our storage unit. I lost my key to DH's car somewhere along the way and haven't found it yet. Wish me luck. The last time we replaced VW keys they were costly. :grumble:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Glo: (((Hugs and peace to you.))) May you find comfort in the memories of your mom.

Purl: Your grief is still fresh. Hang in there, a day at a time. I agree that angels emerge when we need them most.

Tonight is my last evening in Texas. It's been a great business trip, but without a doubt the highlight was meeting Lisa and her DH. Such fun. I am certain our paths will cross again as I have more work to complete in West Texas.

My next trip will be to Honolulu. After that, who knows? I may be coming to a city near you. B) Stay tuned. And of course, if you find yourself travelling to the Denver area, I'd love to meet you.

Stay well, friends. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,717 Member
    Options
    Purl62 - I'm so sorry for your loss
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Kylia, your schedule sounds like mostly fun. Have a great week and enjoy those grands. (some of us have none. *sniff, sniff*)

NYKaren, that was so sweet of you to ask the neighbor’s girl to help you set up the classroom. It probably didn’t hurt to have an extra set of hands and I loved doing things like that when I was young. studying-in-class-smiley-emoticon.gif

KarenVA, so glad I could help you with the emoticons. They are such fun but often I don’t have time to use them.

Carrie, welcome back. Yes, this journey is just like life in that it’s a roller coaster. Congrats on losing that pound and 4.5 pounds is a lot!!! What’s you talkin’ bout???? The real thing is to never give up. Ever, ever, ever. Even through the ups and downs. t8410.gif

CarolGA, sorry I missed your birthday. I was too far behind. I hope it was a very t3348.gif

Rori, I hope your elbow is healed soon. Have fun in Texas. The cook out sounds like fun.

Heather, thanks for my Bea fix. She and those beautiful eyes. Oh my. <3

Pip, sorry to hear about Kirby’s accident. I’ll be thinking about names like Tripper or Trekker.

Allie, congrats for getting through to Tom and going to the concert. And on a school night! Lol I love her music so hope you have a wonderful time.

Lisa, wonderful picture of two beautiful ladies. You know we are all so jealous!!!

Pip, yes that was nice to hear. You know you are a star to us. yellow-star-waves-smiley-emoticon.gif

Jane, it was so good to hear from you. I’m sorry for your health issues and hope you can get everything resolved soon. ((((Hugs))))

Katla, what a wonderful treat to get your trail ride.

Heather, good for you on that nap. I often take one if I am at home in the afternoon. I know you are missing the grands.

Charleen, glad you are almost finished with the deck. It seems there are lots of lazy DDs around these days. I have one and so does my bff.

Cheri, so glad you got most things put in some order. That is what I like about moving at least every 10 years….sort and get rid of unneeded things when packing and again when unpacking. Do pace yourself.

MicheleNC, the repairman came on Saturday and found one of the wires outside was plugged in to the wrong “something” and that is what kept causing us to lose service. How frustrating! I’m just glad it’s fixed. The water in the ocean was even warm when we went but just cool enough to still refresh when you first get in. sunscreen-smiley-emoticon.gif

Katla, I guess my main question about buying a horse is how difficult would it be to sell it or lease it out if you found the expense was too much. It sounds like a great idea to me, but I have no idea how expensive it would be and how affordable that is to you. We know you want to so I’d say it’s a matter of you making the decision.

Gloria, so sorry about your mom and about your shingles. I had them years ago and had a mild case because I caught it quickly and got on some medicine. We’ve missed you and glad you are back. I can’t think of any one or two major things that have happened. You will see we have lots of new losers that have joined us. I’m sorry for the way you lost but congrats on that. ((((Hugs))))

Kate UK, we do get “fed up” her in the USA. Lol And yes you are weird to like washing and ironing, although I don’t mind either. Many of the neighborhoods in the US do not allow us to have clotheslines or hang our laundry out. t6013.gif

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. If you haven’t already told us about yourself, please do. We are happy to have you join us.

This morning I did some housework and then went to the gym. I’m just on today’s posts and have two more pages but the sandman is calling me. I had a Moose meeting tonight and between there and home I lost $5 cash and a check for $15 that ladies had given me for one of our fundraisers. *Bummer* I guess that will come out of my pocket unless someone found it at the Lodge and kept it for me. You ladies are all wonderful and such inspirations.
    Sending love and good thoughts to all of you and I hope you all have a Happy and Healthy Day! rainbow-smiley-emoticon.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, blow.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Purl, you ramble any time you want to ! I am sorry for your loss - and glad you can "see" the angels... you know that is a special skill. My dad died in 77, so 39 years ago and I in the last 2-3 years I can suddenly feel him or at the weirdest times smell the pipe tobacco he smoked. I never before felt his presence, I suspect I was not paying attention.

love Kim
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,983 Member
    Options
    :) Lots of time on the exercise bike while watching the Olympics...plus all the usual hours of dog walking...plus some time working in the yard.....had time to read all the posts, but none to respond.

<3 Barbie
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    /
  • Charleen2
    Charleen2 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    m0163.gif
    You know what this means don't you?!

YES! The deck staining job is done! On to the next great adventure...

Charleen in Colorado (Queen of the 5 minute job bucket list - now one job less!)
  • MaryHeadley1
    MaryHeadley1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great work! I checked out Pinterest today for Christmas projects! Cooked roasted chicken for the week & cut up in bite size pieces. Tomorrow I am going to do the Wii Fit Plus!
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    :smile: page 29. I'll get caught up yet
  • Elizabeth2360
    Elizabeth2360 Posts: 181 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hello Ladies,
    After work I had two meetings one after another! 2nd one was over dinner! It was sort of fun but between both I couldn't get to the Y! Today is my pool day I so missed it. Not only the exercise but it is therapeutic to me as well! My work schedule starts going into long days next week! I am going to half to change this up! I am not ready for this my summer is almost over:( ! That is my pity party! It would Be nice to only work 6.5 hour days not my 8 -9 hour days . Need to sit down with DH and really look at the budget :) I can dream anyway!

Happy Birthday Carol!
    Gloria so sorry about your Mom.

I have a lot to get done before bed so need to get moving!
    Have a wonderful night everyone!

Liz
    Caldwell,Idaho
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,359 Member
    Options
    Morning all!
    Off to yoga in a bit. <3:D Looking forward to the company - it's been a bit quiet here since the grandchildren left. :'( Of course I should have got more memoir done, but I can always find ways of avoiding it!!

Hair trim this pm. Hooray!

We've organised ourselves to go up to London next week to have a quick lunch with DH's younger daughter. It's usually only a pizza, but we haven't seen her for ages. I have a 500 calorie one with a hole in the middle for arugula salad. :laugh: Will be nice to catch up. She is the busiest person I know. A busy job as production editor of a women's magazine and she also does their travel page and is ALWAYS going off somewhere on freebies. Now she is in her 40s, DH knows he won't be getting any grandchildren, so he makes the very most of mine. She has a wonderful life, but is still living like someone in their late twenties and mixes with a younger set. Never met the right man, though had a few heartbreaks. I am very fond of her and she always happily accepted me coming into her dad's life. :D<3

Going to make my ham hock and pea soup today. Having it tomorrow. Tonight is Chunky Cod in breadcrumbs (bought) with a tsatsiki dip. Having fresh spinach and runner beans from the garden. Again. This has been a very prolific year for the beans. Four plants have kept us overloaded!
    Our plates are very amusing to look at. A piece of protein, or stew, then a HUGE great mound of veggies piled up. I must take a picture one day. The liver and cabbage was hilarious. Delicious though. And filling for few calories. :D

Love Heather UK
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,809 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    sorry i didnt check in last night, was just tired..
    Glo~ Tom had shingles on his face up on his head and in his mouth,,, went to the ER and he was admitted overnight..and it took a good year or so for the nerve pain to go away, he still has scarring on his face..
    my mom has come back as a great blue heron and shows up in unusual places...
    my granddaughter will be down for a couple hrs this morning and will be with me the next couple thursdays
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Morning, Exactly one year after my mom's passing I woke from a dream of her dancing in a beautiful white sheath-so happy and smiling- I woke with such a feeling of joy and acceptance. Sorry if I've told that one before but the anniversary is coming up again and Purl this is the place to share <3

Many have mentioned air conditioners breaking down and lo and behold our bedroom unit is sputtering out so we've got to deal with that today.

NYKAREN
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,717 Member
    Options
    morning peeps-