Lose 5 Pounds a Month- July 2010 Challenge

Options

Replies

• 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I hope you all had a good week. congratulations to all. : ) im so excited i bought my new scale and weighed the following morning and i was 171 which was great then today i was 172.0 YAY : )

S W JULY 1st : 172.8

C W JULY 11th : 172.0

G W Aug 1st : 167.8

Not much but its something ...

Randi I have the same problem lol i just cant help stepping on the scale daily but i keep a calendar on my fridge and write the weight on it every time i weigh myself in the morning it keeps me focused on the weekly weights and i can see the fluxuations better so that i don't focus on the times that i go up, I don't write anything else on that calendar just the weight on that particulare morning. I didn't write anything during the week that i didn't have a scale but resumed a couple days ago when i got it again. Hope that helps : )

edit: Oh and i weigh with just my night shirt on no pants lol cause i know that im heavier with clothes on so that is a deturrant from weighing any other time than in the morning and at night. but i only write down the morning weight right after i weigh

Im really looking forward to next weeks challenge i bombed this week but 3 fruits and 2 vegies seems reachable cant wait to see what goes with it. : )
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

Back from a week of vacationing! Good thing it was extremely relaxing!:yawn: Bad thing, I gained 2 pounds:sad: I am back on track this morning! I was going to get up and run but I woke up with a bad headache (lack of sleep....came home on the red-eye Saturday), so for today I plan to work on getting my eating back on track.

I am too busy to go back and read all the posts from this past week but welcome to the newcomers. For those who lost weight keep up the good work. I hope everyone has a great Monday.

Terri
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!! Hope the weekend was kind to you all! Don't forget, if there's something you want to see as a challenge for NEXT week, private message me, I'll pick two different types of exercise and one food challenge.
    Here's this weeks BMK Challenge! Are you game?
    Jumping Jacks 150 for the week - thats 25 a day with one day of rest!
    Eat 3 different fruits & 2 different veggies per day for at least 5 days.
    And lets do another 2 days of 90 min straight workout this week!
    Let's get it started! Woot woot!
    I'm headed out for Week7 Day1 of C25k since it's not yet raining, however, my boobs are killing, so I doubled up my sportsbra, but I don't think it's gonna help. I'll be in and out throughout the week. Take care all!! Bru
  • mrsyyoung
    mrsyyoung Posts: 16
    Options
    fivefatcats- thanks for the info!!!! I'm hanging in there:smile:
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    I am in for my 1st 5#/MONTH challange.....I love these challanges

--50 jumping jacks in....
  • georgette70
    georgette70 Posts: 158
    Options
    Checking In!

July 1 - 166.6
    July 6 - 166.4
    July 12 - 163.6 (Yay)

19 days to lose another 3.6 pounds and meet the July Challenge!! :happy:
    Cannot wait to get out of the 160's!!!
  • mrsyyoung
    mrsyyoung Posts: 16
    Options
    rmwilliams- I know what you mean, I'm the same way. I do really great during the week...but on the weekends I really blow it. I don't even log in because I know that I really messed up on the calories and the exercise.

This site is really good though because I see all the other really great women who are doing it 7 days a week and I look at their success and it gives me hope!!!:smile:

I look at it this way, before, I wasn't even doing it right for 5 days a week...now I am....so I pray that I will eventually get it right 7 days a week.

Hang in there we can do it:wink:

mrsy
  • leix
    leix Posts: 176
    Options
    1.5lb left to lose for this month :)
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Alright guys talk about a blow that can totally knock the wind out of my sail I stepped on the scale after 550 mins of working out and I was down 0.8 all I can say is really that's it ok so the plan for this week is to really buckle down on my food this time plus anothe great workout week is on the way. I will see what that bring 3weeks left something will work!!!
  • 55tolose
    Options
    back to 171.4 today lets keep it that way till sunday lol or even better get to 170 by sunday :) Im pretty excited for the jumping jacks im headed out to hopefully get some shoes that don't slide around since i can never find a wide athletic shoe in my size lol
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Bru - thanks for posting the challenge. I think I will join in this week. I have already had 2 fruits today and a variety of veggies in my lunch salad (spinach, arugula, peppers, cucumber, tomato, mushrooms). I will be sure to eat another fruit before the end of day, as well as another veg for good measure. I haven't done jumping jacks in ages - should be fun! :tongue: The tricky one for me to fit in is the 90 min sessions - I know I can do one on Saturday (BodyFLOW + C25k), so I just need to fit one more in! I can surely manage to do that! Maybe 10 min cardio + 20 min of weights before/after one of my classes this week? :happy:
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Options
    Check in time!!!!

July 1: 145.8
    July 5: 146.2 :angry:
    July 12: 143.6 :love: :bigsmile: :love: :bigsmile: (can you tell I'm excited!!)

August 1 goal: 140---only 3.6 more to go!

Going camping with friends this weekend, so I hope that doesn't completely screw me over...:drinker:

Great job everyone so far!!!
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    One of the worst weekends in my life. I know I've lost but its not a good loss... expecting it to come back. I will work hard at staying healthy through this mess.

Talk to you al soon!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    July 1st 229.8
    July 5th 229.4
    July 12th 227.6
    July 19th
    July 26th
    July 31st >>>>>goal>>>>>> under 220!

How's everyone doing that is in this weeks BMK Challenge? I have my 3 fruits & veggies done for today already! I'll be doing my jumping jacks tonight in front of the tv!

Apparently my Dad finally delivered me a truckload of dirt today for my yard so I can do MORE landscaping! So that will keep me busy for the next few weeks! There's my 90 minute workouts! :bigsmile: :noway: :bigsmile: :noway: :bigsmile: It will be a lot of work, but GREAT for my workouts! :wink:

Kelly
  • princesspurple
    Options
    If I don't lose anything this week, I am going to scream! I have stepped up my workouts, cut out whiskey-drinking wine, cut out a heavy dessert-having a 60 cal poscicle.....aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhh
  • shelli1923
    shelli1923 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have been feeling yucky still. :sick: I have been eating okay and getting in good workouts, though! I feel smaller this week. I haven't lost any lbs. really for the last 2 weeks (been hovering between 154.8 and 156). I have been working out more, I guess. I don't know but I feel smaller! I have a waist again...and its smaller than my chest and my hips! I'm not sure about the challenge this week. I will probably do the jumping jacks. This weekend my DF's mother said I looked like I had lost a lot of weight. :bigsmile: Oh, and someone guessed my weight to be 129! :tongue:

Terri- glad to see you are back!
    Great job to everyone losing this week!
  • timbotina
    Options
    Did 150 jumping jacks today....a nice exercise to fit in anytime you have a couple minutes and it adds up....ate my quota of fruit/vegs......and even worked out with Jillian.....day one DOWN!!!!! bring on tomorrow!!!!
  • 55tolose
    Options
    Today was a semi good day I did my 25 jumping jacks and ate 2 fruits... had a low cal clam chowder that had some vegies in it but that is better than i usually do.
  • ifychudy
    ifychudy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    07/01/10 226lbs

07/05/10 224.2

07/12/10 225.6( gain of 1.4)
  • timbotina
    Options
    Day # 2--50 jumping jacks and one fruit in......will add more later......:happy: