What trendy foods do you refuse to purchase?

Options

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Yeah, hummus, I haven't tried it but it sounds disgusting.
    Avocados
    Sun dried tomatoes
    Chick peas
    Quinoa
    Kombucha
    Chai
    Bottled water
    Protein bars
    Granola
    Almond/soy/rice etc milk
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    Hummus is really quite nice. :)

Regarding yogurt ...

I tried Greek Yogurt because there were some flavours I thought I'd like, but I don't like the texture. I do, however, like the texture of the low cal yogurts ... lighter and fluffier. So that's what I choose.
  • renae161
    renae161 Posts: 334 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Yeah, hummus, I haven't tried it but it sounds disgusting.
    Avocados
    Sun dried tomatoes
    Chick peas
    Quinoa
    Kombucha
    Chai
    Bottled water
    Protein bars
    Granola
    Almond/soy/rice etc milk

Oh that post made me feel bad haha. Hummus is basically just like a bean dip. Just with a different kind. It's actually made from chick peas (garbanzo beans), I like avocados, never heard of kombucha what is that?, chai is one of my favorite tea's, I can't use the tap water here. The apartment's pipes I'm renting has potential lead in them, so we buy bottled water and filters. I like soy milk and rice milk and like half the *kitten* you wrote haha. Man I feel so bad lmao
  • frankie671
    frankie671 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds. So expensive!
  • renae161
    renae161 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    What is tumeric? I saw that on YouTube on all the videos. People putting it on their face& teeth etc. It kind of looks like a weird mustard seasoning.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Anything fat free. Although my daughter still loves her kale and cheddar casserole.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Pretty much all the flavored coffees, especially the seasonal ones from the Coffee chains.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Haha love this thread. For me...

kale
    tofu noodles
    kombucha
    Water infused with veggies
    Smoothies with spinach
    popcorn in a bag (I don't understand why this is so popular, there is literally a whole entire aisle at my grocery store dedicated to already prepopped bagged popcorn)
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds. Tried it once and it grossed me out

Exactly this.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    frankie671 wrote: »

Chia seeds are where I draw the line too. I love "trendy" foods, variety, fusion, have always been an adventurous eater. Okra, spicy stuff, new flavors, texture, bring it.

chia seeds aren't food. Just unpleasant, they don't add anything positive to anything they are in.

Also I can't get with greens in smoothies. Never liked vegetable juice. Love vegetables and don't need to hide them in things.

And I am having mental pushback vs eating bugs. I know logically it makes sense to use them as a resource, and I like crawfish and shrimp, they look like bugs, but crickets, etc. are difficult for me to countenance.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

Oh, and I don't like Starbucks coffee. I think it tastes burnt.

OMG I thought I was the only one. Can't stand the stuff.
    Yeah, I don't like their black coffee at all. I honestly prever McDonald's for that.

I will say I love the chilie mocha, but thats just chocolate

• robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    renae161 wrote: »
    What is tumeric? I saw that on YouTube on all the videos. People putting it on their face& teeth etc. It kind of looks like a weird mustard seasoning.

Tumeric is a spice. That's not trendy, you have been eating it for years in curries.
  • goldengirl111
    goldengirl111 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    robininfl wrote: »
    frankie671 wrote: »

Chia seeds are where I draw the line too. I love "trendy" foods, variety, fusion, have always been an adventurous eater. Okra, spicy stuff, new flavors, texture, bring it.

chia seeds aren't food. Just unpleasant, they don't add anything positive to anything they are in.

Also I can't get with greens in smoothies. Never liked vegetable juice. Love vegetables and don't need to hide them in things.

And I am having mental pushback vs eating bugs. I know logically it makes sense to use them as a resource, and I like crawfish and shrimp, they look like bugs, but crickets, etc. are difficult for me to countenance.

I can't figure out what to put them in. It's a texture thing for me... welcome help..