What is your gym pet peeve?

Options

Replies

• Mandygring
    Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    i also hate being next to someone who keeps farting bad smelly farts. The other thing is ppl that come in for 5min, don't break a sweat and leave. What's the point of even going to the gym?
  • jenniferburns1989
    jenniferburns1989 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Stinky arm pits..
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    Oh this thread again -_- I see the usual answers but awaiting following answers:
    -women who wear tight clothes
    -women who wear makeup

Shouldn't be long now.

Really? What else are we to wear, a chav tracksuit?
  • computer4
    computer4 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    People that sit on the machines texting.
  • debrag12
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    as someone who works at a gym, I can probably give a different perspective. If you don't restack/put away your weight, the gym staff have to do it for you, and they will hate you with a burning passion. Weight-droppers - all you're doing is damaging the floor, which means the prices of memberships have to go up, as we have to cover the price of replacing/fixing the floor. Same goes for people who bang weights in to walls/mirrors/etc. People who leave the treadmills on an inclination of about 10+ degrees. People who leave blue roll/tissues (especially sweaty dirty ones) all over the floor. That one person who is always "just finishing up" when you're trying to lock up and keeps going for an extra 15-20 minutes. Like, you know when we close, please just leave, we're hungry and tired. Lastly, those people who NEVER leave, they're there all day, from opening til closing. Damn, rant over, didn't realise I had so many pent up issues :')

wait, don't you get paid to do all these things?

Our cleaning lady, Pat, gets paid to clean our office buildings, but that doesn't mean I go around leaving trash all over the ground.

so gym staff should complain about having to re-rack weights and clean up the place where they work at? Back when I worked in restaurants I had to clean up all kinds of nasty stuff, I did it because I got paid to do it.

When you eat in a fast food place do you take your trash and put it in the garbage can or do you just leave it? Sure someone will come around and clean up after you, but it is customary in a place like that to throw your trash away, just like it is customary to put your weights back.

so then what is the job of a "gym attendant"?

Putting weights back after *kitten* leave them on barbells, the floor, etc would be one of the things. A janitor has to clean a bathroom, that doesn't make it okay for someone to drop a deuce on the floor.

So racking a weight is to gym employee as picking up feces on the floor is to custodian/janitor?

A point that can be made for both is this: As a janitor/custodian, part of agreeing to the job is that accidents will happen and they may come into contact with stank logs on the floor. As a gym employee, part of agreeing to the job is keeping a tidy gym even when members don't rack the weights.

And a point we can agree on is people that don't put the weights back are *kitten*?

I'll back you 100% on that. Even to the point that I'll rack somebody else's weight if they leave it. However, the only point I'm trying to make is that gym staff can expect to do it as well and really don't have a leg to stand on as far as complaining about it goes (IMO).

I complain about expects of my job all the time, am I not allowed to?
  • debrag12
    Options
    Also people that use cardio equipment when its not raining. (most likely vegans)

That's a new one for me. I use a treadmill on each gym visit. I actually like running outdoors in the rain/cold than in the hot sun.
  • Ngegee
    Ngegee Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    None. I don't go to gym to worry about what others are doing, I go for my goals.

Noble sentiment but given your narcissistic profile pic I'm not sure if you're being tongue-in-cheek?!
  • alexpn
    alexpn Posts: 59 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    All of the above but can we include the changing/shower rooms in the gym too? I despise those men who feel it's acceptable to clean out their sinuses and spit it out when they are getting showered. It's F@cking disgusting!

Yes girls, this really happens!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Ngegee wrote: »
    None. I don't go to gym to worry about what others are doing, I go for my goals.

Noble sentiment but given your narcissistic profile pic I'm not sure if you're being tongue-in-cheek?!

That word. I do not think it means what you think it means. From the first sentence in the online dictionary definition of narcissism:
    inordinate fascination with oneself; excessive self-love; vanity.

Doesn't sound like somebody who's concerned with what others think or are doing.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Losers that tell me I'm lifting way too heavy for a girl and if I want to tone up more I should be lifting less.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    sfcrocker wrote: »
    My main one is people who sit on the weight machines for 10+ minutes playing on their phones when other people are waiting to use them.

This was my greatest pet peeve (and still is) but last week there was a woman SITTING on the leg extension machine READING a BOOK..and every so often she would lift her legs and do an extension WITH NO WEIGHTS ON IT. omg...I could not contain my feelings of disgust....it was written all over my face/ UGH.

• urloved33
    Options
    sfcrocker wrote: »
    My main one is people who sit on the weight machines for 10+ minutes playing on their phones when other people are waiting to use them.

just ask to work in. i do. it's never been a problem. how are they supposed to know other people are waiting unless someone tells them?

well they can start by being aware of their surroundings.

• urloved33
    Options
    ralfprz wrote: »
    I dont smell the greatest after a 2 hour cardio sesh but theres always that one SUPER STINNNKYY/PISS/B.O person in the gym, huge pet peeve when they start working out next to you and you cant even breathe.

OR the people who wear so MUCH perfume/oils/cologne TO THE GYM its hard to breathe when they walk by or worst when they set up camp next to you. ugh...how dang inconsiderate.

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Ngegee wrote: »

check ur sodium intake m8 ur saltier than the ded sea breh
  • AbigailC17
    AbigailC17 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    When I see drops of sweat all over the gym equipment, I have to go wipe a strangers dna and hope it didn't get into my skin lol
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I can second people hogging the machines and benches. If the gym is busy and I'm resting between sets, I'll get up and let someone else do their set. If the gym is empty I just stay put. The other is people who roll out yoga mats and do Pilates and block the abs benches.
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    People who think it's acceptable to walk naked around the locker like they are at home. I won't even go in the locker room any more. Have a smidge of decency and wrap a towel around your waist if you aren't in the process of dressing/undressing!

Second peeve is the ones who talk to themselves trying to psych themselves up before/during a run or lift.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    debrag12 wrote: »
    Oh this thread again -_- I see the usual answers but awaiting following answers:
    -women who wear makeup

Shouldn't be long now.

Usually in these threads, aside from a lot of what has been mentioned already, someone throws in a "OMG, GIRLS WHO WEAR TIGHT CLOTHES AND MAKEUP! ARE YOU TRYING TO CATCH A HUSBAND?!" I was merely pointing out that those two things had not been mentioned yet.

Signed,
    Someone who wears tight clothes and makeup to the gym
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    debrag12 wrote: »
    -women who wear makeup

Shouldn't be long now.

Usually in these threads, aside from a lot of what has been mentioned already, someone throws in a "OMG, GIRLS WHO WEAR TIGHT CLOTHES AND MAKEUP! ARE YOU TRYING TO CATCH A HUSBAND?!" I was merely pointing out that those two things had not been mentioned yet.

Signed,
    Someone who wears tight clothes and makeup to the gym

I've been waiting for the comments as well. Surprisingly I haven't seen them. Also, normally its from a man who is shirtless in his profile pic and moaning about how "inappropriate" women dress to the gym :|
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    People who think it's acceptable to walk naked around the locker like they are at home. I won't even go in the locker room any more. Have a smidge of decency and wrap a towel around your waist if you aren't in the process of dressing/undressing!

Second peeve is the ones who talk to themselves trying to psych themselves up before/during a run or lift.

Its a locker room for the love of all that is good. It is normal to expect naked people in there. Don't need to be naked hiking a foot up on the sink to clean one's junk, but just basically walking around?