WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2016

Options

Replies

• drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Re, we just had to have our HVAC replaced as well. Ouch, that hurt the old bank account. I could have had beautiful new floors with that money. But DH said not freezing in the winter was more important than having pretty floors. I know he's right, but my inner child is pouting.

Three groups of arm work today with cardio bursts in between. My legs are sore from yesterday. Babysat the grands this afternoon. Took me two hours to get home through Atlanta traffic. Today marks one week with no diet soda, but my resolve is caving.

Welcome, newbs!
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Heather, if my grand kids looked like that I would want to live nearby also. Not to say my grand kids aren't the best looking around. I believe they are. But my life is here. As I have said before, I do have this fear of going through all of the sorting through and packing up my life, which is my house, and moving. We also do not want to have another mortgage. But when I look at your other grand daughter I see that Bea will be just as beautiful

Lisa, did I ever say that the 'Tell City' of Tell City furniture is right up the road from us?

DJ, love, love that picture. I don't know why I have never seen one like that when I have been there.

Got my new CPAP today. I can't believe how much smaller they are now. I had two items of criteria that I went in with as my head gear. I didn't want one that would give me CPAP hair or CPAP face. well I think this might still give me some degree of CPAP hair but not the face. the strap that will go on the top of my head is so much lighter in weight and size. I also can't believe it is totally cellular. Kind of like Big Brother is watching a little to much. He set it up that I needed to put it on as soon as I turn in on but I have my pillows in such a way that when I get in bed with my sleeping medicine in my system, I don't want to have to turn my machine on which is on the floor. My blankets get all messed up, my sleepiness is messed up, etc. So he changed the settings that all I have to do is to put it to my nose and inhale and it turns itself on. that way when I take it off to go potty in the middle of the night the computer doesn't think I am not wearing it. And everything is more washable. It's one of the 'pillow' type head gear. That's the one I have had for years and I think any other would be claustrophobic to me. But that is just me.

To those giving advice to Allie about how to act when Tom puts her down, I have always said I will not allow myself to stoop to the level of Charlie when he does the same to me. I keep cool, calm on the outside, may not be on the inside. But I will not act like that. Plus I have always tried to reflect God in my heart to him. There are times that I have been ashamed of how I have responded to him. When he is calm, i do let him know how it makes me feel. From the way he looks, it seems he is like he is shutting me out but who knows if he is or not.. Sometimes he says he is sorry, sometimes he comes home from his walk and has brought me a candy bar. Yeah, that's not the healthiest thing but he doesn't know anything else to say he is sorry. It takes our daughter to get him to buy me a gift, jewelry is just against what he is, flowers die so that isn't what he would do. Chocolate is how he speaks.

Love you all. Welcome to the new ladies. You guys don't know the special family you are now in. These ladies will fight with you, cry with you, rejoice with you. Your realm of friendship is now international.

Joyce, Indiana where it is now finally going to be like October tomorrow. It is weird having 88 degrees.
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Gayle good to see you. Hope things are going better with your mom. DS#1 has needed extra help right now and that is why I haven't pushed to meet lately.

:heart: Margaret

We have to get together! Miss you and mary❤️
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know how Michele in NC is doing, where has she been?

Janetr okc
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Katla, when do you leave to go to your daughter's, what is her due date. Tiny new babies ar e just the sweetest and such a blessing.

Janetr okc
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Becca: I am so sorry you are sick. I've tasted eye drops after putting them in my eyes before, and didn't care for the taste at all. I think we all have some connections inside our heads between eyes and throat. I know when my nose gets stuffy my ears feel full of pressure, too. I hope you feel better soon. :flowerforyou:

Lenora: I just reread my post, and I owe you an apology. I got my words mixed up. My MIL was mean spirited and I don't think that of you. I am sorry I didn't proof read better. :embarassed:

janetr: I leave to go see my daughter Oct 26. I'm excited to be able to go, but worry about leaving DH home alone. :ohwell:

DH got a new brace to help with his dropfoot and I think it is a huge improvement over the previous one. He was moving much better, but wore himself out. We looked at a motor home on the way back from getting the new brace. I wound up getting sick sitting in it with the motor on. I think the exhaust fumes were seeping up inside of it. He wants a motor home, and I don't, but I absolutely don't want that one.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,329 Member
    Options
    I'm having a wobble moment about moving. Maybe it's the season - you just want to hunker down, not go rushing around looking at houses. Not that there are any. Nothing new coming up on the websites that we can afford.
    Last night I had a kind of fluey, rheumaticky flare up, which is probably stress related. :'(
    If the perfect house came up in the perfect place, I might feel better.
    It's not as if we have to move. Yes, Joyce, we would like to be nearer to the grandchildren, who give us great joy with their love and spirit, but we also want a more fun lifestyle. Our house is so nice though and our countryside views are so lovely, that, when you are about to lose them, you know the alternative has to give you something really special. Ours is the kind of house that, when you walk in, makes you breathe out and relax. Except when the b****y neighbours are making a horrible noise, which they often are. My friends often walk in and say, "Oh, it's so lovely here!"
    But I am often in the house for days on end. Yoga is the highlight of my life here. I like looking at the scenery, but I am not comfortable walking about in it by myself. I have lost interest in much gardening - it's become a chore now.
    But I am just feeling defeated by the whole idea of finding somewhere we like. :( Plus my knee and joints hurt. :(

Thanks for listening everyone. It really helps to think on the screen. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how Michele in NC is doing, where has she been?

Janetr okc

Michele has been in my newsfeed - she repeats that she is busy, a lot - but, she is logging in and seems to be doing all right... her usual news - just not here. Not sure, why.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    heather take a day and don't think about selling or buying, just heal up. <3

Re love reading your posts, the fact that your clothes feel looser is better than the number on the scale. It will keep falling if you keep doing what you're doing! I hear you about work life, it ain't what it used to be! I keep thinking about how tough my father had it in the 70s with manufacturing plants closing down, the stress killed him at the age of 63! I try not to think about it too obsessively, just taking it one step at a time.

We've all got a lot of folks depending on us in so many ways, not just financially, but emotionally, caretaking, etc. we've got to take good care of us , don't we!!! :#

Okay, shaking off the serious. Gotta go plan some good food for the day and bring lots of tea wherever I go today--scratchy throat just starting to get my attention.
    NYKAREN
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,785 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    Re~ you aren't kidding about work.. we are the first dental office that Dr HO and Patel bought, they went on to partner in about 15 other offices in the last 8 yrs, then they broke off with one of the partners so they are down to 8.. Dr Ho's wife has taken over about 4 of them and she is a "B" they have a nanny and she doesn't spend time with her daughter,she wears the pants in the family and bosses Dr Ho around and he doesn't want to rock the boat.. so now it is starting to effect us
    all of us women in the office are in our 50's except one she is 47, and both other drs that are associates are in there 30's ,Dr Ho is nit picking about when we punch in by the minute and alot of other stuff..things are getting very stressful ..
    Tom works for United Technologies which is a huge company and they are doing the same thing.. he will not get laid off because they need him to much he plans on working until his 66th birthday which is august of 2018 then retire..
    with us it all about insurance and it is one of the only things keeping him at work..
    Homer went back to the vet yesterday, more blood work ,and we will know better today what they found and what kind of antibiotic he will be on now..Chester has gotten over the hump and is feeling better. have to take him back to vet next week to have staples taken out..
    spoke with Tom and will call Ruth today and judge on if I will be making an overnight trip to Cape this weekend or not.. I have to work until noon on saterday and it is a 4 hr ride out.. so we will see, I might get a motel for overnight on saterday if I do... Ruth and Ray found each other later in life so no children ,so they sorta feel like I am part of the family, and if it is his time, I couldn't live with myself not to say goodbye.. Ruth was on Hospice care but she is a trooper and at 89 she doesn't seem to be going anywhere..
    Have to stay overnight tomorrow with Faith as Sean and Jean need to go up to N.H. to turn water off and put bubbler in at lake house
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Thanks NY Karen. :flowerforyou: I do feel better for having voiced my worries. The sun is actually shining and I talked it all over with DH. Luckily we are very supportive of each other. <3
    The painter came and repaired a damaged ceiling in the utility room that was there when we bought the house, plus he painted some sticky white stuff over an old leak stain in the family bathroom. Don't want to arouse anyone's suspicions.

I managed to complete my exercises, despite my stiff knee, and felt better for it. I'm giving the kettlebell a rest for now as my knee isn't happy with it. Did my dumbbells instead. Got to keep those muscles trim! :laugh:

I've got the tax form out of the filing cabinet. :noway:

Hairy Bikers Spanish Chicken tonight, Kim. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options

happy-dog-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Katla – Thank you! I accept your apology. I was ‘thinking’ … maybe I am wrong in how I have treated my DnL#1; but, I really do not think I have. She brings ‘drama’ into my home; and, I just will not accept it. Last night, they came over to sleep because it was 87° in their house at 9:00PM and their ‘air’ had gone out again. Guess we will have them until their air is fixed. If they replace just the cooling coils only; and, put in Freon ... it will cost them about $1000. With the money they have spent ‘fixing’ it; they could have paid for a new one. I ‘thought’ they had gotten a new one; but, I was wrong. DnL#1 did not say much last night; when I asked about the job, in Dawson, DOS let me know very quickly that he had said, that ‘it will close’ today and that she was only working here to get some experience in what she will be doing, provided she gets the job; they are both hoping she does because it will pay her significantly more. I’m praying that she does get it, it will be a great boost to her self-esteem and will make having had walked off her previous job ‘well worth it’. Like DOS told her, she now has her foot in the door and she will be able to continue getting better positions and pay. I just hope there are not 4 people ahead of her who have more experience.

Maybe, I should have chosen my words more carefully, when I was ‘venting and ranting’ and thought about what I was saying about this DnL#1. Sometimes, I guess my DnL#1 ‘thinks’ I am ‘mean-spirited’; but, there is NOTHING I can do to ever change her mind. I just hate that she has to continue feeling like I could ever love one child over the other. Even DsnL … they are part of my family as well. But, if there is an apology, it will have to be ‘in front of DH and DOS’. Because she will not ‘let go’ of the past, and I never know when she will dredge it up again. I cannot change the past; but, must ‘move on’. She has to have the last word, even if it is to say, ‘we’re getting nowhere’. I do not think I should have to ‘grovel’ to ‘make her feel better about herself’. Only SHE has that control; but, doesn’t have enough ‘self-discipline’ to ‘let it go, and move on herself. As DH says, she doesn’t seem to realize just how much we have helped them ‘financially’ and it is like we are having our hands bitten off, which you should not do when someone is helping you out, in any manner.

Janetr7476 – I have heard from Michele in NC; they live further north in the state of NC and were not affected by the storm. I’m sure she has just been busy doing other things; but, she will be back.

Allie – Dr. Ho sounds like my DOS, who doesn’t want to rock the boat with DnL#1. She wears the pants in their family as well. She starts (or tries to) arguments around and among people (even family) and then gets her ‘fanny’ on her shoulders when they get ‘angry or say something to her about her actions or words’ that she takes it as a personal affront. She has to get in the ‘last jab’ instead of just ‘letting it go’; so I just don't keep at it, I just stop answering her comments. I have often thought about just 'blocking' her or sending all her emails to my 'junk' folder after I have read them. She is quite jealous of DDnL#2. For those of you who might have questions; I just cannot put the extra “D” in front of her name at this point; because it is not a “D” as in “Dear”. I don’t curse her because ‘if’ I do, then I do the same to my family, ... all of them. It just ‘hurts’ when she says things that make me ‘wonder’ if she even knows what an apology is; or how it sounds to have her always be so negative. Her actions really affect all of us and we have all taken a few steps back, and letting her have a ‘wide’ berth; but, then, she just gets worse as if that extra space around her gives her more ammunition to operate with. I was taught that ‘slapping someone’ was almost as ‘bad as spitting at them’; but, when DOS grabbed my arm and would not let go, so I could go to my computer area [I’m sure he thought I was headed out the door, after DnL#1]; I told him to let go, I only wanted to get on my desktop. He kept a hold on me; but, when he let go … I was SO mad, that I took both hands and slapped him ‘hard’ on both cheeks at the same time. Needless to say, that made him ‘mad’ and he told me ‘don’t ever slap me again’. Since I was in my own home, I asked him what he was going to do about it, if I did ... hit me back? He backed off, I think he ‘knew’ he had gotten into my space and that I did not appreciate it. DH was coming into the room, so I think that is one reason he backed off. But, he and the girls stayed for supper; then, we sent home enough BBQ so that DnL#1 could have some.

I think I have set my bar too high to expect that this DnL#1 will ‘ever’ let us have the same type of ‘relationship’ that I had with my DMnL; and, it could be so much better for both of us, if we could. I’ve made a few remarks (to DH mostly) that I would ‘bite his @$$’ if she isn’t ‘bipolar’ or something. Her moods change light a flick of the light switch. We can just be talking and suddenly her demeanor just changes. DOS has told his Dad that he 'thinks' she has some 'mental issues'. "Ya Thunk?" I'm just concerned that something will send her off the edge into that dark abyss. Like when her Granny dies.

Lenora
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,672 Member
    Options
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Carey ~ Glad your eyes are feeling better!

Virginia ~ Awesome exercise! As I walked the Pom this morning, I wondered if I could run if something was chasing me. The answer was definitely, NO WAY! Think I'm going to have to do something about my knees sometimes soon.

Penny - I just printed a shipping label to Finland for a handbag I sold on Etsy. I had only charged $15 for shipping and the shipping to there was $21. :'( I need to start using calculated shipping instead of flat rates I guess.

It's still unusually hot in GA! Just turned the AC down to 74 trying to cool off the house. DH and I both woke up sweating last night. Even the Pom wanted down off the bed.

Carol
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Haven't done my taxes. :'( Tomorrow for sure. Hold me to that, ladies. >:)

What we did do was take a whole lot of stuff to the dump. How I love that. :D The garage looks a whole lot emptier. :D Plus we took a big bag of cookery books and unwanted gifts to the charity shop. Feels sooooooo good. :bigsmile:
    We are now debating whether we can declutter and downsize enough to fit ourselves into a small ultra modern house that is on the market. DH is keen, but I feel the need to hang on to some things. :* Would be nice to make a whole new start. Fabulous position near the sea, with parking. But tiny. I love the idea of pared down living, but the reality involves some difficult choices.

Anyway, I got a real boost from getting rid of stuff. Does anyone else feel like that?

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    <3