WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2016

Options

Replies

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    KarenE - I'm sitting Byhalia, MS not too far southeast of Memphis. We're heading towards Florida, not in a hurry.

Thanks, I too am happy the rash is gone. I don't particularly like how I feel on the steroids, ufortunately I think my husband is getting the brunt of it. I'm hoping it gets better after an adjustment period.

Janetr (headed to Montgomery AL in the morning)
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    janet. How are the steroids making you feel? Are you irritable or anxious? How long will you be on the steroids?
    NYKAREN
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,672 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 13.19min, 13.2amph,142mhr, 120ahr, 2.9mi= 70c
    SPIN- 45min, 85r, 103w, 10-16g, 149mhr, 18.8mi = 307c
    ride gym 2 dome- 8.20min, 10.2amph, 142mhr, 118ahr, 1.4mi = 82c
    ride dome 2 hm- 21.14min, 7.2amph, 149mhr, 2.5mi = 253c
    total cal 705
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Heather – That ‘baby’ won’t take anything off her big brother and sister. She is sooooo cute, too! Nobody will ever believe she is going to be very ‘spirited’ and give them a run for their money!

Marcelyn – It just seemed so strange to see 30 or more semis with their front-end pointing down. DH thought maybe it was so that somebody trying to steal them would be put off if they had taken something off to prevent them from stealing it. I know that DH opens his hood and leaves it up when he gets home; but, his truck tends to run ‘hot’. But, after well over 300,000 miles on it, the fact that it is still running is a testament to the maker.

Did you have ‘rotator cuff’ surgery? I had to have it done twice; same shoulder. First from falling off a make-shift ladder; then about a year-and-a-half later, because of a ‘seizure’. First time, my shoulder/arm was ‘freezing up’ and I could not paint because I could not raise my arm. When they did the surgery, they took pictures while doing it; and, they sucked up a chip of bone that was easily over 1/4th of an inch across from the ball of the part that goes in the shoulder socket. OrthoMD was so surprised the next AM when he came into my room and I told him that 'it did not hurt'. Did the PT as ordered and worked really hard at it, too. Second time, PT had to come to the house, because I was on a 'driving restriction'; that won't ever happen again. I finally called and told them that they needed to send a different PT because she always showed up after 5 in the afternoon. That was not convenient with me and I had told her that several times. There are still some days when I move it that it pops. I probably need to go have an injection of lidocaine shot into it. Really hasn’t bothered me too much.

OMG, I must be the worst MnL of all times, insofar as my DnLl#1 thinks. No rationality to anything. I just throw up my hands and hope that; 'this too shall pass'. She has to have the 'last word'. No matter what. So tired of hearing that I 'like/love' my 'newest' DnL#2 more than I do her. I wonder if I 'agreed' with her, if it would stop? But, I just cannot hurt my DOS and my DGDs by doing that. Twice since last November, she has just 'flown off the handle' as if she is 'looking to pick a fight'. I just don't have it in me. Our relationship isn't going to improve if she continues wanting the be 'the victim' and dredges up 16 years of 'resentment' that she 'thinks' we don't like her. Using my DYS and DDnL#2 as 'a' reason just no longer flies. GGGGrrrrrr!!!!!!! My MnL and I had a great relationship; when we lived in the same town, we'd go antique looking/shopping on Saturdays or go to the beach. I cannot even 'think' of a time when I ever treated her like I am being treated. I loved and respected her and her knowledge as a "Nannie" which was her profession. What's more is that I loved and respected my DH more, than to ever treat her with disrespect. There were times when we did not always agree; but, we were never contentious with one another.

It all started with DH 'kidding' DMGD about 'kicking her boyfriend to the curb' and her reaction. "Papa" is always kidding one of the other, or all 3 DGDs about something. That is just his personality. DH does not care if he is ever around her at this point. Got an email about having family pictures made. When the subject is "Good Morning" ... it usually isn't. She did not 'like' my response to her telling me that 'she thought she had made it clear that it wasn't DH's fault that she was angry', she already was, at DGDs, because they 'hold things in' and don't 'treat her like their BF' and confide in her like she is their BF or something. That's because she 'yells' at them, if they do not react in the same manner that she does. That just doesn't cut it anymore. I'm as tired of her excuses as I am of her accusations. Then, I read my response to DH BEFORE I responded it to her (twice); then she writes back, 'well we're getting nowhere so I will just say it'. OK! Nowhere! "Quite frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn" [Rhett Butler] BUT, I do care what my son is told and what he thinks. She is a wedge and a hammer at the same time. I'm just the 'old battle-ax'! Dammit! >:):( Next damn time he says 'something' about how I make her 'feel' unloved; I will hand him a copy of the 'first' time she sent me an email with the subject listed as "Good Morning". That said it all! DYS was called and he defended his wife, as he should ... she was totally 'blind-sided' by her constant 'text messages' that got more and more 'bitchy'; then she had the mitigating gall to call him and *kitten* about it. He called his brother and asked him, 'what the HELL is wrong with her'? In other words, 'what set her off this time'? Then DOS wonders why DYS does not call him. "Could be because you are so negative." Besides it is just as easy for you to call him as it is for him to always call you.

If they do not come for Thanksgiving, like they normally do ... I am just going to 'cancel' it and we'll go 'out to eat' instead. I'm sick and tired of it, especially when things seem to be going about as well as they ever do. Then, she posts $#*T on FB and doesn't 'think' there is any way I could possibly know it. WRONG! Some people just cannot 'wait' to show you the comments and pictures.

Lenora
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Heather I love Bea. Her siblings are adorable. I hope your cheeky offer on the house is accepted.

DJ Spectacular sunrise!

<3B)

Karen in Virginia
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Heather: beautiful family! Gayle
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    :)Marcelyn, you are doing a great job recovering from your surgery. Do you have pain meds to help you? I admire your decision to find a way to participate in the half-marathon.

<3 Barbie
  • janetr7476
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »
    janet. How are the steroids making you feel? Are you irritable or anxious? How long will you be on the steroids?
    NYKAREN

I think mostly irritable. I'm supposed to be on them for 2-3 months. I may not make it that long.

Janetr
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Barbie a nd Marcelyn - you two are rock stars. Glad to hear you are slowing down per doctor's order, yet actively working on recovery. <3

Janetr
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Love the picture of all of the sisters. <3

Now that you mention it Katla there were not a lot of tree branches here either. They sure missed the mark calling this storm but unlike some who are just bad mouthing the weather people I say better prepared and nothing happen than vise versa.

Off to bed so I am rested for interview tomorrow.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,328 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Horrible dark, windy, damp morning. :(

My difficult friend seems to be pulling out of the group jaunt I London in November. Her husband smashed his thigh bone in four places falling off his bike. He can't be nursed by her in this country because he is a tax exile, so she is flying out to Gibraltar around then.
    I hope that's true because I do not want to listen to her going on about it for hours on end when all her troubles are brought on by herself. >:) Martyrdom does not have a good name with me as my mother was prone to it. This man is not even a proper husband and has ignored her, cheated on her and used her for his own ends for ever.
    Rant over.
    I hope the three remaining members will still get together. I could stay in her apartment with the others now as she is not there, but I don't want to be part of using his ill gotten gains. I have booked a hotel for one night.

Yoga this morning and then a get together for coffee at the pub. We have a half term break next week.

Love Heather UK
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Elizabeth2360
    Elizabeth2360 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hello, yesterday was busy. Went into Boise for my pre-op appointment went well.
    Having a hard time going to sleep! I have so much to do today that not good! Hopefully a nap somewhere sometime today!

@drKatie lovely picture!

Food is going ok . Still not to the gym! Need to get there!

Have a great Tuesday,
    Liz
    Caldwell, Idaho
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Morning, all...

Well, the first pair of buyers for the warehouse is getting cold feet. Understandable--they've never even bought a house, and are wholly dependent on his karate classes continuing to gain traction. And, bluntly, it's a town of 8,000 people with a limited possible audience. I won't badger them (she works with me), as I feel I have too much vested interest to be able to give neutral advice. They have to make their own decisions for their own benefit.

And, the last time I spoke to my real estate agent, she said there was also some interest from a landscaping/nursery company. This would be a perfect venue for something like that - the fenced half-acre that comes with it would allow for a massive greenhouse. Here in West Texas, greenhouses have to be cooled, rather than heated--it's a little weird. I'm trying to remind myself that, in the eight years the husband and I have been together, everything has turned out for the best, time after time. This will, too. It just seldom happens on my expected time frame--I am an impatient soul. >:)

Struggling with all my addictions at the moment (luckily, they're all legal, if not exactly healthy)--and will be glad when this final sale is done and dusted. After that, we will clear the warehouse out completely. Anything not sold will be donated to a couple of the local church groups, and anything they don't want will just go to the dump. One stressor off my plate, when I stop walking through the warehouse every day with a sigh for all that still must be done. I need to get my focus on my own health and happiness back, and don't feel I can until this last sale is completed on Nov. 5.

But, we're in a comfortable situation, we can live like we are now for years, if necessary. I had just dreamed of getting out of yet another blast furnace summer, and living again with grass and trees. It will come, and probably when I least expect it. With both of us working in jobs we love, we can easily pay off the warehouse in the next couple of years and still put money away--and perhaps that's the happy ending. Who knows? I may yet open the place as a farm/flea/crafter's market in the spring. Let other people deal with the merchandise, and I'll just open the doors and collect money. :)

Penny - good to see your face, and I'm sorry your own stresses are so high--we love your presence here.

All our recoverees, it's good to see you taking care of yourselves. I need to take a leaf from your book.

Did I mention I was elected to the board of directors of the Chamber of Commerce? First meeting tonight, right after work, then our only form of social interaction at the moment, trivia night at the local coffee house, run by an old friend. Who is going off the Chamber board, so will see her tonight at both!

Thinking about y'all--as Penny said, you keep me grounded.
    With love,
    Lisa in West Texas...the high today will hit 90 degrees, and tomorrow it will hit 91 F. Yuck.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,785 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    the last couple of days have just been very odd ball~ could be the full moon.. I have been so tired because of Chester that I fell asleep at 5:30 last night, then woke up at 9:20 didn't fall back asleep until 12:30 and then Tom woke up at 2 and was awake again until he left at 3:30..
    Chester is doing better poor Homer not so much, he is back to where he was a couple of weeks ago, feels like he has a fever and very lathargic. so off to the vet again..
    then there is turmoil at work...I don't really know what is going on but Diane the true office manager is about ready to jump ship ,Dr Ho our boss is tightening the belt and he owns with a partner about 7 offices and we were there first office.. things are getting dicey.. I can't afford to one -be out of work and 2 at 56 will be very hard to find something.. but will take everything one day at a time...
    so I am going into work at 10 , will hop in the shower and get my lunch and stuff together and pray today is a better day
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,672 Member
    Options
  • 9lknowles
    9lknowles Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    9LKnowles, here. New to the app and not sure how to "join" this group. Is there a button I am missing?