What trendy foods do you refuse to purchase?

Options

Replies

• gabrielasilva0812
    gabrielasilva0812 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter......I can't for my life eat it lol so I stick with almond butter
    Sweet potato....
    Anything sugar free......
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    renae161 wrote: »
    I'll try new foods and drinks that are trendy or not, but I won't rebuy it or try it if it doesn't look appealing to me or I don't like the taste. The one thing I won't buy is those rainbow bagels. They look like play-doh and don't look good to me at all. A bagel does not need to be colorful to taste good, but everyone was lining up for one and going crazy about it. I saw so many posts about it and videos on it, but it just didn't look good to me.

OK, I just googled them and yeah... you're 100% right. They look exactly like play-doh!
  • renae161
    renae161 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    Greek yogurt, ccocnut water

is greek yogurt a trend? its the only yogurt i ate growing up and im 30. it has like tripple thr protien.. good trend if u ask me.

I think you're ok then since you were eating it before it became "a thing". It's the only yogurt in our stores here. I used to LOVE those yogurt whips from yoplait. They were like a mousse textured yogurt and I bought them all the time until they pulled them off the shelf and started replacing them with 100 calorie yogurts and Greek yogurts. Now, every yogurt here is greek, so eventually I just had to buy it or not have any yogurt at all.
  • renae161
    Options
    I guess I like some trendy foods then cause I love hummus w/ pita bread or Carrot's. But, I will only buy the original or red pepper. I like kale, but I also like other leafy green veggies. Maybe it's just cause I'm vegetarian or that I'm just plain weird? Who knows :p

I also have tried chia seeds. I have some in my fridge haha. I hate the taste of dark chocolate, but then again I'm not really much of a chocolate person and don't understand why people can get obsessed over it.

Ive had acai berry flavored things. It tastes like a tart blueberry/blackberry kind of red grape flavor. Good just not crazy about it.

I've tried some hemp protein before that was garlic and herb. It was gross.
  • renae161
    Options
    renae161 wrote: »
    Greek yogurt, ccocnut water

is greek yogurt a trend? its the only yogurt i ate growing up and im 30. it has like tripple thr protien.. good trend if u ask me.

I think you're ok then since you were eating it before it became "a thing". It's the only yogurt in our stores here. I used to LOVE those yogurt whips from yoplait. They were like a mousse textured yogurt and I bought them all the time until they pulled them off the shelf and started replacing them with 100 calorie yogurts and Greek yogurts. Now, every yogurt here is greek, so eventually I just had to buy it or not have any yogurt at all.

ohh yea i had those whips a few times loved that texture. My husband wants regular vanilla yogurt and it always blows my mind how much more protien the greek has. witchcraft if you ask me! lol.

Yea, they were great. But, now they have yoplait 100 calories greek whips. The taste has some of the whip texture, but you can just tell something is missing cause it's too "airy" if that makes sense.It's not dense enough like the old one was.