The Walking Dead

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Thoughts on the Season Finale?

The person who died was the one I guessed. Side note: She will be playing Lt. Cmdr Rainsford on the new Star Trek: Discovery.

I guessed the war wouldn't start until next season, but that makes sense. I rather watch a whole season for the "All Out War" (What it's called in comics) then have only a couple episodes for it.

I'm excited about next season and I'm glad Rick didn't back down when faced with the same thing he was faced with at the beginning of the the season.

Poor "Carol" (Carl, but the internet makes fun of how Rick says Carl, it sounds like Carol sometimes) Rick didn't seem as upset that his son was going to get bashed.

They keep playing with Rick's hands. FYI - in the comic Rick lost his right hand early on.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to the war next season.
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    That finale dragged on way too long but once the bullets started flying I was pleased.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,688 Member
    Options
    Only a couple of episodes this season kept me really interested. The rest....eh. Still a fan, but the group is slowly being reduced and they need to bring in some strong characters next season.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Bayluvr
    Bayluvr Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

Poor "Carol" (Carl, but the internet makes fun of how Rick says Carl, it sounds like Carol sometimes) Rick didn't seem as upset that his son was going to get bashed.

" Korl, close your EYE!" Remember when Rick and Michonne first got together in Alexandria, and Carl realized they were sleeping together, then Chris Hardwick spoofed it on "Talking Dead"?
  • JT232323
    JT232323 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Only a couple of episodes this season kept me really interested. The rest....eh. Still a fan, but the group is slowly being reduced and they need to bring in some strong characters next season.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I'm with you on this one. Too much monologing this season . . . like "what's it all mean!" That I'm getting tired of and this is definitely not their best season.
  • cee134
    Options
    This was a filler season, They could of set everything up in 3 episodes.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options

Yeah, we didn't see much progress. I heard Rosita is beheaded in the comics so I was expecting that this episode.

I hope next season has more action.
  • Valsgoals
    Valsgoals Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Very frustrated with the season finale. I agree, this was way too slow a season. And now we have to wait how long to get any more progress? :'(
  • cee134
    edited April 2017
    Options

Yeah, we didn't see much progress.
    I heard Rosita is beheaded in the comics so I was expecting that this episode.

Spoilers! Yeah, there is no telling how they will play it on the TV show though.
  • jessiefrancine
    jessiefrancine Posts: 271 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Valsgoals wrote: »
    Very frustrated with the season finale. I agree, this was way too slow a season. And now we have to wait how long to get any more progress? :'(

I believe it comes back in October. Although that doesn't mean we'll actually see any progress.
  • cee134
    edited April 2017
    Options

Yeah, we didn't see much progress.
    I heard Rosita is beheaded in the comics so I was expecting that this episode.

In the comic, what happened with Sasha is what actually happens to someone named Holly. They did it a different way but it was still pretty much the same event.

I thought Sasha was trying to trick Eugene to give her a weapon to kill Negan.

But the way a Zombie attacks someone, couldn't a person just pull a Rick and just bit Negan's neck (like the time Rick did that to someone)?
  • cee134
    Options
    Valsgoals wrote: »

We are going to have to wait an entire new season to see how Negan ends up. I am willing to bet that we will find out what happens to him at the end of the new season. So..... a year from now.
    Read the comics if you want to find out what happens to Negan. I'm sure it will be the same.
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    On Talking Dead, Scott Gimple said the first 4 episodes of season 8 will be mind melting. So I'm expecting much more action next season. Even the season finale dragged on for me. Really no action until the last 20 minutes, but they were a good 20 minutes.
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    So slow this season. Enough with the side stories AMC! Sheesh!

I am just about ready to ditch the show and wait for the DVD's to come out and binge watch it 3 or 4 years from now. I feel the same about Better Call Saul and Fear the Walking Dead as well.

At least I DVR every episode and never ever watch a commercial :-)
  • robhod1
    robhod1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    First and last episodes of this season were good, the rest have been absolute gash. Also, and I'll need to check this again, Negan was looking pretty good considering he had been attacked by a massive tiger. There wasn't a scratch on him when he declared war at the end. That guy is nails.
  • cee134
    Options
    robhod1 wrote: »
    First and last episodes of this season were good, the rest have been absolute gash. Also, and I'll need to check this again, Negan was looking pretty good considering he had been attacked by a massive tiger. There wasn't a scratch on him when he declared war at the end. That guy is nails.

He wasn't attacked by a tiger, it got the guy behind him.
  • robhod1
    robhod1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yeh, I got over excited and made a mistake. It was all so hectic!!
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    I liked the finale.
    I did not see the double cross coming.
    I DID say that Carol and the tiger would come and save them.
    Happy tiger ate people.